Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

DO WE ENJOY LOSING!!

Sun Aug 29, 2010 12:25 pm

i've been a city fan since the days of chris pike, lee barnard, chris fry etc and have witnessed some absolute shite in my time following city. i honestly think that i was better than some of the players i paid to watch but i still loved watching city and the crack of following my local club. At the moment this is the best football team i have ever seen in a cardiff shirt by a country mile and it's a pleasure to go down and watch quality football. But i do wonder if others would rather us still be shit. We have had an unbelievable start to the season, comfortably brushing aside a team with some established premier league players, yet i can't help think that this message board would be far busier if we had lost 4-1. I do agree with what dave jones said this morning that no matter what he does he'll never please some people. C'mon lads give the guy a break, get behind him and enjoy watching quality players playing for the city. :ayatollah:

Re: DO WE ENJOY LOSING!!

Sun Aug 29, 2010 1:00 pm

I got to give it to you your totally right....i remember spending the pennies i had to watch those monkeys play. Whereby we were a guaranteed three points for a number of struggling traveling teams and then demanding the heads of previous boards and managers afterwards. However, to watch the football we currently producing and the signings we have attracted to the club, love him or hate him Dave Jones deserves all the credit the team are currently achieving. If its predictable results you want then jump on the supporters clubs of the Premier League teams that depart from South Wales every weekend, if not then follow the City, win, loose or draw. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Aug 29, 2010 1:17 pm

thehumblegringo wrote:i've been a city fan since the days of chris pike, lee barnard, chris fry etc and have witnessed some absolute shite in my time following city. i honestly think that i was better than some of the players i paid to watch but i still loved watching city and the crack of following my local club. At the moment this is the best football team i have ever seen in a cardiff shirt by a country mile and it's a pleasure to go down and watch quality football. But i do wonder if others would rather us still be shit. We have had an unbelievable start to the season, comfortably brushing aside a team with some established premier league players, yet i can't help think that this message board would be far busier if we had lost 4-1. I do agree with what dave jones said this morning that no matter what he does he'll never please some people. C'mon lads give the guy a break, get behind him and enjoy watching quality players playing for the city. :ayatollah:

I can remember watching players thinking, 'they aren't really very good' then playing with/against them a few years later in Lazarou league games and thinking 'Christ they really AREN'T any good at all'. :lol:

Sun Aug 29, 2010 1:20 pm

thehumblegringo wrote:i've been a city fan since the days of chris pike, lee barnard, chris fry etc and have witnessed some absolute shite in my time following city. i honestly think that i was better than some of the players i paid to watch but i still loved watching city and the crack of following my local club. At the moment this is the best football team i have ever seen in a cardiff shirt by a country mile and it's a pleasure to go down and watch quality football. But i do wonder if others would rather us still be shit. We have had an unbelievable start to the season, comfortably brushing aside a team with some established premier league players, yet i can't help think that this message board would be far busier if we had lost 4-1. I do agree with what dave jones said this morning that no matter what he does he'll never please some people. C'mon lads give the guy a break, get behind him and enjoy watching quality players playing for the city. :ayatollah:

Perhaps the the messageboard is quiet today because it's a bank holiday weekend?? Perhaps it's because we had a great win yesterday and people had a long journey home?? Perhaps it's because we have nothing to complain about?????

The messageboard being quiet has nothing to do with people's support (or lack of) for Dave Jones. And how do you know that the members of this messageboard are not enjoying watching quality players playing for the city?? I certainly am!!

It's certainly not because we enjoy losing :roll:

Sun Aug 29, 2010 1:25 pm

Claire i have no doubt if we had been hammered yesterday this messageboard would have been rammed with people calling for dave jones head. if you cant see that some people are blinkered towards dave jones i honestly think ur deluded

Sun Aug 29, 2010 1:32 pm

thehumblegringo wrote:Claire i have no doubt if we had been hammered yesterday this messageboard would have been rammed with people calling for dave jones head. if you cant see that some people are blinkered towards dave jones i honestly think ur deluded

But we didn't lose :roll: so there is no reason to be calling for his head today!! But if that means I enjoy losing so I came come on here for a moan because everyone else would be on here then I think you must be deluded.

So, because SOME people on this messageboard don't like Dave Jones, it means that it should always be busy??

Your thread should have been titled about Dave Jones instead of accusing people on here of not enjoying a good win yesterday and enjoy losing :roll:

Sun Aug 29, 2010 1:38 pm

i always see things as i see it and i believe it to be the case that people's personal dislike of dave jones is nothing to do with his ability as a manager, he's certainly the best manager i've seen down cardiff.

Sun Aug 29, 2010 1:49 pm

thehumblegringo wrote:i always see things as i see it and i believe it to be the case that people's personal dislike of dave jones is nothing to do with his ability as a manager, he's certainly the best manager i've seen down cardiff.

Then start a support Dave Jones thread. I don't dislike Jones, but think he should have got us up last season, and certainly should have been in the play offs the season before.

If we had lost yesterday, then yes the messageboard may have been busier, because there would be something for the fans to complain about. But as I said earlier, it's a bank holiday weekend, people had a long day yesterday on the trip to Pompey, and there isn't actually anything to complain about. Some people do have better things to do with their Sundays too.

Please do not tar all members of this messageboard with the same brush. We are not all Dave Jones haters as you seem to think.

Sun Aug 29, 2010 2:00 pm

i never tarred every messageboard user with the same brush so that is a pathetic statement! Some people wouldn't have called for jones' head even we had lost 5-0 yesterday but as u know others would have!! :roll: there u are i can roll my eyes too! i'm obviously not saying that anyone goes to cheer on the opposition and if u interpreted my post as saying that ur very much mistaken, but i do think some people take big consolation in knowing that when we lose they can target our manager with unreasonable posts. I dont think we had any divine right to get promoted last year and as i've commented in previous posts i think jones done a grand job to get us anywhere near the play offs last year. Of course it was disappointng losing to blackpool but thats football. Liverpool lost to wimbledon in the cup final, does that make dalglish a shit manager? U could roll off countless shocks where the favourite loses but we came 4th in the league last year and that was unbelievable with the injuries and bull shit surrounding our club at the time

Sun Aug 29, 2010 2:21 pm

thehumblegringo wrote:i never tarred every messageboard user with the same brush so that is a pathetic statement! Some people wouldn't have called for jones' head even we had lost 5-0 yesterday but as u know others would have!! :roll: there u are i can roll my eyes too! i'm obviously not saying that anyone goes to cheer on the opposition and if u interpreted my post as saying that ur very much mistaken, but i do think some people take big consolation in knowing that when we lose they can target our manager with unreasonable posts. I dont think we had any divine right to get promoted last year and as i've commented in previous posts i think jones done a grand job to get us anywhere near the play offs last year. Of course it was disappointng losing to blackpool but thats football. Liverpool lost to wimbledon in the cup final, does that make dalglish a shit manager? U could roll off countless shocks where the favourite loses but we came 4th in the league last year and that was unbelievable with the injuries and bull shit surrounding our club at the time

So you didn't say:

thehumblegringo wrote:But i do wonder if others would rather us still be shit.

That implies that some on here would prefer us to lose!!!!

Well done on your ability to roll your eyes!! Quite an achievement :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

I do not think we had a divine right to get promoted last season, BUT it is my opinion that we should have got promotion and that we should have at least been in the play offs the season before.

As for my "pathetic statement", you have said that it is quiet on here today because we enjoy losing.

Sun Aug 29, 2010 2:26 pm

"others" doesn't mean everybody on the messageboard now does it!!

Sun Aug 29, 2010 2:31 pm

thehumblegringo wrote:"others" doesn't mean everybody on the messageboard now does it!!

Next time maybe you should start a thread that is titled what you are actually talking about in the thread?? And not accuse people of enjoying losing, and then you may get some decent replies?? That way there would be no confusion from us that are deluded!!

Popular thread you seem to have started!! Or maybe its because it's too quiet on here because all the Jones haters haven't got anything to complain about??? :roll:

Sun Aug 29, 2010 2:33 pm

I've been following this thread for the past Two hours and i've come to the conclusion that someone is talking a load of Bollocks :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sun Aug 29, 2010 7:41 pm

Well said mate.....Claire put your knickers on and get back in the kitchen.

Sun Aug 29, 2010 7:46 pm

ryanb wrote:Well said mate.....Claire put your knickers on and get back in the kitchen.
:lol: :lol: :lol: or come back to bed ;)

Sun Aug 29, 2010 7:46 pm

bluebirdbaz wrote:
ryanb wrote:Well said mate.....Claire put your knickers on and get back in the kitchen.
:lol: :lol: :lol: or come back to bed ;)
the pill is kicking in :lol: AGAIN :D :old:

Mon Aug 30, 2010 12:47 am

What an amazing contribution to the messageboard. Clearly can't contribute to the debate, so resort to the 'women should be in the kitchen' comments. Amazing :roll:

Mon Aug 30, 2010 12:59 am

scanning through this thread, its got on my tits :lol:

do we enjoy losing|???........... it ruins my weekend for a start. :twisted:

are people blinkered in ref. to dave jones??.......... its a messageboard people will have different opinions on everything from the manager to the weather.
personally i cant stand dave jones. has he made some good loan signings in last few weeks. jesus chrsit YES! incredable signings. has he come up short in the last 2 seasons, in my opinion yes.

if we dont get promoted this year with the squad we have, he will NOT go down as our greatest ever manager!

as for the whitty comment made about claire above, maybe a little bit more respect should be shown from someone new to the messageboard who has contributed 2 posts!!

Mon Aug 30, 2010 1:14 am

And why don't you go back to your cave, sit on your fat arse and scratch your balls you inbred tw*t.

Anyway back to the topic, personally I havnt posted on here much because the server changes messed up my access via my phone. There could be many reasons why people arnt on here. So stop trying to cause arguments and just enjoy follow the Bluebirds rather than sniping at fellow fans.

Just one question though, did you go to Pompey? :roll:

Mon Aug 30, 2010 1:15 am

milly44 wrote:scanning through this thread, its got on my tits :lol:

do we enjoy losing|???........... it ruins my weekend for a start. :twisted:

are people blinkered in ref. to dave jones??.......... its a messageboard people will have different opinions on everything from the manager to the weather.
personally i cant stand dave jones. has he made some good loan signings in last few weeks. jesus chrsit YES! incredable signings. has he come up short in the last 2 seasons, in my opinion yes.

if we dont get promoted this year with the squad we have, he will NOT go down as our greatest ever manager!

as for the whitty comment made about claire above, maybe a little bit more respect should be shown from someone new to the messageboard who has contributed 2 posts!!

Odds are it's the same dude...

Mon Aug 30, 2010 11:33 am

DAVEY JONES BARMY ARMY, DAVEY JONES BARMY ARMY.. love this bloke for what he has done since taking over,cant believe people wanted him out after blackpool game. no any other manager would even consider coming here with all of our money problems. i respect jones for sticking by us through this when he could have walked away at any time. look at the squad hes got at the moment and hasnt spent any penny fair play to the bloke i say

Mon Aug 30, 2010 3:37 pm

thehumblegringo wrote:i never tarred every messageboard user with the same brush so that is a pathetic statement! Some people wouldn't have called for jones' head even we had lost 5-0 yesterday but as u know others would have!! :roll: there u are i can roll my eyes too! i'm obviously not saying that anyone goes to cheer on the opposition and if u interpreted my post as saying that ur very much mistaken, but i do think some people take big consolation in knowing that when we lose they can target our manager with unreasonable posts. I dont think we had any divine right to get promoted last year and as i've commented in previous posts i think jones done a grand job to get us anywhere near the play offs last year. Of course it was disappointng losing to blackpool but thats football. Liverpool lost to wimbledon in the cup final, does that make dalglish a shit manager? U could roll off countless shocks where the favourite loses but we came 4th in the league last year and that was unbelievable with the injuries and bull shit surrounding our club at the time

Dalglish is a shite manager, what has he done in the last 10 years

Mon Aug 30, 2010 5:17 pm

Claire wrote:

Perhaps the the messageboard is quiet today because it's a bank holiday weekend?? Perhaps it's because we had a great win yesterday and people had a long journey home?? Perhaps it's because we have nothing to complain about?????

The messageboard being quiet has nothing to do with people's support (or lack of) for Dave Jones. And how do you know that the members of this messageboard are not enjoying watching quality players playing for the city?? I certainly am!!

It's certainly not because we enjoy losing :roll:

yeah I been away and lovely it was too :lol: gotta say well done Dave Jones all the backrom staff and players it's been an excellent start but dont get carried away. I will shout your name from the rooftops Mr. Jones if, and its a big if, we go up as champions.

Wed Sep 01, 2010 6:39 am

PhatFrog wrote:Odds are it's the same dude...

No it's not the same dude!!

milly44 wrote:So stop trying to cause arguments and just enjoy follow the Bluebirds rather than sniping at fellow fans.

this whole sniping nonsense has been debated many times on here before

milly44 wrote:Just one question though, did you go to Pompey?

yes i did go pompey and derby, does that make my point more acceptable!

CCFC_Forever wrote:Dalglish is a shite manager, what has he done in the last 10 years

hardly a fair comment considering he hasnt managed anyone, anyway that wasn't really my point, what i was trying to say is anyone can lose a one off game. Perhaps i should have used spain losing to switzerland as a better example

back to the point, perhaps the subject of the debate was a bit provocative but i do honestly believe that there would be more people on here waiting to complain if we had lost and i find that disappointing. Claire u say perhaps people have nothing to moan about, but that's exactly what i'm talking about. It seems like the culture of messageboards is to grump when their team loses but if has as been claimed players and staff of ccfc read this board, i believe we should all be queuing up to congratulate dave jones and the players on their start to the season. I honestly dont think we underacheived at all last year and i think this is an assumption of many of our fans. I think the best 2 teams with the most resources got automatic promotion and i think teams like boro, forest, qpr, to name a few were better equipped than us to join them. Like i've said, coming 4th last season was an amazing acheivement last year considering the injuries and shit dave jones had to put up with. This year he has assembled a team that looks ready for challenging for automatic promotion but if we fail i honestly don't believe that means dave jones is a shit manager. Though it looks like a fantastic squad i think we should remember that this squad has been assembled without spending a penny on transfer fees which highlights some incredible negotiating by jones and jenkins and i believe that most of the players that have arrived have come due to former links with dave jones. Having said all this, do i think dave jones is a perfect manager? no chance, i for one was tamping with the formation chosen in the swansea away game last year, also what he saw in kelvin etuhu i'll never know but i do think he's the best manager i've seen in my years following city, (phil neal, ashurst, cork, gould, burrows, osman etc) by a country mile and i honestly dont think we could attract a better manager than him, and as i've read in another post i agree that if dave jones left it might take us years to recover