Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

MY VIEW: OVER ALL TONIGHT CARDIFF MANAGED TO BATTLE & PLAY B

Tue Jan 28, 2020 9:39 pm

MY VIEW / OPINION

OVER ALL TONIGHT CARDIFF MANAGED TO BATTLE & PLAY BOTH HALFS OK & CAME AWAY WITH A GREAT 3PTS AGAINST TOP OF THE TABLE WBA :thumbright: :ayatollah: :bluebird:

Lee Tomlin changed the game :thumbright: :bluebird:

Callum Paterson gave another 100% performance :bluebird:

Cardiff in the past have had disastrous first-halfs, but not tonight :thumbright: :bluebird:

Smitthies amazing safe in last min.

In the 2nd- half Lee Tomlin comes on and bang 76th min free-kick in the top corner 2-1 YES :thumbright: :thumbright: :bluebird: :bluebird:

Kenneth Zohore returned tonight with WBA and was booked.

WBA did not look like a club top of the Premier League.

But this was a great 3pts and what the Cardiff faithful deserved.

Nathaniel Mendez-Laing, Isaac Vassell and Matthew Connolly all remain the long-term injuries and with 4 players moved out this month, Cardiff fans are waiting anxiously to see who Neil Harris will bring in.

First-half: An improvement for Cardiff in a first-half, but over all a pretty lifeless first half, leaving Cardiff fans nothing really to shout about.

CARDIFF CITY 2 WBA 1 :thumbright: :thumbright: :bluebird: :bluebird:
Crowd 22,516
Away Support ( 1,650 )

Cardiff City: Smithies; Richards, Morrison, Nelson, Bennett; Vaulks, Pack; Whyte, Paterson, Hoilett; Glatzel

Subs: Etheridge, Flint, Bamba, Bacuna, Tomlin, Murphy, Mayembe

First 20 mins mainly Cardiff, playing football in WBA half, played a lot better than normal for the first-half of the game, than City usually do.

Cardiff matched WBA and both looked like mid-table clubs.

But over all both team cancelled each other out making a pretty lifeless first half.

H/T 0-0

Straight from kick off Morrison’s shot was blocked, but Paterson tapped home the follow up! 1-0 :thumbright: :bluebird:

46th min: When Paterson scored he ran over to the Dug-out and pulled out Emiliano Sala's shirt the NO 25 and held it up :thumbright: :thumbright: :bluebird: :bluebird:

Later some terrible defending by Cardiff, Phillips went past Joe Bennett way too easily down the West Brom right and pulled it back to Krovinovic on the penalty spot. He was totally unmarked, but kicked the ball in to no where land and what a chance it was!

City then came under a lot of pressure by WBA, with Sean Morrison working hard and solid at times :bluebird: :bluebird:

WBA made two Subs:
Robson-Kanu off, Zohore on.

Kyle Edwards off, Charlie Austin on.

Then Jazz Richards was completely beaten & brings down an Albion player, penalty, Charlie Austin makes it 1-1 :cry: :cry:

Lee Tomlin came on for Glatzel

It continued to be all WBA, with Dara O’Shea heading Matty Phillips’ corner over the bar.

Then bang 76th min, free kick Lee Tomlin top corner 2-1 :thumbright: :bluebird:

Whyte went off, Bacuna came on.

Smitthies amazing save in last min.

Bamba came on for Hoilett.

City held out and deserved the win :thumbright: :bluebird:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: MY VIEW: OVER ALL TONIGHT CARDIFF MANAGED TO BATTLE & PL

Tue Jan 28, 2020 9:41 pm

Big win tonight and we deserved it I think, for the way we defended especially.

Brilliant goal by Tomlin.

That save by Smithies at the end was outstanding!

Tue Jan 28, 2020 9:43 pm

Absolutel brilliant :occasion5:

Tue Jan 28, 2020 9:44 pm

Brilliant win... Smithies in goal makes such a difference what a save!

Tue Jan 28, 2020 9:45 pm

Igovernor wrote:Absolutel brilliant :occasion5:

Love nights like this Roger, I am there Friday night, would love the same result :thumbright: :bluebird:

Tue Jan 28, 2020 9:48 pm

Best performance I've seen all season

Tue Jan 28, 2020 9:49 pm

Great win that is! Hopefully get 1 or 2 players in now before the deadline and really kick start our season - one can dream anyway!

Tue Jan 28, 2020 9:50 pm

Brilliant, gritty performance. Harris deserves credit tonight. Much better tempo from the start and he got Tomlins introduction spot on. City need another result Friday and maybe the second half of the season could be interesting.
Last edited by EastleighBlue on Tue Jan 28, 2020 9:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Jan 28, 2020 9:50 pm

:bluebird:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Tue Jan 28, 2020 9:54 pm

Escott1927 wrote:Great win that is! Hopefully get 1 or 2 players in now before the deadline and really kick start our season - one can dream anyway!

Dream on shagga hahaha

Tue Jan 28, 2020 9:54 pm

Get in. :bluescarf: :ayatollah: :bluebird:

Tue Jan 28, 2020 10:00 pm

Good win, even though West Brom look a shadow of the team that beat us up there in October :bluescarf:

Tue Jan 28, 2020 10:06 pm

nubbsy wrote:
Escott1927 wrote:Great win that is! Hopefully get 1 or 2 players in now before the deadline and really kick start our season - one can dream anyway!

Dream on shagga hahaha
:laughing6: :laughing6:

Tue Jan 28, 2020 10:10 pm

nubbsy wrote:

Dream on shagga hahaha

I know :lol:

Tue Jan 28, 2020 10:10 pm

Great result ...FairPlay to Harris ...team started both halves well and battled and played abit..Smithies and Tomlin both made big contributions.
Another 3 points on Friday and we really will be in the mix

Tue Jan 28, 2020 10:11 pm

Superb win, time to stop slagging him off every week now and get behind him.

Lose on Friday and people will want him sacked. Great win and well done.

Tue Jan 28, 2020 10:28 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
Igovernor wrote:Absolutel brilliant :occasion5:

Love nights like this Roger, I am there Friday night, would love the same result :thumbright: :bluebird:

Yes me too, and here's to another win Friday :thumbup:

Tue Jan 28, 2020 10:29 pm

A tremendous effort by everyone but Patterson, Vaulks were tremendous, energy , drive and determination.
The goal from Tomlin was sublime but the save by Smithies was unbelievable.
Well done NH and the rest of the team.

Tue Jan 28, 2020 11:00 pm

Seemed tonight like Harris has finally found his preferred 11. Only thing that needs to change is now put Paterson up front with tomlin behind. Paterson was amazing tonight, brilliant in the air and pressed from the front

Tue Jan 28, 2020 11:29 pm

Great result but our defence don't half give me the jitters but I guess that's part of the fun of following The City

Tue Jan 28, 2020 11:40 pm

Love how Patterson puts himself about! Barging every fucker, underneath every ball and winning most of them, wrestling for everything, chasing the ball down non stop! Cracking work rate on the lad and always gives 100% which we don't often see from City players these days and he's like it every time he plays! a real Cardiff supporters player.

Tue Jan 28, 2020 11:48 pm

Paterson ran from one touch line to the other to make a foul and in the last minute was digging in winning challenges, the crowd love a grafter and respond. In turn the team feed off the crowd, hes won the Jersey for the next game.

Wed Jan 29, 2020 12:15 am

blue lagoon wrote:Superb win, time to stop slagging him off every week now and get behind him.

Lose on Friday and people will want him sacked. Great win and well done.

He has to get the team playing like that consistently it’s no good saying get behind him after one win.

We had a brilliant result against Wednesday an how did that get followed up?

Flint is out of the team now hopefully Glatzel is kept out by Patterson and then Ralls gets back fit and keeps Pack out we should be going places.

Wed Jan 29, 2020 7:11 am

:bluebird:

Wed Jan 29, 2020 7:46 am

Fantastic result. Let's hope we can kick on now and build some momentum. :clap:

Wed Jan 29, 2020 12:45 pm

Stats last night:

Wed Jan 29, 2020 3:19 pm

Wasn't Sala's shirt,it was for Jordon Sink or.

Wed Jan 29, 2020 3:21 pm

Sinnot,sorry.

Wed Jan 29, 2020 9:08 pm

Great Result :bluebird:

Thu Jan 30, 2020 1:05 am

Escott1927 wrote:
nubbsy wrote:

Dream on shagga hahaha

I know :lol:

Don't knock dreaming, remember Susan Boyle, dreamed a dream,and now she is minted :laughing5: :old: :bluebird: