Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: " I feel sorry for Neil Harris "

Wed Jan 29, 2020 11:50 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
worcester_ccfc wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:I don’t feel sorry one bit.

Got himself a job at a big club.

And according to Harris, a big squad, quality and very happy with it :thumbright:

He said he's happy with the squad but is looking for additions, but only those who will improve the squad.

The manager before him was corrupt and brought in players who hardly ever even played. People should be glad Harris isn't like that.

It's better he talks up our squad, than go to the press and say they are all shit.

Ned,

What many on here don’t realise , I have nothing personal against Neil Harris and as a player loved his attitude and as a manager I like his passion and attitude and would I get rid of him today No, but honestly I don’t want him here next season and that does not mean I don’t like him, I just don’t rate him highly.

I would love to prove me and many others wrong :thumbright: :bluebird:

As to Neil Warnock NO one moaned the first two seasons and 99% of our fans loved him.

Fair comments.

I don't agree but I know you have nothing personal against him as has been suggested by some on here.

Thu Jan 30, 2020 12:23 am

worcester_ccfc wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
worcester_ccfc wrote:

And according to Harris, a big squad, quality and very happy with it :thumbright:

He said he's happy with the squad but is looking for additions, but only those who will improve the squad.

The manager before him was corrupt and brought in players who hardly ever even played. People should be glad Harris isn't like that.

It's better he talks up our squad, than go to the press and say they are all shit.

Ned,

What many on here don’t realise , I have nothing personal against Neil Harris and as a player loved his attitude and as a manager I like his passion and attitude and would I get rid of him today No, but honestly I don’t want him here next season and that does not mean I don’t like him, I just don’t rate him highly.

I would love to prove me and many others wrong :thumbright: :bluebird:

As to Neil Warnock NO one moaned the first two seasons and 99% of our fans loved him.

Fair comments.

I don't agree but I know you have nothing personal against him as has been suggested by some on here.

Ok,that's fair comment,as I was one who was concerned at the constant reference to what Harris has,or has not said about the squad,for me the talking should be done on the pitch,as that's where it seems,the only place he will convince some,if he can cut it,or show us he cannot,a question for Annis. What if he achieves the play offs? Does he have to win them,before you might change your view on his credentials? I believe Warnock achieved minor miracles with the squad he assembled,I didn't like the football much if I'm truthful,and got fed up with the same soundbites from him,time and time again,but I certainly don't hate the man,and I guess I've learnt,you don't have I'll feeling towards Harris, I just felt whatever he does,you will not accept him here.no malice meant,and I'm glad you answered. :ayatollah: :old: :bluebird:

Thu Jan 30, 2020 1:10 am

bluesince62 wrote:
Llan_Blue wrote:
Escott1927 wrote:
Llan_Blue wrote:
Escott1927 wrote:

You keep repeating this. Seriously, what do you want him to say? That the squad and individual players are shit? Wouldn't exactly go down well with the team and help improve their performances. What Harris says and actually thinks are probably totally different. You have quoted him today saying he wants to bring in two players in positions that need strengthening. He knows the squad needs improving. But he has also got to keep the current players happy.

The truth.
We are going to try our best to get into the play offs but our squad is lacking that little bit of extra quality at the moment that you need at this level. Hopefully we can try and get that extra quality during the transfer window if not it’s going to be a hard task.

There the truth would go down well.

He has said the aim is top 6 though. He hasnt said that the team lacks quality but he has said that he wants to strengthen the team - they mean the same thing but the latter doesn't put the team down, basically telling them they are not good enough for promotion. If he says the top 6 will not be achievable without bringing players in (again openly saying the current team are not good enough) and then we don't sign anyone he is pretty much writing off the rest of the season. It is hardly motivating the players to play and the fans to renew season tickets etc. It would also imply that he blames the board for not reaching top 6. He needs to keep the fans, players and board happy every time he speaks publicly. People get coached to do this stuff.

Fans won’t renew season tickets just because a manager says the teams good.
If the players had any balls it would motivate them to prove they aren’t one of the people the manager is deeming not good enough.
An it’s not blaming the board exactly isit, even though they are the ones who agreed to sign Flint Day Pack and Glatzel

I agree with nearly all of that,bar the last line,the board, as it has been said on here umpteen times,know nothing regards football as a business (and that's what it's become) so they took the word of their manager with decades of experience in the game,that these players he picked out,were worth the outlay,as he was the man who'd been there and bought the tee shirt,so to speak,that's just my honest take on things.why on earth we haven't someone at board level,with the nous to direct the transfer side of matters is beyond me :roll: it's blatantly obvious to us supporters,that's a very important missing link.otherwise every player we buy from here on in,will be bought on who's recommendation? ? :old: :bluebird:

It’s been happening before Warnock got here so you can’t blame any manager.

Thu Jan 30, 2020 2:34 am

OP. Totally agree :ayatollah: But you cant please everyone all of the time. and he'l never please all City fans ever....lol, your totally correct that a lot of our fans need to sort their heads out and back him and the team......ONCE AND FOR ALL FFS :ayatollah:

Thu Jan 30, 2020 9:31 am

worcester_ccfc wrote:

fair play, your an admin on this board and coming out with slanderous shit like this. youre an a-grade idiot

Thu Jan 30, 2020 9:34 am

worcester_ccfc wrote:Some people talk as if were playing amazing football under the previous manager.. It was worse football than we play now :lol:

Spot on

Thu Jan 30, 2020 9:52 am

Isawgarystevensscoreagoal wrote:
worcester_ccfc wrote:Some people talk as if were playing amazing football under the previous manager.. It was worse football than we play now :lol:

Spot on

100% :thumbup:

I don't understand this personal criticism of Harris from some on here, even the the first few games they wanted him out. How can you judge a new manager so soon? When he hasn't been given any time or money to assemble HIS perssonel to play HIS way? I didn't want him as manager, but all I see is a man doing better than the man he succeeded, with the successors players who ultimately cost him his job. Fact is Warnock had one good year with us, and two poor years. I was glad to see the back of that predictable playing style, trying to slow footballing opponents down, I want to see us play football! And for that to happen its going to take Neil Harris TIME!! Though I have little trust in our transfer committee to achieve that.

Thu Jan 30, 2020 10:02 am

Llan_Blue wrote:
Escott1927 wrote:
Llan_Blue wrote:
Escott1927 wrote:

You keep repeating this. Seriously, what do you want him to say? That the squad and individual players are shit? Wouldn't exactly go down well with the team and help improve their performances. What Harris says and actually thinks are probably totally different. You have quoted him today saying he wants to bring in two players in positions that need strengthening. He knows the squad needs improving. But he has also got to keep the current players happy.

The truth.
We are going to try our best to get into the play offs but our squad is lacking that little bit of extra quality at the moment that you need at this level. Hopefully we can try and get that extra quality during the transfer window if not it’s going to be a hard task.

There the truth would go down well.

He has said the aim is top 6 though. He hasnt said that the team lacks quality but he has said that he wants to strengthen the team - they mean the same thing but the latter doesn't put the team down, basically telling them they are not good enough for promotion. If he says the top 6 will not be achievable without bringing players in (again openly saying the current team are not good enough) and then we don't sign anyone he is pretty much writing off the rest of the season. It is hardly motivating the players to play and the fans to renew season tickets etc. It would also imply that he blames the board for not reaching top 6. He needs to keep the fans, players and board happy every time he speaks publicly. People get coached to do this stuff.

Fans won’t renew season tickets just because a manager says the teams good.
If the players had any balls it would motivate them to prove they aren’t one of the people the manager is deeming not good enough.
An it’s not blaming the board exactly isit, even though they are the ones who agreed to sign Flint Day Pack and Glatzel

Can work after a bad performance to get a reaction. Cant see how telling a team, who are chasing top 6, that he thinks they aren't good enough would motivate them though. Harris is only saying what every manager would be saying. Not sure why people have such an issue with it.