Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Isaac Vassell

Tue Jan 28, 2020 11:21 am

Any update on his injury?

I'd like to see him given a chance, as apart from the sub appearance I don't really know what he's like?

Re: Isaac Vassell

Tue Jan 28, 2020 4:07 pm

Pantmawr Bluebird wrote:Any update on his injury?

I'd like to see him given a chance, as apart from the sub appearance I don't really know what he's like?

no idea mate , other than this injury was thought to keep him out for 2 months , 4 months ago ?

Tue Jan 28, 2020 4:19 pm

wont see him again this season

Tue Jan 28, 2020 4:21 pm

BluebirdsTilIDie wrote:wont see him again this season

Total waste of money, everyone knew he was injury prone!

Tue Jan 28, 2020 4:45 pm

Bluebina wrote:

Not everyone, Warnock didn't :banghead:

Tue Jan 28, 2020 5:32 pm

I don't think this is a recurrence of his knee injury, its his thigh.

Tue Jan 28, 2020 5:48 pm

Probably won’t see him Any season again!

Tue Jan 28, 2020 7:42 pm

His signing was always going to be a waste of time and resources. Still for a fraction of the price he has contributed more than Madine ever could

Wed Jan 29, 2020 12:27 am

There's something not right about this ?
Isaac Vassell last played against Luton in the Caribou cup on the 27th August when he was substituted at half time due to a thigh injury.

It's now 5 months on and he still hasn't featured for any of our teams ? What kind of a thigh injury can keep a player out for 5 months ?
His previous playing history is very similar, so if he can't play football due to injury which can't be fixed,why hasn't he packed it in and claimed the insurance money and allow us to use the funds on someone who can actually play ??

Wed Jan 29, 2020 12:45 am

WitlaBlue wrote:There's something not right about this ?
Isaac Vassell last played against Luton in the Caribou cup on the 27th August when he was substituted at half time due to a thigh injury.

It's now 5 months on and he still hasn't featured for any of our teams ? What kind of a thigh injury can keep a player out for 5 months ?
His previous playing history is very similar, so if he can't play football due to injury which can't be fixed,why hasn't he packed it in and claimed the insurance money and allow us to use the funds on someone who can actually play ??

its not the same injury that he had at Birmingham.
sometimes its just unfortunate.

Wed Jan 29, 2020 12:47 am

IMO, Another example of the complete and utter incompetence of a transfer committee that,,, should Have completely revoked a transfer of a player, with Such a Chequered history of injuries as IV. Shocking,,,, absolutely Shocking!!!

Wed Jan 29, 2020 12:55 am

RICK+CCFC wrote:

IMO, Another example of the complete and utter incompetence of a transfer committee that,,, should Have completely revoked a transfer of a player, with Such a Chequered history of injuries as IV. Shocking,,,, absolutely Shocking!!!

so what exactly is this chequered history of injuries ?

Wed Jan 29, 2020 1:10 am

dogfound wrote:
RICK+CCFC wrote:

IMO, Another example of the complete and utter incompetence of a transfer committee that,,, should Have completely revoked a transfer of a player, with Such a Chequered history of injuries as IV. Shocking,,,, absolutely Shocking

Well he’s had well documented injuries at Birmingham City,,,, correct me if I’m wrong?

Wed Jan 29, 2020 1:39 am

RICK+CCFC wrote:
dogfound wrote:
RICK+CCFC wrote:

IMO, Another example of the complete and utter incompetence of a transfer committee that,,, should Have completely revoked a transfer of a player, with Such a Chequered history of injuries as IV. Shocking,,,, absolutely Shocking

Well he’s had well documented injuries at Birmingham City,,,, correct me if I’m wrong?

yes he was out for a year I think. but that's hardly a chequered history. sometimes your lucky others not so.
opposite examples are Nicky Maynard and Frazier Campbell both had injuries that had kept them out for year prior to coming here.. ..
but you cant just dismiss signing every player that's ever been injured ..like all clubs we sign players who have had a serious injury previously some get injured again some do not..

Wed Jan 29, 2020 3:45 am

After recovering from an acl injury at Birmingham he then had a hip injury. He scored one goal in 21 appearances across 2017/18 and 2018/19.

I think that demonstrates an injury blighted recent past and a distinct lack of goal scoring form.

Wed Jan 29, 2020 9:21 am

Isawgarystevensscoreagoal wrote:After recovering from an acl injury at Birmingham he then had a hip injury. He scored one goal in 21 appearances across 2017/18 and 2018/19.

I think that demonstrates an injury blighted recent past and a distinct lack of goal scoring form.

Birmingham didn't leave him go free , there were other clubs interested , but maybe we should just stop signing players in case they get injured eh..
it happens, and it happens the other way too. we sold Emyr Huws he got injured straight away ,came back and played played 5 games for Ipswich before having a cartilage tear which kept him out for18 months.. it was not Ipswich transfer committees fault for not employing mystic meg it was just rotten luck.
all it demonstrates is they should be selling transfer committee sticks in the shop.

Wed Jan 29, 2020 9:33 am

I asked him last night and he said not long now. So he will play again this season. Not long could be a couple weeks or more I'm guessing

Wed Jan 29, 2020 9:50 am

dogfound wrote:
Isawgarystevensscoreagoal wrote:After recovering from an acl injury at Birmingham he then had a hip injury. He scored one goal in 21 appearances across 2017/18 and 2018/19.

Birmingham didn't leave him go free , there were other clubs interested , but maybe we should just stop signing players in case they get injured eh..
it happens, and it happens the other way too. we sold Emyr Huws he got injured straight away ,came back and played played 5 games for Ipswich before having a cartilage tear which kept him out for18 months.. it was not Ipswich transfer committees fault for not employing mystic meg it was just rotten luck.
all it demonstrates is they should be selling transfer committee sticks in the shop.

Sorry but this is nonsense. Some players are extremely injury prone and that is a fact of life.Issac Vasell is one of them and his time at Bimingham was plagued by injuries. My first thought when we signed him was why have we signed this sicknote. He will play 3 or 4 games for us get injured and be out for months. Course I was wrong about that he didn't even manage 3 or 4 games. This was just an absolutely stupid signing which will cost us a fortune in wages. It was one of those things that persuaded me the Warnock was past his sell by date. Did anyone on the transfer committee question it?

dogfound wrote:

Sorry but this is nonsense. Some players are extremely injury prone and that is a fact of life.Issac Vasell is one of them and his time at Bimingham was plagued by injuries. My first thought when we signed him was why have we signed this sicknote. He will play 3 or 4 games for us get injured and be out for months. Course I was wrong about that he didn't even manage 3 or 4 games. This was just an absolutely stupid signing which will cost us a fortune in wages. It was one of those things that persuaded me the Warnock was past his sell by date. Did anyone on the transfer committee question it?

Bambasbestbuddy22 wrote:

I asked him last night and he said not long now. So he will play again this season. Not long could be a couple weeks or more I'm guessing

a friend of mines brother is a Luton ST holder, he really liked Vassell but it was at a lower level.
who knows how well it will turn out but I don't think it fair people having a pop and suggesting he retire through injury .

Wed Jan 29, 2020 9:51 am

dogfound wrote:

Wed Jan 29, 2020 10:04 am

Crayfish wrote:
dogfound wrote:

ok...which bit is nonsense ? apart from you knowing the future .
at Birmingham he got injured and came back from injury....lets not be making shit up and stick to some facts eh.
jesus,whats wrong with people. boy gets injured so go on the attack.

Wed Jan 29, 2020 9:38 pm

Charlie Harper wrote:
Bluebina wrote:

Not everyone, Warnock didn't :banghead:

;)