Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

The level of football is dire

Tue Jan 28, 2020 8:44 pm

This is like watching a training game.. shockingly bad can’t play football at all!

Let’s hope it’s better the second half

Re: The level of football is dire

Tue Jan 28, 2020 9:04 pm

Well it’s a damn sight better than what we had to put up under Warnock!

Tue Jan 28, 2020 9:13 pm

BluebirdsTilIDie wrote:This is like watching a training game.. shockingly bad can’t play football at all!

I totally agree, not improved, but Harris in tonights programme is more than happy with team.

Tue Jan 28, 2020 9:36 pm

2-1 up against top of the league

Tue Jan 28, 2020 9:40 pm

First half was shocking second half much better performance..

Patterson motm

Tue Jan 28, 2020 9:48 pm

BAMBA CREW wrote:2-1 up against top of the league

Agree totally, apart from smithies save at the end didn't threaten us. People who say its no different from warnock are ridiculous some really good football played today only negative is glatzel just stick with Paterson and tomlin unless we get a striker in. :bluescarf: :bluebird:

Tue Jan 28, 2020 9:55 pm

PontreBlue wrote:

Agree totally, apart from smithies save at the end didn't threaten us. People who say its no different from warnock are ridiculous some really good football played today only negative is glatzel just stick with Paterson and tomlin unless we get a striker in. :bluescarf: :bluebird:

Paterson is definitely the best striker we have tbh

Tue Jan 28, 2020 11:59 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
BluebirdsTilIDie wrote:This is like watching a training game.. shockingly bad can’t play football at all!

I totally agree, not improved, but Harris in tonights programme is more than happy with team.

I don't get it Annis, in your report on the game,you state cardiff usually have a poor first half,but not tonight,and they played both half's ok! We played top of the league, and won,but no improvement? ? It seems you are contradictory with that post,and this one,you keep quoting the one thing about Harris, and his opinion of the squad in posts lately,we all know he wasn't MOST supporters choice,including myself,but I have noticed a change in the way we play,all be it slower than some fans expect, there is improvement imho,I know west brom form hasn't been great of late,but they did just beat west ham away I the cup,and probably saw this as a banker for all 3 pts,we are only the 4th loss for them so far in the league. :old: :bluebird:

Wed Jan 29, 2020 12:30 am

PontreBlue wrote:

Have to agree with this 100% some people will hate Harris just because he wasn't their choice,I noticed even Annis has posted tonight,one was his report of the game, where he openly says they played ok in both halves,and earned a great 3 pts,he then is on a thread entitled the football is dire or something,and agrees with the op :shock: and haves another dig at Harris, and again quotes " the manager says he is happy with the squad",what manager has ever come out and given his opinion as" oh,I've inherited some right shit players,the previous manager left me with a piss poor squad"?? I agree we all have the right to post our opinions,without ending up in a slanging match with a fellow poster,but when I read two very conflicting posts from a poster,especially the owner of the forum,it makes it clearer to me,there is an agenda involved. :sad7: :old: :bluebird:

Wed Jan 29, 2020 2:20 am

PontreBlue wrote:

Why are they ridiculous for saying that football isnt much diff than under warnock

Wed Jan 29, 2020 5:19 am

bluesince62 wrote:
PontreBlue wrote:

Have to agree with this 100% some people will hate Harris just because he wasn't their choice,I noticed even Annis has posted tonight,one was his report of the game, where he openly says they played ok in both halves,and earned a great 3 pts,he then is on a thread entitled the football is dire or something,and agrees with the op :shock: and haves another dig at Harris, and again quotes " the manager says he is happy with the squad",what manager has ever come out and given his opinion as" oh,I've inherited some right shit players,the previous manager left me with a piss poor squad"?? I agree we all have the right to post our opinions,without ending up in a slanging match with a fellow poster,but when I read two very conflicting posts from a poster,especially the owner of the forum,it makes it clearer to me,there is an agenda involved. :sad7: :old: :bluebird:

Hit the nail on the head its an ageda against him because he wasn't some people's choice,I'm not saying he was my first choice but i think hes done well. As for him saying happy with the squad agree with your point new to the club new to the players new to the fans the last thing people would want to hear is this team is poor from the new manager (something else for people to have a go at him for)

Wed Jan 29, 2020 5:21 am

Chippy82 wrote:
PontreBlue wrote:

Why are they ridiculous for saying that football isnt much diff than under warnock

Because it isnt? doesn't take a rocket scientist to notice that.

Wed Jan 29, 2020 6:35 am

The level of football is dire. Let’s be fair you say they didn’t have chances other than at the end that is FALSE.

We have scored from a long throw and directly from a free kick. Other than that I can’t recall many clear cut openings. We struggle to create from open play.

Wed Jan 29, 2020 7:19 am

bluesince62 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

I don't get it Annis, in your report on the game,you state cardiff usually have a poor first half,but not tonight,and they played both half's ok! We played top of the league, and won,but no improvement? ? It seems you are contradictory with that post,and this one,you keep quoting the one thing about Harris, and his opinion of the squad in posts lately,we all know he wasn't MOST supporters choice,including myself,but I have noticed a change in the way we play,all be it slower than some fans expect, there is improvement imho,I know west brom form hasn't been great of late,but they did just beat west ham away I the cup,and probably saw this as a banker for all 3 pts,we are only the 4th loss for them so far in the league. :old: :bluebird:

They do, usually Cardiff get over run this time they held their own, but the football was still boring and nothing to it.
Last night I said if you read both clubs looked like mid table teams.

Wed Jan 29, 2020 8:03 am

BarryWelsh88 wrote:The level of football is dire. Let’s be fair you say they didn’t have chances other than at the end that is FALSE.

We have scored from a long throw and directly from a free kick. Other than that I can’t recall many clear cut openings. We struggle to create from open play.

You need to learn to read buddy i said threaten us not have chances, smithies makes a great save the other a penalty other than that there was nothing. We limited them to 3 on target for a team top of the league? come on its okay to be positive :thumbup: :ayatollah:

Wed Jan 29, 2020 8:47 am

Pontre are you forgetting the run from Phillips and chance glazed over by their midfielder? Just because it’s not on target doesn’t mean it’s not a chance :thumbup:

Wed Jan 29, 2020 9:07 am

BarryWelsh88 wrote:Pontre are you forgetting the run from Phillips and chance glazed over by their midfielder? Just because it’s not on target doesn’t mean it’s not a chance :thumbup:

Just answer this for me then do you think limiting a team top of the league 3 shots on target is a good effort from the boys and Harris got his tactics right tonight keep it compact and hit them with set peices?

Wed Jan 29, 2020 9:48 am

Does anyone realise WBA were 2nd in the league? No pleasing some.

Wed Jan 29, 2020 9:52 am

PontreBlue wrote:
BarryWelsh88 wrote:Pontre are you forgetting the run from Phillips and chance glazed over by their midfielder? Just because it’s not on target doesn’t mean it’s not a chance :thumbup:

Just answer this for me then do you think limiting a team top of the league 3 shots on target is a good effort from the boys and Harris got his tactics right tonight keep it compact and hit them with set peices?

Wouldn't bother wasting breath loves to be negative about city but loves to praise opposition! As you said they had 3 efforts for a top of league club that means they were restricted by a team performance, but instead hes highlighting what he considers chances to them what about chances city had in 1st half which were exactly what hes praising WBA for..... as a typical WUM approach to posting :old:

Wed Jan 29, 2020 9:54 am

DangerousDavies wrote:Does anyone realise WBA were 2nd in the league? No pleasing some.

Were top before game! No cannot please some even if we were top league get same comments and will find everything negative to post about city players :roll:

Wed Jan 29, 2020 9:56 am

DangerousDavies wrote:Does anyone realise WBA were 2nd in the league? No pleasing some.

yes mate was a great win..
that does not mean you can not say the first half was awful { not WE were awful ,the game was }

Wed Jan 29, 2020 10:00 am

dogfound wrote:

that does not mean you can not say the first half was awful { not WE were awful ,the game was }

First half was a 0-0 draw against a team probably going to be in the Premier League next year and in my opinion will win the league. It isn’t easy to play well against sides like this simply because they don’t let you.

Wed Jan 29, 2020 10:03 am

pembroke allan wrote:
PontreBlue wrote:

Wouldn't bother wasting breath loves to be negative about city but loves to praise opposition! As you said they had 3 efforts for a top of league club that means they were restricted by a team performance, but instead hes highlighting what he considers chances to them what about chances city had in 1st half which were exactly what hes praising WBA for..... as a typical WUM approach to posting :old:

Glad I'm not the only one who thought that :thumbup: great win onto Reading next :ayatollah: :bluescarf: :occasion5:

Wed Jan 29, 2020 10:09 am

DangerousDavies wrote:
dogfound wrote:

First half was a 0-0 draw against a team probably going to be in the Premier League next year and in my opinion will win the league. It isn’t easy to play well against sides like this simply because they don’t let you.

doesn't change the fact is was a poor spectacle. which is what was said.

Wed Jan 29, 2020 10:17 am

Not sure what people expected though. We are an average side going up against a class one, we were never going to play them off the park. The uglier the game the better for us. People should be loving the fact it was an ugly game not moaning about it. If it was a pretty game to watch CCFC would have been on the wrong end of a hiding.

Wed Jan 29, 2020 10:18 am

dogfound wrote:
DangerousDavies wrote:
dogfound wrote:

Was a poor game overall but was a good team performance had to be to reduce them to 3 shots on target despite their poor run at moment... and tbh they helped make it a poor game with type game they played? 20mins gone they had 78% possession and hard to think of them inside our penalty area once in that time! And that continued until we gave them penalty! only when they brought on striker and went 3 at back then did they looked threatening at times :old:

Wed Jan 29, 2020 10:50 am

pembroke allan wrote:
dogfound wrote:
DangerousDavies wrote:
dogfound wrote:

Was a poor game overall but was a good team performance had to be to reduce them to 3 shots on target despite their poor run at moment... and tbh they helped make it a poor game with type game they played? 20mins gone they had 78% possession and hard to think of them inside our penalty area once in that time! And that continued until we gave them penalty! only when they brought on striker and went 3 at back then did they looked threatening at times :old:

overall I enjoyed the game ,especially as we won..
but the thread was started at half time.. and at that point we were doing ok to be holding the league leaders but it had been a poor watch...that was my view . and didn't see much wrong with the OP or Annis agreeing with the OP..

Wed Jan 29, 2020 11:28 am

DangerousDavies wrote:Not sure what people expected though. We are an average side going up against a class one, we were never going to play them off the park. The uglier the game the better for us. People should be loving the fact it was an ugly game not moaning about it. If it was a pretty game to watch CCFC would have been on the wrong end of a hiding.

Exactly! We haven’t got the players to play possession football, especially against a team like WBA. They would have battered us if we tried to play like them. Set pieces were always going to be our strong point and that’s the way it panned out last night.
Great effort from the boys on the pitch and the Manager. Great 3 points!

Wed Jan 29, 2020 12:53 pm

I think Harris is an improvement
On warnock but not much he can do with
Those players than to play to their strengths.

The season stats will tell.
Possession, passing, free play goals.
Goals conceeded, pace, accuracy....

3 players would give us a huge boost.
I think he needs footballing:- striker, c/h or FB and midfielder.

Only trouble is, our fear is hell pick the sane shite that warnick did..

Wed Jan 29, 2020 1:07 pm

Personally , I’m just glad for 3 points against the top side in the league .
Yes the football wasn’t great etc etc yes I didn’t want Harris etc etc
But we won .
WBA are a good side on a bad run but would have fancied the win last night .

Credit where credit is due and move on to Friday .
Not just the game but also the close of the transfer window ...could be an interesting day :bluebird: