UPDATED DAILY : UK CORONAVIRUS - UPDATED 29/10/22

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: UPDATED DAILY : UK CORONAVIRUS - UPDATED 05/01/22

Postby TopCat CCFC » Wed Jan 05, 2022 12:18 am

Covid: Vaccines for all every four to six months not needed, says expert -

Vaccinating everyone on the planet against Covid-19 regularly is not sustainable or affordable, a UK vaccine scientist has said.

Prof Sir Andrew Pollard, who helped develop the Oxford-AstraZeneca vaccine, said the most at risk should be identified and prioritised instead.

He said the vaccine rollout had gone "extremely well" in the UK but other parts of the world were falling behind.

Booster jabs have been offered to all eligible adults in the UK.

There has been a surge of Omicron cases in the UK, with a record 218,724 cases reported on Tuesday.

However, this figure includes a backlog of two days worth of cases from Wales and four days of cases from Northern Ireland, due to the holiday weekend.
TopCat CCFC

Re: UPDATED DAILY : UK CORONAVIRUS - UPDATED 05/01/22

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: UPDATED DAILY : UK CORONAVIRUS - UPDATED 06/01/22

Postby Sven » Thu Jan 06, 2022 9:42 am

France discovers new Covid variant IHU with 46 mutations amid 271,000 coronavirus infections, biggest one-day jump on record

French media are reporting that a new Covid variant with 46 mutations has been discovered in the country.

The new strain, named IHU, has been discovered in the southwest of France and, according to multiple news outlets, intensive care and hospital admissions have been increasing in that region in recent days.

So far, there are 12 confirmed cases of IHU, or B16402. The case was first linked to a man who had returned from a three-day trip to Cameroon, in Western Africa, researchers said today.

The variant is described as ‘heavily mutated’, with some French researchers suggesting, since the strain contains 46 mutations, it may be more resistant to vaccines and more transmissible.

The discovery comes as France reported 271,686 new coronavirus cases today, the biggest one-day increase on record.

Confirmed case fully vaccinated

Researchers said in a document published on medRxiv’s platform today that the first confirmed IHU case was fully vaccinated.

The authors explained that “subsequent detection… of three mutations in the spike gene to screen for variants… did not correspond to the pattern of the Delta variant involved in almost all SARS-CoV-2 infections at that time.”

Following the discovery, virologist Eric Feigl-Ding, who is also a fellow at Federation of American Scientists, said the new variant was being monitored but stressed that the discovery of new strains “does not necessarily mean they will be more dangerous.”
Attachments
Money-in-Covid-Times-1.jpg
Money-in-Covid-Times-1.jpg (33.53 KiB) Viewed 6737 times
"If you think what I say is 'offensive' to you, you should hear what I keep to myself...!"
Sven

Postby jimmy_rat » Thu Jan 06, 2022 1:01 pm

Kim Jong Drakeford's strategy working well!
Attachments
IMG-20220106-WA0011.jpg
IMG-20220106-WA0011.jpg (87.34 KiB) Viewed 6723 times
jimmy_rat

Re: UPDATED DAILY : UK CORONAVIRUS - UPDATED 07/01/22

Postby Sven » Fri Jan 07, 2022 7:43 am

WAG's latest Covid Review keeps Wales on 'Alert Level Two' and sees the continuation of restrictions to social areas in Wales, including homes, pubs, nightclubs and sporting venues, so no sign of a return to the CCS for us and the opening Six Nations rugby game looks increasingly likely to be played behind 'closed doors'

Topic: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=225571&p=2322814#p2322814
"If you think what I say is 'offensive' to you, you should hear what I keep to myself...!"
Sven

Postby ealing_ayatollah » Fri Jan 07, 2022 2:12 pm

I was wondering how much the hysteria and upset would be reduced if the numbers were shown differently (and I was a bit bored tbh) so put the same data from the FT graph from Jimmy's post into a less sensationalist chart.

OK so my version has less scary jaggedly lines and admittedly I'm never going to win prizes for graphic design but a more realistic representation of the magnitude of the problem.

Non-dramatic-covid-1.png
Non-dramatic-covid-1.png (18.64 KiB) Viewed 6610 times
I'm just a wine drinking monkey that has a penchant for fine bannanas. You can check out my human alter-ego singing and speaking nonsense on the you tube if you like @ https://www.youtube.com/user/sibaronimusic
ealing_ayatollah

Postby jimmy_rat » Fri Jan 07, 2022 3:12 pm

ealing_ayatollah wrote:I was wondering how much the hysteria and upset would be reduced if the numbers were shown differently (and I was a bit bored tbh) so put the same data from the FT graph from Jimmy's post into a less sensationalist chart.

OK so my version has less scary jaggedly lines and admittedly I'm never going to win prizes for graphic design but a more realistic representation of the magnitude of the problem.

Non-dramatic-covid-1.png

Fantastic post. Bravo Sir.
jimmy_rat

Postby BLUE54 » Fri Jan 07, 2022 7:12 pm

And of course you can understand our glorious leader's comment that England's course of action is totally out of step from the other 3 home nations,... by of course being the line at the bottom of the graph.
BLUE54

Postby C. Rombie-Coat » Fri Jan 07, 2022 8:37 pm

The latest UK Health Security Agency report was released today.
A link to an analysis is below:

'It is clear from above that the vaccinated is being infected at far greater levels than the unvaccinated. Except < 18 years old.'

https://palexander.substack.com/p/uk-he ... irst-covid

Good analysis of figures for Wales.

Difficult to hide the truth. More to come I think.
C. Rombie-Coat

Postby ealing_ayatollah » Fri Jan 07, 2022 9:11 pm

C. Rombie-Coat wrote:The latest UK Health Security Agency report was released today.

'It is clear from above that the vaccinated is being infected at far greater levels than the unvaccinated. Except < 18 years old.'

The key graph from the substack article Mr Coat links to in the above post for those who might not have time to read the full article.

1Screenshot 2022-01-07 at 20.56.35.png
1Screenshot 2022-01-07 at 20.56.35.png (236 KiB) Viewed 6477 times

It is also worth highlighting that this is per 100K so data is reporting by case rates - so I don't think the results are skewed by the percentage of UK population vaccinated vs. unvaccinated - which has been a valid point of discussion before.

For those who want to see the full report, you can check the veracity of the data from the government's own report on the link below.

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... 1_2022.pdf

Thanks for sharing this Mr R Coat interesting article indeed. :thumbup:
I'm just a wine drinking monkey that has a penchant for fine bannanas. You can check out my human alter-ego singing and speaking nonsense on the you tube if you like @ https://www.youtube.com/user/sibaronimusic
ealing_ayatollah

Postby rumpo kid » Fri Jan 07, 2022 9:18 pm

ealing_ayatollah wrote:I was wondering how much the hysteria and upset would be reduced if the numbers were shown differently (and I was a bit bored tbh) so put the same data from the FT graph from Jimmy's post into a less sensationalist chart.

Non-dramatic-covid-1.png

I agree re: prizes for graphic design ealing.. the green clashing with the red line totally ruined the experience for me.
rumpo kid

Postby ealing_ayatollah » Fri Jan 07, 2022 9:23 pm

rumpo kid wrote:

Non-dramatic-covid-1.png

I agree re: prizes for graphic design ealing.. the green clashing with the red line totally ruined the experience for me.

Actually...

I think you'll find that the 'green' is actually Brunswick Green and the colour you naively refer to as 'Black' is actually correctly referred to as registration. Bloody philistine.

:lol:
ealing_ayatollah

Postby CF11 Rondo » Fri Jan 07, 2022 10:37 pm

C. Rombie-Coat wrote:The latest UK Health Security Agency report was released today.

You’ve made the same mistake you made previously. Over 90% of adults have had a vaccination. It’s not a secret or a surprise that there’s more vaccinated people getting infected. Most soldiers that get shot are wearing helmets and most people in car crashes are wearing seat belts. That doesn’t mean helmets and seatbelts increase the risk of injuries.

Despite <10% of adults being unvaccinated, the unvaccinated make up 32% of cases in Wales. That’s using the numbers you’ve provided.
CF11 Rondo

Postby ealing_ayatollah » Sat Jan 08, 2022 1:10 am

CF11 Rondo wrote:

You’ve made the same mistake you made previously. Over 90% of adults have had a vaccination. It’s not a secret or a surprise that there’s more vaccinated people getting infected. Most soldiers that get shot are wearing helmets and most people in car crashes are wearing seat belts. That doesn’t mean helmets and seatbelts increase the risk of injuries.

Despite <10% of adults being unvaccinated, the unvaccinated make up 32% of cases in Wales. That’s using the numbers you’ve provided.

My two pence worth if I may (appreciate you were replying to Mr Coat so sorry for hijacking your response)

I may be reading the report wrong, however, the numbers shown are per 100K, not the total population. So out of 100K unvaccinated people versus 100K vaccinated the current data does appear to show that fewer unvaccinated are catching the virus in all but one age range (under 18s strangely are the outlier)

The fact that the large percentage of the population is vaccinated therefore shouldn't be skewing the data at all if it is comparing two groups of comparable size from each group rather than the total population?

The report does outline what could be reasons for this including vaccinated potentially more likely to test regularly as they are potentially more conscious/cautious of the virus so more reported cases perhaps.

Although that in and of itself raises questions around the potency of the virus. The suggestion (made in the report) that unvaccinated are not testing as much which is why they are showing as less susceptible, would also infer that many of those who are testing positive are either asymptomatic or have such mild symptoms that they only realise they have the virus after they test positive.
ealing_ayatollah

Postby C. Rombie-Coat » Sat Jan 08, 2022 8:41 am

CF11 Rondo wrote:

No. It’s you that is wrong-again. As Ealing explains above, the comparison is between groups.
Here is a summary of the report’s UK figures- is linked in the comments under the link I posted.

https://i.imgur.com/gYsbYey.jpg

Could it be possible, as expert scientists and clinicians (the ones that you won’t see on the TV or in the press) have been saying since the outset that the impact of jabs on the immune system is not a good one? That one of the effects is to actually promote the formation/mutation of viruses and spread thereof?

As to the Welsh figures all those masks/social distancing/passports do seem to been a waste of time. The situation is far worse than in England. All those jabs and look where we are.

Alternatively of course the testing is a load of bollocks and a massive red herring.

Perhaps it’s not about public health.
C. Rombie-Coat

Postby epping blue » Sat Jan 08, 2022 11:21 am

C. Rombie-Coat wrote:
CF11 Rondo wrote:

No. It’s you that is wrong-again. As Ealing explains above, the comparison is between groups.
Here is a summary of the report’s UK figures- is linked in the comments under the link I posted.

Could it be possible, as expert scientists and clinicians (the ones that you won’t see on the TV or in the press) have been saying since the outset that the impact of jabs on the immune system is not a good one? That one of the effects is to actually promote the formation/mutation of viruses and spread thereof?

As to the Welsh figures all those masks/social distancing/passports do seem to been a waste of time. The situation is far worse than in England. All those jabs and look where we are.

Alternatively of course the testing is a load of bollocks and a massive red herring.

Will you or Ealing like to show the rest of that table ? You know the columns that show the relative Hospitalisation and Death rates.
epping blue

Postby ealing_ayatollah » Sat Jan 08, 2022 4:05 pm

epping blue wrote:
C. Rombie-Coat wrote:
CF11 Rondo wrote:

Will you or Ealing like to show the rest of that table ? You know the columns that show the relative Hospitalisation and Death rates.

I did post the link to the actual report itself yesterday in fairness which has the full table in it for people to go and look at.

The table itself won't fit into a post in a readable format - but there are another 3 sections in that specific table, which as per your request I've put below.

If you want further information then you'll find the link to the report at the bottom of this post - the table referenced is on page 42.

Just to be clear, my argument has never been against vaccination. It has always been against mandatory vaccination and increasingly it has also been against the manipulation of the narrative by the media/politicians which simply doesn't align with the reality presented by the data in many areas (which to my mind is fairly overt coercion and manipulation - but I am a sceptical old git).

I've consistently held this position since the beginning of the pandemic. My fear was we would slowly inch closer and closer to mandatory vaccination. Fast forward a few years and we are seeing exactly that in Europe now. However, here in the UK, we have a more deeply embedded respect for personal liberty both in our legal framework and societal cohesion so I don't think we will see something as overtly authoritarian as we are currently seeing in Austria/Germany/France.

I believe that mandatory vaccination would need a very compelling argument to be accepted here in the UK and the public would need to be swayed into supporting it with a persistent narrative built on two arguments.

The first would be if the vaccines stopped the spread of the virus. The second is of course to protect the NHS.

The section of the table from the report that I shared (having seen it first in the article Mr. Coat shared) certainly goes a long way to countering the first of those arguments. The data within the report certainly appears to show zero supporting evidence that the vaccinated population are less likely to be carriers and spreaders of the virus than the unvaccinated.

That leaves us with the protect the NHS argument, and frankly, given the fact that at the height of the pandemic pre-vaccine the NHS coped to the point that the Nightingale hospitals were never used for more than a few hundred people, I think as we move through the next few weeks of Omicron and it rips through the population that argument will be a busted flush also.

I do not for one second deny that there may be good arguments, especially for those within more vulnerable demographics to take a vaccine. My position is simply that they should assess the risk/reward ratio themselves and make their own choices, and base them on solid data rather than sensationalist hyperbole.

Certainly, I'll agree that this report outlines that in terms of emergency care and death, the older someone is the more likely they are to be at risk if they are unvaccinated.

On the flip side, it also shows that even when incorporating the over 80s within the data the chances of emergency care/death remain statistically very, very low. This is the type of data people should be weighing up and basing their decisions on. Not whether or not they will be able to go to a restaurant/football match/funeral etc.

If someone sees the benefit of a vaccine and makes their personal choice based on medical reasons, not social coercion then that is 100% down to them and the way things should be. The COVID vaccine, now data is becoming clearer on the dangers of the virus and the efficacy of the vaccines, should be the equivalent of the influenza vaccine. If you are vulnerable you should consider taking it. If you want that peace of mind and think there is no risk in the vaccine you should take it.

If you don't want/can't take it for whatever reason that is not the business of anyone other than yourself, your doctor and your maker.

Anyway, sorry for the long reply - the data you asked for is below.

:thumbup:

Additional columns in the table:

Cases presenting to emergency care (within 28 days of a positive test) resulting in overnight inpatient admission, by specimen date between week 49 and week 52 2021

Screenshot 2022-01-08 at 13.15.14.png
Screenshot 2022-01-08 at 13.15.14.png (51.48 KiB) Viewed 6175 times

• Statistical likelihood of requiring emergency care for vaccinated - 0.12%
  • Statistical likelihood of requiring emergency care for unvaccinated - 0.62%

Death within 28 days of positive COVID-19 test by date of death between week 49 and week 52 2021

Screenshot 2022-01-08 at 13.15.22.png
Screenshot 2022-01-08 at 13.15.22.png (53.88 KiB) Viewed 6175 times

• Statistical likelihood of dying within 28 days for vaccinated - 0.06%
  • Statistical likelihood of dying within 28 days for unvaccinated - 0.33%

Death within 60 days of positive COVID-19 test by date of death between week 49 and week 52 2021

Screenshot 2022-01-08 at 13.15.30.png
Screenshot 2022-01-08 at 13.15.30.png (56.47 KiB) Viewed 6175 times

• Statistical likelihood of dying within 60 days for vaccinated - 0.08%
  • Statistical likelihood of dying within 60 days for unvaccinated - 0.36%

All data is taken directly from the COVID-19 vaccine surveillance report Week 1 which is available here https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... 1_2022.pdf

As I say I encourage everyone to draw their own conclusions either way, but I just think people should do so based on the data rather than media headlines which is why I've made a point in a few posts on this thread lately that just share the data.

:ayatollah:
ealing_ayatollah

Re: UPDATED DAILY : UK CORONAVIRUS - UPDATED 08/01/22

Postby C. Rombie-Coat » Sat Jan 08, 2022 6:18 pm

There is a problem with the hospitalisation and death rates. This relates to the statistical definitions.

1 .There is no differentiation between death ‘with ‘Covid and ‘death because of ‘Covid.’ I can provide a recent example of this in that a friend of my mother in law was in hospital and died under palliative care with two cancers. The cause of death was quite amazingly recorded as ‘Covid.’

2. It has been acknowledged that many patients enter hospital ‘clean’ as it were and are infected with Covid/tested positive during their stay. This is not at all surprising bearing in mind the historic incidence of nosocomial infections pre-Covid.

3. Jabbees who may die in hospital for whatever reason are classed as ‘unjabbed’ if this occurs within 28 days of the last injection (skews the VAERS statistics).
I wonder at what point the definition of ‘fully vaccinated ‘will change to include only recipients of 3 jabs? I believe in Israel they are up to 4 or 5.

4.Broadly speaking the annual total (and excess)mortality figures have been broadly following the same trend line as shown in the figures below for the period 1990-2020. Obviously there are seasonal peaks and troughs and some years are higher than others. Also bear in mind the increased UK population since the start of the period. I have seen this expressed graphically but could not find the link.

https://www.ons.gov.uk/aboutus/transpar ... 1990to2020

I could not find the 2021 figures by annual or monthly totals on the same basis as above. I do not believe the basic graph will differ.
Ivor Cummins used to update these numbers for free on his podcasts but unfortunately it seems he’s now monetised his site.

https://thefatemperor.com/time-to-think ... and-clear/

I have linked to @stasjamie previously. He provides a good and expert commentary and analysis and does have a graph for UK 2021 Covid related and makes the point about hospitalisations ‘with Covid’ and nosocomial positive tests/infections.

https://twitter.com/statsjamie/status/1 ... 4283930626

5. There is a major question over the accuracy of the tests(in and out of hospital), particularly the PCR tests which were not designed for this purpose and have been set at levels which will pick up all kind of viral deposits e.g. from normal colds etc.

This has been a fundamental issue of Pandemic v ‘Casedemic.’

What we do hear anecdotally is deaths increasing through untreated and undiagnosed cancers etc which was predicted by many as an expected outcome of the NHS reducing service.

And if the tests and the test result stats are questionable? Again I ask the question. Load of bollocks or red herring? What else is happening to which most people are not paying attention?
C. Rombie-Coat

Re: UPDATED DAILY : UK CORONAVIRUS - UPDATED 09/01/22

Postby TopCat CCFC » Sun Jan 09, 2022 12:47 am

Cardiff: Six Nations loss due to Covid rules could 'devastate economy' -

If Wales' Six Nations rugby games are not held in Cardiff it would be financially devastating, businesses say.

Wales are due to play three fixtures in the capital, but Welsh Covid rules state fans are not allowed to attend sports events.

The Welsh Rugby Union has considered playing its home games in England where crowds are allowed.

Wales' first minister said he would review Covid restrictions weekly.

Mark Drakeford warned the "storm of Omicron has arrived in Wales" and the country had "a tough few weeks ahead", as he announced Covid rules would remain in Wales.

But after almost two years of Covid restrictions, business owners have warned not having a big Six Nations rugby pay day could be the final straw for hospitality.
TopCat CCFC

Re: UPDATED DAILY : UK CORONAVIRUS - UPDATED 11/01/22

Postby TopCat CCFC » Tue Jan 11, 2022 12:43 am

'100 invited' to Downing Street garden lockdown drinks -

As many as 100 people were invited to a "bring-your-own-booze" drinks event in the Downing Street garden during the first lockdown, it is understood.

Witnesses have told the BBC the PM and his wife attended the gathering on 20 May 2020.

But Boris Johnson has declined to say whether he was among those there.

The Metropolitan Police said it was in contact with the government over "widespread reporting relating to alleged breaches" of Covid rules.

An email, revealed by ITV News, invited people to "socially distanced drinks in the No 10 garden this evening".

It was sent when lockdown restrictions were still in place. It was only 12 days later - on 1 June - that rules in England were relaxed to allow groups of up to six people to meet outside.
TopCat CCFC

Postby piledriver64 » Tue Jan 11, 2022 8:13 am

TopCat CCFC wrote:'100 invited' to Downing Street garden lockdown drinks -

As many as 100 people were invited to a "bring-your-own-booze" drinks event in the Downing Street garden during the first lockdown, it is understood.

Witnesses have told the BBC the PM and his wife attended the gathering on 20 May 2020.

The Metropolitan Police said it was in contact with the government over "widespread reporting relating to alleged breaches" of Covid rules.

An email, revealed by ITV News, invited people to "socially distanced drinks in the No 10 garden this evening".

It was sent when lockdown restrictions were still in place. It was only 12 days later - on 1 June - that rules in England were relaxed to allow groups of up to six people to meet outside.

This is now getting undefendable. Whatever your politics people have to see the contempt that this government is treating the electorate with.

Imagine if this had been that idiot Corbyn, he’d have been hounded out within a couple of weeks.

Johnson’s position is now untenable, he’s lost his party and the majority of the electorate.

The Tories would get back in if there was an election tomorrow because there doesn’t seem to be a strong enough opposition but if this carries on a lot of the party will get increasingly concerned about the polls and even Boris can’t survive without his party.

The inquiry has to be completed before anything really happens but Boris will be in a bad spot if some of the accusations are proven.
piledriver64

Postby ealing_ayatollah » Tue Jan 11, 2022 10:08 am

piledriver64 wrote:

This is now getting undefendable. Whatever your politics people have to see the contempt that this government is treating the electorate with.

Imagine if this had been that idiot Corbyn, he’d have been hounded out within a couple of weeks.

Johnson’s position is now untenable, he’s lost his party and the majority of the electorate.

The Tories would get back in if there was an election tomorrow because there doesn’t seem to be a strong enough opposition but if this carries on a lot of the party will get increasingly concerned about the polls and even Boris can’t survive without his party.

The inquiry has to be completed before anything really happens but Boris will be in a bad spot if some of the accusations are proven.

100% agree. One thing this whole damn saga has done is lift the veil on the bare-faced hypocrisy within the political class of all stripes.

They think they are above us and sadly everytime we keep voting them all in because of the colour of the tie they where or the polished lies they spout in front of the TV cameras in campaign season.

Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting for what to have for dinner.
ealing_ayatollah

Postby piledriver64 » Tue Jan 11, 2022 11:15 am

ealing_ayatollah wrote:
piledriver64 wrote:

100% agree. One thing this whole damn saga has done is lift the veil on the bare-faced hypocrisy within the political class of all stripes.

They think they are above us and sadly everytime we keep voting them all in because of the colour of the tie they where or the polished lies they spout in front of the TV cameras in campaign season.

:thumbright:

I'm in my late 50s and even I'm astounded at the level of hypocrisy being exhibited by the current generation of politicians.

The latest accusation is so blatant (e-mails and staff even questioning whether they were serious !) you can only conclude that they didn't really care about any consequences because they thought they could ride it out even if it was uncovered !

Either that or they're more stupid than even I thought :roll: :lol: :lol:
piledriver64

Postby maccydee » Tue Jan 11, 2022 1:06 pm

There is rightly indignation at the politicians who turned a blind eye to the parties etc but it also shows up that the top of the civil service think themselves above the law too. We don’t even vote for these clowns.

Shocking all round.
maccydee

Postby Bluebina » Tue Jan 11, 2022 5:41 pm

ealing_ayatollah wrote:
piledriver64 wrote:

Agreed, they do it because they can almost always get away with it, but Boris has underestimated his enemies and the Tories are ruthless, Cummings and others are getting their own back for their sackings and demotions!

I am a bit surprised that people thought they wouldn't be having gatherings and cheating some of the rules, as probably more than half the country broke one rule or another during the pandemic, and the people in charge have always done whatever it is they want?

I think his days are numbered he is in the job as a serial campaign winner, as soon as that's in doubt they will be looking for a new leader quicker than Roman Abramovich, they are probably plotting the replacement ready for the Summer!
Bluebina

Postby Bluebina » Tue Jan 11, 2022 5:44 pm

Good news :thumbup:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... tions.html

Daily Covid cases see biggest fall in Omicron outbreak: UK reports 120,821 new infections in 45% fall in a week as expert says Britain is 'closest country in northern hemisphere to exiting pandemic'
Marks the sixth day in row that infections have fallen week-on-week and strongly suggests Omicron subsiding
Another 379 Covid deaths were also registered across the UK today, up on the low figure of 48 last Tuesday
Professor David Heymann, an epidemiologist from the LSHTM, said UK could be first to tame the pandemic
Bluebina

Postby BLUE54 » Tue Jan 11, 2022 6:52 pm

Apparently a certain amount of the 379 cases were from before Christmas when due to "technical reasons" they were not counted then. So an artificially high count for yesterday. They did not specify how many.
BLUE54

Postby BLUE54 » Tue Jan 11, 2022 6:56 pm

Bluebina wrote:
ealing_ayatollah wrote:
piledriver64 wrote:

Agreed, they do it because they can almost always get away with it, but Boris has underestimated his enemies and the Tories are ruthless, Cummings and others are getting their own back for their sackings and demotions!

I am a bit surprised that people thought they wouldn't be having gatherings and cheating some of the rules, as probably more than half the country broke one rule or another during the pandemic, and the people in charge have always done whatever it is they want?

I think his days are numbered he is in the job as a serial campaign winner, as soon as that's in doubt they will be looking for a new leader quicker than Roman Abramovich, they are probably plotting the replacement ready for the Summer!

I always expected Boris to be jettisoned after Brexit was done. I believe he was only voted into the Tory leadership to "Get Brexit Done" as he put it. Then, Covid appeared on the scene and I guess no one in the Tory party wanted to run the country then. Now it seems an ideal opportunity to do the deed and get rid. :thumbup:
BLUE54

Re: UPDATED DAILY : UK CORONAVIRUS - UPDATED 12/01/22

Postby C. Rombie-Coat » Wed Jan 12, 2022 9:55 pm

Regarding this latest media storm - they must have had this info months ago- the question no-one seems to ask is 'at a point where we couldn't have VE Day celebrations and the population were being panicked over a 'killer virus', why did you think it safe enough to have a party when you told everyone it wasn't?'

The obvious, logical, answer is , of course , they knew it wasn't what you were being told.

There's more.

I posted about the jab stats a few days back.

Here is an excellent summary graph of England/Wales weekly deaths between 1983 and 2021.
(Year start to end ,left to right).

https://twitter.com/OutsideAllan/status ... 48/photo/1

As you will see the trend lines are as I described. The Spring 2020 ‘Covid peak’ follows a low mortality period in the previous year Autumn/Winter (i.e. the weather was mild and old people lived who in most years would have died in the Autumn).

And of course you may not remember – and sure as eggs are eggs it will be memory-holed-the care home death peak as the aged were thrown out of hospital into unprepared care homes. And not forgetting Midazolam use which is a scandal waiting to break if any reporters are brave enough.

Note the Autumn deaths in 1989 were almost as high as the 2020 spring peak as described above. There were 5 years in the period prior to 2020 when the early year deaths were almost as high.

Where’s the Pandemic?

The total death figures are (so far at least) the ones they don’t/can’t fiddle.
C. Rombie-Coat

Re: UPDATED DAILY : UK CORONAVIRUS - UPDATED 13/01/22

Postby TopCat CCFC » Thu Jan 13, 2022 12:38 am

Boris Johnson: Senior Tories urge PM to quit after party apology -

Boris Johnson is facing calls from senior Tories to stand down as prime minister after he admitted attending a drinks party during lockdown.

The PM apologised for the way he had handled the event in the Downing Street garden in 2020 and said he understood the public's "rage" over it.

Cabinet members including deputy PM Dominic Raab rallied round Mr Johnson.

But Scottish Tory leader Douglas Ross and senior backbenchers William Wragg and Caroline Nokes called on him to go.

Mr Ross, an MP and an MSP, said he had a "difficult conversation" with Mr Johnson after the PM's apology to MPs earlier on Wednesday.

He said he would write to the 1922 Committee - which organises Tory leadership contests - to register his lack of confidence in the PM.

"He is the prime minister, it is his government that put these rules in place, and he has to be held to account for his actions," he said.

If 54 backbench Conservative MPs send letters to the 1922 committee it will trigger a leadership challenge.

Ministers have urged MPs to wait for the outcome of an investigation into alleged Covid-rule breaking at Downing Street parties by senior civil servant Sue Gray, which they say will be published shortly.
TopCat CCFC

Re: UPDATED DAILY : UK CORONAVIRUS - UPDATED 14/01/22

Postby TopCat CCFC » Fri Jan 14, 2022 12:40 am

Boris Johnson's staff accused of more rule-breaking parties inside No 10 -

Downing Street staff have been accused of holding two leaving parties in No 10 on the eve of the Duke of Edinburgh's funeral.

The Telegraph reported the gatherings were made up of around 30 people, drinking alcohol and dancing to music until the early hours.

Restrictions at the time still banned indoor mixing between different households.

No 10 have not denied the events took place on 16 April 2021.

They did confirm Boris Johnson's former director of communications, James Slack, "gave a farewell speech" to thank colleagues ahead of taking up a new role as deputy editor of The Sun newspaper.

Mr Johnson was not at either gathering as he was spending the weekend at his country estate, Chequers.

But the latest revelations come as he faces fury from his own party over attending a drinks gathering in the Downing Street garden during the first lockdown.
TopCat CCFC

PreviousNext

Return to General Chat