Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

" What a signing for Leeds "

Mon Jan 27, 2020 2:12 pm

Leeds United are delighted to announce the signing of Jean-Kevin Augustin.

The striker joins the Whites on an initial loan deal until the end of the season from Bundesliga outfit Red Bull Leipzig.

Augustin came through the ranks with French outfit Paris Saint-Germain and went on to make his senior debut for the club back in April 2015.

Over the course of the next two seasons, he helped PSG win every domestic honour.

In July 2017, he completed a move to German side Red Bull Leipzig for a reported fee of €13m.

He featured in both the UEFA Champions League and UEFA Europa League during his time with the Bundesliga club, who finished sixth and third in his two seasons, where he hit 20 goals in 67 outings.

Augustin returned to his native France to join AS Monaco on loan at the start of the season and went on to feature 13 times.

The 22-year-old is a France youth international, having been capped at every level from Under-16s to Under-21s.

He helped France win the European Under-19 Championship in 2016, where he was the top goal-scorer and player of the tournament.

Augustin becomes Leeds’ third signing of the January transfer window following the arrivals of Elia Caprile and Ian Poveda.

He will wear the number 29 shirt for Leeds during his time at Elland Road and the club hold the option to sign the player on a permanent basis upon completion of his loan spell.

Re: " What a signing for Leeds "

Mon Jan 27, 2020 2:20 pm

Probably the player needed to get them over the line? Think only derby could have got him possibly with Rooney influence from championship... just goes to show what having an influential manager can get you quality wise!

Mon Jan 27, 2020 2:41 pm

hasn't been able to hold down a place anywhere he has been...

Mon Jan 27, 2020 2:55 pm

People trying to be negative about this signing but will happily defend Glatzel miss after miss.

It’s a brilliant signing.

Mon Jan 27, 2020 3:09 pm

BarryWelsh88 wrote:People trying to be negative about this signing but will happily defend Glatzel miss after miss.

A signing only leeds could make in championship ! Whose being negstive? I
wasnt and dog was making valid point of him keep going out on loan .. perhaps you can only see negative things from people even when they are positive? :thumbup:

Mon Jan 27, 2020 4:06 pm

BarryWelsh88 wrote:People trying to be negative about this signing but will happily defend Glatzel miss after miss.

Brilliant, Mr Negative complaining about others doing what he does every time he posts.

Mon Jan 27, 2020 4:54 pm

sorry I forgot the agenda
every one we sign is crap .
but if leeds sign anyone they are brilliant.
hasn't been able to hold down a place anywhere is just the truth... and I doubt very much you've seen him or heard of him prior to this post.

Mon Jan 27, 2020 6:27 pm

dogfound wrote:

hasn't been able to hold down a place anywhere is just the truth... and I doubt very much you've seen him or heard of him prior to this post.

It's a good signing played at big clubs but as you say moves around a lot... he could turn out to be a brilliant signing but got long way to go before can describe it as brilliant.
:thumbup:

Mon Jan 27, 2020 6:46 pm

Well I’m pretty sure I’d have him over a Keiffer Moore

Mon Jan 27, 2020 6:53 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
dogfound wrote:

It's a good signing played at big clubs but as you say moves around a lot... he could turn out to be a brilliant signing but got long way to go before can describe it as brilliant.
:thumbup:

never heard of him before today tbh..
yes they are big clubs but its not like he has been a regular anywhere .
could work out for them but could be another Macheda

Mon Jan 27, 2020 7:12 pm

Bottlers as a club and a manager who is an expert in failure playoffs and lose in them again for the Weeds

Mon Jan 27, 2020 8:59 pm

I have got to be honest I have never hered of him

:oops:

Mon Jan 27, 2020 10:06 pm

your boring mate

Mon Jan 27, 2020 10:35 pm

Sorry ! Who?

Tue Jan 28, 2020 7:26 am

Check him out on YouTube he's scored goals at all levels apart from the UK he's the one that will take the pressure off Bamford and get us promoted .bottlers some of you say I cannot argue with that tho I would say bad management at the time as for last yr losing Dan James to man utd hit us bad we or bielsa and Victor rota had no plan b we simply ran out of steam bielsa learned from that we also signed a lad from man City 2 days ago he's a faster version of helda Costa he's one to look out for too.

Tue Jan 28, 2020 7:33 am

https://youtu.be/AlhPUmPQeTk

Tue Jan 28, 2020 11:25 am

andy 189 wrote:https://youtu.be/AlhPUmPQeTk

hmm. do you wanna see a Sammy Ameobe or Macheda you tube video ?
seriously he might turn out fine but there are loads of these { 4 starts for PSG / loan at Monaco cut short half way through } players out there whose best days were behind them at 20.