Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

An interesting point re: Bellamy

Wed Aug 25, 2010 2:18 pm

Raised on the Pompey board.

Suggesting that had a Premier Club come in for him he'd have definitely gone
and that Man City refused to let him go to one.

I wonder where he'd have stood legally?

Take Cardiff out of the equation, Man City dont name him in their squad. Meaning he
CANNOT play for them no matter how hard he trains. So if another Club (Spurs?) made
an offer. Could Man City have said no? I doubt it. Surely by doing that they'd be refusing
the man the chance to ply his trade

Irrelevant I know.

But I'm sure Man City would have been in the shit had they knocked back all interested
clubs in the Premiership

Re: An interesting point re: Bellamy

Wed Aug 25, 2010 2:20 pm

Bellamy WANTED to come home. The sooner those f*cking anti-welsh renegades realise that the better.

Wed Aug 25, 2010 2:47 pm

Merlin
Your spot on the English green eyed monster is alive and kicking!!!!!!

Wed Aug 25, 2010 2:49 pm

taffyapple wrote:Surely by doing that they'd be refusing the man the chance to ply his trade

That point would only stand if Man City stopped him from earning.
Nobody being paid millions of pounds can claim his employer is stopping him from plying his trade.

Wed Aug 25, 2010 2:58 pm

Bromley Bluebird wrote:
taffyapple wrote:Surely by doing that they'd be refusing the man the chance to ply his trade

Nobody being paid millions of pounds can claim his employer is stopping him from plying his trade.

Understood. But the man is a footballer, he wants to play football, if he's not being given
the opportunity to play football at Man City then I'm sure he would have a pretty good case
against them if they tried to stop him leaving. The PFA etc would be right on them about it

Wed Aug 25, 2010 3:14 pm

taffyapple wrote:
Bromley Bluebird wrote:

Understood. But the man is a footballer, he wants to play football, if he's not being given
the opportunity to play football at Man City then I'm sure he would have a pretty good case
against them if they tried to stop him leaving. The PFA etc would be right on them about it

I'm not sure that could be the case really if he's under contract.
As it is he wanted to move to CCFC as soon as last season ended so it's worked out wonderfully :D