Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Best Performance for a while

Tue Jan 28, 2020 9:49 pm

Good performance tonight and great result against a top team. Patterson was a beast giving everything for the shirt. Great free kick, Vaulks coming good and what a save by Smithies... A couple of signings and maybe the play offs. Well done Mr Harris

Re: Best Performance for a while

Tue Jan 28, 2020 10:08 pm

Tomlin may have scored a peach and the smithies save but pato was MOTM IMO. Ran everywhere, never gave up, won at least 80% of his duals, was a pain in the arse for WBA. Gets unfair criticism.

Great subs by the gaffer too

Tue Jan 28, 2020 10:35 pm

We need to accept that Glatzel is not the answer to any question this season.

4231 - three skilled players around Paterson with Vaulks and Ralls as holding mids

Wed Jan 29, 2020 6:57 pm

Yes a good effort by the team. And I mean th at they competed and played like a team. Vaulks was at it in midfield from the very start, Patterson played well and put ib one of his best City performances. and Nelson continues to look the part as our best defender.
Tomlin was the difference in providing the spark of creativity. Smithies made a vital save.
So quite a few positives.
On the other han, Gladzel didn't look much threAt and Hoilett and Pack were a bit ineffective.

But for me the only real negative was some idiots booing Zohore when he came on! He played a key role in 're promotion years and left cos we got a good fee. Deserved better. :thumbup:
:thumbup:

Wed Jan 29, 2020 9:06 pm

Einstein wrote:Good performance tonight and great result against a top team. Patterson was a beast giving everything for the shirt. Great free kick, Vaulks coming good and what a save by Smithies... A couple of signings and maybe the play offs. Well done Mr Harris

:thumbup:

Wed Jan 29, 2020 9:11 pm

I thought Zohore was booed because he didn’t do the ayatollah.

Thu Jan 30, 2020 12:46 am

noisycat wrote:I thought Zohore was booed because he didn’t do the ayatollah.

Had mixed reception when came on some booing but was also clapped! but usual reaction when someone doesnt do ayatollah he didnt do it...

Thu Jan 30, 2020 7:54 am

He also made sure his shot could be saved by a worldie meaning he didn't deny us the win. He was clearly with us! :-D

Thu Jan 30, 2020 10:12 am

Agreed. Very good performance, slowly adapting to Harris' tactics. Bit of route one now and again, but ball seems to be getting played more on the floor now which is good to see.

Vaulks starting to find his feet too, which is brilliant. I'd drop Pack next game however, I have supported him this season but I'm noticing more and more how much he is slowing our game down and he gets caught a lot in possession when going for the Gerrard pass!