Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

What's happened so far in transfer window!

Mon Jan 27, 2020 4:33 pm

Rough guide to what's happened so far in championship transfer wise....
15 clubs have signed players
3 players from lower league teams.
7 from abroad
35 players in total sighned
Only 14 have a fee attached £1m highest disclosed fee..
So 9 clubs yet to sighn players
But how many are really good signings who can make difference to a team ?

Just shows that generally only players available are not wanted/needed by club!
Looking at players who have moved maybe 5 are quality players that our fans would like to sign for ccfc , so got to question if there are the players available to improve team ? Yes I know we have some poor players but can we improve team in window with what's available?
This is just a rough guide so direct any complaints to mr Nobody :laughing6: :thumbup:

Re: What's happened so far in transfer window!

Mon Jan 27, 2020 4:55 pm

I think most clubs realise the January window is not usually the best time to conduct business. We could certainly do with a bit more quality in key areas, but we are only likely to get players who are surplus to requirements at their current clubs.

Mon Jan 27, 2020 5:16 pm

Steve Zodiak wrote:I think most clubs realise the January window is not usually the best time to conduct business. We could certainly do with a bit more quality in key areas, but we are only likely to get players who are surplus to requirements at their current clubs.

Steve I just took this off ssn just out curiosity to see what's been happening and if nothing it shows clubs can take or leave January window it just depends on where the club is and their a ambitions for rest season? We undoubtedly are in middle and tbh not sure it there are players out there that will give us a push to playoffs , better off saving money and do better deals in summer! Unless of course NH as ideas in next couple of days :old:

Mon Jan 27, 2020 5:37 pm

I was just thinking if we are saying not many clubs are signing anybody , would it now be the right time to go out and splash out due to not much interest and competition from other clubs.

Mon Jan 27, 2020 6:21 pm

montyblue wrote:I was just thinking if we are saying not many clubs are signing anybody , would it now be the right time to go out and splash out due to not much interest and competition from other clubs.

Could mean not many available as well? Really January is time to top up squads reduced by long term injuries, or teams going extra mile to get promoted or be in playoffs? Leeds good example latest signing could make the difference if he performs well... Fulham another but theyve got lots loans hence making Reid permanent will help get another loan in.....as for us mmmm we desperately need quality players in defence and midfield but are there any a available i doubt it..