UPDATED: ‘ Cardiff Accuse Nantes FC of Manslaughter ‘

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: UPDATED: ‘ Cardiff Accuse Nantes FC of Manslaughter ‘

Postby JulesK » Tue Jan 28, 2020 9:19 pm

Quite right Allan, folk should also read the English version as well as one translated from French!!

Let's not forget, there's was also a separate investigation into the Nantes owner going on at the same time regarding money with PC's and files being removed , So it doesn't suit him for this to be kept in public view.
Keeping the Faith since '74.
JulesK

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Postby JasonFowler1991 » Tue Jan 28, 2020 10:23 pm

Not nice to read. I'd like the two clubs to put an end to this saga now, for the sake of his family at least.
We're treating him like a commodity now and I think it'd be best for everyone to come to an agreement.

R.I.P
JasonFowler1991

Re: Cardiff file lawsuit against Nantes

Postby A Quiet Monkfish » Tue Jan 28, 2020 10:39 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:Time they gave this thing up.

Pay them the money.

I take the opposite view. If it weren't for the City taking this course of action, then those individuals whether agents or representatives of Nantes FC who contributed to this tragedy would go unchallenged. No-one else seems bothered to uncover the facts..
A Quiet Monkfish

Postby Charlie Harper » Tue Jan 28, 2020 10:57 pm

A Quiet Monkfish wrote:

Pay them the money.

I take the opposite view. If it weren't for the City taking this course of action, then those individuals whether agents or representatives of Nantes FC who contributed to this tragedy would go unchallenged. No-one else seems bothered to uncover the facts..

Absolutely agree with you. The whole thing stinks of a cover up and my feeling is that it was dodgy from the start and the truth needs to come out to make sure this sad episode never happens again.
I feel City are doing the right thing.
RIP Emiliano :bluebird:
Mad bad and dangerous to know
Charlie Harper

Postby pembroke allan » Tue Jan 28, 2020 11:05 pm

JulesK wrote:Quite right Allan, folk should also read the English version as well as one translated from French!!

Let's not forget, there's was also a separate investigation into the Nantes owner going on at the same time regarding money with PC's and files being removed , So it doesn't suit him for this to be kept in public view.

When you read city statement it is not doing anything other than say why they are taking this action... and as such they are entitled to if they've been advised that they should file papers ! We all believe something very odd abou the arrangements regarding flight and pilot plus agents, so why is anyone surprised city are looking for answers?
pembroke allan

Postby blueboots » Tue Jan 28, 2020 11:59 pm

I would say if you look into any international transfer then you will find things some seem as dodgy. Agents have been a way of doing things in football for years and all clubs accept it and use them. Cardiff found benefit in working with McKay so much they signed his son as a makeweight. When a deal doesn’t go their way it’s a bit rich to then kick up a fuss. Contacts between player and clubs were finalised and valid. This is just an expensive way of procrastinating. If the payment was done when it was owed then £15m may well have been it, I can see this cost spiralling to £25m+ with level fees, investigators, interest not to mention immeasurable damage to the clubs image.
blueboots

Postby wez1927 » Wed Jan 29, 2020 12:08 am

blueboots wrote:I would say if you look into any international transfer then you will find things some seem as dodgy. Agents have been a way of doing things in football for years and all clubs accept it and use them. Cardiff found benefit in working with McKay so much they signed his son as a makeweight. When a deal doesn’t go their way it’s a bit rich to then kick up a fuss. Contacts between player and clubs were finalised and valid. This is just an expensive way of procrastinating. If the payment was done when it was owed then £15m may well have been it, I can see this cost spiralling to £25m+ with level fees, investigators, interest not to mention immeasurable damage to the clubs image.

The contract between the two clubs stated the deal isn't finalised until all registration were completed, they were not completed,the premier league rejected the contract there were no guarantee s that the new one would be signed by sala, I fully expect the club to win this case
CARDIFF CITY TILL I DIE !
wez1927

Re: ‘ Cardiff Accuse Nantes FC of Manslaughter ‘

Postby skidemin » Wed Jan 29, 2020 12:34 am

Tony Blue Williams wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:I agree from day one this deal was very dodgy agents etc

Plus £5mill is what Sala was originally valued at.

But this is taking it way to far to try to get out if paying and now accuse Nantes FC as they had nothing to do with flight , Sala staying back .
I have read the book and spoken to French reporters for months.

We look bad enough and this for me will really hurt our reputation.

For me manslaughter is for the agents.

I agree that the involuntary manslaughter is down to the agents, but Nantes were vicarious liable and therefore negligent under French law because a contract existed between them and Mark McKay with regard to the Sala transfer.

The actions of agents acting on behalf of Nantes caused financial damage to CCFC and rightly we should seek compensation.

trouble is with this is that Mark Mckay was their agent. not Willie Mckay.
and its well documented that Willie Mckay { who is not an agent } organised the flight as a favour to the player.
its also pretty well documented that { A } we had offered ES a commercial flight { why if it was Nantes or their agents responsibility } which the player turned down..{B} ES was trying to organise his own alternative flight { again why if it was Nantes responsibility..}
Mark and Willie are not one and the same person, so which do you blame ? the one who did not organise any flight. or the one that is not even an agent ?
skidemin

Postby plymouthbloobirds » Wed Jan 29, 2020 12:53 am

Our club is Cardiff City.....The fans....The club handle legal matters as advised and i do respect the fact that CCFC PLC will not be ripped off. As preciously said initial fee 5 mil, Now "17". Bollocks. Our club couldnt wait for Emeliano Sala to grace our turf. End of. I can garantee every single fan feels that! GARANTEE!!!!
It is well known the agents involved were bent. What is to be will be. Personally, i feel upmost respect and sorry for his family 100% and maybe they need our continuing love as they would of had if everything was rosey. But lots in life is not rosey, the culprits need to be brought to justice and i do not blame CCFC for not being held responsible for the devastating events. I also hope its put to bed soon, for the families sake, i honestly do, but if the bent agents are trying to rob our club then they deserve everyhing they get. If Nantes are trying to milk it then they deserve everthing they get also. All the Bluebirds wanted was a decent honest player within out Cardiff City family. It was not to be. HE WILL ALWAYS BE IN OUR HEARTS :ayatollah:
plymouthbloobirds

Postby pembroke allan » Wed Jan 29, 2020 12:58 am

wez1927 wrote:
blueboots wrote:I would say if you look into any international transfer then you will find things some seem as dodgy. Agents have been a way of doing things in football for years and all clubs accept it and use them. Cardiff found benefit in working with McKay so much they signed his son as a makeweight. When a deal doesn’t go their way it’s a bit rich to then kick up a fuss. Contacts between player and clubs were finalised and valid. This is just an expensive way of procrastinating. If the payment was done when it was owed then £15m may well have been it, I can see this cost spiralling to £25m+ with level fees, investigators, interest not to mention immeasurable damage to the clubs image.

The contract between the two clubs stated the deal isn't finalised until all registration were completed, they were not completed,the premier league rejected the contract there were no guarantee s that the new one would be signed by sala, I fully expect the club to win this case

He is saying contracts are valid and signed? Obviously he was at all the meetings where the paperwork was done? at city at premier league ect ect, if this was 100% the case why the fck is city being able to go to CAS to question these thing's? Judging by remarks and date joined sounds like " it's" back to insert his expert inside knowledge of everything you care to mention? :roll:
pembroke allan

Postby bluesince62 » Wed Jan 29, 2020 1:08 am

But this is taking it way to far to try to get out if paying and now accuse Nantes FC as they had nothing to do with flight , Sala staying back .

I agree that the involuntary manslaughter is down to the agents, but Nantes were vicarious liable and therefore negligent under French law because a contract existed between them and Mark McKay with regard to the Sala transfer.

The actions of agents acting on behalf of Nantes caused financial damage to CCFC and rightly we should seek compensation.

Whilst I don't like the cloud hovering over our club,and have 0 knowledge regards french law,but you seem pretty au fait with it (pardon the pun :lol: ) if what you say is indeed true,then the club should be fighting for compensation, but who out of them are likely to be covered for that,or more importantly have the funds/assets to pay? This hopefully will be sorted with the outcome with cas decision? Or do you believe city will not pay,still believing they are not liable? Could drag on for some time,if that happens,and if fans ain't happy now,imagine how they'll feel with an embargo for 3 windows!! Personally I can't wait for the end of it,one way or the other. :old: :bluebird:
bluesince62

Postby pembroke allan » Wed Jan 29, 2020 1:14 am

bluesince62 wrote:

Whilst I don't like the cloud hovering over our club,and have 0 knowledge regards french law,but you seem pretty au fait with it (pardon the pun :lol: ) if what you say is indeed true,then the club should be fighting for compensation, but who out of them are likely to be covered for that,or more importantly have the funds/assets to pay? This hopefully will be sorted with the outcome with cas decision? Or do you believe city will not pay,still believing they are not liable? Could drag on for some time,if that happens,and if fans ain't happy now,imagine how they'll feel with an embargo for 3 windows!! Personally I can't wait for the end of it,one way or the other. :old: :bluebird:

City wont refuse to pay if CAS goes against them unless they can appeal CAS which I doubt... so expect city to pay and possibly chase the money to whoever is responsible for the tragic events.... someone will be found accountable for the events leading upto crash but not sure if it will help city get any money back.....
pembroke allan

Postby Sven » Wed Jan 29, 2020 1:49 am

So, after reading the varying reports on this matter, it seems that Cardiff City FC has (quote) "passed on details to prosecutors in France to consider whether FC Nantes has a case to answer over the death of Emiliano Sala"

The Bluebirds have refused to pay a £15m transfer fee to the French club and said (quote)"sufficient evidence of wrong doing" has occurred

A spokesman fur FC Nantes said the club were (quote) "absolutely stunned" by the move

French Law allows for such prosecutions to be considered and a decision will be made according to the weight of evidence provided and not because Cardiff City FC asked for it

Do the Bluebirds have a case?

Seems many have an opinion but the only one that will count is that of the French Courts after consideration and due process. Until then, it's just conjecture
"If you think what I say is 'offensive' to you, you should hear what I keep to myself...!"
Sven

Postby dogfound » Wed Jan 29, 2020 1:56 am

Sven wrote:So, after reading the varying reports on this matter, it seems that Cardiff City FC has (quote) "passed on details to prosecutors in France to consider whether FC Nantes has a case to answer over the death of Emiliano Sala"

The Bluebirds have refused to pay a £15m transfer fee to the French club and said (quote)"sufficient evidence of wrong doing" has occurred

A spokesman fur FC Nantes said the club were (quote) "absolutely stunned" by the move

French Law allows for such prosecutions to be considered and a decision will be made according to the weight of evidence provided and not because Cardiff City FC asked for it

Seems many have an opinion but the only one that will count is that of the French Courts after consideration and due process. Until then, it's just conjecture

but we have asked for it, we have passed on documents for prosecutors to consider if there is a case to answer.
dogfound

Postby Isawgarystevensscoreagoal » Wed Jan 29, 2020 2:39 am

Willie Mackay has been declared bankrupt. How much money has been moved to agent son Paul who knows. We can't sue them so are using French law to go after Nantes which we can only do with any sense if Sala was our player which we've been arguing he wasn't. Is that right?

And the two sons/ brothers of agent were at the time being paid by our club and playing for our u23s?

And the same agent as used by us before and several of our players?

That should help us form a good argument for agents misappropriate behaviour and our lack of information about them.
Isawgarystevensscoreagoal

Postby goats » Wed Jan 29, 2020 6:55 am

A Quiet Monkfish wrote:

Pay them the money.

Good point, I agree too. All Nantes want is the money, not the truth by the looks of it. Yet we are the bad guys somehow
goats

Postby Sven » Wed Jan 29, 2020 9:14 am

dogfound wrote:
Sven wrote:So, after reading the varying reports on this matter, it seems that Cardiff City FC has (quote) "passed on details to prosecutors in France to consider whether FC Nantes has a case to answer over the death of Emiliano Sala"

but we have asked for it, we have passed on documents for prosecutors to consider if there is a case to answer.

Yes, of course; but the point being made in the article is that the French prosecutors will make the decision on validity

City can claim what they like but if the evidence isn't there, it won't go anywhere; but if it is...
"If you think what I say is 'offensive' to you, you should hear what I keep to myself...!"
Sven

Postby dogfound » Wed Jan 29, 2020 9:25 am

Sven wrote:
dogfound wrote:

Yes, of course; but the point being made in the article is that the French prosecutors will make the decision on validity

City can claim what they like but if the evidence isn't there, it won't go anywhere; but if it is...

yes of course , just like our CPS they will only prosecute if they think there is a case to answer.
but we do seem to be taking aim at anyone and anything involved in the transfer.
dogfound

Postby dogfound » Wed Jan 29, 2020 9:38 am

wez1927 wrote:

how could the deal not be finalised but the player be registered a Cardiff City player by our own FA and FIFA.
had this been on deadline day ? the wrongly filled in forms would have been returned from the PL outside the window. now either the Premier league would have given us x amount of time to amend them. or, he wouldn't be allowed to play in the Prem. either way the transfer was complete , we held his contract/registration and transferring back to Nantes or someone else wouldn't be allowed.. if no player had ever signed for a club but then been ineligible to play in a certain competition id understand the point.. but that's not the case..
dogfound

Postby Llantwit bluebird » Wed Jan 29, 2020 9:41 am

Clearly this scenario isn't just a question of money and would be wrong for the club to pay the fee and brush it under the table. There are still questions that need answering and dodgy deals to be exposed. Someone is responsible and if I were a member of the Sala family I would want the facts revealed before closure.
Llantwit bluebird

Postby JulesK » Wed Jan 29, 2020 10:19 am

pembroke allan wrote:
JulesK wrote:Quite right Allan, folk should also read the English version as well as one translated from French!!

When you read city statement it is not doing anything other than say why they are taking this action... and as such they are entitled to if they've been advised that they should file papers ! We all believe something very odd abou the arrangements regarding flight and pilot plus agents, so why is anyone surprised city are looking for answers?

Allen maybe i worded that first bit wrong but was agreeing with you :thumbright:

Also agree I think our resident expert on everything put his toe back in the water to test it :!:

When all this finally comes to an end perhaps we will be hated a bit more than usual :occasion5: but if it saves another life or financially cripples dodgy agents it will be worth it
Keeping the Faith since '74.
JulesK

Postby dogfound » Wed Jan 29, 2020 11:06 am

Llantwit bluebird wrote:Clearly this scenario isn't just a question of money and would be wrong for the club to pay the fee and brush it under the table. There are still questions that need answering and dodgy deals to be exposed. Someone is responsible and if I were a member of the Sala family I would want the facts revealed before closure.

clamping down on agents is a FIFA thing..i do think they are trying at the moment to introduce new rules..
as for someone being to blame. I think that's what everyone would like but sometimes an accident is a series of unfortunate events and mistakes and not just one persons fault. people have blamed Nantes, the agent, the agents father , the pilot, the fella that hired or asked a favour of the pilot. the plane owner and whoever maintained the plane. finding a definitive person to blame amongst that lot ? well
dogfound

Postby wez1927 » Wed Jan 29, 2020 11:08 am

dogfound wrote:
wez1927 wrote:

how could the deal not be finalised but the player be registered a Cardiff City player by our own FA and FIFA.
had this been on deadline day ? the wrongly filled in forms would have been returned from the PL outside the window. now either the Premier league would have given us x amount of time to amend them. or, he wouldn't be allowed to play in the Prem. either way the transfer was complete , we held his contract/registration and transferring back to Nantes or someone else wouldn't be allowed.. if no player had ever signed for a club but then been ineligible to play in a certain competition id understand the point.. but that's not the case..

The contract for payment is totally different to the registration with fifa ,fifa admitted that they never looked in to the contract, cas will ,there are many aspects to this case that are coming out all the time ,nantes never disclosed payments to agents on the registration which they have to ,fifa might or might not look into that again this has gone past a simple players registration, the whole deal looks shady as fook
wez1927

Postby Sven » Wed Jan 29, 2020 11:12 am

dogfound wrote:
Sven wrote:
dogfound wrote:

yes of course , just like our CPS they will only prosecute if they think there is a case to answer.
but we do seem to be taking aim at anyone and anything involved in the transfer.

Agreed and personally I think the Agents have a lot to answer for. But equally, if FC Nantes have (as is being suggested) been culpable in their own actions or throught their owner''s actions, it might well be game on

Over to Messrs. Grenouilles :thumbup:
Sven

Postby dogfound » Wed Jan 29, 2020 11:21 am

wez1927 wrote:
dogfound wrote:
wez1927 wrote:

The contract for payment is totally different to the registration with fifa ,fifa admitted that they never looked in to the contract, cas will ,there are many aspects to this case that are coming out all the time ,nantes never disclosed payments to agents on the registration which they have to ,fifa might or might not look into that again this has gone past a simple players registration, the whole deal looks shady as fook

yes mate im aware the player contract and his registration are different things... and yes FIFA were only interested in his registration... why on earth would they be interested in his contract its not their job no matter how many times someone pretends it was over looked. they spelled it out Wez..
the deal does look dodgy but we were party to that deal and knew Willie Mckay was banned.? or at least should have , its not exactly a secret.
dogfound

Postby wez1927 » Wed Jan 29, 2020 11:36 am

dogfound wrote:
wez1927 wrote:
dogfound wrote:
wez1927 wrote:

yes mate im aware the player contract and his registration are different things... and yes FIFA were only interested in his registration... why on earth would they be interested in his contract its not their job no matter how many times someone pretends it was over looked. they spelled it out Wez..
the deal does look dodgy but we were party to that deal and knew Willie Mckay was banned.? or at least should have , its not exactly a secret.
fifa are saying to pay without knowing the cobtract details and not even looking at it ,so when people on this board say just pay why should we ? Why should cardiff lose 15 million plus when others people not cardiff are at fault? Cardiff didn't arrange the illegal flight ,nantes selling agent did why should nantes get all the money for there negligence? I hope we don't have to pay it and we sort something else out for sala s family independently from nantes ,fook nantes and the shady deal
wez1927

Postby DangerousDavies » Wed Jan 29, 2020 1:23 pm

wez1927 wrote:
fifa are saying to pay without knowing the cobtract details and not even looking at it ,so when people on this board say just pay why should we ? Why should cardiff lose 15 million plus when others people not cardiff are at fault? Cardiff didn't arrange the illegal flight ,nantes selling agent did why should nantes get all the money for there negligence? I hope we don't have to pay it and we sort something else out for sala s family independently from nantes ,fook nantes and the shady deal

What do you mean they didn’t look into it? The FIFA decision document has been posted on here many times, it’s very clear in what it says and it mentioned all the contract details and both clubs exact arguments.
DangerousDavies

Postby Paul Keevil » Wed Jan 29, 2020 1:39 pm

I understand some of the views on here and specifically the views as to whether Nantes knew about the flight or didn’t.

Some of you will know that I work in the legal field and last year I was involved in the historic football abuse case of Bob Higgins, who in 1985, was the youth development officer at Southampton football club. Earlier this year he was convicted of around 50 charges Relating to the abuse of young footballers at that time. It is alleged that neither Southampton football club nor manager Lawrie McMenemy knee any of this. But nonetheless Southampton football club are complicit in thisAs Bob Higgins was acting as employee servant or agent of Southampton football club at the time

How is this relevant?

In this case it is properly factusl that Nantes FC did not know the specifics of the flights however if they employed an agent to act on their behalf they become vicariously liable for his actions and that is where I think the situation is.
Looking for a Photographer?

Accredited Champions League, Premiership and FL Photographer
Cover RL, RU, Motorsport etc
Accredited - 2012 Olympic Games
Attend "Celebrity Events" - papping
Weddings & Porfolio Work
Paul Keevil

Postby DangerousDavies » Wed Jan 29, 2020 1:55 pm

Paul Keevil wrote:I understand some of the views on here and specifically the views as to whether Nantes knew about the flight or didn’t.

Some of you will know that I work in the legal field and last year I was involved in the historic football abuse case of Bob Higgins, who in 1985, was the youth development officer at Southampton football club. Earlier this year he was convicted of around 50 charges Relating to the abuse of young footballers at that time. It is alleged that neither Southampton football club nor manager Lawrie McMenemy knee any of this. But nonetheless Southampton football club are complicit in thisAs Bob Higgins was acting as employee servant or agent of Southampton football club at the time

How is this relevant?

In this case it is properly factusl that Nantes FC did not know the specifics of the flights however if they employed an agent to act on their behalf they become vicariously liable for his actions and that is where I think the situation is.

They employed him to complete the deal though, it was contract work based on commission not a salaried employee so once the deal was finalised he was no longer an employee of Nantes.
DangerousDavies

Postby Tony Blue Williams » Wed Jan 29, 2020 2:05 pm

skidemin wrote:

trouble is with this is that Mark Mckay was their agent. not Willie Mckay.
and its well documented that Willie Mckay { who is not an agent } organised the flight as a favour to the player.
its also pretty well documented that { A } we had offered ES a commercial flight { why if it was Nantes or their agents responsibility } which the player turned down..{B} ES was trying to organise his own alternative flight { again why if it was Nantes responsibility..}
Mark and Willie are not one and the same person, so which do you blame ? the one who did not organise any flight. or the one that is not even an agent ?

Mark McKay was the agent acting on behalf of Nantes (not ES) and there is documentary evidence to prove this (i.e. a contract).

Mark McKay then sub-contracted the flight arrangements to his Father Willie McKay. It was still the responsibility of Mark McKay to ensure the travel arrangements were safe and the pilot was qualified even if his Father made the arrangements and if something went wrong then he (Mark McKay) was responsible, this is known as vicarious liability. That vicarious liability would then extend to Nantes as Mark McKay was acting on their behalf in the ES transfer.

The fact we offered a commercial flight to ES is irrelevant because once Mark McKay got involved he took responsibility for the safety of the player and because of French Law that responsibility extended to Nantes.

This all boils down to contract law and who was working for who and vicarious liability. The 'excuse' of 'it's got nothing to do with me gov' doesn't wash as there are clear contracts between parties which designates responsibility.
Tony Blue Williams

PreviousNext

Return to General Chat