Applause at 8pm

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Applause at 8pm

Postby Bebbsyboy » Thu Mar 26, 2020 7:04 pm

A round of applause for the Doctors,Nurses and all the emergency and key workers at 8pm tonight
Bebbsyboy

Applause at 8pm

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: Applause at 8pm

Postby TopCat CCFC » Thu Mar 26, 2020 7:14 pm

As NHS staff across the country care for those affected by Covid-19, tonight, we're being asked to thank them.

The event dubbed "Clap for our Carers" has seen a huge amount of support on social media and will see thousands of people taking a moment, opening their doors and windows to applaud NHS staff.
TopCat CCFC

Postby Forever Blue » Thu Mar 26, 2020 7:41 pm

Fantastic :thumbright:

We have done it now every night for 12 nights over here for our hospital staff, police , fire brigade , they really appreciate it and we will continue every Night till this is over :thumbright: :thumbright:
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Postby Isawgarystevensscoreagoal » Thu Mar 26, 2020 11:31 pm

Should happen every night here too.
Isawgarystevensscoreagoal

Postby bluesince62 » Fri Mar 27, 2020 12:21 am

Forever Blue wrote:Fantastic :thumbright:

We have done it now every night for 12 nights over here for our hospital staff, police , fire brigade , they really appreciate it and we will continue every Night till this is over :thumbright: :thumbright:

I must give credit where due Annis, this has been happening on Wynne Evans' show on radio wales for over a week,he dedicates a section to every essential worker, and myself and my wife have been smashing the pans every day with him!! Not many of my neighbours knew what was happening for the first 2 days :lol: now we all txt just before to remind one another,in case the radio isn't on.but will say the whole street was out tonight,was quite moving to see and here.I have posted leaflets today letting my immediate heigh ours know about the daily cheer/whistle /clap on radio wales,and hopefully it will catch on and escalate through word of mouth.so listen to Wynne Evans tomorrow,around 11.45 am fellow bluebirds and families,let's show how much we appreciate the sacrifice these heroes are making to protect us,by repeatedly observing that 1 minutes show of gratitude. STAY IN AND STAY SAFE EVERYONE,CHECK YOUR NEIGHBOURS ARE OK. :thumbup: :old: :bluebird:
bluesince62

Postby Forever Blue » Fri Mar 27, 2020 12:36 am

bluesince62 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:Fantastic :thumbright:

I must give credit where due Annis, this has been happening on Wynne Evans' show on radio wales for over a week,he dedicates a section to every essential worker, and myself and my wife have been smashing the pans every day with him!! Not many of my neighbours knew what was happening for the first 2 days :lol: now we all txt just before to remind one another,in case the radio isn't on.but will say the whole street was out tonight,was quite moving to see and here.I have posted leaflets today letting my immediate heigh ours know about the daily cheer/whistle /clap on radio wales,and hopefully it will catch on and escalate through word of mouth.so listen to Wynne Evans tomorrow,around 11.45 am fellow bluebirds and families,let's show how much we appreciate the sacrifice these heroes are making to protect us,by repeatedly observing that 1 minutes show of gratitude. STAY IN AND STAY SAFE EVERYONE,CHECK YOUR NEIGHBOURS ARE OK. :thumbup: :old: :bluebird:

Quality :thumbright: :thumbright:

Forever Blue
Admin

Postby bluesince62 » Fri Mar 27, 2020 12:50 am

These people are in perilous position Annis, they need to "feel the love" must be even scarier being on the front line eh? It's the duty of every citizen in the country imho.these morons who refuse to follow advice are just that,morons.but the pathetic response to these idiots is ludicrously lightweight,2 free hits,with paltry fines and then possible prosecution, f@cking barmy!! :old: :bluebird:
bluesince62

Postby bluesince62 » Fri Mar 27, 2020 12:51 am

These people are in perilous position Annis, they need to "feel the love" must be even scarier being on the front line eh? It's the duty of every citizen in the country imho.these morons who refuse to follow advice are just that,morons.but the pathetic response to these idiots is ludicrously lightweight,2 free hits,with paltry fines and then possible prosecution, f@cking barmy!! :old: :bluebird:
bluesince62

Postby Forever Blue » Fri Mar 27, 2020 9:43 am

bluesince62 wrote:These people are in perilous position Annis, they need to "feel the love" must be even scarier being on the front line eh? It's the duty of every citizen in the country imho.these morons who refuse to follow advice are just that,morons.but the pathetic response to these idiots is ludicrously lightweight,2 free hits,with paltry fines and then possible prosecution, f@cking barmy!! :old: :bluebird:

THE NHS & EVEN THE POLICE

Are both under a lot of stress and are working around the clock and totally deserve every applause the UK people can give them, but the biggest thing people really can do to help them is stay in doors .

Forever Blue
Admin

Postby bluebirdoct1962 » Fri Mar 27, 2020 10:39 am

Forever Blue wrote:
bluesince62 wrote:These people are in perilous position Annis, they need to "feel the love" must be even scarier being on the front line eh? It's the duty of every citizen in the country imho.these morons who refuse to follow advice are just that,morons.but the pathetic response to these idiots is ludicrously lightweight,2 free hits,with paltry fines and then possible prosecution, f@cking barmy!! :old: :bluebird:

Are both under a lot of stress and are working around the clock and totally deserve every applause the UK people can give them, but the biggest thing people really can do to help them is stay in doors .

I just went out to our refuse collectors and said “Boys I’m not going to clap you but I just wanted to say thank you for the work you’re doing’
After them laughing they all said thanks / thumbs up and it was great to see them smiling.
It all helps in I reckon
bluebirdoct1962

Postby Forever Blue » Fri Mar 27, 2020 12:53 pm

bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

I just went out to our refuse collectors and said “Boys I’m not going to clap you but I just wanted to say thank you for the work you’re doing’
After them laughing they all said thanks / thumbs up and it was great to see them smiling.
It all helps in I reckon

Thats the spirit :thumbright:

I just walked to the local supermarket to get milk etc

No more than 4 people on our streets .

Many many apartments I walked past have Spanish flags flying, very very proud nation :thumbright:

Forever Blue
Admin

Postby TopCat CCFC » Thu Apr 02, 2020 9:05 am

Same time tonight .....

Second UK-wide clap for carers planned for tonight

People are preparing to take part in the second UK-wide clap for carers tonight.

Last Thursday at 20:00, millions of people took to their doorsteps to salute NHS and care workers dealing with the coronavirus pandemic.

Ruth Raha from Bridgend will be clapping for her husband, a consultant at the Princess of Wales Hospital and took past in last week’s clap.

She told BBC Radio Wales Breakfast with Claire Summers: “The wonderful thing about it was we could hear people from other parts of the estate, so it was very emotional."
TopCat CCFC

Postby Bluebina » Thu Apr 02, 2020 10:05 am

Bebbsyboy wrote:A round of applause for the Doctors,Nurses and all the emergency and key workers at 8pm tonight

It was excellent last week, I'm sure this week it will grow and be even better :thumbup:
Bluebina

Postby bluesince62 » Thu Apr 02, 2020 11:21 pm

TopCat CCFC wrote:Same time tonight .....

Second UK-wide clap for carers planned for tonight

People are preparing to take part in the second UK-wide clap for carers tonight.

Last Thursday at 20:00, millions of people took to their doorsteps to salute NHS and care workers dealing with the coronavirus pandemic.

Ruth Raha from Bridgend will be clapping for her husband, a consultant at the Princess of Wales Hospital and took past in last week’s clap.

She told BBC Radio Wales Breakfast with Claire Summers: “The wonderful thing about it was we could hear people from other parts of the estate, so it was very emotional."

Myself and my wife applaud every day with radio wales,on Wynne evans s slot at midday every day,at 11.45 am he reads a roll call of shout out, then at midday we bang the saucepans/clap/cheer,he does it for ALL the people who are heroes for helping us get through this,including of course the NHS and all emergency services,come on boys,if you know someone like this, get them a shout out on the daily roll call.or make them hero of the day,when he calls that person,and catches them by surprise..
bluesince62

Postby TopCat CCFC » Thu Apr 09, 2020 2:58 pm

Same Time Tonight :thumbup:
TopCat CCFC

Postby TopCat CCFC » Thu Apr 09, 2020 6:14 pm

UK gets ready to applaud key workers

It's getting towards that time again. In just under an hour the British public will join in a round of applause for NHS staff, teachers, bus drivers, waste collectors and many other essential workers.

The first nationwide applause - known as Clap For Carers - began a fortnight ago after being kick-started by Dutch-born Londoner Annemarie Plas.

And after "incredible" responses so far, the organisers have said they want to make it a weekly event - every Thursday at 20:00 BST.
TopCat CCFC

Postby TopCat CCFC » Thu Apr 16, 2020 6:33 pm

Coronavirus: Clap for our carers as UK to unite for fourth week to thank health workers

The latest COVID-19 developments as the government officially announces a three-week extension to the lockdown.
TopCat CCFC

Postby TopCat CCFC » Thu Apr 16, 2020 9:06 pm

Boris Johnson claps for carers at Chequers

Boris Johnson has taken part in this evening's clap for carers whilst he recovers from coronavirus at Chequers, Downing Street says.

The prime minister is currently recuperating at his official country residence after being discharged from hospital over the weekend.

A No 10 spokesman said he wanted to "say thank you for the incredible efforts of the country’s doctors, nurses and care workers".
TopCat CCFC

Return to General Chat