Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Malaysians want Welsh stars.....

Wed Aug 25, 2010 1:24 pm

Just maybe DJ has been told to build the team around current Welsh stars as they see the massive potential of football blossoming in in Wales.
Koumas brought in , Bellamy deal underwritten by them, Gabbidon next?... ;)

Re: Malaysians want Welsh stars.....

Wed Aug 25, 2010 1:31 pm

Believe it when the likes of Bale sign.

Wed Aug 25, 2010 1:37 pm

I think the only Welsh stars to take us forward would be Collins, Collison, Ramsey and Bale. Can't see us getting any of them

Wed Aug 25, 2010 1:37 pm

I'm I the only one that doesn't want Gabbidon here??

The bloke was class, but now he is injury prone and will spend most of the season in the treatment room.

Wed Aug 25, 2010 1:40 pm

KyleV wrote:I'm I the only one that doesn't want Gabbidon here??

The bloke was class, but now he is injury prone and will spend most of the season in the treatment room.

Nope, you're not. I don't either and agree with your point about him being class before

Wed Aug 25, 2010 2:01 pm

loved Gabbs when he was with us, but I think he wouldnt help us now. would take the Ginger Monster tho.... :ayatollah:

Wed Aug 25, 2010 2:06 pm

i would like to see earnie back with us if im honest :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Aug 25, 2010 2:27 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:Believe it when the likes of Bale sign.

ditto :D

Wed Aug 25, 2010 3:16 pm

OK we may not get Bale and Co, but it would be a great idea to sign more Welsh players.

We should be a club that is visited by one of John Toshack's management team virtually every week because we have so many Welsh players. Bellamy has shown that the heart can be an important factor in making decisions.

This doesn't mean that DJ should only sign Welsh players, it just means that if there are 2 players of similar ability then he should try to sign the Welsh one.

Likewise we would not expect a Welsh player to sign for us instead of Man U at twice the wages. But we should be looking to make them choose us instead of (currently) other Championship clubs.

Wouldn't it be good if we signed up more members of the Welsh U21, U18 and similar teams?

Wed Aug 25, 2010 5:41 pm

another player I would like is Arron Davies...

went for the Forest pre-season friendly at Offenbach in Germany and Arron Davies came over to where I put up 2 CCFC flags up, clapped and did the Ayatollah...

prob not the best player skillwise, but prob a good addition to the squad who would give it all for City