Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Covid 19 - How does it spread so easily?

Wed Mar 25, 2020 3:43 pm

A question that has baffled me. How does this virus spread so easily. They are saying it’s only from contact and coughing etc but it seems it’s much worse than that.

Anyone else think there is something or lots we aren’t being told?

Re: Covid 19 - How does it spread so easily?

Wed Mar 25, 2020 3:51 pm

There’s ALWAYS lots the general public are not being told from a whole range of subjects.

The government in conjunction with the NHS are moving things slowly so as not to cause panic. They prepare for things and then release news to the public at a later date.

Regarding this virus, I believe there’s no secret to the way it’s spreading.

Wed Mar 25, 2020 3:52 pm

maccydee wrote:A question that has baffled me. How does this virus spread so easily. They are saying it’s only from contact and coughing etc but it seems it’s much worse than that.

Apparently it lives longer on surfaces a lot longer than other similar viruses mate.

Wed Mar 25, 2020 6:25 pm

bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
maccydee wrote:A question that has baffled me. How does this virus spread so easily. They are saying it’s only from contact and coughing etc but it seems it’s much worse than that.

Apparently it lives longer on surfaces a lot longer than other similar viruses mate.

Ah ok.

Wed Mar 25, 2020 7:33 pm

maccydee wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:

Ah ok.

Dr John Campbell does some great videos on YouTube about the virus. In a recent one he spoke about a paper published in the New England Medical Journal (one of the pre-eminent medical journals in the world) that said the virus has a half life of 72 hours in plastic and stainless steel.
He really is worth a look - just search for him on YouTube.

Wed Mar 25, 2020 8:27 pm

1 person will infect 2.25 people and then those will go on and infect more and more - without them knowing .

It's as i said back in Jan - playing Touch You Got the Fever as kids - This Is Serious .....

We are dealing with a hidden virus - Stay Safe .

Fri Mar 27, 2020 5:53 pm

Our local postman? Seen him walking down the road with his granchildren today, after his daughter dropped them off, he will be back on the post tomorrow possibly infected his workmates or every letter he shoves through a letterbox ffs.

Sat Mar 28, 2020 8:46 pm

montyblue wrote:Our local postman? Seen him walking down the road with his granchildren today, after his daughter dropped them off, he will be back on the post tomorrow possibly infected his workmates or every letter he shoves through a letterbox ffs.

unfortunately many are in this position. if parents are key workers the children must go somewhere .

Sat Mar 28, 2020 10:56 pm

You can catch it and not show any symptoms for 2 weeks, all the while spreading it around.

Sun Mar 29, 2020 9:16 am

They reckon it sticks to walls as well and gets carried by foot
https://www.euroweeklynews.com/2020/03/ ... kes-place/

the streets here are and all the walls are being sprayed