Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: CCFC FANS ONLY...THE MOOD

Sun Jan 26, 2020 8:47 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
wez1927 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:Tan formed his committee on transfers/money quite a few years ago and said they were now in total control of it all and only they would decide on everything, contracts, players in/out/money etc etc, so they should take the blame.

They appointed Warnock and over saw everything.

They've appointed Harris and once again will over see everything.

So money made or lost on transfers they should take full responsibility :thumbright:

Most successful time ever under tan facts don't lie tho :lol:

Wez, Agreed we have had some of most successful times in our history under Tan :thumbright: , but also some of our lowest ever times in our history. The Despicable Rebrand :evil: and also our highest debt in our history .

We've nearly if not always been in debt annis! today's 100m was in 80s 10m debt ... cant escape rebrand part of our history also can't say his running of club apart from financial bits as been to clever at times but there again lot worst out there at moment, tan is like all owners come and go better or worse but us fans will still he here long after hes gone.... :bluescarf:

Sun Jan 26, 2020 8:47 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
wez1927 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:Tan formed his committee on transfers/money quite a few years ago and said they were now in total control of it all and only they would decide on everything, contracts, players in/out/money etc etc, so they should take the blame.

They appointed Warnock and over saw everything.

They've appointed Harris and once again will over see everything.

So money made or lost on transfers they should take full responsibility :thumbright:

Most successful time ever under tan facts don't lie tho :lol:

Wez, Agreed we have had some of most successful times in our history under Tan :thumbright: , but also some of our lowest ever times in our history. The Despicable Rebrand :evil: and also our highest debt in our history .

Thankfully rebrand done and dusted and by the looks of it debt free too this year ,got to give tan credit for that better the devil you know sometimes

Sun Jan 26, 2020 8:50 pm

Are we forgetting it was Warnock who pissed all the money away and then off he popped when he knew he’d been found out. No wonder the blokes hated.

Sun Jan 26, 2020 10:20 pm

Canton104 wrote:Are we forgetting it was Warnock who pissed all the money away and then off he popped when he knew he’d been found out. No wonder the blokes hated.

Hated by who?

He should have gracefully retired last season when we were officially relegated. And given a decent home send off v Palace.

Mind you who would Dalman have go in? His track record is shocking, Warnock fell into his lap as a result of the poor appointment of Trollop. Whoever he’d have got in would have been disappointing. Like Harris

Sun Jan 26, 2020 10:31 pm

A generation of ccfc fans knows only of top end of championship and flirting with PL. Those longer in the tooth are able to remember success by different bench marks.

We have a fantastic new stadium and two cup finals. We've had good times undoubtedly.

The other side is we have a squad that needs a rebuild, a manager who does not convince many of us, an owner who is after a honeymoon period of basking in the limelight, completely disinterested and a Board and transfer committee that have made so many mistakes we don't understand why they are still there.

Our Academy has failed to produce any one since Arron Ramsey whilst Wales has had its most successful period ever.

We are however where we are. We could be Coventry and ground sharing with God knows who, we could be Sunderland, Portsmouth, Ipswich all of which have had far more success in the last twenty years than we have.

Whilst some take out their frustrations here reality is when Saturday comes, at 12 or 5.30 or Friday at 7.45, we get behind our team.

What we need is three back to back wins and the mood changes.

Sun Jan 26, 2020 10:46 pm

I have always said I never wanted Harris as manager.
That is my opinion and am happy to state it.
I think he is out of his depth,doesn't know his best team and was a cheap option without alot of thought.
Millwall are doing much better since he left and I believe he is and will only remain a negative factor on our club.

Sun Jan 26, 2020 11:10 pm

:bluebird:

Sun Jan 26, 2020 11:15 pm

I don't have any serious concerns with Harris. The guy should be given the chance with his own players. Warnock brought in 4 new players upon his arrival while Harris has not been able to bring in any for one reason or another but I don't think its his fault.

Regarding Tan I think this is where we will be under his stewardship. We might get lucky and get promoted to the premier again but I would not hold much hope of us staying there. I don't think he wants to be here but his professional business pride prevents him walking away. I accepted this a long time ago so wont be losing any sleep over it.

If i have a real concern it is the development of the development squad/academy. We have just seen nothing coming out of it.

Sun Jan 26, 2020 11:58 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:I don't have any serious concerns with Harris. The guy should be given the chance with his own players. Warnock brought in 4 new players upon his arrival while Harris has not been able to bring in any for one reason or another but I don't think its his fault.

Regarding Tan I think this is where we will be under his stewardship. We might get lucky and get promoted to the premier again but I would not hold much hope of us staying there. I don't think he wants to be here but his professional business pride prevents him walking away. I accepted this a long time ago so wont be losing any sleep over it.

If i have a real concern it is the development of the development squad/academy. We have just seen nothing coming out of it.

Whilst I agree in parts,especially the developmental side of the club! With tan,he said he would leave us in a better place than we were in upon his ownership,and Malaysians in general are honourable people,so I believe him on that issue,more personal pride than business imo,as he is never going to make money here,and it's hardly likely he won't face a big hit,when he decides to leave either.but as I posted earlier reading blooded their 57th and 58th product of the academy there,against us!! Really made me think WTF has been happening at ours?? Rather concerning. As for harris, as I said this topic is open to all the city fans on here,to air them opinions,wether we agree on them or not.nice to see posters noting their mood at this current time and sticking on topic,a rather pleasant change.BLOOOOOOOOOBIRDS :old: :bluebird:

Mon Jan 27, 2020 12:34 am

Steve Zodiak wrote:
rumpo kid wrote:Does VT want us, or is he trying to sell? He’s an owner in absentia at the moment, and I don’t think that works.

Not sure if he ever really wanted us. I think it was more a case of we wanted him.

I think more along the lines we NEEDED him personally, dread to think what would happened had he said no!! I think he would sell at the right price,but perhaps when debt free,and a more attractive proposition to possible buyers,but I have little doubt where we'd be if he walked away now :? Let's face it,for some the rebrand will not go away,not that I'm advocating it should be forgotten at all,its just to big an issue for some to forgive him,so in their eyes he's still hated.Damned if he does,Damned if he doesn't I suppose. :old: :bluebird:

Mon Jan 27, 2020 1:20 am

Sneggyblubird wrote:
wez1927 wrote:Harris needs to be backed with his own players ,anyone who says the football hasn't improve cant have been going to the games, we definitely keep the ball more and definitely try to pass it around more,we have been having more than 50% possession in a lot of games ,injuries to,Morrison, laing and ralls haven't helped, its frustrating as I think a couple of players in and we will make the playoffs

Agree Wez,but the people who piss me off the most are people that use half "quotes" to fit their agenda.

A good idea by the OP.I think I'll start all my future threads.............CCFC FANS ONLY

Well it is a way of stopping threads being trolled by the :king: of guff!! If he indeed does try to post,we can ignore him,and his incessant rambling,by simply telling the truth,we are asking fans of CCFC ONLY opinions on subjects that concern supporters of the club,and no one else,of course sensible posters should still be welcome to post on any topic,without the CCFC FANS ONLY heading.because be honest,do many fans really care what other fans think of our mood/s surrounding OUR club? I know I don't, as I have only the interests of CCFC at heart,the rest are just opponents along the way. :old: :bluebird:

Mon Jan 27, 2020 9:44 am

Steve Zodiak wrote:
bluesince62 wrote:I have started this thread again, asking fellow BLUEBIRDS their impressions/ feelings/beliefs around the current mood amongst us,in and out of the stadium etc,I personally feel tension building amongst us fans,like certain posters who constantly slate Harris, and lately Vincent Tan has been taking a few low blows,as far as I am concerned, I may be right I may be wrong,and was just looking to hear how fellow supporters feel?? A certain poster,who will remain Un named,decided to deliberately derail the last thread,so for once,if that poster decides to enter the topic,can we please put him on ignore,for this thread? As it is aimed as far away from him as possible, as isn't a supporter of CCFC.after all.let's have a thread that stays on topic,no decending to all out name calling of said poster,as this just feeds him.thanks in advance. :old: :bluebird:

Used to be a time when supporters got behind their team and manager. Social media seems to have introduced a new type of fan, namely the sort who only post if they have something negative to say, but are rarely heard from if when things are going well.

Agreed with both. The togetherness that warnock brought is disappearing fast and our fans are split atm imo.
BTW, I'm not a new poster, I don't want u thinking I'm u no who :roll:. I was under the username MistaFlux75 before,good to be back :wave:

Mon Jan 27, 2020 9:58 am

Anyone looking forward to not one but 2 games under the lights this week?
As a kid night games had a touch of magic about them but not any more.

Both of these games were due to be 3pm Saturday games but for one reason or another neither are. I still don’t get why the Friday game had to be moved when City played a PL fixture at around the same time as an autumn rugby game v Australia I think. Another redundant Saturday watching probably PL football.

Mon Jan 27, 2020 11:13 am

Excited about the remainder of the season and grateful I’m financially and geographically able to watch the games, which hasn’t always been the case.

Vocals well rested and will be going hard on the singing in support of the team tomorrow, so if anyone fancies joining in don’t be shy. :lol:

My opinion is that the football is more pleasing on the eye and has improved. I’d like to see a specific and clear recruitment drive moving forward, based on players aged 20-26 who would bring a fresh impetus and hopefully, provide a resale value.

“Get into um...” :thumbup:

Mon Jan 27, 2020 12:49 pm

I have followed the club since the 70's and seen the rubbish served up along the way. I think Warnock did a great job bringing the club together and getting promoted. He did though leave a squad of slow laborious players who are not good enough for a promotion push. However, I think the board have failed in the planning going forward with the appointment of Harris. Harris in my opinion is a mini Warnock. I don't understand Tan with amount of money he has put in to the club and has not brought in a director of football to advise him. I love this club but see us being run like a Sunday league club. Get a football man in to advise Tan, re-build over the next two years with a new manager who has good contacts and bring in pace throughout the team. Rant over but not the disappointment.

Mon Jan 27, 2020 1:02 pm

Wardy64 wrote:I have followed the club since the 70's and seen the rubbish served up along the way. I think Warnock did a great job bringing the club together and getting promoted. He did though leave a squad of slow laborious players who are not good enough for a promotion push. However, I think the board have failed in the planning going forward with the appointment of Harris. Harris in my opinion is a mini Warnock. I don't understand Tan with amount of money he has put in to the club and has not brought in a director of football to advise him. I love this club but see us being run like a Sunday league club. Get a football man in to advise Tan, re-build over the next two years with a new manager who has good contacts and bring in pace throughout the team. Rant over but not the disappointment.

Spot on. Its not just the manager who needs to be the right man it's also people upstairs like a director of football and recruitment team.
For all the great work NW did, he's left in a similar position to when he joined us imo, fans divided and a shit squad

Mon Jan 27, 2020 1:03 pm

My mood is one I have experienced many times over the years, frustrated, underwhelmed and a little sadness. Frustration over the failure to capatalise on 2 promotions, big crowds, attracting new fans and failing to ride the crest of the Welsh teams “Together Stronger” wave at Euro 16. Underwhelmed, by the squad that Neil Warnock and the transfer committee have left their equally underwhelming choice of manager to work with. And sadness, as I really thought Tan had got the bug, returning us to blue, debt to equity, but it seems not. No more video interviews offering assurances and commitment, staying away from games, a football club needs love from above to give it a chance to evolve and prosper, clearly we are not getting that, based on all this , we will do well to maintain our level in the foreseeable future, which is a mid table championship team. I will support Harris until 10 games in for next season, he deserves that. Much rather have him than Warnock, but was absolutely a yes man cost cutting appointment and was the one candidate I did not want,

Sick of the snipers on here who can’t help themselves but ridicule and name call those who dare not agree with their opinions, we have lost excellent contributors over the years thanks to them, they can’t seem to cope when they get disagreed with.

Onwards and hopefully upwards :bluescarf: :bluebird:

Mon Jan 27, 2020 5:34 pm

Think most football fans like a good moan by default.. part of what football does to people. It’s beneficial in many ways.

Mon Jan 27, 2020 5:59 pm

bluebird58 wrote:This board is by no means representative of the mood of the average supporter. At the home games in my area of the Ninian we manage to keep things in perspective- we don’t leave early, we don’t call for the manager to be sacked and we never boo individual players or the team. 95% of the supporters at the game fall into that category IMHO.

Of course the crowds will go down next season. That’s absolutely nothing to do with the standard of football. If we keep winning, the crowds will come back. Neither of our two recent promotion campaigns have produced entertaining attacking football, but we have attracted the fans who like to see us WIN. And once back in the Premier Leagued the crowds come flowing back.

My personal feeling is that unless we get in a relegation battle , Harris should be given a year before we judge him or replace him. Now is not the time to change .

I’d like to see more constructive arguments on this board, and less petty squabbling but I’m not sure that’s going to happen any time soon!

Good post :thumbup: but hopefully this thread could be the start, of posters respecting fellow bluebirds opinions and thoughts?? Name calling has ruined countless threads,and perhaps putting for ccfc fans only,is a way for fans to voice their views /takes on issues surrounding OUR club. :thumbup: :old: :bluebird:

Mon Jan 27, 2020 6:10 pm

Ontheball Paul wrote:
Steve Zodiak wrote:
bluesince62 wrote:I have started this thread again, asking fellow BLUEBIRDS their impressions/ feelings/beliefs around the current mood amongst us,in and out of the stadium etc,I personally feel tension building amongst us fans,like certain posters who constantly slate Harris, and lately Vincent Tan has been taking a few low blows,as far as I am concerned, I may be right I may be wrong,and was just looking to hear how fellow supporters feel?? A certain poster,who will remain Un named,decided to deliberately derail the last thread,so for once,if that poster decides to enter the topic,can we please put him on ignore,for this thread? As it is aimed as far away from him as possible, as isn't a supporter of CCFC.after all.let's have a thread that stays on topic,no decending to all out name calling of said poster,as this just feeds him.thanks in advance. :old: :bluebird:

Used to be a time when supporters got behind their team and manager. Social media seems to have introduced a new type of fan, namely the sort who only post if they have something negative to say, but are rarely heard from if when things are going well.

Agreed with both. The togetherness that warnock brought is disappearing fast and our fans are split atm imo.
BTW, I'm not a new poster, I don't want u thinking I'm u no who :roll:. I was under the username MistaFlux75 before,good to be back :wave:

Welcome back bluebird,my view is very similar to yours :thumbup: but we as fans are the only ones that can try to keep that togetherness,otherwise it will cause divides again,just as the re brand did :( debate is excellent, arguing and name calling doesn’t lend itself to the unity we have,it took a long time for it to heal,and some will say,rightly or wrongly,that wound will never heal.that is their opinion,and although it may differ from others,it still has the right to be aired,if readers disagree,it's easier to not reply surely, rather than get into a slanging match with what is after all a fellow supporter? Just my take on things :thumbup: :old: :bluebird:

Mon Jan 27, 2020 6:16 pm

You would hope it would be the start but I received a warning from a moderator last night for:

‘Posting fake news to suit your obtuse agenda’

Simply because I suggested what Neil Harris could have said differently following the reading game. Made clear it wasn’t an actual quote and it was clear on the thread but apparently I’m spreading fake news. So I’m being warned so suit the agenda of others.

That’s the problem with this site. People can support to the extreme. To some they will be over optimistic some will be eternal pessimists but that doesn’t mean either extreme view means one supports the club better than the other. Because I posted my opinion I got a warning yet there is plenty of evidence in threads of my opinion being seconded by many posters yet I am singled out as a ‘fraud’.

For this place to thrive the moderators need to accept that people have different opinions to themselves and not seek to belittle others.

Mon Jan 27, 2020 6:35 pm

BarryWelsh88 wrote:You would hope it would be the start but I received a warning from a moderator last night for:

‘Posting fake news to suit your obtuse agenda’

Simply because I suggested what Neil Harris could have said differently following the reading game. Made clear it wasn’t an actual quote and it was clear on the thread but apparently I’m spreading fake news. So I’m being warned so suit the agenda of others.

That’s the problem with this site. People can support to the extreme. To some they will be over optimistic some will be eternal pessimists but that doesn’t mean either extreme view means one supports the club better than the other. Because I posted my opinion I got a warning yet there is plenty of evidence in threads of my opinion being seconded by many posters yet I am singled out as a ‘fraud’.

For this place to thrive the moderators need to accept that people have different opinions to themselves and not seek to belittle others.

While I don't proffess to know what goes on with moderator's rights,I have openly disagreed with yourself on a few topics,but but my thoughts behind creating the thread as I have,was to get fellow supporters to air their opinions,agreeable or not,to others,instead of the divide between fellow supporters of ccfc on here growing,I felt maybe if people are allowed the opportunity to speak freely,without being abused,it may help? I know this board isn't an accurate sounding board for the overall majority of fans of the club,but it shouldn't decend into unradable tripe,surely?? I found myself embroiled with the Un nameable not long back,and afterwards thought,why did I bother,so the easy way to avoid him derailing another thread,was to use the headline banner for ccfc fans only, we are all entitled to air opinions and thoughts in my book,otherwise,what is the use of a forum. :thumbup: :old: :bluebird:

Mon Jan 27, 2020 6:46 pm

bluesince62 wrote:
Ontheball Paul wrote:
Steve Zodiak wrote:

Welcome back bluebird,my view is very similar to yours :thumbup: but we as fans are the only ones that can try to keep that togetherness,otherwise it will cause divides again,just as the re brand did :( debate is excellent, arguing and name calling doesn’t lend itself to the unity we have,it took a long time for it to heal,and some will say,rightly or wrongly,that wound will never heal.that is their opinion,and although it may differ from others,it still has the right to be aired,if readers disagree,it's easier to not reply surely, rather than get into a slanging match with what is after all a fellow supporter? Just my take on things :thumbup: :old: :bluebird:

Cheers :thumbup: spot on mate. Have your say by all means. Agree to disagree if you have to but it goes to far sometimes. Personally though, I've had no issues with anyone for the year or so I've been on here :bluebird:

Mon Jan 27, 2020 8:04 pm

Danny Says wrote:
Canton104 wrote:Are we forgetting it was Warnock who pissed all the money away and then off he popped when he knew he’d been found out. No wonder the blokes hated.

Hated by who?

Seriously?

Mon Jan 27, 2020 9:17 pm

I think its ok to be disappointed with how the season has gone but the fans need to stick with it, we are not really in a position to be overly critical or moan to much.

In my own opinion I think that the main mistake was Warnock not going at the end of the season, but its done now.

Harris would not have been my choice, but again as others have said, I will get behind him and tbh I think the start he has made (results wise) has been ok, I'm disappointed with some of the things he says and the fact our style of play hasn't changed that much, but that said, its not going to happen overnight.

It might be blind faith but I still think the Play Offs are not an impossibility, when your only 7 points off with 18 games left to play you have to believe but a run needs to come sooner rather than later, I'm hoping for 4 points from the next two games.

The problem is, and again its just my opinion, the buzz has gone again, as much as I love our stadium its hard work sometimes and is just to big for us if we are a mid table championship side, there's little enjoyment is going down there when the team are not performing and the ground is empty, its like going to a half empty theatre to see a terrible show, yes it was bad at Ninian Park at times, but Ninian had a soul that the CCS doesn't have and whilst I would go to Ninian Park no matter what, the thought of going to the CCS for dead rubber games sometimes holds no interest, again that's just my opinion.

Mon Jan 27, 2020 9:46 pm

Football is poor but we were all spoilt under Dave Jones.
Late 70's, 80's,90's Some shocking.... Football, Owners, Violence but always ONE club.
Like it or not.... Red is now part of our history !!!! FFS we have had a white :sick: kit.
The trips to Wembley that many clubs in our division would die for.

Oh nearly forget...... We won the FA CUP :bluescarf:

Tue Jan 28, 2020 12:29 am

JulesK wrote:Football is poor but we were all spoilt under Dave Jones.
Late 70's, 80's,90's Some shocking.... Football, Owners, Violence but always ONE club.
Like it or not.... Red is now part of our history !!!! FFS we have had a white :sick: kit.
The trips to Wembley that many clubs in our division would die for.

Oh nearly forget...... We won the FA CUP :bluescarf:

And got to two other finals :occasion5: :old: :bluebird:

Tue Jan 28, 2020 12:41 am

Canton104 wrote:
Danny Says wrote:

Hated by who?

Seriously?

hated by a few people that think you get Messi for half a crown.
did an amazing job here and it will be a long time before we get lucky like that again..

Tue Jan 28, 2020 1:28 am

dogfound wrote:
Canton104 wrote:
Danny Says wrote:

Hated by who?

Seriously?

did an amazing job here and it will be a long time before we get lucky like that again..

He did an amazing job as you said,I'm pretty sure that canton,is taking the "hatred" from other clubs fans? As hatred for him from our fans? We all probably hated him when he was the opposition manager :lol: otherwise I don't get the hatred bit,the same as I don't buy the belief that Warnock was "hounded out" from the club either,as on the latter,where is the evidence of that? Where were the demonstrations and banners at games?? A few fans,of which I was one,voiced our opinions after the derby games,that perhaps he should go,but certainly not hounded out,I said back then that he should maybe go, with head held high,than to hang on and let it sour further.only opinions,none of which I believe we're enough (from me especially ) to bother him? as I said, most opposing fans hated Warnock, and the team he happened to manage,because we all knew what was coming :thumbup: :old: :bluebird:

Tue Jan 28, 2020 1:44 am

bluesince62 wrote:
dogfound wrote:
Canton104 wrote:
Danny Says wrote:

Hated by who?

Seriously?

He did an amazing job as you said,I'm pretty sure that canton,is taking the "hatred" from other clubs fans? As hatred for him from our fans? We all probably hated him when he was the opposition manager :lol: otherwise I don't get the hatred bit,the same as I don't buy the belief that Warnock was "hounded out" from the club either,as on the latter,where is the evidence of that? Where were the demonstrations and banners at games?? A few fans,of which I was one,voiced our opinions after the derby games,that perhaps he should go,but certainly not hounded out,I said back then that he should maybe go, with head held high,than to hang on and let it sour further.only opinions,none of which I believe we're enough (from me especially ) to bother him? as I said, most opposing fans hated Warnock, and the team he happened to manage,because we all knew what was coming :thumbup: :old: :bluebird:

no he mentioned this pissing the money nonsense..
thing is, you look at nelson and flint and no they are not as good as Bruno and sol { before injury } or are vaulks and pack as good as camarasa and gunner etc etc... but the amount spent actually tells you that they are not going to be surely ?
as for the reaction...embarrassing on a Chernobyl scale...