Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: UPDATED DAILY : UK CORONAVIRUS - UPDATED 15/04/20

Wed Apr 15, 2020 6:05 pm

Number of cases and deaths

As of 9am on 15 April, 398,916 tests have concluded, with 15,994 tests carried out on 14 April.

313,769 people have been tested, of whom 98,476 tested positive.

As of 5pm on 14 April, of those hospitalised in the UK who tested positive for coronavirus, 12,868 have died.

Re: UPDATED DAILY : UK CORONAVIRUS - UPDATED 15/04/20

Wed Apr 15, 2020 10:27 pm

Coronavirus: Wednesday's key UK updates

UK coronavirus stories that you might have missed:

Hospitals and care homes to allow goodbyes: Close family members will be given the "chance to say goodbye" to loved ones dying with coronavirus "wherever possible" under new coronavirus guidelines, Health Secretary Matt Hancock has said.

Anti-social behaviour on the rise: Police say there have been 178,000 incidents of anti-social behaviour across England and Wales in the last four weeks - a rise of 59% on last year - with the increase likely linked to breaches of lockdown measures.

'You clap for me' film celebrates ethnic minority workers: A film which celebrates black, Asian and ethnic minority key workers helping to tackle the coronavirus pandemic has gone viral.

Romanian workers set to arrive in UK: A farming group has chartered a plane to fly in staff from Romania so the European workers can help train its seasonal UK workforce. Grower G's Fresh has recruited 180 skilled workers who will land on Thursday.

'Oldest' coronavirus patient, 106, leaves hospital: Retired shopworker Connie Titchen, a 106-year-old great-grandmother, thought to be Britain's oldest patient to recover from coronavirus, was applauded by staff as she left Birmingham's City Hospital on Tuesday after three weeks in hospital.

Re: UPDATED DAILY : UK CORONAVIRUS - UPDATED 16/04/20

Thu Apr 16, 2020 9:19 am

Good Morning ALL - Let's start the day with 1 of the best stories to come out of this Coronavirus Updates -

WW2 veteran, 99, completes 100th lap

A 99-year-old World War Two veteran who is walking 100 laps of his garden before he turns 100 has now raised £12m for the NHS.

Captain Tom Moore originally wanted to raise £1,000 for NHS Charities Together by completing the distance.

But he has hit 12,000 times his initial target, thanks to donations from more than 600,000 people online.

Captain Moore, who relies on a walking frame, aims to complete his 100th lap at about 08:30 BST this morning, live on our Breakfast programme on BBC One.

"It's a lovely morning. I feel fine. Being in the army, we are used to getting up early," said the World War Two veteran, who turns 100 later this month.

"We started this off as a family joke. I had a broken hip and skin cancer on my head - the service I've had from the National Health Service was absolutely marvellous.

"It's an absolutely fantastic sum of money. It's unbelievable that people are so kind."

Thu Apr 16, 2020 9:46 am

TopCat CCFC wrote:Good Morning ALL - Let's start the day with 1 of the best stories to come out of this Coronavirus Updates -

WW2 veteran, 99, completes 100th lap

A 99-year-old World War Two veteran who is walking 100 laps of his garden before he turns 100 has now raised £12m for the NHS.

Captain Tom Moore originally wanted to raise £1,000 for NHS Charities Together by completing the distance.

But he has hit 12,000 times his initial target, thanks to donations from more than 600,000 people online.

Captain Moore, who relies on a walking frame, aims to complete his 100th lap at about 08:30 BST this morning, live on our Breakfast programme on BBC One.

"It's a lovely morning. I feel fine. Being in the army, we are used to getting up early," said the World War Two veteran, who turns 100 later this month.

"We started this off as a family joke. I had a broken hip and skin cancer on my head - the service I've had from the National Health Service was absolutely marvellous.

"It's an absolutely fantastic sum of money. It's unbelievable that people are so kind."

:thumbright: :thumbright: :thumbright:

Thu Apr 16, 2020 1:10 pm

Scotland confirms 80 more virus deaths

Scotland's First Minister, Nicola Sturgeon, has just confirmed 80 more people have died from coronavirus in the country.

The latest 24-hour figure brings the total number of deaths in Scotland to 779.

At a "virtual" First Minister's Questions held online, Ms Sturgeon said the lockdown was still "having a positive effect”, as Scottish health authorities were not seeing “sustained increases in the number of people in hospital”.

BREAKING

Another 32 dead in Wales from Covid-19

Another 32 people in Wales have died after testing positive for coronavirus, taking the total number to 495, Public Health Wales (PHW) has said.

Thu Apr 16, 2020 3:07 pm

UK death toll today 861 :cry:

Total Now 13,729 :cry:

Thu Apr 16, 2020 4:14 pm

BREAKING

UK lockdown measures extended

The UK's coronavirus lockdown measures will be extended for at least three more weeks, First Secretary of State Dominic Raab has announced.

BREAKING

Lockdown in Wales extended by three weeks

The lockdown in Wales has been extended by three weeks, First Minister Mark Drakeford has confirmed.

Mr Drakeford said it was "still too early to change course".

It follows a meeting with ministers from the other three nations - similar measures are expected across the UK.

The Welsh Government had already announced the lockdown would be extended - but not the duration - last week.

Thu Apr 16, 2020 10:17 pm

As of 9am on 16 April,417,649 tests have concluded, with 18,665 tests carried out on 15 April.

327,608 people have been tested, of whom 103,093 tested positive.

As of 5pm on 15 April, of those hospitalised in the UK who tested positive for coronavirus, 13,729 have died.

Thu Apr 16, 2020 10:53 pm

TopCat CCFC wrote:Number of cases and deaths

As of 9am on 16 April,417,649 tests have concluded, with 18,665 tests carried out on 15 April.

327,608 people have been tested, of whom 103,093 tested positive.

As of 5pm on 15 April, of those hospitalised in the UK who tested positive for coronavirus, 13,729 have died.

These figures are confusing people,yes they had tested positive,but are registered as such,how many deaths are of covid 19 solely? In Italy only 12%,have it on their death certificate,that covid 19 was the cause of death,the rest (88%) had only tested positive for it,but it hasn't been recorded as the actual cause of death,mostly underlying serious condition/s were the reason listed.whilst I am not saying by any stretch that this isn't a very serious virus in fact I have adhered to the advice given by government,I'm really hoping that certain countries relaxing their lockdowns doesn't come back and bite them on their arses,I fear countries like Germany, are getting ahead of themselves,their deaths are still rising, yet the leader decides to push ahead with lifting restrictions! My fear is come winter,we in Europe could suffer a more deadly return of the virus,due to not giving enough time to make sure it's on the decline? I have noticed here on the news bulletins, that they use the phrase"died WITH covid 19" more than they say "of covid 19" we have roughly 14000 deaths in the UK, within the normal? Flu season,every year,and the figures are slightly higher no doubt,to me that says the virus is taking patients that were likely to die soon,of other serious illness's a bit sooner than maybe expected,I'm no scientist so couldn't say for sure that is the case,but it's what I tend to believe,with the odd case of someone who was otherwise healthy hitting the headlines,my heart bleeds for anyone who has suffered at the hands of covid,it must be awful. :sad7: :old: :bluebird:

Re: UPDATED DAILY : UK CORONAVIRUS - UPDATED 17/04/20

Fri Apr 17, 2020 10:17 am

The above figs are from the GOV. Website which we are all lead to believe to be spot on - but the bigger picture is wrong .
As i said 3 weeks ago these figs are just hospitals - with home deaths added later ( or when they feel like it !! ).

China and Germany - i would not believe their figs as proved today by China and Germany - i will keep for another day .
Here is the latest Update from half an hour ago - From Matt Hancock - About reporting deaths ....

Why is there a lag in reporting deaths?

Health Secretary Matt Hancock addresses the issue of deaths being reported long after they actually happened.

He says there have been efforts to bring data up to speed, knowing it was taking two weeks to get ONS data at the start of the epidemic.

The lag is now five days, he says.

But there is still confusion because hospital deaths are reported before deaths in the community, as in care homes.

It may be that we can only see the true numbers of people who died each day by looking back at the end of this pandemic.

Fri Apr 17, 2020 1:29 pm

UPDATED: FRIDAY 17TH APRIL 2020

Britain's coronavirus daily death toll dips slightly to 847 with total number of victims now 14,576 as leading expert warns UK could suffer 40,000 deaths in first wave of outbreak

Professor Anthony Costello blasted the Government's handling of the crisis

Fri Apr 17, 2020 2:27 pm

Some positive news on Wales On Line and just a little bit of hope. Maybe those giving the Assembly a slagging might have to re-consider !!

Let’s hope we really have got it right but a long way to go before we start celebrating.

Live coronavirus updates: Wales planning for 'coordinated' easing of lockdown as hospital admission numbers continue to drop

Fri Apr 17, 2020 4:09 pm

UK government furlough scheme extended until June

The government payment scheme for furloughed workers has been extended into June.

More than nine million workers are expected to be furloughed, or put on state-paid leave, under the government's job retention scheme.

Chancellor Rishi Sunak has confirmed the wage subsidy will continue for another month.

He added it could be extended further "if necessary".

"With the extension of the coronavirus lockdown measures yesterday, it is the right decision to extend the furlough scheme for a month to the end of June to provide clarity," Sunak said.

Fri Apr 17, 2020 8:31 pm

As of 9am on 17 April, 438,991 tests have concluded, with 21,328 tests carried out on 16 April.

341,551 people have been tested, of whom 108,692 tested positive.

As of 5pm on 16 April, of those hospitalised in the UK who tested positive for coronavirus, 14,576 have died.

Fri Apr 17, 2020 11:38 pm

As of 9am on 17 April, 438,991 tests have concluded, with 21,328 tests carried out on 16 April.

As of 5pm on 16 April, of those hospitalised in the UK who tested positive for coronavirus, 14,576 have died.

Plus 7500 died in care homes. What a f*cking scandal.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/

Sat Apr 18, 2020 10:54 am

stickywicket wrote:

Plus 7500 died in care homes. What a f*cking scandal.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/

Agree with you mate - France : Italy : Spain all have the Care Home and Home figs in their list of people who have sadly lost their lives.

Sat Apr 18, 2020 1:21 pm

Breaking: The UK's death toll rises to 888

The UKs death toll has risen by 888 in 24 hours to 15,464, according to figures just released by the Department of Health and Social Care.

28 more deaths in Wales

Twenty-eight more people who tested positive for coronavirus have died, taking Wales' total to 534, according to Public Health Wales.

Re: UPDATED DAILY : UK CORONAVIRUS - UPDATED 18/04/20

Sat Apr 18, 2020 4:10 pm

Captain Tom duets on charity single

Captain Tom Moore has teamed up with actor-singer Michael Ball for a cover of You'll Never Walk Alone in a bid to raise more money for the Britain's National Health Service.

The 99-year-old war veteran set out to raise £1,000 for NHS Charities Together by walking 100 laps of his garden before his 100th birthday.

He finished the walk on Thursday, with the total now standing at more than £22m.

Queen cancels gun salutes for 94th birthday

There will be no gun salutes to mark the Queen's 94th birthday on Tuesday because of the coronavirus outbreak.

A Buckingham Palace official said the monarch had decided it would not be appropriate at this time.

It is believed to be the first time in her 68-year reign that there will be no such salute, which usually take place at Hyde Park and the Tower of London.

The Trooping the Colour parade in June to mark the Queen's official birthday has already been cancelled.

Sat Apr 18, 2020 5:09 pm

Tony,

I started from Day 1 of each country´s lockdown.

Trends are similar up to a few days ago but worryingly for the UK they are not following the downward trend of Spain and are actually going up.

This is probably why they are forecasting more deaths for UK than here
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sat Apr 18, 2020 9:38 pm

Annis - if i can add FRANCE : ITALY with SPAIN At the time line above this might show how serious this is getting -

Deaths from the UK & ITALY Are the same with SPAIN and FRANCE around 2,000 - 3,000 more deaths .

If we were to add on the Home and Home Care deaths then the UK would have more deaths in Europe at this point .
All 3 FRANCE : ITALY : SPAIN Have shown Home + Care deaths in their results - the UK say it takes 5 days later to be added .

The only defence for anyone to avoid the truth is the population of each country - and we have all had different lockdowns.

If people don't listen to the guide lines this could get worse - AS positive tests have been over 55,000 for the last 11 days .

Sat Apr 18, 2020 9:52 pm

TopCat CCFC wrote:Annis - if i can add FRANCE : ITALY with SPAIN At the time line above this might show how serious this is getting -

Deaths from the UK & ITALY Are the same with SPAIN and FRANCE around 2,000 - 3,000 more deaths .

If we were to add on the Home and Home Care deaths then the UK would have more deaths in Europe at this point .
All 3 FRANCE : ITALY : SPAIN Have shown Home + Care deaths in their results - the UK say it takes 5 days later to be added .

The only defence for anyone to avoid the truth is the population of each country - and we have all had different lockdowns.

If people don't listen to the guide lines this could get worse - AS positive tests have been over 55,000 for the last 11 days .

Spot on Tony,

Same old twisting things instead of seeming the truth and admitting UK has gone about it wrongly .

I will add your comments above in other topic.

Sat Apr 18, 2020 10:32 pm

As of 9am 18 April, 460,437 tests have concluded, with 21,389 tests on 17 April.

357,023 people have been tested of which 114,217 tested positive.

As of 5pm on 17 April, of those hospitalised in the UK who tested positive for coronavirus, 15,464 have sadly died.

Sun Apr 19, 2020 12:20 am

Sky New

Sunday 19th April 2020

7,500 deaths in care homes in England alone not included in UK Death Toll so far .
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sun Apr 19, 2020 1:06 pm

BREAKING

41 more deaths in Wales

Forty one more people who tested positive for coronavirus have died, taking Wales' total to 575.

The daily figure announced by Public Health Wales includes deaths in hospitals and may also include some deaths recorded in community settings like care homes.

An additional 334 people have test positive for coronanvirus, taking the total number of confirmed cases to 7,270, although the true figure is expected to be higher because not everyone is tested.

Sun Apr 19, 2020 2:20 pm

BREAKING: UK death toll passes 16,000

The number of people who have died in hospital from the coronavirus has reached 16,060, the Department for Health and Social Care has announced.

This is an increase of 596.

Re: UPDATED DAILY : UK CORONAVIRUS - UPDATED 19/04/20

Sun Apr 19, 2020 6:28 pm

As of 9am 19 April, 482,063 tests have concluded, with 21,626 tests on 18 April.

372,967 people have been tested of which 120,067 tested positive.

As of 5pm on 18 April, of those hospitalised in the UK who tested positive for coronavirus, 16,060 have sadly died.

Sun Apr 19, 2020 9:54 pm

Here are the five points - first announced by Dominic Raab this week:

Protect the NHS's ability to cope and be confident that the NHS is able to provide sufficient critical care across the UK.

See a sustained and consistent fall in daily death rates to be confident the UK is beyond the peak.

Reliable data from Sage showing rate of infection is decreasing to manageable levels across the board.

Confident that testing capacity and PPE are in hand with supply able to meet future demand.

Confident that any adjustments to the current measures would not risk a second peak in infections which would overwhelm the NHS.

Sun Apr 19, 2020 10:34 pm

This is not a third world country.For f**k sake.
I heard today the U.K government let PPE STOCK run down before the virus.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... ts-80.html

Mon Apr 20, 2020 7:46 am

Piers Morgan asking the questions again
Govt mismanaged this on a massive scale

Re: UPDATED DAILY : UK CORONAVIRUS - UPDATED 20/04/20

Mon Apr 20, 2020 9:25 am

Matt Hancock Health Secretary admits UK currently let’s in 105,000 people in to the UK by planes, with No checks at all :shock: