Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: UPDATED DAILY : UK CORONAVIRUS - UPDATED 30/10/21

Sat Oct 30, 2021 4:44 pm

MR BIRCHGROVE wrote:Some agree with one while others prefer the alternative. But in all instances, including Ron DeSantis, they all agree that vaccination is essential. ;)

I didn't see the quote from DeSantis, or any others mentioned, where they stated that "vaccination is essential". Not saying they didn't but if you could link those quotes that would be helpful. Thanks in advance. :bluebird:

Re: UPDATED DAILY : UK CORONAVIRUS - UPDATED 30/10/21

Sun Oct 31, 2021 1:36 pm

TheHangedMan wrote:
MR BIRCHGROVE wrote:Some agree with one while others prefer the alternative. But in all instances, including Ron DeSantis, they all agree that vaccination is essential. ;)

I didn't see the quote from DeSantis, or any others mentioned, where they stated that "vaccination is essential". Not saying they didn't but if you could link those quotes that would be helpful. Thanks in advance. :bluebird:

I'm not too clever at linking videos I'm afraid, but on searching my history I came across his coronavirus briefing update dated 3/8/20.

I found it again by typing in my search heading ---- Florida Gov Ron Desantis gives covid update youtube 3/8/20.
It was the second video of three, lasting 6 minutes 54 seconds.

He appears to speak very positively about the reduction in mortality following the vaccine rollout with 'seniors first' rolling down the ages, just as we did in the UK.

When people speak so positively about the resulting statistics on mortality following the vaccine rollout such as Ron Desantis, Boris Johnson or Mark Drakeford I accept their view that it is the one positive action we can take to help reduce our chances of serious illness and death if we contracted coronavirus effecting you to its extreme.
In my eyes, the vaccine therefore becomes essential as I'm sure has been quoted by many a politician or health expert over the past months.

Perhaps you think mortality would have reduced naturally without the vaccine. Personally, I don't think it would.
Obviously, if you wish to interpret differently, that is your choice.

Re: UPDATED DAILY : UK CORONAVIRUS - UPDATED 31/10/21

Sun Oct 31, 2021 5:57 pm

I Apologise...the Ron Desantis update was 3/8/21....still suffering with yesterdays hangover following our second half performance. :ayatollah:

Sun Oct 31, 2021 6:21 pm

MR BIRCHGROVE wrote:I Apologise...the Ron Desantis update was 3/8/21....still suffering with yesterdays hangover following our second half performance. :ayatollah:

:D No problem. The bottom line is that it was never quoted. But I think you assumed that I was anti vax, I am not. Anybody who wishes to partake in the trial is fine by me.

My point was actually about how we now live our lives. At some stage there will be a tipping point. Us mere mortals will realise we have to get on with life regardless......rather than be dictated to week by week, threat by threat and fearmongering to justify the unjustifiable.

For the record, I am not anti vax, I have had many in my lifetime.....I just choose not to take this one. :bluebird:

Sun Oct 31, 2021 6:55 pm

TheHangedMan wrote:
MR BIRCHGROVE wrote:I Apologise...the Ron Desantis update was 3/8/21....still suffering with yesterdays hangover following our second half performance. :ayatollah:

:D No problem. The bottom line is that it was never quoted. But I think you assumed that I was anti vax, I am not. Anybody who wishes to partake in the trial is fine by me.

My point was actually about how we now live our lives. At some stage there will be a tipping point. Us mere mortals will realise we have to get on with life regardless......rather than be dictated to week by week, threat by threat and fearmongering to justify the unjustifiable.

For the record, I am not anti vax, I have had many in my lifetime.....I just choose not to take this one. :bluebird:

Glad to hear you're not anti-vax....but possibly anti-covid vax?

No need to justify your reasons as we've read plenty of that in your previous posts.

Most of us realise we can't afford to wait a few years to trial the outcome of this vaccine when the pandemic is with us now!

Fortunately for me, you and everyone else, we have been given the choice whether to protect ourselves with it now.....or not.

Finally, I have lost count of the times that Boris, Drakeford, Jimmy Krankie and company have told us how essential the vaccine programme is. I'm certain, after listening to Ron's positive comments about the vaccines on that video, he would also agree with them.

However, we are playing with words now. :wave:

Sun Oct 31, 2021 9:30 pm

MR BIRCHGROVE wrote:

Absolutely, I totally agree............I just don't want to play around with my natural immune system which has obviously served me well to date.. :bluebird:

Sun Oct 31, 2021 9:49 pm

TheHangedMan wrote:
MR BIRCHGROVE wrote:

Absolutely, I totally agree............I just don't want to play around with my natural immune system which has obviously served me well to date.. :bluebird:

Play around with it by strengthening it?

Re: UPDATED DAILY : UK CORONAVIRUS - UPDATED 01/11/21

Mon Nov 01, 2021 2:21 pm

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... finds.html

Re: UPDATED DAILY : UK CORONAVIRUS - UPDATED 03/11/21

Wed Nov 03, 2021 12:11 am

Wales v South Africa: Fans asked to wear masks at match -

Rugby supporters have been asked to wear masks inside the Principality Stadium for Saturday's international.

Wales take on South Africa in the second of their autumn tests, with more than 70,000 expected in Cardiff.

Restrictions were in place for the New Zealand game last Saturday, with all those attending having to show a Covid pass, as they will again this week.

Meanwhile, Health Minister Eluned Morgan said scenes of people mixing in Cardiff had left her concerned.

Mark Williams, manager of the Principality Stadium, praised the response of the public to entry requirements for the New Zealand match, adding it was "no easy task" getting everyone in before kick-off.

Mr Williams said: "As we look to next weekend and the game against South Africa, I'd like to remind all supporters to wear their masks when inside the stadium.

"Masks are one of the important ways to stopping the spread of Covid-19, so we urge all supporters to respect their fellow fans and keep their masks on when on the concourses."

Wed Nov 03, 2021 12:11 am

Wales v South Africa: Fans asked to wear masks at match -

Rugby supporters have been asked to wear masks inside the Principality Stadium for Saturday's international.

Wales take on South Africa in the second of their autumn tests, with more than 70,000 expected in Cardiff.

Restrictions were in place for the New Zealand game last Saturday, with all those attending having to show a Covid pass, as they will again this week.

Meanwhile, Health Minister Eluned Morgan said scenes of people mixing in Cardiff had left her concerned.

Mark Williams, manager of the Principality Stadium, praised the response of the public to entry requirements for the New Zealand match, adding it was "no easy task" getting everyone in before kick-off.

Mr Williams said: "As we look to next weekend and the game against South Africa, I'd like to remind all supporters to wear their masks when inside the stadium.

"Masks are one of the important ways to stopping the spread of Covid-19, so we urge all supporters to respect their fellow fans and keep their masks on when on the concourses."

Wed Nov 03, 2021 11:44 pm

:o

Thu Nov 04, 2021 12:46 am

TopCat CCFC wrote::o

Well that's not very enlightening!......what do you think? :D :bluebird:

Re: UPDATED DAILY : UK CORONAVIRUS - UPDATED 04/11/21

Thu Nov 04, 2021 3:27 am

Covid: Wales' rugby mask rules not effective, expert says - ( Updated :roll: )

Rules asking fans to wear face masks to Wales' autumn rugby internationals are "not effective", an academic has said.

Simon Williams from Swansea University said rules asking fans to wear masks in the stadium concourses but not in seats could be confusing.

Wearing masks on concourses is part of a number of Covid-related measures in place for Wales' four autumn matches.

On Tuesday, Principality Stadium manager Mark Williams urged fans to follow the rules on mask wearing.

He said: "As we look to next weekend and the game against South Africa, I'd like to remind all supporters to wear their masks when inside the stadium.

"Masks are one of the important ways to stopping the spread of Covid-19, so we urge all supporters to respect their fellow fans and keep their masks on when on the concourses.

Re: UPDATED DAILY : UK CORONAVIRUS - UPDATED 05/11/21

Fri Nov 05, 2021 1:25 am

Covid: Long way to go on booster jabs, says minister -

There is a very long way to go before all eligible people have received the Covid booster, the Welsh health minister has said.

Eluned Morgan's comments came as around a quarter of those eligible in Wales have had the injection so far.

Booster jab rates in Wales are currently the highest in the UK.

But there are concerns about delays in some areas, and people have said vaccination centres are difficult to travel to.

The Welsh government's target is to vaccinate the majority of the most vulnerable groups before the end of the year.

Health boards have been prioritising health and care workers, people with serious health conditions, and those over 80.

Fri Nov 05, 2021 6:01 am

TopCat CCFC wrote:Covid: Long way to go on booster jabs, says minister -

There is a very long way to go before all eligible people have received the Covid booster, the Welsh health minister has said.

Eluned Morgan's comments came as around a quarter of those eligible in Wales have had the injection so far.

But there are concerns about delays in some areas, and people have said vaccination centres are difficult to travel to.

The Welsh government's target is to vaccinate the majority of the most vulnerable groups before the end of the year.

Health boards have been prioritising health and care workers, people with serious health conditions, and those over 80.

I am getting totally confused by this latest spin. Are the government now actually saying the two jabs are worthless so the vaccinated now need to put another shot into their arm to sort it out?

My understanding was along the lines of "when you have your 2nd jab you are marching back to freedom". Well, it either shows I know nothing or I may have been right all along about the efficacy, or lack of therein.

When did the populous become pin cushions? :bluebird:

Re: UPDATED DAILY : UK CORONAVIRUS - UPDATED 06/11/21

Sat Nov 06, 2021 12:51 am

Covid-19: Pfizer's antiviral pill and face masks behaviour study -

An experimental pill to treat Covid developed by the US company Pfizer cuts the risk of hospitalisation or death by 89% in vulnerable adults, clinical trial results suggest. Paxlovid is intended for use soon after symptoms develop in people at high risk of severe disease. It comes a day after the UK medicines regulator approved a similar treatment from Merck Sharp and Dohme (MSD) called molnupiravir.

The UK has already ordered 250,000 courses of the Pfizer treatment along with another 480,000 courses of MSD's pill.

Sat Nov 06, 2021 10:28 am

TheHangedMan wrote:
TopCat CCFC wrote:Covid: Long way to go on booster jabs, says minister -

I am getting totally confused by this latest spin. Are the government now actually saying the two jabs are worthless so the vaccinated now need to put another shot into their arm to sort it out?

My understanding was along the lines of "when you have your 2nd jab you are marching back to freedom". Well, it either shows I know nothing or I may have been right all along about the efficacy, or lack of therein.

That’s not what they are saying at all.

Israel are way ahead of the UK. Smaller population there and they did the 3 or 4 week gap between jabs as opposed to 12 or 8 like the UK (and others did).

Israel have found that once double jabbed protection at the six month point remains high at about 89%. One month after it drops and continues to drop until it levels off at 43% at month four (ten months after second jab).

Therefore they have made the decision, based on science to give a booster jab at the six month to ensure protection lasts. The most vulnerable are those that are currently at the six month point after their second jab.

I would predict they will offer boosters to everyone.

Re: UPDATED DAILY : UK CORONAVIRUS - UPDATED 06/11/21

Sat Nov 06, 2021 11:01 am

Postby TheHangedMan » Fri Nov 05, 2021 6:01 am

TopCat CCFC wrote:
Covid: Long way to go on booster jabs, says minister -

Covid is a virus just like flu and there have been annual flu virus jabs for years and years.

A virus mutates so the annual jabs attempt to provide ongoing protection and anyone who listens to the news would have heard that boosters were going to be needed as more and more variants emerge, just like flu.

Re: UPDATED DAILY : UK CORONAVIRUS - UPDATED 08/11/21

Mon Nov 08, 2021 12:46 am

Covid: Ten million boosters now given in UK but more needed - PM -

It is vital that people get their "lifesaving" booster jabs to ensure protection through the winter, Prime Minister Boris Johnson has said.

So far more than 10 million people in the UK have had a top-up jab, which the PM said was "amazing".

But about 30% of over-80s and 40% of over-50s in England are yet to do so, according to government figures.

The health secretary said people should get their booster jabs to avoid restrictions over Christmas.

NHS England is preparing to invite another three million people for their booster jabs next week. Some 409,663 people in the UK received their third vaccine dose on Saturday, official figures show.

Booster jabs are available in the UK to anyone aged 50 and over, front-line health and social care workers and over-16s with some health conditions. They can get it six months - 182 days - after their second dose.

Re: UPDATED DAILY : UK CORONAVIRUS - UPDATED 08/11/21

Mon Nov 08, 2021 6:44 pm

TopCat CCFC wrote:Covid: Ten million boosters now given in UK but more needed - PM -

It is vital that people get their "lifesaving" booster jabs to ensure protection through the winter, Prime Minister Boris Johnson has said.

So far more than 10 million people in the UK have had a top-up jab, which the PM said was "amazing".

But about 30% of over-80s and 40% of over-50s in England are yet to do so, according to government figures.

The health secretary said people should get their booster jabs to avoid restrictions over Christmas.

NHS England is preparing to invite another three million people for their booster jabs next week. Some 409,663 people in the UK received their third vaccine dose on Saturday, official figures show.

Booster jabs are available in the UK to anyone aged 50 and over, front-line health and social care workers and over-16s with some health conditions. They can get it six months - 182 days - after their second dose.

It’s 180 days. Although we have turned people away who were 179 days which I found baffling. Computer says no though.

Re: UPDATED DAILY : UK CORONAVIRUS - UPDATED 10/11/21

Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:04 am

Covid pass extended to cinemas and theatres in Wales -

People going to cinemas and theatres in Wales will be required to show a Covid pass after the Welsh government won a vote in the Senedd.

Currently, visitors to nightclubs and large events have to show they are fully vaccinated, have tested negative for Covid or have recently had the virus to enter.

From Monday, it will be extended to cinemas, theatres and concert halls.

Labour ministers won the vote after Plaid Cymru backed the plans.

The new law passed with 39 Members of the Senedd voting for and 15 against, with the Welsh Conservatives and Liberal Democrat Jane Dodds opposed.

Re: UPDATED DAILY : UK CORONAVIRUS - UPDATED 12/11/21

Fri Nov 12, 2021 12:52 am

Covid-19: Vaccines to be compulsory for frontline NHS staff in England -

It will become compulsory for frontline NHS staff in England to be fully vaccinated against Covid, the health secretary has confirmed.

Sajid Javid told MPs that he expected to set a deadline for the beginning of April to give 103,000 unvaccinated workers time to get both jabs.

He said the move would help protect patients and the NHS as a whole.

But concerns have been raised that it could lead some workers to leave, adding to healthcare staffing issues.

More than 93% of NHS frontline staff have had their first dose and 90% are fully vaccinated, Javid said. That is higher than the general working-age population, where about 81% have had both doses.

Re: UPDATED DAILY : UK CORONAVIRUS - UPDATED 12/11/21

Fri Nov 12, 2021 7:34 am

Lockdown for unvaccinated in parts of Europe.

I think this will follow in this country.

Re: UPDATED DAILY : UK CORONAVIRUS - UPDATED 13/11/21

Sat Nov 13, 2021 12:27 am

UK bucks Europe Covid trend but concern over winter -

While many European countries are seeing steep rises in coronavirus cases and preparing to step up Covid restrictions, the UK has been going in the other direction.

Experts say differences in levels of immunity and people's behaviour are the likely explanations.

The UK had been seeing the highest rates of cases and deaths in Europe, but recently these have been falling.

However, Boris Johnson has warned there is no room for complacency.

The PM said the wave of infections sweeping across Europe was a reminder that the pandemic had not gone away.

He said: "I'm seeing the storm clouds gathering over parts of the European continent.

"What I'm saying today is that the urgency of getting that booster jab is more evident than ever.

"If we don't do it fast enough, we can see the potential risks to the state of the pandemic in what's happening in other parts of Europe."

Sun Nov 14, 2021 7:07 pm

TopCat CCFC wrote:UK bucks Europe Covid trend but concern over winter -

While many European countries are seeing steep rises in coronavirus cases and preparing to step up Covid restrictions, the UK has been going in the other direction.

Experts say differences in levels of immunity and people's behaviour are the likely explanations.

The UK had been seeing the highest rates of cases and deaths in Europe, but recently these have been falling.

The PM said the wave of infections sweeping across Europe was a reminder that the pandemic had not gone away.

He said: "I'm seeing the storm clouds gathering over parts of the European continent.

"What I'm saying today is that the urgency of getting that booster jab is more evident than ever.

"If we don't do it fast enough, we can see the potential risks to the state of the pandemic in what's happening in other parts of Europe."

Despite the UK doing very well in their own figures........the PM yet again decides that FEAR is the best policy. If I've said it once I've said it a million times......be scared, very scared........without that they have nothing. I will share this link again...

https://academyofideas.com/2015/11/fear ... al-control

As Plato said "ignorance is the root of misfortune!"

You are allowed to think for yourselves. :bluebird:

Sun Nov 14, 2021 10:05 pm

TheHangedMan wrote:

Despite the UK doing very well in their own figures........the PM yet again decides that FEAR is the best policy. If I've said it once I've said it a million times......be scared, very scared........without that they have nothing. I will share this link again...

Very long read but at end day it's just a plug for this organisation who want subscribers to boost their bank account... you on commission for plugging them on here?

Sun Nov 14, 2021 11:30 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
TheHangedMan wrote:

Very long read but at end day it's just a plug for this organisation who want subscribers to boost their bank account... you on commission for plugging them on here?

Sorry Al, I didn't subscribe to this free information, I just decided to expand my knowledge.

Are you saying we have to subscribe to read this truth? :bluebird:

Mon Nov 15, 2021 1:40 pm

They did suggest this would happen by unlocking in July.

We have so many people protected now be it with immunity from the virus or vaccines.

If you still think it’s made up and vaccines don’t help you are absolutely stupid or dangerous or both.

Re: UPDATED DAILY : UK CORONAVIRUS - UPDATED 16/11/21

Tue Nov 16, 2021 12:06 am

Covid vaccine: Wales to offer booster to over-40s -

Advice to roll out Covid jab boosters to the over-40s and offer a second dose to 16 and 17-year-olds has been accepted by the Welsh government.

It is hoped the changes will top-up people's protection and limit the spread of the virus during winter.

UK advisers said people aged 40-49 should be offered a booster at least six months after their last jab.

Wales' Health Minister Eluned Morgan said the government would work with the NHS "to take this advice forward".

Boosters are already being offered to people over the age of 50, frontline NHS and social care staff and people who are extremely vulnerable to Covid.

Latest figures show 626,012 people have had a booster vaccine.

Re: UPDATED DAILY : UK CORONAVIRUS - UPDATED 18/11/21

Thu Nov 18, 2021 12:16 am

Covid passes may be used to keep pubs open at Christmas -

Covid passes may be used over Christmas in order to keep pubs and restaurants open, the Welsh government has said.

But First Minister Mark Drakeford said no decision would be made on introducing the pass to the hospitality sector until early December.

Mr Drakeford made the comments as he unveiled the latest 21-day review of Covid regulations.

He said there would be no rule changes in the next three weeks, following the latest review on Thursday.

Mr Drakeford said the government would be "keeping the option of extending the use of the Covid pass" to the hospitality sector, if case rates climbed and pandemic pressures on the NHS increased.

"We will continue to monitor the public health situation and we will work with the hospitality sector as we prepare for Christmas," he added.