UPDATED DAILY : UK CORONAVIRUS - UPDATED 29/10/22

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: UPDATED DAILY : UK CORONAVIRUS - UPDATED 18/09/20

Postby A Quiet Monkfish » Fri Sep 18, 2020 1:25 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
A Quiet Monkfish wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:W.H.O say the levels of infections in Europe are higher than at its peak in march? But funny enough doesn't give indication of deaths even though must have the details this seems to be the theme with authorities extenuating the negatives not positives....

WHO, health bodies, NHS, professors, Doctors, et al. They're all having the time of their lives leading our Government [and most others] around on a proverbial lead.

There is a huge body of opinion amongst top scientists and epidemiologists that runs completely counter to what we've been told and what we've experienced and how Govts have reacted these past 7 months. Trouble is, those views are being kept in the margins, not aired on mainstream media, and when they do get a sniff of publicity are shouted down..

What's happening now will happen again once restrictions are lifted again! Then what do same again and again until covid is non existent? At some point someone as to have the balls to say we need to come out of restrictions and manage virus as it happens ..... otherwise we may as well all stay at home vegitating! A vaccine is not a formality in next 6months or more and maybe never.

Here's a thought . I remember the no. of cases in Caerphilly County were recorded as something like 53.7 per 100,000. [I may have the wrong number, but bear with me]. So how many people are tested to obtain that figure ? First of all, how can it be point something ? Then also, if they tested say 1000 in the County and 1 comes back positive [ even though might be a 'dead virus'] , then that would make it 100 per 100,000, which clearly is double what the Welsh Govt. claim. Maybe I'm missing something ??
A Quiet Monkfish

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Postby skidemin » Fri Sep 18, 2020 2:11 pm

A Quiet Monkfish wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
A Quiet Monkfish wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:W.H.O say the levels of infections in Europe are higher than at its peak in march? But funny enough doesn't give indication of deaths even though must have the details this seems to be the theme with authorities extenuating the negatives not positives....

WHO, health bodies, NHS, professors, Doctors, et al. They're all having the time of their lives leading our Government [and most others] around on a proverbial lead.

There is a huge body of opinion amongst top scientists and epidemiologists that runs completely counter to what we've been told and what we've experienced and how Govts have reacted these past 7 months. Trouble is, those views are being kept in the margins, not aired on mainstream media, and when they do get a sniff of publicity are shouted down..

What's happening now will happen again once restrictions are lifted again! Then what do same again and again until covid is non existent? At some point someone as to have the balls to say we need to come out of restrictions and manage virus as it happens ..... otherwise we may as well all stay at home vegitating! A vaccine is not a formality in next 6months or more and maybe never.

Here's a thought . I remember the no. of cases in Caerphilly County were recorded as something like 53.7 per 100,000. [I may have the wrong number, but bear with me]. So how many people are tested to obtain that figure ? First of all, how can it be point something ? Then also, if they tested say 1000 in the County and 1 comes back positive [ even though might be a 'dead virus'] , then that would make it 100 per 100,000, which clearly is double what the Welsh Govt. claim. Maybe I'm missing something ??

you get the decimal point because your not testing in exact blocks of 100k.. but your spot on regarding the accuracy.. 1 positive caused by a dead virus in every 4000 tests would reduce that to nearly half , but more importantly ive never seen anything judged so disproportionally anywhere else... to judge this responsibly it should be results from a certain amount of tests taken from defined sections of population...and then measured againt an equal amount of tests taken from a similar cross section previously.. i dont get it...and do not understand those swallowing it....these same people would go up the wall if the season ends with us 2nd but the EFL then decides Swansea can play 20 extra games all at home against the bottom 3 clubs to get more positive results and overtake us... so its not like they are thick, its just they prefer to turn a blind eye .
skidemin

Postby TopCat CCFC » Fri Sep 18, 2020 3:10 pm

UK records further 4,322 coronavirus cases

A further 4,322 coronavirus cases and 27 deaths have been reported in the UK, according to the government's daily figures.

This is the highest number of cases reported since 8 May, when there were 4,649 cases.
TopCat CCFC

Postby A Quiet Monkfish » Fri Sep 18, 2020 3:40 pm

TopCat CCFC wrote:UK records further 4,322 coronavirus cases

A further 4,322 coronavirus cases and 27 deaths have been reported in the UK, according to the government's daily figures.

This is the highest number of cases reported since 8 May, when there were 4,649 cases.

There's bound to be more cases. The virus wasn't going to just vanish because of the earlier lockdowns. You could see 10,000, 20,000 new cases, but providing the death rate remains low - as it seems to be - then we should treat this as a positive.
A Quiet Monkfish

Postby pembroke allan » Fri Sep 18, 2020 5:39 pm

Its started again? They are saying in worse case scenario there could be 6k deaths by xmas in wales! The fear machine is starting to go into overdrive..... had similar at start of pandemic but never materialised,. :o
pembroke allan

Postby A Quiet Monkfish » Fri Sep 18, 2020 7:10 pm

pembroke allan wrote:Its started again? They are saying in worse case scenario there could be 6k deaths by xmas in wales! The fear machine is starting to go into overdrive..... had similar at start of pandemic but never materialised,. :o

It's relentless. The 'experts' change their minds almost on a daily basis, and of course the Govt. moves with them, every step forward, every step back. Not one single word of conviction about how and when this will end/pan out, so let's prepare and react for worst-case-scenario , so the cure ends up worse than the disease..
A Quiet Monkfish

Postby pembroke allan » Fri Sep 18, 2020 8:03 pm

A Quiet Monkfish wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:Its started again? They are saying in worse case scenario there could be 6k deaths by xmas in wales! The fear machine is starting to go into overdrive..... had similar at start of pandemic but never materialised,. :o

It's relentless. The 'experts' change their minds almost on a daily basis, and of course the Govt. moves with them, every step forward, every step back. Not one single word of conviction about how and when this will end/pan out, so let's prepare and react for worst-case-scenario , so the cure ends up worse than the disease..

Theres absolutely no positive from them....there is going to be lockdown in next couple of weeks in such & such area , no mention of number of deaths or lack of deaths! They are going to back themselves into a corner and release lockdown when probably not safe to do so because no one want to go to work or businesses will go bust because of no customers, already talk of 900k redundancies by xmas..
pembroke allan

Postby skidemin » Fri Sep 18, 2020 10:57 pm

most positive tests since the 8th of May...

but 20 times as many tests....

27 deaths today .. and 589 on the 8th of May..

VACANCY AT WAG....wanted...someone that can join 2 dots.
skidemin

Postby pembroke allan » Sat Sep 19, 2020 12:17 am

Expert on gvmnt advisory committee "SAGE" is blaming gvmnt policies for spike in covid? He says boris's speech telling people to go back to work and opening pubs ect is cause of increase...... mmmmm another expert who thinks people should sit in house and not go out until told to do so by politicians..... becoming trend past week implying that we vegitate at home. :shock:
pembroke allan

Postby skidemin » Sat Sep 19, 2020 1:22 am

pembroke allan wrote:Expert on gvmnt advisory committee "SAGE" is blaming gvmnt policies for spike in covid? He says boris's speech telling people to go back to work and opening pubs ect is cause of increase...... mmmmm another expert who thinks people should sit in house and not go out until told to do so by politicians..... becoming trend past week implying that we vegitate at home. :shock:

government scientific advisors were saying back in May that the actual infections were likely to be 20 times more than the official figures due to the amount of people getting this very mildly or were asymptomatic...

so if it was 4k times 20 back then with low testing mainly in hospitals how is it a spike now when more or less anyone can be tested.. its as if they are a bunch of goldfish, twice around the bowl and forgot what they said... all western european countries who are giving a breakdown { we are not } are all reporting volume of positives up.. percentage of mild/asymptomatic cases up. and percentage of serious cases down....
skidemin

Postby pembroke allan » Sat Sep 19, 2020 5:14 pm

skidemin wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:Expert on gvmnt advisory committee "SAGE" is blaming gvmnt policies for spike in covid? He says boris's speech telling people to go back to work and opening pubs ect is cause of increase...... mmmmm another expert who thinks people should sit in house and not go out until told to do so by politicians..... becoming trend past week implying that we vegitate at home. :shock:

government scientific advisors were saying back in May that the actual infections were likely to be 20 times more than the official figures due to the amount of people getting this very mildly or were asymptomatic...

so if it was 4k times 20 back then with low testing mainly in hospitals how is it a spike now when more or less anyone can be tested.. its as if they are a bunch of goldfish, twice around the bowl and forgot what they said... all western european countries who are giving a breakdown { we are not } are all reporting volume of positives up.. percentage of mild/asymptomatic cases up. and percentage of serious cases down....

It's a total mess wouldn't say it's gvmnt fault but to many so called experts want their say and opinions which is distorting true figures!
Whats not in dispute is deaths are not coalating with infections like at the beginning... so are the authorities panicking just because rise in infection as apposed to deaths?
pembroke allan

Re: UPDATED DAILY : UK CORONAVIRUS - UPDATED 19/09/20

Postby TopCat CCFC » Sat Sep 19, 2020 9:19 pm

Covid: PM considering new restrictions amid second coronavirus wave

Boris Johnson is spending the weekend considering whether to tighten Covid-19 measures in England, after saying the UK was "now seeing a second wave".

The government is understood to be looking at a ban on households mixing, and reducing opening hours for pubs.

At least 13.5 million people, roughly one in five of the UK population, are already facing local restrictions.

Former government adviser Prof Neil Ferguson said new measures were needed "sooner rather than later".

The scientist, whose advice was crucial to the decision to go into lockdown in March, said: "If we leave it another two to four weeks, we will be back at [infection] levels we were seeing more like mid-March.

"That's clearly going to cause deaths because people will be hospitalised," he told the BBC.

Mr Johnson only has direct power over restrictions in England. The devolved governments in Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland can set their own rules.
TopCat CCFC

Postby bluesince62 » Sat Sep 19, 2020 11:50 pm

TopCat CCFC wrote:UK records further 4,322 coronavirus cases

But on may 20th,the uk had only carried out 1.8m tests only just reaching the 100,00 test a day target,failing on 7 of 19 days to reach the target set.how many are they testing these days? Is it still 100,000 a day? Is this what is causing a stir,as to the amount,and varied result speculation regards testing equipment?
Well at least the scientific world will have enough people to run anti body tests on! As their worry a little while back was ,the virus was slowing down too fast to adequately run valid testing. :old: :bluebird:
bluesince62

Re: UPDATED DAILY : UK CORONAVIRUS - UPDATED 20/09/20

Postby Forever Blue » Sun Sep 20, 2020 3:38 pm

SATURDAY 19th SEPTEMBER 2020

UK

4,422 New Virus cases

27 New deaths

SUNDAY 20TH SEPTEMBER 2020

UK

3,899 New virus cases

18 New deaths
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Re: UPDATED DAILY : UK CORONAVIRUS - UPDATED 20/09/20

Postby TopCat CCFC » Sun Sep 20, 2020 10:28 pm

Hancock: Follow Covid rules or they will get tougher

Restrictions will get tougher if rules are not followed, Matt Hancock says, as £10,000 fines for those who fail to self-isolate are introduced in England.

The health secretary told the BBC's Andrew Marr show the country was facing a "tipping point and we have a choice".

The prime minister is understood to be considering a ban on households mixing, and reducing opening hours for pubs.

On Monday there will be a briefing on the latest coronavirus data led by two of the government's leading scientists.

In the broadcast, at about 11:00 BST on Monday, Prof Chris Whitty, the UK government's chief medical adviser, with Sir Patrick Vallance, the government's chief scientific adviser, is expected to say the trend in the UK "is heading in the wrong direction" with the country at a "critical point in the pandemic".

"We are looking at the data to see how to manage the spread of the virus ahead of a very challenging winter period," Prof Whitty is due to say.

Earlier, asked if England could face another national lockdown, Mr Hancock said: "I don't rule it out, I don't want to see it."

"If everybody follows the rules then we can avoid further national lockdown," he said.
TopCat CCFC

Re: UPDATED DAILY : UK CORONAVIRUS - UPDATED 21/09/20

Postby TopCat CCFC » Mon Sep 21, 2020 11:37 am

Covid lockdown for Newport, Bridgend, Merthyr Tydfil and Blaenau Gwent

Four more counties in south Wales will go into lockdown from 18:00 BST on Tuesday.

Merthyr Tydfil, Bridgend, Blaenau Gwent and Newport will have the same restrictions as Rhondda Cynon Taf.

People will not be able to enter or leave the areas concerned without a reasonable excuse, including to work if you cannot do so from home.

Licensed premises like pubs will need to shut by 23:00 every night, with that rule also extended to Caerphilly.
TopCat CCFC

Postby dorsetblue » Mon Sep 21, 2020 1:27 pm

TopCat CCFC wrote:Covid lockdown for Newport, Bridgend, Merthyr Tydfil and Blaenau Gwent

Four more counties in south Wales will go into lockdown from 18:00 BST on Tuesday.

Merthyr Tydfil, Bridgend, Blaenau Gwent and Newport will have the same restrictions as Rhondda Cynon Taf.

People will not be able to enter or leave the areas concerned without a reasonable excuse, including to work if you cannot do so from home.

Licensed premises like pubs will need to shut by 23:00 every night, with that rule also extended to Caerphilly.

So does this mean effectively I can't drive from England to Cardiff through Newport now? I have elderly parents in Penylan. Or am I OK if I don't stop in Newport (not that I would anyway)!!!!
dorsetblue

Postby skidemin » Mon Sep 21, 2020 2:00 pm

dorsetblue wrote:
TopCat CCFC wrote:Covid lockdown for Newport, Bridgend, Merthyr Tydfil and Blaenau Gwent

So does this mean effectively I can't drive from England to Cardiff through Newport now? I have elderly parents in Penylan. Or am I OK if I don't stop in Newport (not that I would anyway)!!!!

yes mate...if you scroll down to the map it says yoiu can travel through just above it... https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-54234993
skidemin

Postby pembroke allan » Mon Sep 21, 2020 3:03 pm

skidemin wrote:
dorsetblue wrote:

yes mate...if you scroll down to the map it says yoiu can travel through just above it... https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-54234993

But dont stop at magor services! :D
pembroke allan

Postby Big Hill Blue » Mon Sep 21, 2020 5:07 pm

One of the unnecessary talking heads of our Welsh news (Owain Phillips the political correspondent) just said he suspects covid is being transferred through the community.

No sh't Sherlock.
Big Hill Blue

Postby TopCat CCFC » Mon Sep 21, 2020 9:55 pm

Covid: UK coronavirus alert level moving to 4

The UK's coronavirus alert level is being upgraded from 3 to 4, meaning transmission is "high or rising exponentially", its chief medical officers have said.

It comes after the government's scientific adviser warned there could be 50,000 new coronavirus cases a day by mid-October without further action.

On Monday, a further 4,368 daily cases were reported in the UK, up from 3,899.

The prime minister will make a statement in the Commons on Tuesday.

BBC political editor Laura Kuenssberg said it sounded "very likely" that pubs and other venues in England will be forced to have 22:00 closing times, alongside other measures.

In a statement confirming their recommendation on moving to level 4, the chief medical officers for England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland said cases were now "rising rapidly and probably exponentially in significant parts of all four nations".
TopCat CCFC

Re: UPDATED DAILY : UK CORONAVIRUS - UPDATED 22/09/20

Postby pembroke allan » Tue Sep 22, 2020 5:46 pm

What a load of hogwash the regulations are becoming? Only 15 at wedding but mass can have as many as practical.... cant meet reletives inside house but can pop to pub to do so! Cant go to sports events outside but can hold March with countless people in it, cant move in out of areas in eng but can come to wales for holiday ect ect list is endless... :o
pembroke allan

Postby pembroke allan » Tue Sep 22, 2020 5:53 pm

School in blaina closed for 2wks because so many teachers self isolating because of 2 cases of covid in school!! Must have been after teachers orgy to have so many teachers self isolate for just 2 cases? As normally only close contact means need to isolate! ... :o
pembroke allan

Postby Big Hill Blue » Tue Sep 22, 2020 6:12 pm

pembroke allan wrote:School in blaina closed for 2wks because so many teachers self isolating because of 2 cases of covid in school!! Must have been after teachers orgy to have so many teachers self isolate for just 2 cases? As normally only close contact means need to isolate! ... :o

Blaina....only 1 family live there. 6 fingers etc.
Big Hill Blue

Postby pembroke allan » Tue Sep 22, 2020 7:23 pm

Big Hill Blue wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:School in blaina closed for 2wks because so many teachers self isolating because of 2 cases of covid in school!! Must have been after teachers orgy to have so many teachers self isolate for just 2 cases? As normally only close contact means need to isolate! ... :o

Big family? :laughing5:
pembroke allan

Postby Big Hill Blue » Tue Sep 22, 2020 7:25 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
Big Hill Blue wrote:

Big family? :laughing5:

No. One big interrelated mob
Big Hill Blue

Postby TopCat CCFC » Tue Sep 22, 2020 9:42 pm

Covid: Pubs in Wales to close at 22:00 from Thursday

Pubs, cafes and restaurants in Wales will have to shut at 22:00 every night under new measures to control the rising rate of coronavirus.

The rules, to come into force on Thursday, follow a decision by the UK government to do the same in England.

In a broadcast address, First Minister Mark Drakeford called for people to avoid unnecessary travel.

Sales of alcohol from off-licences and supermarkets after 22:00 will also be stopped.

Hospitality businesses will be required to provide table service only.

In the recorded statement, Mr Drakeford said there was a very real possibility that Wales could see the virus "regain a foothold in our local communities, towns and cities".

"This is a highly infectious virus, we cannot let it take a hold of our lives again. We have come too far to let that happen," he said.
TopCat CCFC

Re: UPDATED DAILY : UK CORONAVIRUS - UPDATED 23/09/20

Postby Forever Blue » Wed Sep 23, 2020 4:07 pm

Daily New Virus UK

41,862 deaths

Over 6,178 new cases
Yesterday 4,926

1,469 now in hospitals

37 new deaths

Scotland a new record daily virus today 486
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Postby pembroke allan » Wed Sep 23, 2020 7:00 pm

Talk of pubs being cause of infection looks like being in hospital is just as dangerous for catching covid... :o
pembroke allan

Postby TopCat CCFC » Wed Sep 23, 2020 7:01 pm

Pub curfew sees Liverpool vs Arsenal brought forward

Liverpool's Premier League home match with Arsenal has been brought forward by 15 minutes to finish before the new UK pub curfew.

On Tuesday, the UK prime minister announced that all hospitality venues in England must have a 22:00 closing time from Thursday, to help curb the spread of coronavirus.

Liverpool's game on Monday will now kick off at 20:00 BST.

All future midweek Premier League games will now finish before 22:00.
TopCat CCFC

PreviousNext

Return to General Chat