Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

WE NEED A RESERVE TEAM !

Thu Aug 26, 2010 7:07 am

It makes sense to me that CCFC needs a reserve team to enable the squad players and injured players game time without having to put , as they do now , unfit players in the 1st team . We need players that are match fit and raring to go sat on the bench and this is the ONLY way forward . Ive even e-mailed TG and am awaiting a response .................. am i the only person who cant see this ? Never mind planning a 35,000 seater stadium extension he needs to plan for a competitive RESERVE TEAM sooner rather than later ! :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: WE NEED A RESERVE TEAM !

Thu Aug 26, 2010 7:10 am

Vintage 63 wrote:It makes sense to me that CCFC needs a reserve team to enable the squad players and injured players game time without having to put , as they do now , unfit players in the 1st team . We need players that are match fit and raring to go sat on the bench and this is the ONLY way forward . Ive even e-mailed TG and am awaiting a response .................. am i the only person who cant see this ? Never mind planning a 35,000 seater stadium extension he needs to plan for a competitive RESERVE TEAM sooner rather than later ! :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Jones himself is against a reserve team. Doesn't see the point of them. There was quite a discussion about it about three years ago.

Thu Aug 26, 2010 7:14 am

Gerry Hat Trick wrote:
Vintage 63 wrote:It makes sense to me that CCFC needs a reserve team to enable the squad players and injured players game time without having to put , as they do now , unfit players in the 1st team . We need players that are match fit and raring to go sat on the bench and this is the ONLY way forward . Ive even e-mailed TG and am awaiting a response .................. am i the only person who cant see this ? Never mind planning a 35,000 seater stadium extension he needs to plan for a competitive RESERVE TEAM sooner rather than later ! :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Jones himself is against a reserve team. Doesn't see the point of them. There was quite a discussion about it about three years ago.

Was that when we had a small squad and possibly there were not enough players for a reserve team?

I agree with Martyn on this.

Thu Aug 26, 2010 7:22 am

TheMortgageAdvisor wrote:
Gerry Hat Trick wrote:

Was that when we had a small squad and possibly there were not enough players for a reserve team?

I agree with Martyn on this.

In addition to him being against a reserve team he often pointed out that the reserve team league we played in was hopeless with fixtures being chopped and changed at a moment's notice. It's possible the real problem is being in a footballing backwater and potential difficulty in getting into a London or Midlands league.

Thu Aug 26, 2010 8:03 am

As mentioned ,DJ was very critical of the South West reserve league and apparently clubs in the combination don't want too much travel but if he wants to keep players "match" fit then we need something better than behind closed doors friendlies against Hereford.

Thu Aug 26, 2010 8:10 am

If Jones is against a reserve team then say for example he was the manager of Man Utd would he propose to scrap their reserve team ? Its common sense if we are to become a successfull then a competitive reserve team is a must , I know we have Terry Burton so why not use him as Reserve Team manager , I suppose the stumbling block is arranging fixtures but thats over to you then Mr Jenkins and TG !!!!!!!!! :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: