Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

' New Striker arrives at Cardiff City next week '

Tue Jan 28, 2020 10:16 am

Malaysian Striker Luqman Hakim Shamsudin will link up with Cardiff City early in February.

The 17-year-old forward was meant to be heading to South Wales earlier, however Malaysia’s Under-19s coach has kept him in the country to take a further look at him.

He currently plays for Selangor in Malaysia, near the capital of Kuala Lumpur, but is set to join Belgian outfit Kortrijk on a five-year deal in the spring.

Luoman will be then joining Vincent Tan-owned KV Kortrijk in March.

“I was told that I will only be leaving sometime in February as I need to answer a national call-up soon,” Malaysian outlet New Strait Times report Luqman as saying.

“But so far I have not heard anything.

“Currently, I am training with the Selangor team,” said Luqman, who turns 18 on March 5.”

Neil Harris and his coaching staff will asses the striker.

The youngster, who turns 18 in March, reportedly caught the eye of Kortrijk when they watched videos of him playing.

The youngster is highly rated by Vincent Tan.

However, it is not uncommon for Tan-owned clubs to collaborate when it comes to players.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: ' New Striker arrives at Cardiff City next week '

Tue Jan 28, 2020 10:59 am

And people say we have no ambition.

Tue Jan 28, 2020 11:08 am

He’s not a painter so I see that as progress.

Tue Jan 28, 2020 11:28 am

maccydee wrote:He’s not a painter so I see that as progress.

:laughing6:

Mate i hear he is one of the new turnstile operators :lol:

Tue Jan 28, 2020 11:33 am

I was hoping for a striker but really lol

Tue Jan 28, 2020 11:37 am

Forever Blue wrote:Malaysian Striker Luqman Hakim Shamsudin will link up with Cardiff City early in February.

The 17-year-old forward was meant to be heading to South Wales earlier, however Malaysia’s Under-19s coach has kept him in the country to take a further look at him.

He currently plays for Selangor in Malaysia, near the capital of Kuala Lumpur, but is set to join Belgian outfit Kortrijk on a five-year deal in the spring.

“I was told that I will only be leaving sometime in February as I need to answer a national call-up soon,” Malaysian outlet New Strait Times report Luqman as saying.

“Currently, I am training with the Selangor team,” said Luqman, who turns 18 on March 5.”

The youngster, who turns 18 in March, reportedly caught the eye of Kortrijk when they watched videos of him playing.

However, it is not uncommon for Tan-owned clubs to collaborate when it comes to players.

Is he signing for us then going to korttijk ? It dont make sense

Tue Jan 28, 2020 11:39 am

RageJon wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:Malaysian Striker Luqman Hakim Shamsudin will link up with Cardiff City early in February.

He is signing for another of Tans clubs, but we are going to look at him for a month and if Harris likes him he can come back here on loan.

Tue Jan 28, 2020 11:51 am

Forever Blue wrote:
RageJon wrote:

He is signing for another of Tans clubs, but we are going to look at him for a month and if Harris likes him he can come back here on loan.

Let's hope he has a bit of umphhh in him and can provide us with some raw hungryness we need

Tue Jan 28, 2020 12:01 pm

This isn't the first time that we've had a promising Malaysian footballing talent over for our coaching team to "Have a look at", is it?

I seem to remember a lad, who was playing for the Malaysian national team at the time, over for trials some time ago??

Tue Jan 28, 2020 12:06 pm

Vincent Tan recommnds him. 8-)

Tue Jan 28, 2020 12:25 pm

"Highly rated by Vincent Tan".

Must be good then!

Tue Jan 28, 2020 12:36 pm

RageJon wrote:

It's to get a work permit.

Tue Jan 28, 2020 12:45 pm

JJ1927 wrote:"Highly rated by Vincent Tan".

Must be good then!

Shoots 30 times a match I reckon

Tue Jan 28, 2020 12:55 pm

I could cry. I really could.

Tue Jan 28, 2020 12:58 pm

Now thats what you call a loan 1 month, off to belguim in march?.

Tue Jan 28, 2020 2:35 pm

This could be a good signing for us. Just think Kenneth Zohore came from a a Tan team and look where he is. So you never know this could be something great for us. :ayatollah:

Tue Jan 28, 2020 4:40 pm

Impressive moustache for 18 year old fair play

Tue Jan 28, 2020 4:44 pm

Foghorn65 wrote:Impressive moustache for 18 year old fair play

That's Vincent Tan :happy1: