Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

" CARDIFF CITY STATEMENT: WE ARE EXTREMELY DISAPPOINTED "

Mon Jan 27, 2020 4:23 pm

‘ CARDIFF CITY FC DEMAND AN APOLOGY OF READING FC & RIGHTLY SO ‘

Monday 27th January 2020

Following conversations over the past 48 hours with Reading Football Club, Thames Valley Police and South Wales Police, we have a clear picture of the facts pertaining to Saturday’s stadium announcement during our fourth round FA Cup tie at Madejski Stadium and the upsetting allegations made against our supporters.

It is understood that the four Cardiff City supporters arrested and subsequently released prior to investigation were cited during the fixture for using what could be considered as unwarranted language. This language could be heard taking place between fans of both clubs and was of an anti-Welsh/anti-English nature.

We are extremely disappointed that Reading Football Club chose to label the behaviour as racist and homophobic (of which there has been no evidence). We also question their protocol and procedure on the day and welcome a full investigation into its use for the benefit of both our clubs and indeed British football.

We are also very disturbed and concerned with some of the subsequent press and media reporting on this matter. Cardiff City Football Club is fully supportive of the efforts being made to banish racism, homophobia and other prejudices from our game and feel that inaccurate or mis-informed reporting harms and dilutes this critical messaging and the work football does within diverse communities in our city and its surrounding areas. Cardiff City is an inclusive club and embraces all cultures, ethnicities and people. We would welcome a retraction from those press and media outlets that have given the perception of our supporters as being racist and homophobic.

Cardiff City FC Executive Director & CEO, Ken Choo, said on the matter: “Our Football Club prides itself on its respect of all people, irrespective of their background, beliefs or orientation. Cardiff is a diverse and welcoming, modern multicultural city and our supporters’ actions reflect that at our games. We have a zero tolerance approach towards racist or homophobic behaviour and our supporters’ conduct consistently reflects that.

“The announcement made at Reading this weekend was both damaging and hurtful and we would welcome a public apology from them to our supporters.

“I look forward to the conclusion of the police investigation, at which point I am confident that the reputation of our club and fans will be fully and unequivocally restored.”

Re: " CARDIFF CITY STATEMENT: WE ARE EXTREMELY DISAPPOINTED

Mon Jan 27, 2020 4:25 pm

Good on the club!!!

Mon Jan 27, 2020 4:28 pm

Reading got some groveling to do along with some of the media. Too quick to point the finger at Cardiff city fc.

Mon Jan 27, 2020 4:30 pm

Love my club

Mon Jan 27, 2020 4:36 pm

Bravo. A great statement.

Now we await the apologies...

Mon Jan 27, 2020 4:36 pm

Yup,black sheep,white sheep-I'll shag em all. :lol:

Mon Jan 27, 2020 4:42 pm

Well done the club.

Mon Jan 27, 2020 4:44 pm

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/51272271

BBC reporting the statement. They'll need to produce an apology too.

Mon Jan 27, 2020 4:50 pm

Didn't Reading accuse Millwall of something similar?
How can anyone take them seriously if they keep making up stories to make other clubs look bad?

Mon Jan 27, 2020 4:53 pm

But Roathy said he was suprised and knew all the facts. This can't be right? :lol:

Mon Jan 27, 2020 4:54 pm

Part of me hopes we rise above it, another part of me hopes the first sound of sheep shaggers gets an announcement warning on Friday

Mon Jan 27, 2020 5:03 pm

BluebirdWhitchurch wrote:Part of me hopes we rise above it, another part of me hopes the first sound of sheep shaggers gets an announcement warning on Friday

The first sound of sheep shaggers will probably come from City fans. Unlike many, I think there are still plenty of people in Cardiff and the valleys who are able to laugh at themselves and not look for offence in absolutely everything which is what a lot of the snowflakes appear to be doing. I don't care if I am called one despite the fact I doubt if I've shagged more than four or five sheep in my entire life. ;)

Mon Jan 27, 2020 5:03 pm

I’ve also submitted a complaint to the BBC for Jacqui Oatley’s barefaced lie.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Mon Jan 27, 2020 5:09 pm

BluebirdWhitchurch wrote:I’ve also submitted a complaint to the BBC for Jacqui Oatley’s barefaced lie.

If the BBC apologised for all the crap they have come out with just over the last couple of years, they would need to devote an entire evening to it, a bit like they do for Comic relief.

Mon Jan 27, 2020 5:09 pm

Good I hope they take things further as well if these apologies don’t start coming.

Mon Jan 27, 2020 5:17 pm

Sneggyblubird wrote:Yup,black sheep,white sheep-I'll shag em all. :lol:

Girl sheep and boy sheep too?

Mon Jan 27, 2020 5:21 pm

Every english club that comes to cardiff starts the banter off with god save the bloody queen and we respond "we don't go to the press and complain that we are been goaded or to sky or the bbc even when they call us sheep shaggers.

Mon Jan 27, 2020 5:42 pm

Good on the club. They need to make sure these apologies happen too and starting with Reading. Should also ban reporters from the arse-wipe of a paper that is Wales On Sunday who ran the 'story' as their headline.

Let's make sure we give Reading a nice warm welcome on Friday night too.

Mon Jan 27, 2020 6:18 pm

GrangeEndStar wrote:Good on the club. They need to make sure these apologies happen too and starting with Reading. Should also ban reporters from the arse-wipe of a paper that is Wales On Sunday who ran the 'story' as their headline.

I have said on my ccfc fans only thread,that there is more chance of roathy f@cking off from the forum for good, than getting an apology! As for wos,last time I read that,was when I'd run out of loo roll,years ago ;) and 100% agree with the warm welcome for reading :thumbup: :old: :bluebird:

Mon Jan 27, 2020 6:23 pm

Disgraceful from the whole of Reading FC, accusing our fans for nothing.

Mon Jan 27, 2020 6:42 pm

Tin pot club with a pathetic fan base.

But it does also justify why I was unhappy with NH’s comments following the game and he should have deflected until all knowledge was known rather than making the comments he did.

I know people will say what else could he say but even Dave Jones staunchly defended our fans on occasion (even if he did wish us a sh*t trip home once)

Mon Jan 27, 2020 6:46 pm

Fantastic cardiff city I never doubted our fans I was there and confident we said nothing racist or homophobic. Reading football club need to have a full inquiry into the process of using this tannoy. Shameful to drag our club through the mud because of some stewards hate anti english songs. Why didnt they in the announcement include they own fans for anti welsh hmmmmm

Mon Jan 27, 2020 6:50 pm

Reading have abused the protocol simple. I hope they get summoned for it. They are the ones discriminating.

Mon Jan 27, 2020 7:23 pm

BarryWelsh88 wrote:Reading have abused the protocol simple. I hope they get summoned for it. They are the ones discriminating.

yes they did discriminate.
its ridiculous, stamping out discrimination by discriminating.

Mon Jan 27, 2020 9:29 pm

bluesince62 wrote:
GrangeEndStar wrote:Good on the club. They need to make sure these apologies happen too and starting with Reading. Should also ban reporters from the arse-wipe of a paper that is Wales On Sunday who ran the 'story' as their headline.

I have said on my ccfc fans only thread,that there is more chance of roathy f@cking off from the forum for good, than getting an apology! As for wos,last time I read that,was when I'd run out of loo roll,years ago ;) and 100% agree with the warm welcome for reading :thumbup: :old: :bluebird:

Roathy f@cking off would be a bonus for sure along with an apology for being a weapons grade wanker.

Tue Jan 28, 2020 1:05 am

BluebirdWhitchurch wrote:I’ve also submitted a complaint to the BBC for Jacqui Oatley’s barefaced lie.

its only a lie if Reading did not tell her that..

it was the announcement that made this news worthy.. so if news /sports media were told this by RFC you cant blame them for reporting it ?

Tue Jan 28, 2020 9:48 am

dogfound wrote:

it was the announcement that made this news worthy.. so if news /sports media were told this by RFC you cant blame them for reporting it ?

That's fair enough but of cause it all depends on what RFC actually told the BBC.

Tue Jan 28, 2020 9:54 am

boyo1927 wrote:Why didnt they in the announcement include they own fans for anti welsh hmmmmm

Probably because Cardiff fans didn't complain because they were not snowflake enough to be offended by age old anti-Welsh chanting , unlike super sensitive Reading fans who couldn't cry quick enough about Cardiff/Welsh fans planing to defecate on their side of the Seven Bridge ;)

Tue Jan 28, 2020 4:47 pm

Tony Blue Williams wrote:
dogfound wrote:

That's fair enough but of cause it all depends on what RFC actually told the BBC.

Echo big front page headline about city statement :old: