Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Patterson haters...

Tue Jan 28, 2020 10:06 pm

Shove that up your arses! Absolutely brilliant :ayatollah:

Re: Patterson haters...

Tue Jan 28, 2020 10:20 pm

Best player on the pitch for us tonight.
He brings so much to the team in terms of energy and work ethic, I don't think we can keep him out. I think we should select our creative players around him.

A real improvement tonight.
In hindsight and on reflection, I'm really impressed with Harris so far. It's been baby steps, but there is progression and he's still yet to 'put his own team together'.

Lots of positives, hopefully we can put a run together now and look up to the play offs!

Tue Jan 28, 2020 10:24 pm

I have never heard of Paterson haters, only fans saying he always gives 100% :thumbright: :bluebird:

Tue Jan 28, 2020 10:26 pm

Forever Blue wrote:I have never heard of Paterson haters, only fans saying he always gives 100% :thumbright: :bluebird:

Definitely been a bit of that this season mate.

He needed a run to get fit.

Tue Jan 28, 2020 10:36 pm

That tackle in the 94th minute on the half way line summed up his never say die attitude this evening.
A fantastic performance and closely followed by Vaulks and Smithies.

Tue Jan 28, 2020 10:38 pm

Nonsense, I’ve never heard anyone hating him except probably Barrywelsh who hates everyone.
I’ve never been Patterson’s biggest fan and always thought he ‘just does a job’.

Voted for him for MOM tonight, played really well.

Tue Jan 28, 2020 10:51 pm

Paterson is a beast :bluebird:

Tue Jan 28, 2020 10:56 pm

maccydee wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:I have never heard of Paterson haters, only fans saying he always gives 100% :thumbright: :bluebird:

Definitely been a bit of that this season mate.

He needed a run to get fit.

Yep exactly never seen a Patterson hater before.

He’s probably the most loved player in our squad.

Have to agree that he wasn’t fit at the start of the season and was struggling but like I said before he’s our only player that has bags of goals in him.

Tue Jan 28, 2020 10:58 pm

Seems to be back to match fitness, excellent tonight, his headers always seem to find a player or into space

Tue Jan 28, 2020 11:01 pm

Patterson with Tomlin behind and the defence looking stronger and settled we might just might start getting somewhere.

Just need to keep pack and flint out of the team.

Tue Jan 28, 2020 11:01 pm

He seems better now we aren't using tactic a as lump it forward with tactic b lump it forward just with a different player lumping it. He's chasing everything and looking fitter.

Tue Jan 28, 2020 11:06 pm

Plenty on here saying he’s not good enough etc.

Tue Jan 28, 2020 11:19 pm

PhilDavies you are totally correct. I tried to defend Patterson but the comments I had back were embarrassing I gave up. Here are a few comments, Pembroke Allan " he does not have any striker qualities". Mr Potato " Patterson is crap that is being kind to him" 2blue2handle" Probably the worst striker I have ever seen"

He is not Messi but he tries, wins headers and scores goals , we should show more respect.

Tue Jan 28, 2020 11:27 pm

He is a headless chicken and a battering ram up front on his own and should not play a lone forward role

BUT the most important strength he has which no other striker in this squad does is that he knows where to stand and how to get into positions for loose balls around the box. He is a very good poacher but lacks the skill or technique to be a centre forward.

He needs a partner in a front two to shine in my opinion

Robbie fowler did it for years
So did Alan Shearer.

Neither were technically gifted but always found themselves in the right place at the right time.

You cant teach that in training you either have it or you dont.

Tue Jan 28, 2020 11:58 pm

I have had to defend Patterson many times and I still think he is our best striker. when he is fit he is a player who will work his socks off for the shirt a big favourite of mine

Wed Jan 29, 2020 12:01 am

He has just never quite looked fully fit for a while. Tonight he was outstanding and outshone all of west Broms high earners thats for sure :clap: :clap:

Wed Jan 29, 2020 1:25 am

Grandstand wrote:PhilDavies you are totally correct. I tried to defend Patterson but the comments I had back were embarrassing I gave up. Here are a few comments, Pembroke Allan " he does not have any striker qualities". Mr Potato " Patterson is crap that is being kind to him" 2blue2handle" Probably the worst striker I have ever seen"

He is not Messi but he tries, wins headers and scores goals , we should show more respect.

This forum is about opinions so don't pick out people who dont have your opinion and ridicule what they say.. :banghead: ....... and I still say hes not a striker ! after watching him tonight he gave 110% effort but could easily have got two yellow cards as he kept pushing and shoving their players throughout game but that doesnt make him a striker nor does scoring a goal..

Wed Jan 29, 2020 1:51 am

Patterson tonight never gave up on anything out own braveheart

Wed Jan 29, 2020 6:55 am

OriginalGrangeEndBlue wrote:Nonsense, I’ve never heard anyone hating him except probably Barrywelsh who hates everyone.
I’ve never been Patterson’s biggest fan and always thought he ‘just does a job’.

Voted for him for MOM tonight, played really well.

Hates everyone? :lol: never said anything negative about our patts. Nor Vaulks, Morrison, Smithies unlike probably most of this forum

Wed Jan 29, 2020 10:17 am

pembroke allan wrote:
Grandstand wrote:PhilDavies you are totally correct. I tried to defend Patterson but the comments I had back were embarrassing I gave up. Here are a few comments, Pembroke Allan " he does not have any striker qualities". Mr Potato " Patterson is crap that is being kind to him" 2blue2handle" Probably the worst striker I have ever seen"

This forum is about opinions so don't pick out people who dont have your opinion and ridicule what they say.. :banghead: ....... and I still say hes not a striker ! after watching him tonight he gave 110% effort but could easily have got two yellow cards as he kept pushing and shoving their players throughout game but that doesnt make him a striker nor does scoring a goal..

well he seems to be the most likely to score. his game is un orthodox. but give me unorthodox but effect over totally ineffective all day every day.

Wed Jan 29, 2020 10:18 am

phildavies wrote:

Plenty on here saying he’s not good enough etc.

any thoughts of Day leaving :laughing6:

Wed Jan 29, 2020 10:30 am

Considering he is not really considered to be a true striker, his career goal stats are comparable to Zohore. Not sure if that's a good thing, but to be fair he keeps cropping up in the right place at the right time.

Wed Jan 29, 2020 11:14 am

thomasblue wrote:He is a headless chicken and a battering ram up front on his own and should not play a lone forward role

BUT the most important strength he has which no other striker in this squad does is that he knows where to stand and how to get into positions for loose balls around the box. He is a very good poacher but lacks the skill or technique to be a centre forward.

So did Alan Shearer.

Neither were technically gifted but always found themselves in the right place at the right time.

:lol: fowler and shearer not technically gifted that’s a good one even for you.

Wed Jan 29, 2020 11:24 am

Llan_Blue wrote:
thomasblue wrote:He is a headless chicken and a battering ram up front on his own and should not play a lone forward role

So did Alan Shearer.

:lol: :lol:

Wed Jan 29, 2020 1:26 pm

Llan_Blue wrote:

So did Alan Shearer.

That must be one of the most stupidest things I’ve heard on here!

:lol: :lol:

Wed Jan 29, 2020 1:31 pm

Thomasblue and Phildavies are the class clowns of the forum. I’d love to see what they’d come up with if they had to pick a team.

Fowler and Shearer wouldn’t get in but Joe Day would be starting in goals :lol: :lol:

Wed Jan 29, 2020 1:41 pm

Where's "SVEN" all these people spelling patterson with 2 tt like i do,
tut tut.

Wed Jan 29, 2020 1:50 pm

montyblue wrote:Where's "SVEN" all these people spelling patterson with 2 tt like i do,
tut tut.

Don’t let that guy bother you he’s pathetic

Wed Jan 29, 2020 1:53 pm

Llan_Blue wrote:Thomasblue and Phildavies are the class clowns of the forum. I’d love to see what they’d come up with if they had to pick a team.

Fowler and Shearer wouldn’t get in but Joe Day would be starting in goals :lol: :lol:

Your obsession is laughable. You really need to find something more worthwhile to spend you time doing mate I’m starting to worry for your mental health.

Wed Jan 29, 2020 2:10 pm

phildavies wrote:
Llan_Blue wrote:Thomasblue and Phildavies are the class clowns of the forum. I’d love to see what they’d come up with if they had to pick a team.

Your obsession is laughable. You really need to find something more worthwhile to spend you time doing mate I’m starting to worry for your mental health.

Obsession :lol: you wish mate.

Don’t go all defensive now after all you started this I told you so topic.