UPDATED DAILY : UK CORONAVIRUS - UPDATED 29/10/22

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: UPDATED DAILY : UK CORONAVIRUS - UPDATED 18/11/21

Postby TheHangedMan » Thu Nov 18, 2021 1:53 am

TopCat CCFC wrote:Covid passes may be used to keep pubs open at Christmas -

Covid passes may be used over Christmas in order to keep pubs and restaurants open, the Welsh government has said.

But First Minister Mark Drakeford said no decision would be made on introducing the pass to the hospitality sector until early December.

Mr Drakeford made the comments as he unveiled the latest 21-day review of Covid regulations.

He said there would be no rule changes in the next three weeks, following the latest review on Thursday.

Mr Drakeford said the government would be "keeping the option of extending the use of the Covid pass" to the hospitality sector, if case rates climbed and pandemic pressures on the NHS increased.

"We will continue to monitor the public health situation and we will work with the hospitality sector as we prepare for Christmas," he added.

Be scared, be very scared.......and then double down on the scaredness!

For the record I have four close family members (siblings and their kin) who have been diagnosed with Covid in the last 72 hours, 3 double jabbed, one with a booster jab. The surprise was that the nephew who decided not to take the jab is fine!

My point is that the sooner we realise that this is a VIRUS, which cannot be stopped, the sooner we get back to normality and freedom. :bluebird:
Not a shred of evidence exists in favour of the idea that life is serious........
TheHangedMan

Re: UPDATED DAILY : UK CORONAVIRUS - UPDATED 18/11/21

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: UPDATED DAILY : UK CORONAVIRUS - UPDATED 20/11/21

Postby TopCat CCFC » Sat Nov 20, 2021 12:13 am

Covid passes: Swansea cinema told to close for defying law -

A cinema has been told to shut down after the owner defied the law and refused to ask for Covid passes.

Earlier this week, Anna Redfern, owner of Cinema & Co in Swansea, said she would not be complying with the Welsh government rules.

Ms Redfern confirmed to the BBC she had been told to close by Swansea council, but would not comment further.

Swansea Council said it was "considering further steps" after Cinema & Co remained open on Friday.

The council confirmed the closure notice can remain in place for up to 28 days.

Nearly 3,000 people have now raised £44,000 in support of her "standing by the right to free choice".
TopCat CCFC

Re: UPDATED DAILY : UK CORONAVIRUS - UPDATED 21/11/21

Postby ealing_ayatollah » Mon Nov 22, 2021 1:06 am

A bit of food for thought for those that like to follow the science and data...

Claim: "You need to have the vaccine to protect others in society. Those who don't take the vaccine are selfish and dangerous."

Reality: "Vaccination reduces the risk of delta variant infection and accelerates viral clearance. Nonetheless, fully vaccinated individuals with breakthrough infections have peak viral load similar to unvaccinated cases and can efficiently transmit infection in household settings, including to fully vaccinated contacts. Host–virus interactions early in infection may shape the entire viral trajectory."

Indeed, it appears that the peak viral load of double vaccinated and unvaccinated are similar enough that it makes no difference at all - you get the virus you can still pass it on. With that in mind, the selfish "granny-killer" meme falls apart entirely.

I'll just steelman my own argument here as well by pointing out that some earlier studies showed vaccines to reduce transmission within the home by 50 odd per cent. However, that was of a very small sample set (less than 60) compared to this later study quoted and linked below which ran for a greater period of time across a much wider response set.

Source:
Lancet, Community transmission and viral load kinetics of the SARS-CoV-2 delta (B.1.617.2) variant in vaccinated and unvaccinated individuals in the UK: a prospective, longitudinal, cohort study, October 29/10/21
https://www.thelancet.com/journals/lani ... 73-3099(21)00648-4/fulltext

Note - because of the brackets the link won't work in here but if you want to find the study just copy and paste the URL into your browser.

Claim: "You need to have the vaccine to protect the NHS"

Reality: Covid hospitalisations across the UK are currently 52% of what they were in 2020 at the same time of year. (Nov 17th 2020 16,528 Nov 17th 2021 8,531) (1)

In November 2020 in Wales, 17% of all hospitalisations were covid related (including suspected and confirmed). In November A&E daily admissions in Wales was 1000 less than the rolling 5-year average. (Probably due to the pubs being shut!). (2)

The NHS is of course to be protected (and as always I salute and thank all frontline staff) but the half a billion wasted on Nightingale hospitals that had all of 304 patients in England suggests that the situation was never as grave as it was presented. For reference, the cost per patient of English Nightingale hospitals was £1,743,421. (Welsh data wasn't available). (3)

As I say the NHS is under strain but it has been for years Before the-19 pandemic there was widespread evidence of a growing shortage of beds. In 2019/20, overnight general and acute bed occupancy averaged 90.2 per cent and regularly exceeded 95 per cent in winter. (4)

Finally, if we look at COVID cases taken to emergency care and filter by vaccination status that results in an overnight stay in hospital, 4773 were unvaccinated, while 6233 were double vaccinated. This data is of course skewed by the fact that we have a high % of the population that is vaccinated. However, statistically, 55% of all overnight stays in hospitals related to COVID are double vaccinated compared to 42% who are completely unvaccinated. (total number of hospitalisations in the three week period between 17th October and 8th November including those with single-dose vaccinations was 11,333). (5)

Given that we are at about half the total hospitalisations year on year, and that last year COVID accounted for 17% of hospitalisation in this period, we could assess that the percentage of hospitalisations in 2021 that are covid related would be about 8.5% and the unvaccinated would account for about two-fifths of that number so we are looking at about unvaccinated COVID related hospitalisations being about 3 or 4% of the total hospitalisations in Wales currently.

Sources:
(1) https://www.google.com/search?q=covid+h ... e&ie=UTF-8
(2) https://gov.wales/nhs-activity-and-capa ... -2020-html
(3) https://www.kingsfund.org.uk/blog/2021/ ... orth-money
(4) https://www.kingsfund.org.uk/publicatio ... ed-numbers
(5) https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... eek-46.pdf

Claim: "You're putting your life at risk if you don't take the vaccine"

Reality: Maybe, but probably not.

Despite all the hyperbole and constant media bombardment of the last two years, the statistics remain fairly the same. What is interesting is the data on IFR (infection fatality rate) that used to be fairly easy to find is now a lot, harder. It also used to be generally broken down by age as well. An earlier study by Springer indicated that the IFR in England for my age range would be 0.068) (1)

But admittedly it is hard to find a similar study now for whatever reason although I recall seeing 0.03 in a paper not too long ago but couldn't find it at the time of writing this so will disregard that number.

However, using more crude statistics to take a rolling weekly average from last week of the total population of UK across all age groups that had sadly died of COVID (136) and all those who had been infected in the same period (36,884) we can work out a total IFR in the country for the UK which would be 0.36% (2)

Considering this takes into account the deaths of those aged over 80 who are significantly more vulnerable, and also doesn't factor in those who are asymptomatic so not revealed as infected we can assume that this is a maximum IFR currently.

Given that we have already countered the argument that vaccination prevents transmission and the unvaccinated are a greater burden on the NHS than the vaccinated, the choice to remain vaccinated comes back to the individual and a survival rate of 99.64% is one that many might take over taking what is, despite all arguments to the contrary, still an untested new medical procedure in the case of mRNA vaccines.

Sources:
(1) https://link.springer.com/article/10.10 ... 1/tables/3
(2) https://coronavirus.data.gov.uk/details/

Claim: "Herd immunity can't be achieved"

Reality: Just a quick one here.

At the beginning of the pandemic, it was stated that the magic number for herd immunity would be 67%. That quickly got adjusted upwards in various corners of the world. In particular, Dr. Fauci in the US gave an interview in which he hedged the numbers in the vaguest way possible stating that somewhere between 70 and 90% of a population would need antibodies to achieve herd immunity. (1)

Good news Doc - here in the UK we just hit 92% of the population having antibodies to SARS COV-2 (COVID19) (2).

Herd immunity doesn't really mean that much given the evolving nature of the variants (a bit like the vaccine efficacy I guess) but it certainly would play a massive part in the virus' natural evolution to something much more benign as we learn to live with it and it learns to live with us.

Before COVID the theory of benign viral evolution (evolutionary trade-off) which asserts that viruses will naturally evolve across variants to become more transmissible and less virulent in order for them to have the greatest chance of ongoing replication, was a fairly widespread and accepted belief. (3)

Indeed, the fact that the more transmissible but less virulent Delta (India) variant is now quite widely established as the dominant versus the Alpha (UK) Beta (South Africa) and Gamma (Brazil) variants, which were statistically more virulent but less transmissible, does seem to align with that theory. (4)

Source:
(1) https://www.nytimes.com/2020/12/24/heal ... virus.html
(2) https://www.ons.gov.uk/peoplepopulation ... antibodies
(3) https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Evolutionary_trade_off
(4) https://www.hindustantimes.com/world-ne ... 56266.html
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC8342008/

Given all of the above, the fact that Austria and Germany have just announced mandatory vaccination programs starting in February is perhaps the greatest single threat to liberty within Europe since the 1930s and anyone who doesn't see just how close we are getting to a very, very frightening dystopian future right now, really should start paying attention.

I've said all along, if people want to get the vaccine then that is their choice as long as we don't end up in a world of mandated medical procedures.

Well, while we are not quite there and with any luck, these decisions may be reversed, we've just arrived at the last pit stop before we do arrive and the decisions made to get here now have very, very little to do with the actual science.

If they did, they would be open to debate, discussion in the public eye as all good science should be - not the tyrannical authoritarian diktats we are seeing that are nothing more than modern medical Lysenkoism.
I'm just a wine drinking monkey that has a penchant for fine bannanas. You can check out my human alter-ego singing and speaking nonsense on the you tube if you like @ https://www.youtube.com/user/sibaronimusic
ealing_ayatollah

Re: UPDATED DAILY : UK CORONAVIRUS - UPDATED 23/11/21

Postby TopCat CCFC » Tue Nov 23, 2021 12:02 am

Another 45 COVID deaths and 44,917 cases recorded in UK -

The UK has reported another 45 COVID-19 deaths and 44,917 cases in the latest 24-hour period.

This compares with 47 deaths and 39,705 cases this time last week.

The newest data shows 237,995 Britons have received their booster jab, taking the total to 15,331,311.

Meanwhile, 16,424 people had their first dose of a vaccine and 13,892 had their second dose.

The total number of people who are now double-jabbed stands at 46,168,300.
TopCat CCFC

Postby maccydee » Tue Nov 23, 2021 1:44 am

Ealing you do realise a lot of what you write is advocating vaccine uptake. Is that your intention?
maccydee

Postby ealing_ayatollah » Tue Nov 23, 2021 9:25 am

maccydee wrote:Ealing you do realise a lot of what you write is advocating vaccine uptake. Is that your intention?

My position has and always will be people need to make their own choice based on the available data and weigh that up for themselves as to what is right for them. Where I have always drawn the line is on mandatory vaccination - which I have been vocal against from the beginning. Sadly, those fears are now begining to be closer to being realised with the news out of Germany and Austria while the news out of Australia terrifies me if I'm honest.

If someone sees the data presented as supporting the case for vaccination great, to me that suggests that I've been able to remove my bias in the way the information is presented and offer the information in a manner that allows people to see the data without editorialisation and make an informed choice for themselves.

To be honest, I write as much for myself to go through that process as anything else as sadly I dont feel I can trust the media to that job anymore.

Case in point the article from the mail you shared earlier in the month that was a gross manipulation of the data (even debunked later in the same article) and only uses one data source and then twitter.

That is not credible reporting and the headline is shameless sensationalism.Yet sadly in this age, the headline is often the only part of an article people will read and such articles get widely shared.

I'd rather use multiple credible sources, try and lay out the facts in a non- partisan way as much as possible and let people come to their own conclusions.

To be honest I don't think there is much swaying people in either camp at this point mind in terms of whether to take the vaccination or not. I honestly think most have decided one way or another.

Where I do think there is an important discussion to be had still is with regards to mandatory vaccination.

Many who have had the vaccination have remained of the mind set that it should be down to personal choice which is great, however there are more than enough who state the vaccines should be mandatory and the reasons often put forward for this are largely built on the false assertions that the unvaccinated are either more likely to transmit the virus or that they will overburden the NHS.

The data presented in my previous post suggest both of these premises are either entirely false or at best still uncertain and that at the very least to me indicates there needs to be more open discussion and closer reflection on what would be a gross violation of what we all accepted as a universal human right to bodily automomy only a couple of years ago.

Sadly, we are not seeing that in Germany, Australia and Austria at the moment and I fear what comes next here and elsewhere.
I'm just a wine drinking monkey that has a penchant for fine bannanas. You can check out my human alter-ego singing and speaking nonsense on the you tube if you like @ https://www.youtube.com/user/sibaronimusic
ealing_ayatollah

Postby maccydee » Tue Nov 23, 2021 10:53 am

ealing_ayatollah wrote:
maccydee wrote:Ealing you do realise a lot of what you write is advocating vaccine uptake. Is that your intention?

My position has and always will be people need to make their own choice based on the available data and weigh that up for themselves as to what is right for them. Where I have always drawn the line is on mandatory vaccination - which I have been vocal against from the beginning. Sadly, those fears are now begining to be closer to being realised with the news out of Germany and Austria while the news out of Australia terrifies me if I'm honest.

If someone sees the data presented as supporting the case for vaccination great, to me that suggests that I've been able to remove my bias in the way the information is presented and offer the information in a manner that allows people to see the data without editorialisation and make an informed choice for themselves.

To be honest, I write as much for myself to go through that process as anything else as sadly I dont feel I can trust the media to that job anymore.

Case in point the article from the mail you shared earlier in the month that was a gross manipulation of the data (even debunked later in the same article) and only uses one data source and then twitter.

That is not credible reporting and the headline is shameless sensationalism.Yet sadly in this age, the headline is often the only part of an article people will read and such articles get widely shared.

I'd rather use multiple credible sources, try and lay out the facts in a non- partisan way as much as possible and let people come to their own conclusions.

To be honest I don't think there is much swaying people in either camp at this point mind in terms of whether to take the vaccination or not. I honestly think most have decided one way or another.

Where I do think there is an important discussion to be had still is with regards to mandatory vaccination.

Many who have had the vaccination have remained of the mind set that it should be down to personal choice which is great, however there are more than enough who state the vaccines should be mandatory and the reasons often put forward for this are largely built on the false assertions that the unvaccinated are either more likely to transmit the virus or that they will overburden the NHS.

The data presented in my previous post suggest both of these premises are either entirely false or at best still uncertain and that at the very least to me indicates there needs to be more open discussion and closer reflection on what would be a gross violation of what we all accepted as a universal human right to bodily automomy only a couple of years ago.

Sadly, we are not seeing that in Germany, Australia and Austria at the moment and I fear what comes next here and elsewhere.

Low vaccination rates (and infection rates) are causing these issues in the European countries you mentioned.

I’m a firm believer in it being someone’s choice if they have a vaccination. I vaccinate people and even at the last moment ask them if they are happy to be vaccinated. However I am also strongly of the mindset that vaccination is the way out of this. As a country we are doing better as we have more people with more antibodies and part of that was July 19 freedom day. The numbers are comparable to last year but hospitalisations and deaths and nowhere near. That, to me, shows that vaccinations are working very well. Of course our amazing Doctors and Nurses now know how to deal with Covid better but still those without vaccinations become more ill in many cases.

Your posts are very well researched and fascinating to read. Thankfully I don’t think we will ever have the push for mandatory vaccinations in this country.
maccydee

Postby ealing_ayatollah » Tue Nov 23, 2021 11:57 am

maccydee wrote:
ealing_ayatollah wrote:

Low vaccination rates (and infection rates) are causing these issues in the European countries you mentioned.

I’m a firm believer in it being someone’s choice if they have a vaccination. I vaccinate people and even at the last moment ask them if they are happy to be vaccinated. However I am also strongly of the mindset that vaccination is the way out of this. As a country we are doing better as we have more people with more antibodies and part of that was July 19 freedom day. The numbers are comparable to last year but hospitalisations and deaths and nowhere near. That, to me, shows that vaccinations are working very well. Of course our amazing Doctors and Nurses now know how to deal with Covid better but still those without vaccinations become more ill in many cases.

Your posts are very well researched and fascinating to read. Thankfully I don’t think we will ever have the push for mandatory vaccinations in this country.

Thanks Mac - I've got say your approach asking people if they are happy to be vaccinated as a final check is fantastic to hear and I salute you for that and thank you :thumbup:

I've always been an advocate that open honest discussion would be a better tool for convincing those that are uncertain of the vaccine than the blunt force of fear and authoritarianism.

Still, the line ends at individual choice on which I think most would ultimately agree with our shared position on that - certainly here in the UK, for now.

I have no issue with the COVID pass system either for the record as long as the option for those who are unvaccinated to supply proof of a negative test remains I think that is a sensible measure even as the virus moves to endemic status.

Ultimately, I think there are of course, many areas where we can all disagree and that is what should be expected in the world, but the line of mandatory vaccination is one that cannot be crossed lightly - certainly not at least without an open and honest discussion of what that means in terms of the fundamental tenets of liberty that personally I believe sit at the heart if everything we know and take for granted as a society.

Its balanced conversations, without tribal name-calling that will always find a best way forward and I thank you for adopting that approach as well.

:ayatollah:
ealing_ayatollah

Postby maccydee » Tue Nov 23, 2021 1:30 pm

ealing_ayatollah wrote:
maccydee wrote:
ealing_ayatollah wrote:

Thanks Mac - I've got say your approach asking people if they are happy to be vaccinated as a final check is fantastic to hear and I salute you for that and thank you :thumbup:

I've always been an advocate that open honest discussion would be a better tool for convincing those that are uncertain of the vaccine than the blunt force of fear and authoritarianism.

Still, the line ends at individual choice on which I think most would ultimately agree with our shared position on that - certainly here in the UK, for now.

I have no issue with the COVID pass system either for the record as long as the option for those who are unvaccinated to supply proof of a negative test remains I think that is a sensible measure even as the virus moves to endemic status.

Ultimately, I think there are of course, many areas where we can all disagree and that is what should be expected in the world, but the line of mandatory vaccination is one that cannot be crossed lightly - certainly not at least without an open and honest discussion of what that means in terms of the fundamental tenets of liberty that personally I believe sit at the heart if everything we know and take for granted as a society.

Its balanced conversations, without tribal name-calling that will always find a best way forward and I thank you for adopting that approach as well.

:ayatollah:

It’s policy.

Absolutely there is some pish going on with the vaccination piece.

The one thing that absolutely sticks in my craw is the fact AZ is now not being used and Pfizer is. One is £15 and has had very little negative press despite the fact it actually has been found to bring on myocarditis (in very small numbers) vs the £1 vaccination which had less amounts of clots (subsequently similar numbers to the other one) yet had bad press all over.

Which one is the company making profit on and which one is non profit?

Stinks and Macron and Merkel were heavily involved with that.
maccydee

Postby ealing_ayatollah » Tue Nov 23, 2021 2:21 pm

maccydee wrote:It’s policy.

Absolutely there is some pish going on with the vaccination piece.

The one thing that absolutely sticks in my craw is the fact AZ is now not being used and Pfizer is. One is £15 and has had very little negative press despite the fact it actually has been found to bring on myocarditis (in very small numbers) vs the £1 vaccination which had less amounts of clots (subsequently similar numbers to the other one) yet had bad press all over.

Which one is the company making profit on and which one is non profit?

Stinks and Macron and Merkel were heavily involved with that.

Similar story with Ivermectin and the new Pfizer pill.

Both works in the same way basically the virus protein is to long to replicate so the virus has a type of enzyme called protease which chop down the long protein into smaller ones so they can replicate. Both drugs are protease inhibitors so the virus cannot 'chop' the proteins down therefore stopping it from replicating.

Ivermectin is out of patent so it can be produced very cheaply and is already mass production. The new Pfizer drug can be patented and the patent will last for 20 years.

One is championed as a breakthrough drug and very expensive.

One has been labelled horse de-wormer (it is also used for this purpose, but equally has been used for human use for many. many years) and is widely available and very, very cheap.

It is scandalous.

Very good video on this here by Dr. John Campbell for anyone interested. https://youtu.be/ufy2AweXRkc
ealing_ayatollah

Re: UPDATED DAILY : UK CORONAVIRUS - UPDATED 24/11/21

Postby TopCat CCFC » Wed Nov 24, 2021 12:10 am

Covid: Can UK avoid a Europe-style return to lockdown ?

Nick Triggle
Health correspondent -

Covid infection rates have started rising sharply in parts of Western Europe, prompting the introduction of fresh restrictions and lockdowns.

It has triggered fears the UK could follow suit. But there are plenty of reasons to believe Britain will escape the worst of what is being seen on the continent. In fact, the UK may well be in the strongest position of all to weather Covid this winter.

To understand why that could be the case, you need to look at the reasons why cases have started to take off in Western Europe.

Unlike the UK - and England in particular - many parts of Europe kept major restrictions in place for much longer.

Whereas England fully unlocked in mid-July, parts of Europe did not do this until the autumn, and in many places kept tougher restrictions in place even as they did.

Part of this was to do with timing. The UK was hit by the more infectious Alpha variant and then Delta sooner, meaning it was in a position to push ahead with unlocking before others.
TopCat CCFC

Re: UPDATED DAILY : UK CORONAVIRUS - UPDATED 27/11/21

Postby TopCat CCFC » Sat Nov 27, 2021 12:07 am

Cardiff and Scarlets trying to follow golfers home as South Africa goes on Covid red list -

Welsh rugby teams Cardiff and Scarlets are trying to return home from South Africa after the country was put on the UK red travel list.

Fifteen UK and Ireland golfers have also withdrawn from the Joburg Open, which started on Thursday.

UK Health Secretary Sajid Javid said from 12:00 GMT on Friday, six countries would be added to the red list.

Any British resident arriving from the countries after 04:00 GMT on Sunday must quarantine in a hotel.

Those returning before that would be asked to isolate at home for 10 days.

Golf's Joburg Open is the first tournament on the newly-named DP World Tour - formerly the European Tour - and the start of a scheduled three-week swing of events in South Africa.

The United Rugby Championship (URC) matches scheduled to be staged in South Africa over the next two weekends have been postponed.
TopCat CCFC

Postby montyblue » Sat Nov 27, 2021 9:54 am

As long as people fly we will keep on carrying this disease around the world there may come a time where we have to go back to ships only and cargo only on flights before we inoculate the world another strain pops up and we spread it by flying.
montyblue

Postby TheHangedMan » Sat Nov 27, 2021 4:16 pm

montyblue wrote:As long as people fly we will keep on carrying this disease around the world there may come a time where we have to go back to ships only and cargo only on flights before we inoculate the world another strain pops up and we spread it by flying.

There is another option.........as so many have been vaccinated and obviously feel protected. Get back to normal life, we will not beat a virus, fact. :bluebird:
Not a shred of evidence exists in favour of the idea that life is serious........
TheHangedMan

Postby montyblue » Sat Nov 27, 2021 5:12 pm

THE HANGED MAN
This new variant overrides the vaccine the experts think
montyblue

Postby Big Hill Blue » Sat Nov 27, 2021 5:20 pm

Omicron...anagram of " moronic".
Big Hill Blue

Re: UPDATED DAILY : UK CORONAVIRUS - UPDATED 28/11/21

Postby TopCat CCFC » Sun Nov 28, 2021 12:27 am

Covid: Travel and mask rules tightened over Omicron variant -

Face coverings will become mandatory again in shops and on public transport in England from next week under a raft of measures to target the new Covid variant, Omicron, the PM has said.

PCR tests for everyone entering the UK will be introduced and all contacts of new variant cases will have to self-isolate, even if fully jabbed.

But Boris Johnson said Christmas would be "considerably better" than in 2020.

The measures were "temporary and precautionary", he added.

Mr Johnson announced the restrictions at a Downing Street news conference after it was confirmed that two Omicron cases had been detected in Brentwood, Essex, and Nottingham. Officials said the cases were linked and connected to travel in southern Africa.
TopCat CCFC

Re: UPDATED DAILY : UK CORONAVIRUS - UPDATED 29/11/21

Postby ffs » Mon Nov 29, 2021 1:52 pm

Big Hill Blue wrote:Omicron...anagram of " moronic".

They are literally making fun of the rule followers
ffs

Postby piledriver64 » Mon Nov 29, 2021 2:10 pm

montyblue wrote:THE HANGED MAN
This new variant overrides the vaccine the experts think

More misinformation. It appears that vaccinations may not be as effective against this new variant but still offers more protection than if you haven't had vaccinations or boosters.

The World Health Organisations have said as follows:

Preliminary evidence suggests there may be an increased risk of reinfection with Omicron (ie, people who have previously had COVID-19 could become reinfected more easily with Omicron), as compared to other variants of concern, but information is limited. More information on this will become available in the coming days and weeks.

Similarly, there isn't even enough evidence to say whether this variant affects people more seriously than others. What all the scientists (not social media "experts") are saying is that you should still have the vaccine and booster, simples.

I await the scientific evidence to prove otherwise but, in the absence of that, surely any idiot can see that safety is the best policy. Unless, of course, you think that these vaccines are actually a tracker for governments to follow you around :lol: :lol: :banghead:
piledriver64

Postby maccydee » Mon Nov 29, 2021 2:16 pm

Will this be the variant that ends the pandemic?

The experts have said that one day there will be a variant that becomes milder, they have actually said in South Africa it seems like this variant is a lot milder albeit in younger people.

Fingers crossed this might be the time we all look back on and see as the turning point.
maccydee

Postby piledriver64 » Mon Nov 29, 2021 2:31 pm

maccydee wrote:Will this be the variant that ends the pandemic?

The experts have said that one day there will be a variant that becomes milder, they have actually said in South Africa it seems like this variant is a lot milder albeit in younger people.

Fingers crossed this might be the time we all look back on and see as the turning point.

Spot on, new variants aren't always bad news. However, until we know what it means all governments will continue to be cautious and take a safety first approach. Quite rightly in my opinion, within reason !!
piledriver64

Postby maccydee » Mon Nov 29, 2021 3:41 pm

piledriver64 wrote:

Spot on, new variants aren't always bad news. However, until we know what it means all governments will continue to be cautious and take a safety first approach. Quite rightly in my opinion, within reason !!

Absolutely right. They have to just in case. The data are being looked at now by clever people and hopefully the fact there hasn’t been hysteria that’s it’s 70% more transmissible and 50% likely to kill might mean it might be good news.
maccydee

Postby A Quiet Monkfish » Mon Nov 29, 2021 3:44 pm

The effect/consequence of vaccines is the emergence of new, less infectious, more transmissible variants. That's fine. What's concerning on two levels is the ramping up of the booster programme to 3 monthly intervals. Firstly, are we going to have needles in our arms every 13 weeks, and secondly, allegedly, this is to protect us against Omicron, from which we may well not need protecting from.
A Quiet Monkfish

Postby maccydee » Mon Nov 29, 2021 4:20 pm

A Quiet Monkfish wrote:

The effect/consequence of vaccines is the emergence of new, less infectious, more transmissible variants. That's fine. What's concerning on two levels is the ramping up of the booster programme to 3 monthly intervals. Firstly, are we going to have needles in our arms every 13 weeks, and secondly, allegedly, this is to protect us against Omicron, from which we may well not need protecting from.

Agree. Although I think it’s prudent to plan for the worst which is what they are doing.

However, the protection lasts for six months from second jab so there’s not much need for a third/booster before that.

It does seem to be made up on the spot.
maccydee

Postby TheHangedMan » Mon Nov 29, 2021 9:21 pm

This will hurt the pro vaxxers, but it is a different view, from a credible cardiologist/researcher, that paints a different picture to the MSM.

If you can be bothered to watch for 3 minutes you may get a realisation of why alternative views to the Government/Pharma narrative are not being aired/heard.

Make up your own minds lovely people, link below. :bluebird:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gJ8t0qQ5R4I
TheHangedMan

Re: UPDATED DAILY : UK CORONAVIRUS - UPDATED 01/12/21

Postby TopCat CCFC » Wed Dec 01, 2021 12:27 am

Covid: Are Christmas parties being cancelled over Omicron?

A pattern is forming over no-shows at Christmas parties because of a fear of Covid, a restauranteur has said.

Chris Seager, who runs Seagers Restaurant in Gorseinon, in Swansea, said the festive period was "lucrative" for the hospitality industry provided they have Christmas parties.

He added that despite some no-shows, cancellations were not "excessive".

Penarth restauranteur Huw Pickford said there was "a worry" Christmas would not happen again for the hospitality industry.

Wales' health minister has urged people to be cautious when socialising indoors at Christmas, in response to concern over the Omicron variant.
TopCat CCFC

Players and fans collapsing

Postby Capital Bluebird » Wed Dec 01, 2021 9:34 pm

Two fans tonight in different games (Watford/Chelsea and Southampton/Leicester) collapsed in the stands, cardiac issues. Last week players from the champions league, championship and league 1 collapsed. This is happening on almost a weekly basis. Sheer coincidence or is there a link to the mRNA vaccines? Hmmmmmm
Capital Bluebird

Re: UPDATED DAILY : UK CORONAVIRUS - UPDATED 03/12/21

Postby TopCat CCFC » Fri Dec 03, 2021 12:30 am

Daily cases remain high -

The average number of daily confirmed cases has bounced around since mid-July and has been rising again since early November.

A further 53,945 confirmed cases were announced on Thursday.

The emergence of the new Omicron variant means new temporary measures are being put in place as a precaution.

Hospital numbers stable -

The most recent government figures show 7,644 people with coronavirus in hospital in the UK, down from 7,912 a week earlier.

Although numbers of hospital patients with coronavirus are higher than they were over the summer, they are far below the peak of nearly 40,000 people back in January.
TopCat CCFC

Re: UPDATED DAILY : UK CORONAVIRUS - UPDATED 05/12/21

Postby TopCat CCFC » Sun Dec 05, 2021 12:12 am

Omicron: Last-minute call on Wales Covid pass pub extension -

A decision on whether to extend Covid passes to pubs and restaurants will be made at the "last minute", First Minister Mark Drakeford has said.

Ministers are to consider whether to expand the scheme over the next week, with the next Covid rules review due on Friday.

Mr Drakeford said the emergence of the Omicron variant has led to knowledge and circumstances developing "so fast".
TopCat CCFC

Re: UPDATED DAILY : UK CORONAVIRUS - UPDATED 06/12/21

Postby TopCat CCFC » Mon Dec 06, 2021 1:10 am

Covid: Wales 'braced' for 'thousands' more Omicron cases -

Wales could see "hundreds if not thousands more" cases of the Omicron coronavirus variant over Christmas and new year, the health minister has said.

Eluned Morgan said it couldn't happen at a "worse time" for the NHS after Wales' first case was found on Friday.

Wales' largest hospital urged people not to go to A&E unless they have a life-threatening issue on Saturday.

Meanwhile, a decision to extend Covid passes to pubs and restaurants could made later this week.

The Welsh government is expanding its vaccination programme.

It has previously said that there was no substantial evidence the variant, which has been linked to overseas travel, would lead to a more severe illness.

"Undoubtedly, we're going to see, I would think, hundreds if not thousands more [Omicron cases] in the next few weeks so we've got to brace ourselves and it's been really good to have the time to prepare for that," Ms Morgan told BBC Radio Wales Sunday Supplement.
TopCat CCFC

PreviousNext

Return to General Chat