Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: O/T Netflix

Wed Apr 08, 2020 1:55 pm

The English Game is a good watch, About the start of the FA Cup and only 6 episodes

Wed Apr 08, 2020 2:33 pm

T1JMO wrote:Ozark :thumbright:

just watched the first 6 in series one, it's decent but some weird characters, it's hard to work out how it will unfold!

Wed Apr 08, 2020 2:35 pm

powysblue wrote:
jimmy_rat wrote:
Pennydarrenblue wrote:
powysblue wrote:Just finished watching "making a murderer" on Netflix ( 20 x episodes over 2 seasons).

It is a documentary / fact based real life story.

It does get a bit monotonous and repetitive in places but all I can Say is "F-ck" it is unbelievable what happens in the name of Money, state and public corruption. :shock:

If you like real life detective type thinking stuff then this is for you but stick with it and watch it right up to episode 20.

Another excellent show is "Mindhunter" as already said.

I loved it.

If you liked them try The Staircase.

Good call Jimmy, up to episode 7 of 20 of "The Staircase" and your right enjoying the court process (don't know yet which way it will go), I keep swinging back and forth Guilty or not Guilty ? :?:

Suppose I will find out soon though :thumbup:

It's a good series, it covers a lot of detail :thumbup:

Wed Apr 08, 2020 3:03 pm

I watch FRIENDS and comedy films like GOON or Dumb And Dumber. Other than that I watch the old TOP GEAR.

Thu Apr 09, 2020 10:29 am

Just finished binge watching "Caliphate"

Another strong powerful subject (advise to switch on English dub and subtitles) as it is Swedish.

I admire our British Security services and through out the western world as they have a real tough fight on their hands but inevitably some of these bastards will slip through the net. Lone wolves especially and they are getting more and more sneaky and devious in the ways of evasion.

I am all TV'd out after watching all these programs.

Hope this nice weather lasts so I can get out in the garden and paint my garden seats and table this weekend - My arse cant take much more sitting !!! :shock:

Fri Apr 10, 2020 12:32 am

Watched the first couple of episodes of Tiger King tonight.

Tried to put it off because not sure I could stand the animal cruelty side of it.

But the people in it are mad.

Fri Apr 10, 2020 4:13 am

The Last Post.

A series about the British Army in Aden in the 60s. My dad was based there in 67 and I lived with my mother at a military housing estate near Rugby that was used for families whose fathers were sent to Aden. Every time a father came home for leave it was a big occasion for the estate. It was mandatory for the father to go and play football with the kids of the estate. Usually his sons would play in one team while he would play in the other. This is how I started to get into football as I was 7 at the time.

Anyway back to the series. it gives a good impression of what life was like out there then for the military. The problems they faced seem like the same problems our military are facing in Irag and Afghanistan. So it looks like we have not learnt much. However you get the impression that the Army out there were united which was good to see because my experience in the military was totally different. Worth a watch it is.

Fri Apr 10, 2020 8:09 am

Bluebina wrote:

just watched the first 6 in series one, it's decent but some weird characters, it's hard to work out how it will unfold!

stick with it mate, we’re halfway through series 3, some wicked plot turns in it.

Fri Apr 10, 2020 8:10 pm

powysblue wrote:Just finished binge watching "Caliphate"

Another strong powerful subject (advise to switch on English dub and subtitles) as it is Swedish.

I admire our British Security services and through out the western world as they have a real tough fight on their hands but inevitably some of these bastards will slip through the net. Lone wolves especially and they are getting more and more sneaky and devious in the ways of evasion.

I am all TV'd out after watching all these programs.

Hope this nice weather lasts so I can get out in the garden and paint my garden seats and table this weekend - My arse cant take much more sitting !!! :shock:

I binge watched it too.

Decent litle series, I did enjoy it but its also a very serious subject that needs eradicating

Fri Apr 10, 2020 8:12 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:The Last Post.

A series about the British Army in Aden in the 60s. My dad was based there in 67 and I lived with my mother at a military housing estate near Rugby that was used for families whose fathers were sent to Aden. Every time a father came home for leave it was a big occasion for the estate. It was mandatory for the father to go and play football with the kids of the estate. Usually his sons would play in one team while he would play in the other. This is how I started to get into football as I was 7 at the time.

Anyway back to the series. it gives a good impression of what life was like out there then for the military. The problems they faced seem like the same problems our military are facing in Irag and Afghanistan. So it looks like we have not learnt much. However you get the impression that the Army out there were united which was good to see because my experience in the military was totally different. Worth a watch it is.

Got it on my list mate, struggling at the moment though to sit and watch anything more than 20 minutes due watching so much, I'm enjoying some podcasts at the moment for a change

Fri Apr 10, 2020 11:08 pm

Not sure if people have seen it but Community is worth a watch, made by same creators of Rick and Morty.

Great writing, plenty of themes and a good story throughout. Highly recommend!

Mon May 04, 2020 9:26 am

Bluebina wrote:

I've seen them all now, brilliant can't wait for another series :thumbup:

I would recommend!

What's next ???

Mon May 04, 2020 10:29 am

worcester_ccfc wrote:Watched the first couple of episodes of Tiger King tonight.

Tried to put it off because not sure I could stand the animal cruelty side of it.

But the people in it are mad.

They all sorts of weird plus some. Not any animal cruelty that’s outside what the accepted norm is for keeping animals.

Mon May 04, 2020 11:36 am

Nighthunter with Ben Kingsley. See if your heart stops at one bit.

Mon May 04, 2020 11:50 am

actionman wrote:Nighthunter with Ben Kingsley. See if your heart stops at one bit.

:thumbup: