A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: UPDATED DAILY : UK CORONAVIRUS - UPDATED 16/09/21

Postby TopCat CCFC » Wed Sep 15, 2021 11:22 pm

Who will be offered third jabs?

Across the UK, single booster jabs will be offered to:

Over-50s

Frontline health and social care workers

Older adults in residential care homes

People aged 16-49 years old with underlying health conditions which put them at greater risk of severe Covid

Adults who share a household with vulnerable people

The doses will be offered at least six months after a second vaccination, and are likely to be either Pfizer or Moderna.

England's Deputy Chief Medical Officer, Jonathan Van-Tam, says people should also take a flu jab if it is offered alongside the booster.
TopCat CCFC

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Postby Igovernor » Thu Sep 16, 2021 12:47 pm

TopCat CCFC wrote:Who will be offered third jabs?

Over-50s

People aged 16-49 years old with underlying health conditions which put them at greater risk of severe Covid

The doses will be offered at least six months after a second vaccination, and are likely to be either Pfizer or Moderna.

England's Deputy Chief Medical Officer, Jonathan Van-Tam, says people should also take a flu jab if it is offered alongside the booster.

I am eligible for the booster and will be having it, and the flu one, BUT! I don't think I will be having the Flu and Covid jabs at the same time, as I believe that the two jabs should be at least 12 days apart, this is information that i have read about and talked about to medical professionals, It is probably alright to have them together but as they have never been given at the same time, I will err on the side of caution and have them seperately 2 weeks apart :thumbup:
Igovernor

Postby maccydee » Thu Sep 16, 2021 12:51 pm

Igovernor wrote:

Over-50s

I am eligible for the booster and will be having it, and the flu one, BUT! I don't think I will be having the Flu and Covid jabs at the same time, as I believe that the two jabs should be at least 12 days apart, this is information that i have read about and talked about to medical professionals, It is probably alright to have them together but as they have never been given at the same time, I will err on the side of caution and have them seperately 2 weeks apart :thumbup:

Yep agree. When I vaccinate people I have to ask if they have had any vaccination in the last 14 days. Weird they are now saying both together.
maccydee

Postby Igovernor » Thu Sep 16, 2021 2:27 pm

maccydee wrote:
Igovernor wrote:

Over-50s

Yep agree. When I vaccinate people I have to ask if they have had any vaccination in the last 14 days. Weird they are now saying both together.

Exactly it is all to save time and to stop the NHS getting overun, but as It is the Gp's that are doing the flu jabs and most gp's have not got the freezers for the astra zenica jab, the covid jab will probably be getting done, at a seperate loction for example where people have had their 2 covid jabs. That is unless in their great wisdom they are going to give me a different booster which could be kept in a fridge, to the original ones I had, again not been tested so it is a no from me for a different vaccine :thumbup:
Igovernor

Postby maccydee » Thu Sep 16, 2021 2:58 pm

Igovernor wrote:
maccydee wrote:
Igovernor wrote:

Over-50s

Exactly it is all to save time and to stop the NHS getting overun, but as It is the Gp's that are doing the flu jabs and most gp's have not got the freezers for the astra zenica jab, the covid jab will probably be getting done, at a seperate loction for example where people have had their 2 covid jabs. That is unless in their great wisdom they are going to give me a different booster which could be kept in a fridge, to the original ones I had, again not been tested so it is a no from me for a different vaccine :thumbup:

All vaccinations can be kept in the fridge.

It was Pfizer the original issues of temperature were but they are mostly resolved now.
maccydee

Postby Igovernor » Thu Sep 16, 2021 3:52 pm

maccydee wrote:
Igovernor wrote:
maccydee wrote:
Igovernor wrote:

Over-50s

It was Pfizer the original issues of temperature were but they are mostly resolved now.

I think you will find the Pfizer vaccine was always kept in a fridge and that it was the Astra zenica one that had to be kept in the freezer until ready to use, and this is still the case :thumbup:
Igovernor

Postby maccydee » Thu Sep 16, 2021 5:58 pm

Igovernor wrote:
maccydee wrote:
Igovernor wrote:
maccydee wrote:
Igovernor wrote:

Over-50s

I think you will find the Pfizer vaccine was always kept in a fridge and that it was the Astra zenica one that had to be kept in the freezer until ready to use, and this is still the case :thumbup:
Attachments
9703310E-C73A-4831-A015-8F81B3EC6968.png
9703310E-C73A-4831-A015-8F81B3EC6968.png (809.15 KiB) Viewed 12238 times
maccydee

Postby maccydee » Thu Sep 16, 2021 6:32 pm

Igovernor wrote:
maccydee wrote:
Igovernor wrote:
maccydee wrote:
Igovernor wrote:

Over-50s

Whenever people use I think you will find I always love it when they are wrong.
maccydee

Re: UPDATED DAILY : UK CORONAVIRUS - UPDATED 17/09/21

Postby TopCat CCFC » Thu Sep 16, 2021 11:40 pm

Covid in Wales: Vaccine passport decision due on Friday -

A decision on whether proof of vaccination will be legally required to enter nightclubs and large events in Wales will be revealed on Friday.

Labour ministers have been considering Covid passports as part of their latest review of coronavirus restrictions.

First Minister Mark Drakeford has not ruled out a mandatory system, which is planned for Scotland and may be used in England.

However, a nightclub trade body warned the move may damage the industry.

The Conservatives and the Lib Dems in the Senedd expressed concerns, and called for ministers not to implement such a scheme.

No other changes are expected in the review to Wales' coronavirus laws, which were mostly scrapped over the summer.
TopCat CCFC

Postby Igovernor » Fri Sep 17, 2021 7:36 am

maccydee wrote:
Igovernor wrote:
maccydee wrote:
Igovernor wrote:
maccydee wrote:
Igovernor wrote:

Over-50s

I got it the wrong way round. Moot point anyway regarding me not having the two jabs at the same time,as I have my flu jab mid October and I am not due my booster till November, plus they are saying that there is better protection by having a half dose of a different vaccine rather than the same original vaccine. I will have to see about that. :thumbup:

I forgot to say that your image shows that Pfizer is still kept in a freezer
Igovernor

Postby maccydee » Fri Sep 17, 2021 9:15 am

Igovernor wrote:
maccydee wrote:
Igovernor wrote:
maccydee wrote:
Igovernor wrote:
maccydee wrote:
Igovernor wrote:

Over-50s

I got it the wrong way round. Moot point anyway regarding me not having the two jabs at the same time,as I have my flu jab mid October and I am not due my booster till November, plus they are saying that there is better protection by having a half dose of a different vaccine rather than the same original vaccine. I will have to see about that. :thumbup:

You did that.

Half of the moderna one. Very strange how that has come about.

I find it such a shame that there is such a distrust of the AZ vaccination. That’ll teach them to offer it non profit basis. Really has shown up the worst of us the way they all piled in on AZ mostly due to financial gain.
maccydee

Postby Bluebina » Fri Sep 17, 2021 9:26 am

Igovernor wrote:

Over-50s

Speak to your pharmacist they can do your flu vaccine and the covid Pfizer can follow they need to be six months after your 2nd jab anyway depending on when that was. It's either going to be a Pfizer or half a Moderna.
Bluebina

Postby MR BIRCHGROVE » Fri Sep 17, 2021 12:14 pm

Mr Drakeford has just lit the 'blue touch paper'
Awaiting reaction!!!
MR BIRCHGROVE

Postby Igovernor » Fri Sep 17, 2021 12:28 pm

maccydee wrote:
Igovernor wrote:
maccydee wrote:
Igovernor wrote:
maccydee wrote:
Igovernor wrote:
maccydee wrote:
Igovernor wrote:

Over-50s

You did that.

I find it such a shame that there is such a distrust of the AZ vaccination. That’ll teach them to offer it non profit basis. Really has shown up the worst of us the way they all piled in on AZ mostly due to financial gain.

Igovernor

Postby maccydee » Fri Sep 17, 2021 12:34 pm

Igovernor wrote:
maccydee wrote:
Igovernor wrote:
maccydee wrote:
Igovernor wrote:
maccydee wrote:
Igovernor wrote:
maccydee wrote:
Igovernor wrote:

Over-50s

You did that.

It is. What’s your point? You said AZ was.

If you mean what I said about they have resolved the issue about it being in a freezer until close to putting it in the arm they have resolved that.

https://www.ema.europa.eu/en/news/more- ... 19-vaccine
maccydee

Postby BLUE54 » Fri Sep 17, 2021 1:27 pm

After our glorious leaders latest uttering, if we get over a 10,000 crowd, does it mean that from October 11 we will need a vaccine passport? Or have I read it wrong? I happily stand to be corrected if so.
BLUE54

Postby MR BIRCHGROVE » Fri Sep 17, 2021 4:27 pm

BLUE54 wrote:After our glorious leaders latest uttering, if we get over a 10,000 crowd, does it mean that from October 11 we will need a vaccine passport? Or have I read it wrong? I happily stand to be corrected if so.

Correct, you either need proof of your double jab, or proof of a lateral flow test with a negative result completed within 48 hours of the match.
MR BIRCHGROVE

Postby Sven » Fri Sep 17, 2021 4:42 pm

MR BIRCHGROVE wrote:
BLUE54 wrote:After our glorious leaders latest uttering, if we get over a 10,000 crowd, does it mean that from October 11 we will need a vaccine passport? Or have I read it wrong? I happily stand to be corrected if so.

Correct, you either need proof of your double jab, or proof of a lateral flow test with a negative result completed within 48 hours of the match.

Can you 'cheat' a Lateral Flow Test...? :?

Answer YES, as it is a question of honesty and you only scan the code on the test strip and not its shown result, i.e. 'C' or 'T' before 'reporting' it to the Government website

It's why a 'Vaccine Passport' is seen by many as the only credible way forward
"If you think what I say is 'offensive' to you, you should hear what I keep to myself...!"
Sven

Postby MR BIRCHGROVE » Fri Sep 17, 2021 6:12 pm

Sven wrote:
MR BIRCHGROVE wrote:

Answer YES, as it is a question of honesty and you only scan the code on the test strip and not its shown result, i.e. 'C' or 'T' before 'reporting' it to the Government website

Thought that might be the case...at least you have to go through the process of getting the test kit and scanning an outcome, whether you lie or not about the result.
I have queried this with the health minister. Awaiting reply next week.
MR BIRCHGROVE

Postby OriginalGrangeEndBlue » Fri Sep 17, 2021 6:27 pm

Sven wrote:
MR BIRCHGROVE wrote:

Chris, it’s the easiest thing in the world to cheat a PCR or anti-gen test.

I know people who have literally opened the pack up, put the unused swab in the container and sent it off. A couple of days later they have the negative result.

Yes it’s about honesty but just proves what a complete farce it all is.
OriginalGrangeEndBlue

Re: UPDATED DAILY : UK CORONAVIRUS - UPDATED 18/09/21

Postby TopCat CCFC » Fri Sep 17, 2021 11:50 pm

Welsh sports fans will need to show Covid passes from October -

Sports fans will need to show a pass proving they have been fully vaccinated or had a negative Covid test to attend large-scale events in Wales from 11 October.

Supporters will be able to use an NHS Covid Pass to show they are vaccinated, or had a negative lateral flow test in the 48 hours before the event.

The Principality Stadium will stage four autumn rugby internationals.

Wales have announced a 74,500 sell-out against New Zealand on 30 October.

This will be followed by matches against South Africa, Fiji and Australia.

The pass will be required for any event at which more than 10,000 people attend. It is also needed for nightclubs, indoor no-seating events with more than 500 people and outdoor no-seating events with more than 4,000 people.

First Minister Mark Drakeford made the announcement as part of the latest review of coronavirus restrictions.

The Welsh Rugby Union (WRU) confirmed proof would be required to attend the four international games this summer.
TopCat CCFC

Re: UPDATED DAILY : UK CORONAVIRUS - UPDATED 25/09/21

Postby TopCat CCFC » Fri Sep 24, 2021 11:38 pm

Covid-19 in Wales: A third of positive cases are unvaccinated -

A third of people with confirmed Covid cases in Wales in the past week were unvaccinated, according to new figures released by Public Health Wales.

The figures also showed 99% of people who tested positive for Covid in the past week in Wales were under 60. Of these, 37% were unvaccinated.

Nearly 13% of hospital patients with confirmed Covid were unvaccinated.

PHW said the vaccines had helped keep Covid hospital numbers much lower during the third wave.

Although 80% of patients have been double-dosed with a vaccine, public health officials said this is not evidence that the vaccine is not working - and that vaccines keep 95% of people out of hospital.

Without its protection, the numbers in hospital would be far greater, they added.
TopCat CCFC

Re: UPDATED DAILY : UK CORONAVIRUS - UPDATED 27/09/21

Postby TopCat CCFC » Sun Sep 26, 2021 11:56 pm

Covid case rate continues to rise in Wales -

The Covid-19 case rate continues to rise in Wales, according to latest figures from health officials.

The seven-day average stands at 593.9 per 100,000 people, up from 582 when last reported, on Friday.

A further 13 deaths with coronavirus and 3,303 new cases have also been reported by Public Health Wales (PHW).

The rolling case rate remains highest in Neath Port Talbot at 909.9 cases, followed by 867 in Merthyr Tydfil and 793.3 in Rhondda Cynon Taff.

Monmouthshire continues to have the lowest Covid case rate with 309.8, compared with 366.4 in Pembrokeshire, 367.8 in Wrexham, 400.3 in Ceredigion and 425.5 at Anglesey.

Data published on Sunday covers 24 hours to 09:00 on Friday.

New cases include 344 in Rhondda Cynon Taf, 333 in Swansea, 322 in Cardiff, 258 in Caerphilly and 221 in Neath Port Talbot.

The data shows the positivity rate across Wales - the percentage of tests which come back positive - is down slightly to 15%.

The total number of deaths with Covid in Wales now stands at 5,852.
TopCat CCFC

Re: UPDATED DAILY : UK CORONAVIRUS - UPDATED 27/09/21

Postby pembroke allan » Mon Sep 27, 2021 12:14 pm

Apparently from 4th Oct we wont have to have tests before leaving country just the pcr as well st come point test 2 days after arriving back in country .... and that will be replaced by lateral flow test
pembroke allan

Re: UPDATED DAILY : UK CORONAVIRUS - UPDATED 29/09/21

Postby TopCat CCFC » Tue Sep 28, 2021 11:48 pm

Covid: Faking test results to get pass to be illegal in Wales -

It will be illegal to fake a lateral flow test for a mandatory Covid pass, under Welsh government plans.

First Minister Mark Drakeford said it would make it clear to people that falsifying negative results would put others in danger.

Under the plans, ministers will require people in nightclubs or big events to show they are fully vaccinated or have recently tested negative.

But the Tories questioned whether the scheme will be enforceable.

The Senedd will vote next Tuesday whether the pass scheme will be implemented from 11 October.

Labour ministers will likely require support from Plaid Cymru to pass the regulations, but the party has not decided whether to do so and has asked for more detail.

The Welsh Conservatives and Liberal Democrat Member of the Senedd (MS) Jane Dodds are both opposed to the plans.

Passes will show if individuals have had both doses of a vaccine, or if they have had a negative lateral flow test result in the last 48 hours.
TopCat CCFC

Re: UPDATED DAILY : UK CORONAVIRUS - UPDATED 01/10/21

Postby TopCat CCFC » Thu Sep 30, 2021 11:31 pm

Furlough scheme ends with almost 1 million left in limbo -

The furlough scheme closes on Thursday, with uncertainty ahead for people who have not yet fully returned to work.

Nearly one million workers were expected to be on the scheme at the end of September, according to research by the Resolution Foundation.

Of those on furlough in late July, about half on the scheme were able to work some of the time, the HMRC says.

Since the start of the pandemic, it has helped pay the wages of 11.6 million workers.

But many forecasters, including the Bank of England, are expecting a small rise in unemployment as it ends.

The chancellor said he was "immensely proud" of the near £70bn scheme, but now was the right time to close it, despite calls for further support from some badly-hit companies.
TopCat CCFC

Re: UPDATED DAILY : UK CORONAVIRUS - UPDATED 04/10/21

Postby TopCat CCFC » Mon Oct 04, 2021 12:16 am

Covid in Wales: Case rate falls for fourth successive day -

The Covid-19 case rate has fallen for a fourth successive day in Wales, according to latest figures.

The seven-day average stands at 612 cases per 100,000 people, down from 638.4 when last reported on Friday.

However, a further 10 deaths and an additional 2,331 positive cases were reported by Public Health Wales (PHW) on Sunday.

A total of 48% of cases were young people under 19, but this proportion has fallen from 57% a week ago.

Data published on Sunday covers 24 hours to 09:00 on Friday.

It shows the total number of deaths has risen to 5,907 with 360,881 positive cases since the start of the pandemic.
TopCat CCFC

Re: UPDATED DAILY : UK CORONAVIRUS - UPDATED 05/10/21

Postby pembroke allan » Tue Oct 05, 2021 7:40 pm

What an effing joke covid passports approved in senedd by 28to 27 but one A.M opposed to it could not vote via zoom and others didnt vote for whatever reason... shambles is understatement considering the importance of the vote..
pembroke allan

Re: UPDATED DAILY : UK CORONAVIRUS - UPDATED 05/10/21

Postby TopCat CCFC » Wed Oct 06, 2021 12:03 am

pembroke allan wrote:What an effing joke covid passports approved in senedd by 28to 27 but one A.M opposed to it could not vote via zoom and others didnt vote for whatever reason... shambles is understatement considering the importance of the vote..

Spot on allan - A joke when it comes to a vote to pass a rule which effects us all and maybe the English at the CCFC .
Looking forward to the events - Crowds stuck outside for the Wales v NZ - Rugby game ...Watch this space .....
Will post the full report from this vote below ....... What a joke :roll: :roll: :roll:
TopCat CCFC

Re: UPDATED DAILY : UK CORONAVIRUS - UPDATED 06/10/21

Postby TopCat CCFC » Wed Oct 06, 2021 12:09 am

Covid pass plans agreed in knife-edge Senedd vote -

Mandatory Covid passes in nightclubs and large events will be introduced in Wales as planned on 11 October after Welsh ministers won a knife-edge Senedd vote.

The measures were agreed with 28 politicians voting for and 27 voting against.

It came despite politicians in the opposition uniting to oppose the plans.

The public will be expected to show evidence of being fully vaccinated or having a recent negative Covid test.

Conservative Vale of Clwyd Member of the Senedd (MS) Gareth Davies did not take part in the vote, with the Tories citing "technical difficulties" for what happened.

Nightclub industry representatives said it was a "shambles".

If all opposition MSs had taken part the government would have lost in a tie, with the Tories, Lib Dems and Plaid opposed to the scheme.

Health Minister Eluned Morgan told MSs not supporting the law "will be an act of gross irresponsibility", but Plaid Cymru had said it was open to exploitation.

Protesters had gathered outside the Senedd's buildings on Tuesday evening, chantingAhead of the vote, Conservative MS Darren Millar could be heard telling Presiding Officer Elin Jones: "I'm sorry we still have a member who is desperately trying to get into Zoom."

Ms Jones replied that she would hold the vote: "We have made every opportunity possible for that named member to get in, including sharing my personal phone."

Conservative Senedd leader Andrew RT Davies, who is ill, was also not present but Labour had agreed for one of their MSs not to vote in return. "shame on you", following the result.
TopCat CCFC

PreviousNext

Return to General Chat