£660,000 I heard.

Re: How much has Ross gone for..?

Wed Aug 25, 2010 5:14 pm

i was expecting 500k thats enough for a very good defender

Wed Aug 25, 2010 5:22 pm

Midfield general wrote:Thats pathetic and should be double that

£600k is a decent price.

The goals have dried up for Ross over the past 18 months.

He's a talented boy but a poor pro, overweight and a piss artist (allegedly)

We paid only £300k for Jay which puts £600k for Ross into perspective.

Wed Aug 25, 2010 5:29 pm

Maybe the whole 600k is up front or something? Thats bound to have been
part of our negotiating stance.

Wed Aug 25, 2010 5:31 pm

Isn't it more about the wages nowadays, lighten the load etc to help our "loan" signings.

Wed Aug 25, 2010 5:32 pm

Cheap at half the price given what some were quoted last year after his goal-scoring exploits of 2008/09

I thought a round £1 million would be acceptable ( or £750k if they take Gav as well :lol: ) and Leeds would be having a bargain at that price!! :!:

Don't agree with the 'poor pro' comments, though. Ross hasn't had a look in since 'Chops' arrival and always appears to be working hard for the team when he does play....

We only paid £300k for Jay because he was flattering to deceive at his previous dozen or so clubs. :roll: Dave Jones has mentored him (Jay) into a Premiership standard player and I would (a) be massively disappointed if he went full stop, and (b) if he was to go, he goes for anything less than £3 million. He's worth that (even in his final year) and for anything less I'd keep him and hope the benefits/rewards would put that figure into insignificance should we achieve promotion this season.

Are we suddenly getting choosy or what???? :P :ayatollah:

:ayatollah: :old: :ayatollah:

Wed Aug 25, 2010 6:02 pm

Sven Ghali wrote:

Cheap at half the price given what some were quoted last year after his goal-scoring exploits of 2008/09

I thought a round £1 million would be acceptable ( or £750k if they take Gav as well :lol: ) and Leeds would be having a bargain at that price!! :!:

Don't agree with the 'poor pro' comments, though. Ross hasn't had a look in since 'Chops' arrival and always appears to be working hard for the team when he does play....

We only paid £300k for Jay because he was flattering to deceive at his previous dozen or so clubs. :roll: Dave Jones has mentored him (Jay) into a Premiership standard player and I would (a) be massively disappointed if he went full stop, and (b) if he was to go, he goes for anything less than £3 million. He's worth that (even in his final year) and for anything less I'd keep him and hope the benefits/rewards would put that figure into insignificance should we achieve promotion this season.

Are we suddenly getting choosy or what???? :P :ayatollah:

:ayatollah: :old: :ayatollah:

The poor pro comments relate to the undeniable fact that he is significantly overweight and has a reputation for drinking too much.

He's a professional athlete ffs, the least we as fans should expect is a player who turns up for matches not looking like he's clinically obese.

It's a real shame because when motivated he's a cracking player.