The offer Tottenham made to Tom Carroll following Swansea Ci

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby Forever Blue » Wed Mar 25, 2020 1:11 pm

The offer Tottenham made to Tom Carroll following Swansea City exit

The midfielder left Swansea in January by mutual consent

By Mathew Davies

Wednesday 25th March 2020

Tom Carroll during his Tottenham days. The former Swansea City man trained with the club following his release from Swans
Tom Carroll left Swansea City on the last day of the January transfer window.

When the club announced that £15.5million Borja Baston was joining Premier League side Aston Villa on loan until the end of the season, they also revealed that Carroll would be leaving the club, with his contract terminated by mutual consent.

It was a quiet exit for a player who never kicked up a fuss or complained about his rotten injury record.

A loan move to Aston Villa in January 2019 was a disaster, with a hip injury limiting him to just 35 minutes of action. Surgery was needed, and when he did get fit again in the next season, new Swansea boss Steve Cooper was already making plans without him.

The Athletic report that after his release Tottenham head of academy John McDermott offered Carroll the chance to train with them in order to keep fit to help him find a new club.

Still only 27, Carroll should be hitting his peak years and when football resumes following the coronavirus outbreak he will be ready to go. As a free agent, he can sign for any club at any time.

There is obviously talent there. He made a big impact in the survival season under Paul Clement but Swansea woes in the top flight didn't help his cause. He must now look to rehabilitate his career, with Tottenham giving him the opportunity to do so.

When he left Swansea, he wrote on his Instagram page: "Jack Army, It’s been a pleasure to play for your club for the past 3 years..There’s been some great highs with memories that will stay with me forever and real lows that have been tough to take...its hard to thank everybody but I’ve been fortunate to have worked with some really top people, from the kitmen & women to the groundskeeper..I'll miss playing at the Liberty but hopefully we’ll cross paths again! Finally best of luck to the boys, what a great bunch, I’ll miss you all! @swansofficial Best of luck for the future."
Attachments
0_GettyImages-611845146.jpg
0_GettyImages-611845146.jpg (38.41 KiB) Viewed 1433 times
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Return to General Chat