Josh Laurent

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Josh Laurent

Postby Lengee » Sun Jan 26, 2020 6:22 pm

City were linked with this midfielder earlier in the window. I know you cant judge a player on one game, BUT It Looks a shame thatwe didnt go and get him :cry:
He has been outstanding against Liverpool in the FA cup today.
I will be amazed if some team does go for him in the window. :thumbup:
Lengee

Josh Laurent

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: Josh Laurent

Postby worcester_ccfc » Sun Jan 26, 2020 6:26 pm

Playing very well.

Caused all sorts of problems in the second half, and won a penalty.
Vote for your Man of the Match on this forum after every Cardiff City match :ayatollah:

Season ticket holder in Canton 107 :bluebird:

@neddthomas on Twitter.

:bluescarf:
worcester_ccfc

Postby Lengee » Sun Jan 26, 2020 6:26 pm

Lengee

Postby Plynlymonbluebird » Sun Jan 26, 2020 6:52 pm

He is a very good footballer. Highly thought of at Shrewsbury. However, they are not in a position to turn down a good bid for him.

I guess a problem for the City is his playing position. A very similar role to that of Tomlin. I would imagine his worth has risen considerably after his performance this evening.
Plynlymonbluebird

Postby todder76 » Sun Jan 26, 2020 6:56 pm

He was awesome in the middle and ended up with man of the match
todder76

Postby pengamblue » Sun Jan 26, 2020 6:56 pm

Go get him Neil
pengamblue

Postby Isawgarystevensscoreagoal » Sun Jan 26, 2020 6:59 pm

Pace and power.
Awesome performance and really exposed Liverpools inexperienced left back.
Not sure his role is same as Tomlins is and two together would be great.
Isawgarystevensscoreagoal

Postby Plynlymonbluebird » Sun Jan 26, 2020 7:06 pm

Isawgarystevensscoreagoal wrote:Pace and power.

Shrewsbury normally play with a single, mobile central striker supported by two wide players. Laurent's role is get forward and support the central striker from a deeper position, he has the pace, power and strength to get forward quickly and he has good distribution.

He was on loan at Newport a few years ago.
Plynlymonbluebird

Postby Isawgarystevensscoreagoal » Sun Jan 26, 2020 7:09 pm

Plynlymonbluebird wrote:

Shrewsbury normally play with a single, mobile central striker supported by two wide players. Laurent's role is get forward and support the central striker from a deeper position, he has the pace, power and strength to get forward quickly and he has good distribution.

He was on loan at Newport a few years ago.

Wiki says three games at Newport. Where he's been gives little sign of what he showed this afternoon. If he was at Bury when they went under he probably now has a real hunger. Looked a real player
Isawgarystevensscoreagoal

Postby wez1927 » Sun Jan 26, 2020 7:13 pm

Great player ,looked good today
CARDIFF CITY TILL I DIE !
wez1927

Postby Lengee » Sun Jan 26, 2020 7:20 pm

Also little Shrewsbury went out and played some great football. Would it be terrific if City could. Pass the ball as well as them.
They had a couple of big central defenders who looked better than ours.... certainly more mobile.
Tbf Neil Harris has inherited a slow ageing squad and it will take him time to try to be a “footballing” team! BUT
If things dont pan out well for Harris then Sam Ricketts could a good call. :shock:
But fir now, lets get behind Harris and the boys against WBA.
Lengee

Postby buckleys brewery » Sun Jan 26, 2020 8:30 pm

Lengee wrote:https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/cardiff-city-evening-transfer-update-17539935.amp

Why didnt we get it done?? :bluebird:

Maybe he didn’t want to come here.
buckleys brewery

Postby bluesince62 » Mon Jan 27, 2020 2:07 am

Now that would be an interesting set up,the power and pace of him,coupled with the guile of tomlin, if it's true we bid a few mill for that welsh forward (his name slips me) I'd rather Harris use it towards a bid for this player, as a striker is always a risk,but to have the actual ability,and of course talent is a positive way of supplying the forwards,affording them more opportunities on goal,I find that a very interesting scenario. :old: :bluebird:
bluesince62

Postby caerblue » Mon Jan 27, 2020 10:38 am

You ve got to laugh,if we signed this player a week ago,most of this board would have gone into melt down,another player signed from lower leagues,club showing no ambition again,Bla bla bla,he’s had a decent Game against a second string Liverpool team and everyone wants him signed up lol
caerblue

Postby Milkybarkid » Mon Jan 27, 2020 3:02 pm

caerblue wrote:You ve got to laugh,if we signed this player a week ago,most of this board would have gone into melt down,another player signed from lower leagues,club showing no ambition again,Bla bla bla,he’s had a decent Game against a second string Liverpool team and everyone wants him signed up lol

Agree 100% a player who has been playing at lower leagues without too much success and fans saying they wish Cardiff could pass the ball as well as Shrewsbury The team who have only scored 24 goals before yesterday all season We have scored 39 in the league alone
Yes I wish we were better on the ball but as good as Shrewsbury I think not
Milkybarkid

Postby bluebirdoct1962 » Mon Jan 27, 2020 3:04 pm

caerblue wrote:You ve got to laugh,if we signed this player a week ago,most of this board would have gone into melt down,another player signed from lower leagues,club showing no ambition again,Bla bla bla,he’s had a decent Game against a second string Liverpool team and everyone wants him signed up lol

I was thinking the same mate
bluebirdoct1962

Postby pembroke allan » Mon Jan 27, 2020 3:24 pm

bluebirdoct1962 wrote:

Also it's ok playing against a reserve team that hardly play together are championship defenders /midfielders that easy to play against? And your right if sighned hom last week we would never hear end of abuse towards NH or club for signing a lower league player... :o
pembroke allan

Postby Lengee » Mon Jan 27, 2020 4:07 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:

Also it's ok playing against a reserve team that hardly play together are championship defenders /midfielders that easy to play against? And your right if sighned hom last week we would never hear end of abuse towards NH or club for signing a lower league player... :o

Agreed some on here are always negative.... but I am not one of them! Also, I mentioned in the OT that it is seldom wise to judge a player on one performance!
But bearing in mind that several championship clubs (us, Stoke and Reading to name 3) have shown interest it seems like he would be a good addition :thumbup: Unfortunately after the performance against !Liverpool his price will have gone up and some bigger fish may be circling.

Anyway, there are 4 days of the window left. I would not be surprised if we sign 2 players ....maybe one will be announced tomorrow :shock:
Lengee

Postby pembroke allan » Mon Jan 27, 2020 4:12 pm

Lengee wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:

Agreed some on here are always negative.... but I am not one of them! Also, I mentioned in the OT that it is seldom wise to judge a player on one performance!
But bearing in mind that several championship clubs (us, Stoke and Reading to name 3) have shown interest it seems like he would be a good addition :thumbup: Unfortunately after the performance against !Liverpool his price will have gone up and some bigger fish may be circling.

Anyway, there are 4 days of the window left. I would not be surprised if we sign 2 players ....maybe one will be announced tomorrow :shock:

Upto now only 3 players from lower league teams have signed for championship clubs just shows not much available in January. :old:
pembroke allan

Postby Ninianman » Mon Jan 27, 2020 10:26 pm

He’s 24 and had 8 clubs thus far,if he’d played like he did last night that number would be 2-3.
It’s a no from me.
Ninianman

Return to General Chat