Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

LOAN SIGNINGS

Wed Aug 25, 2010 5:10 pm

Now that we have signed Keogh on loan, I think that means we have taken up our full allocation of loan signings which means that any further signings we want to make will have to be freebies or paid for.

With the need for a decent centre back, who is available that we can afford ?

I'm also concerned as to what sort of team we'll have left at the end of the season when all of these loan signings return to their own clubs.

Any thoughts? :ayatollah:

Re: LOAN SIGNINGS

Wed Aug 25, 2010 5:22 pm

If, as I suspect the mood down at the CCS is automatic promotion then the loanee's may well be rewarded with contracts? Others could then be brought in and with tha acadamy another year older who knows what jewels will emerge!!!!!

We need to get behind these guys and shout them to the EPL. If we get there TG &VT will I'm sure put in the funds to give us a fighting chance of staying there.

Wed Aug 25, 2010 5:25 pm

think of the money they will make of us when we get promted back in there home country? milllions because premier league football is there biggest sport.
90 million for promotion so im sure they will put some of that back in

but dont count are chickens just yet

Wed Aug 25, 2010 5:27 pm

Riggott will be a freebie if DJ thinks he's good enough!

He mentioned in his after match interview last night, that he's still training with us and he's having a look at him! :ayatollah:

Wed Aug 25, 2010 5:43 pm

sparky.1927 wrote:Now that we have signed Keogh on loan, I think that means we have taken up our full allocation of loan signings which means that any further signings we want to make will have to be freebies or paid for.

With the need for a decent centre back, who is available that we can afford ?

I'm also concerned as to what sort of team we'll have left at the end of the season when all of these loan signings return to their own clubs.

Any thoughts? :ayatollah:

Simples, really....Cardiff City are taking a big punt on automatic promotion and by using quality loan players are sort of hedging their bets for next year. The gamble is 'spend little, pay lots and pray it comes off'....

Should the Bluebirds achieve their dream, it will be far easier to assess what is required for next season without having to 'off-load' players who might not be up to the job in the Premiership....a fact that always worries me, as it gives some an excuse not to try too hard.

Wed Aug 25, 2010 5:47 pm

koumas only got a year left on his contract so he could easly be a bluebird next season. olofinjana will be available if hull dont get promtion so there is 2 we could sign and keogh we could sign anyway wouldnt cost to much. only doubt is bellamy