Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Cardiff City defender Sol Bamba has not ruled out leaving

Tue Jan 28, 2020 3:16 pm

Cardiff City defender Sol Bamba has not ruled out leaving the Bluebirds this week for a short-term loan deal until the end of the season.

Sky Sports News

Tuesday 28th January 2020

The iconic centre-back has featured just six times so far this term, having come back from a horrendous anterior cruciate ligament injury last March.

It is no secret that the Ivorian is loved in the Welsh capital and indeed has a great fondness of the place and, of course, the club.

But he turned 35 this month and is eager to get out there and play as much football as possible.

And while he waxed lyrical about the club, he conceded he might have to go elsewhere for the next few months to regain that match sharpness.

“Coming back from a long-term injury is always going to be difficult,” he said on Sky Sports News.

“The team has been doing well so I just have to wait for my opportunity to come and when it does come I need to be ready to take it.

“Obviously, I’ve got a fantastic relationship with the fans and the owners and I love it there.

“My family is settled and I don’t want to move again - I’ve been everywhere!

“So I’d love to stay in Cardiff for as long as I can.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Cardiff City defender Sol Bamba has not ruled out leavin

Tue Jan 28, 2020 3:32 pm

I wouldn't be that bothered if he left, but there would have to be a replacement for back up.

Feel our best centre back pairing is Nelson and Morrison.

Bamba has shown since he came back that he won't be the player he was.

Honestly don't think he's good enough anymore, but been a great player for us.

Hope he can find a club where he plays more regularly, but as I say we must bring in a replacement if so.

Not sure how much money he is on?

Tue Jan 28, 2020 3:34 pm

Send him out to Newport while giving him a part time role coaching reserves/academy.

He gets minutes, he gets to stay local, we get to keep his presence around the club

Tue Jan 28, 2020 4:12 pm

Let him go the club have looked after enough older players get some younger players with pace.

We’ve become more of an old players nursing home.

Tue Jan 28, 2020 4:17 pm

BluebirdWhitchurch wrote:Send him out to Newport while giving him a part time role coaching reserves/academy.

He gets minutes, he gets to stay local, we get to keep his presence around the club

Agree

Tue Jan 28, 2020 4:40 pm

BluebirdWhitchurch wrote:Send him out to Newport while giving him a part time role coaching reserves/academy.

That is a great suggestion!

Tue Jan 28, 2020 4:41 pm

Sack NH. Install Sol. What the hell.

Tue Jan 28, 2020 6:40 pm

Pulisnewport wrote:Let him go the club have looked after enough older players get some younger players with pace.

Sol is better than half the players we have - in every position!

doesn't shit out, doesn't take club for a ride, doesn't take any nonsense and doesn't listen to creeps on this board who are happy with a League 2 manager turning us into a league 1 club.

I'd play Sol in any position ahead of some of the 1st team money grabbers we have

Tue Jan 28, 2020 6:53 pm

arri potta wrote:
Pulisnewport wrote:Let him go the club have looked after enough older players get some younger players with pace.

doesn't shit out, doesn't take club for a ride, doesn't take any nonsense and doesn't listen to creeps on this board who are happy with a League 2 manager turning us into a league 1 club.

I'd play Sol in any position ahead of some of the 1st team money grabbers we have

You might get your wish sooner than you think!

Tue Jan 28, 2020 7:02 pm

Pulisnewport wrote:
arri potta wrote:

100% effort wis me over walking around on £20k a week every time, I'd play the kids if we were safe from relegation and put at least 12 on the transfer list, feck em orf they don't give a shot about us.

however, I would get Sol on the coaching side and line him up for the job or as second to someone decent.

Tue Jan 28, 2020 7:15 pm

arri potta wrote:
Pulisnewport wrote:
arri potta wrote:

100% effort wis me over walking around on £20k a week every time, I'd play the kids if we were safe from relegation and put at least 12 on the transfer list, feck em orf they don't give a shot about us.

however, I would get Sol on the coaching side and line him up for the job or as second to someone decent.

I like him would be good to keep him within the club but it won’t happen. We’ve lost numerous players in the past who could have filled a role!

Sol bring groomed for Sky or something similar.