Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: Patterson haters...

Wed Jan 29, 2020 2:13 pm

Llan_Blue wrote:
phildavies wrote:
Llan_Blue wrote:Thomasblue and Phildavies are the class clowns of the forum. I’d love to see what they’d come up with if they had to pick a team.

Fowler and Shearer wouldn’t get in but Joe Day would be starting in goals :lol: :lol:

Your obsession is laughable. You really need to find something more worthwhile to spend you time doing mate I’m starting to worry for your mental health.

Obsession :lol: you wish mate.

Don’t go all defensive now after all you started this I told you so topic.

ironic as he called Smithies "bollocks" only recently

Wed Jan 29, 2020 4:57 pm

fred keenor wrote:That tackle in the 94th minute on the half way line summed up his never say die attitude this evening.
A fantastic performance and closely followed by Vaulks and Smithies.

Brilliant tackle! The WBA player should have got there first, but he totally bottled it when he saw Pato steaming in. Brilliant and summed up Pato’s performance!

Wed Jan 29, 2020 9:45 pm

Forever Blue wrote:I have never heard of Paterson haters, only fans saying he always gives 100% :thumbright: :bluebird:

Likewise ;) :bluebird:

Wed Jan 29, 2020 9:55 pm

Compare that performance from patters to anything murphy has done in 2 seasons , no competition really,
if all our team put that effort in we would be close to the top.

Wed Jan 29, 2020 10:04 pm

montyblue wrote:Compare that performance from patters to anything murphy has done in 2 seasons , no competition really,
if all our team put that effort in we would be close to the top.

Spot On Monty ;)

Wed Jan 29, 2020 10:34 pm

Llan_Blue wrote:
thomasblue wrote:He is a headless chicken and a battering ram up front on his own and should not play a lone forward role

BUT the most important strength he has which no other striker in this squad does is that he knows where to stand and how to get into positions for loose balls around the box. He is a very good poacher but lacks the skill or technique to be a centre forward.

He needs a partner in a front two to shine in my opinion

Robbie fowler did it for years
So did Alan Shearer.

Neither were technically gifted but always found themselves in the right place at the right time.

You cant teach that in training you either have it or you dont.

:lol: fowler and shearer not technically gifted that’s a good one even for you.

Neither were very technical. They were out and out goalscorers who had the ability to be in the right place at the right time.
That's not being technical that's having good reading of the game.
Totally different things.
They were great players but you cant call either of them technically gifted

Wed Jan 29, 2020 10:36 pm

OriginalGrangeEndBlue wrote:
Llan_Blue wrote:
thomasblue wrote:He is a headless chicken and a battering ram up front on his own and should not play a lone forward role

BUT the most important strength he has which no other striker in this squad does is that he knows where to stand and how to get into positions for loose balls around the box. He is a very good poacher but lacks the skill or technique to be a centre forward.

So did Alan Shearer.

Neither were technically gifted but always found themselves in the right place at the right time.

That must be one of the most stupidest things I’ve heard on here!

:lol: :lol:

Try reading some of the posts you make and you will change your mind

Wed Jan 29, 2020 10:40 pm

thomasblue wrote:
OriginalGrangeEndBlue wrote:
Llan_Blue wrote:

So did Alan Shearer.

That must be one of the most stupidest things I’ve heard on here!

:lol: :lol:

Try reading some of the posts you make and you will change your mind

:lol: :lol: I dunno mate had quite a few chuckling with that statement you did.

Wed Jan 29, 2020 10:54 pm

thomasblue wrote:
Llan_Blue wrote:

So did Alan Shearer.

Neither were very technical. They were out and out goalscorers who had the ability to be in the right place at the right time.

Whilst there are players such as Bergkamp who most would agree was technically a better player, I don’t think you gain a reputation as being some of England’s best strikers without being technically gifted. Both were great with the ball at their feet, which led to many of their goals, as was the ability to be in the right place at the right time as you’ve already mentioned. Just my opinion of course. :thumbup:

Wed Jan 29, 2020 11:06 pm

He gets the crowd going and is a relatable player for the working class public of South Wales. Whilst people raised concerns regarding his fitness and on occasions his ability, I do think hate is perhaps a strong word. Doubters, yes... but I haven’t read of any haters.

Either way, a great performance again and hopefully there’ll be many more in the future. :bluescarf:

Thu Jan 30, 2020 12:44 am

103 Barmy Army wrote:He gets the crowd going and is a relatable player for the working class public of South Wales. Whilst people raised concerns regarding his fitness and on occasions his ability, I do think hate is perhaps a strong word. Doubters, yes... but I haven’t read of any haters.

Either way, a great performance again and hopefully there’ll be many more in the future. :bluescarf:

Totally agree,as he was unfit,as we've been told due to no pre season,he looks back up to speed last few games,let's hope he doesn't get the injury jinx.he's a f@cking nuisance to play against no doubt,a proper battler,I do worry when he seems to be on one,he shoves players around a bit! But that's nit picking in truth. :thumbup: :old: :bluebird:

Thu Jan 30, 2020 1:06 am

thomasblue wrote:
Llan_Blue wrote:

So did Alan Shearer.

Comedy genius

Thu Jan 30, 2020 6:58 am

Him and Tomlin have to start for me. They both impact games in totally different ways. With Glatzel, defenders can have five minutes rest. With Patto he's in their faces constantly, love the man

Thu Jan 30, 2020 10:14 am

Do you know what, fair play. I've never really hated him, always rated him. But, did give him a bit of stick earlier this season because he looked like he was unfit and carrying some extra timber.
Looks like he's lost that extra weight and is looking fitter now, long may it continue!

Thu Jan 30, 2020 11:34 am

Llan_Blue wrote:
thomasblue wrote:
Llan_Blue wrote:

So did Alan Shearer.

Comedy genius

I think someone needs to look on YouTube at Fowler and Shearers greatest goals! Fowler nutmegged a defender (Steve Staunton?) with a back heel and bent one into the top corner from over 20 yards, not gifted though. And Shearer scored a few screamers himself.

I said this week that Paterson wasn’t a footballer, but after Tuesdays performance he’s a nailed on starter with Tomlin Bacuna and Smithies. Build the team to suit their strengths. Watch how frustrated Tomlin gets when nobody makes that run that’s been more than obvious to make more often than not this season! Give him a team mate to work with and they’ll make a great partnership. And With Paterson on the pitch making a nuisance of himself, but I’m not sure of his best position.

Thu Jan 30, 2020 7:07 pm

He played well Tuesday and he puts himself in the right areas, if he had a bit of skill he’d be quality. He is also looking leaner and sharper under Harris and good on him. I am always happy to be proved wrong but I won’t shove my criticism up my arse just yet because of one good game. I will wait and see if he can have a run of them first.
It’s also worth noting that vaulks, Whyte and that smithies save; what a world class save that was, are well worthy of mention also rather than just singling Paterson out for praise.

Thu Jan 30, 2020 7:29 pm

Keen, up for the fight. End of