Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

' CARDIFF CITY CHASING WATFORD STRIKER '

Tue Jan 28, 2020 3:25 pm

Success is a Watford striker and they have joined the race to sign him alongside Anderlecht.

Your thoughts on this high profile potential striker?

Cardiff are in desperate need of a goalscorer at present, so a move for Success would appear to represent a bit of a gamble.

Cardiff City and Anderlecht enquire about Watford striker Isaac Success - reports

The Bluebirds have also been linked with another Premier League forward in the last day or so in the form of Crystal Palace's Connor Wickham

By Glen Williams

28 JAN 2020

Cardiff City have reportedly made an approach to take Watford striker Isaac Success on loan until the end of the season.

Neil Harris has been clear in his desire to strengthen both up front and the full-back positions this month and is confident he can get some business done before the end of the window.

And the Bluebirds are ramping up their efforts to bolster their attacking ranks before the January transfer window shuts at 11pm on Friday night.

Cardiff have most recently been linked with Crystal Palace striker Connor Wickham. However, latest reports from The Athletic claim the Welsh capital club have sounded out Watford about a loan deal for Success.

The Athletic also report that Belgian giants Anderlecht are interested in acquiring his services.

It is thought Success' representatives are eager to find a suitor this week in order to get their client more game-time, with the Nigeria international having played only six games in all competitions so far this season.

He has struggled to really make an impact at Watford since moving from La Liga club Granada back in 2016, having scored just five times in 49 outings for the Hornets.

Cardiff are in desperate need of a goalscorer at present, so a move for Success would appear to represent a bit of a gamble.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: CARDIFF CITY CHASING WATFORD STRIKER

Tue Jan 28, 2020 3:31 pm

its pretty obvious that targets numbered 1 to 100 are not coming
so know its panic mode.

Tue Jan 28, 2020 3:32 pm

Il beleive it when I see it wol reporting it doesnt help

Tue Jan 28, 2020 3:32 pm

dogfound wrote:its pretty obvious that targets numbered 1 to 100 are not coming
so know its panic mode.

Agreed if we do bring anyone in it will be sheer panic mode

Tue Jan 28, 2020 3:36 pm

Our policy is the same as previous seasons and is now running its course as per usual, we will take anyone.
How many games has there been in January and how many points dropped?
And now only 1 game where we may have the chance to utilise a new signing in January

Tue Jan 28, 2020 3:43 pm

He's hardly been a Success with Watford.

Tue Jan 28, 2020 4:52 pm

Chippy82 wrote:
so know its panic mode.

Why panic mode? It's been obvious that club probably wont bring anyone in unless available Why would they panic buy "joe bloggs" just because they haven't signed anyone ? Other clubs haven't signed players either will they go into panic mode as well? :o

Tue Jan 28, 2020 5:17 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
Chippy82 wrote:
so know its panic mode.

Why panic mode? It's been obvious that club probably wont bring anyone in unless available Why would they panic buy "joe bloggs" just because they haven't signed anyone ? Other clubs haven't signed players either will they go into panic mode as well? :o

well I don't know about Chippy , but im going on what Harris said yesterday..
quote..i cant promise there is going to be a player here because I need to identify the players I want.. sounds to me like he is back to square 1 ?
and yes some clubs will go into panic mode.. be shocked if deadline day is not the busiest day of the window.

Tue Jan 28, 2020 5:18 pm

Scored 2 goals in 3 years, sign him up!

Tue Jan 28, 2020 6:10 pm

Goal return is poor but always looks a handful.

Re: ' CARDIFF CITY CHASING WATFORD STRIKER '

Tue Jan 28, 2020 6:40 pm

Better scoring rate than Madine

Sign him up

Bargain

Tue Jan 28, 2020 6:43 pm

Another striker who doesn’t score....great.

Tue Jan 28, 2020 6:51 pm

dogfound wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
Chippy82 wrote:
so know its panic mode.

quote..i cant promise there is going to be a player here because I need to identify the players I want.. sounds to me like he is back to square 1 ?
and yes some clubs will go into panic mode.. be shocked if deadline day is not the busiest day of the window.

Always busiest day... and also in what I read he said I've identified players and we are actively trying to get players in it may be last day so be it... tbh not bothered in what he says or doesnt say when something happens then can be critical or not..

Tue Jan 28, 2020 7:26 pm

Troy Deeneys well worth a punt. Hoorah for NH and his scouts. Eh? Waddya mean...

Tue Jan 28, 2020 10:29 pm

Hope he brings success.

Wed Jan 29, 2020 1:51 am

Foghorn65 wrote:Troy Deeneys well worth a punt. Hoorah for NH and his scouts. Eh? Waddya mean...

Joke right? The Deeney bit I mean,he's on 110k ffs :roll:

Wed Jan 29, 2020 2:34 am

pembroke allan wrote:
dogfound wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
Chippy82 wrote:
so know its panic mode.

Always busiest day... and also in what I read he said I've identified players and we are actively trying to get players in it may be last day so be it... tbh not bothered in what he says or doesnt say when something happens then can be critical or not..
let's wait and see it's not as if we havent made panic signing in past is it Ricky Lambert springs to mind

Wed Jan 29, 2020 7:07 am

Can't see this happening. Thank goodness.

Wed Jan 29, 2020 9:41 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:He's hardly been a Success with Watford.

;) :thumbup: