CCFC FANS ONLY...THE MOOD

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby bluesince62 » Sun Jan 26, 2020 4:55 pm

I have started this thread again, asking fellow BLUEBIRDS their impressions/ feelings/beliefs around the current mood amongst us,in and out of the stadium etc,I personally feel tension building amongst us fans,like certain posters who constantly slate Harris, and lately Vincent Tan has been taking a few low blows,as far as I am concerned, I may be right I may be wrong,and was just looking to hear how fellow supporters feel?? A certain poster,who will remain Un named,decided to deliberately derail the last thread,so for once,if that poster decides to enter the topic,can we please put him on ignore,for this thread? As it is aimed as far away from him as possible, as isn't a supporter of CCFC.after all.let's have a thread that stays on topic,no decending to all out name calling of said poster,as this just feeds him.thanks in advance. :old: :bluebird:
bluesince62

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: CCFC FANS ONLY...THE MOOD

Postby Steve Zodiak » Sun Jan 26, 2020 5:07 pm

bluesince62 wrote:I have started this thread again, asking fellow BLUEBIRDS their impressions/ feelings/beliefs around the current mood amongst us,in and out of the stadium etc,I personally feel tension building amongst us fans,like certain posters who constantly slate Harris, and lately Vincent Tan has been taking a few low blows,as far as I am concerned, I may be right I may be wrong,and was just looking to hear how fellow supporters feel?? A certain poster,who will remain Un named,decided to deliberately derail the last thread,so for once,if that poster decides to enter the topic,can we please put him on ignore,for this thread? As it is aimed as far away from him as possible, as isn't a supporter of CCFC.after all.let's have a thread that stays on topic,no decending to all out name calling of said poster,as this just feeds him.thanks in advance. :old: :bluebird:

Used to be a time when supporters got behind their team and manager. Social media seems to have introduced a new type of fan, namely the sort who only post if they have something negative to say, but are rarely heard from if when things are going well.
Steve Zodiak

Postby llan bluebird » Sun Jan 26, 2020 5:10 pm

Disappointed that we were relegated
Disappointed that pretty quickly it was evident that this squad are not good enough to be promoted
Disappointed that Warnock lost the Warnock factor and left
Disappointed we appointed a manager with little championship managerial pedigree
Disappointed with the output of a few big priced players
Disappointed that it appears we have no potential first teamers coming through the U23 ranks

Very happy we no longer have to check the BBC to see if the taxman wants us wound up and we have a strategy that stops that happening.
Optimistic that things change for the better pretty quickly and at the end of the day it's only a football team.
Last edited by llan bluebird on Sun Jan 26, 2020 5:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
llan bluebird

Postby Forever Blue » Sun Jan 26, 2020 5:11 pm

I personally give every new manager a chance minimum 10-12 games .

No Harris would not be my choice , but I was willing to back him as he is our manager :thumbright: :bluebird:

But as the games have gone by, the football has not improved , Harris after 15 first team games still does not know his first team.

Also Harris comments if this squad is full of quality and it’s a big squad makes him look silly as he then should make them produce better football on the pitch if he really believes that.
Plus Harris has also stated that this squad will eventually play his way and we will all see the success of it. So far , getting worse for me.

I believe Harris was chosen as he was cheap, a yes man and won’t be the manager that can take us back up.

I will never boo him or the players and will always support them on match days .
I will be there Friday night and I will as usual give 110% support :thumbright: :bluebird:

As to Tan, I stopped talking about him 2yrs ago.
But because of Harris appointment and Tan not attending any Cardiff games this season even though he is London at least 3 time’s a month , yes I feel and believe Tan has lost total interest in us.

As a fan like anyone ekse I am allowed my own feelings and opinions and won’t be shouted down for having them :thumbright: :bluebird:

Everyone should Respect each other’s opinions :thumbright: :bluebird:

Tan formed his committee on transfers/money quite a few years ago and said they were now in total control of it all and only they would decide on everything, so they should take the blame.

And yes I am very worried our crowds will disappear fast as the longer you stay in top flight football the more you keep the South Wales football fans coming along and eventually many staying no matter how we do.

For me these are not bad times. Bad times are 9 years in League 4. Which I never missed a home or away game for those 9years.
I want us to build on what we have achieved since the year 2000 :thumbright: :bluebird:
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Postby Chippy82 » Sun Jan 26, 2020 5:15 pm

Agreed people need to respect other opinions I think myself harris has had 1 game less than warnock for me football has barely changed I think with lack of players coming in and if the football stays same I think numbers will drop aswell
Chippy82

Postby Danny Says » Sun Jan 26, 2020 5:35 pm

llan bluebird wrote:Disappointed that we were relegated
Disappointed that pretty quickly it was evident that this squad are not good enough to be promoted
Disappointed we appointed a manager with little championship managerial pedigree
Disappointed that it appears we have no potential first teamers coming through the U23 ranks

Agree with all that and would add the age of the squad has to be lower with kids getting game time. Why didn’t any of them play yesterday?
Plus the need to get players with pace and zip and some energy rather than ponderous laborious build up play ending up with a lump forward to a sole striker.
And the seeming failure to attract anybody in the window which closes soon.
Is it too much to ask for some exciting football?
Dave Jones got a lot of flak but his City teams were great to watch going forward.
Danny Says

Postby rumpo kid » Sun Jan 26, 2020 5:39 pm

There’s two ways. We either need investment, or a bright young manager with vision. Think we lack both at the moment.
rumpo kid

Postby wez1927 » Sun Jan 26, 2020 5:55 pm

Harris needs to be backed with his own players ,anyone who says the football hasn't improve cant have been going to the games, we definitely keep the ball more and definitely try to pass it around more,we have been having more than 50% possession in a lot of games ,injuries to,Morrison, laing and ralls haven't helped, its frustrating as I think a couple of players in and we will make the playoffs
CARDIFF CITY TILL I DIE !
wez1927

Postby bluesince62 » Sun Jan 26, 2020 5:58 pm

rumpo kid wrote:There’s two ways. We either need investment, or a bright young manager with vision. Think we lack both at the moment.

Agree,but imho the investment has been there,its just been very poorly used,it's hard for a manager(perhaps except warnock) to take over a squad built by someone else entirely,and turn it around,and I think it a tad harsh on Harris to expect him to turn an ageing,one dimensional side,into one producing lovely flowing football, and when he is not,to count a january window,as a fair opportunity to alter things drastically.I wouldn't mind if he plays the rest of the season like yesterday,by having a real f@ckin
Go at teams,evenue though away.I know most will, point out it was readings 2nd string as well,but you can only try to beat what's in front of you,I mean look at Oxford yesterday,could've /should've beaten Newcastle. I do worry about producing youngsters though,an interesting fact regards reading: during yesterday's game the 57th and 58th product of their academy ,made their first team debuts :o :o what the proverbial is happening here for God's sake :oops: :oops: :old: :bluebird:
bluesince62

Postby pembroke allan » Sun Jan 26, 2020 6:03 pm

Why would anyone be surprised to see crowds drop next season? Getting promoted this season was a tall order even with new manager everyone wanted as no ones been promoted after relagation since ncastle around 5yrs ago! So it follows no promotion lower st sales next season! Its not rocket science or NH fault for being manager that crowds will reduce :old:
pembroke allan

Postby aber blue » Sun Jan 26, 2020 6:09 pm

bluesince62 wrote:I have started this thread again, asking fellow BLUEBIRDS their impressions/ feelings/beliefs around the current mood amongst us,in and out of the stadium etc,I personally feel tension building amongst us fans,like certain posters who constantly slate Harris, and lately Vincent Tan has been taking a few low blows,as far as I am concerned, I may be right I may be wrong,and was just looking to hear how fellow supporters feel?? A certain poster,who will remain Un named,decided to deliberately derail the last thread,so for once,if that poster decides to enter the topic,can we please put him on ignore,for this thread? As it is aimed as far away from him as possible, as isn't a supporter of CCFC.after all.let's have a thread that stays on topic,no decending to all out name calling of said poster,as this just feeds him.thanks in advance. :old: :bluebird:

Harris to be our manager , wouldn’t be my choice,
Harris as manager , support him all the way .
Give Harris time to build his own team,
Tan best chairman we’ve had (except rebrand)

Supported City for over 35 yrs and these are the good times.
Watching City in late 70s-early 80s we were awful but they
were great times that I would never swap.
Get behind the manager and team and leave the politics
of running the club to directors/ chairman,
On a side note City fans racists!! Not a chance
We’ve all heard it in the past when it was deemed “ acceptable’
but not heard anything major for years, will still get the odd dick head
Basically get behind Harris and City and enjoy the ride
BLUEBIRDS
aber blue

Postby wez1927 » Sun Jan 26, 2020 6:19 pm

aber blue wrote:

Harris to be our manager , wouldn’t be my choice,
Harris as manager , support him all the way .
Give Harris time to build his own team,
Tan best chairman we’ve had (except rebrand)

Supported City for over 35 yrs and these are the good times.
Watching City in late 70s-early 80s we were awful but they
were great times that I would never swap.
Get behind the manager and team and leave the politics
of running the club to directors/ chairman,
On a side note City fans racists!! Not a chance
We’ve all heard it in the past when it was deemed “ acceptable’
but not heard anything major for years, will still get the odd dick head
Basically get behind Harris and City and enjoy the ride
BLUEBIRDS

Great post sums it up perfectly
wez1927

Postby bluesince62 » Sun Jan 26, 2020 6:30 pm

Keep it coming fellow Bluebirds, some very honest thoughts and opinions! :bluebird: :bluebird: :bluebird:
bluesince62

Postby Sneggyblubird » Sun Jan 26, 2020 6:44 pm

wez1927 wrote:Harris needs to be backed with his own players ,anyone who says the football hasn't improve cant have been going to the games, we definitely keep the ball more and definitely try to pass it around more,we have been having more than 50% possession in a lot of games ,injuries to,Morrison, laing and ralls haven't helped, its frustrating as I think a couple of players in and we will make the playoffs

Agree Wez,but the people who piss me off the most are people that use half "quotes" to fit their agenda.

A good idea by the OP.I think I'll start all my future threads.............CCFC FANS ONLY
Sneggyblubird

Postby pembroke allan » Sun Jan 26, 2020 6:51 pm

Sneggyblubird wrote:
wez1927 wrote:Harris needs to be backed with his own players ,anyone who says the football hasn't improve cant have been going to the games, we definitely keep the ball more and definitely try to pass it around more,we have been having more than 50% possession in a lot of games ,injuries to,Morrison, laing and ralls haven't helped, its frustrating as I think a couple of players in and we will make the playoffs

Agree Wez,but the people who piss me off the most are people that use half "quotes" to fit their agenda.

A good idea by the OP.I think I'll start all my future threads.............CCFC FANS ONLY

Oooh I know the feeling about half quotes ? but apparently its so that people can read more easily what is being said even if it is misleading.. : :o
pembroke allan

Postby CF23 Bluebird » Sun Jan 26, 2020 6:52 pm

llan bluebird wrote:Disappointed that we were relegated

Very happy we no longer have to check the BBC to see if the taxman wants us wound up and we have a strategy that stops that happening.
Optimistic that things change for the better pretty quickly and at the end of the day it's only a football team.

Pretty much sums up what I feel mate
CF23 Bluebird

Postby rumpo kid » Sun Jan 26, 2020 7:03 pm

Does VT want us, or is he trying to sell? He’s an owner in absentia at the moment, and I don’t think that works.
rumpo kid

Postby Steve Zodiak » Sun Jan 26, 2020 7:05 pm

rumpo kid wrote:Does VT want us, or is he trying to sell? He’s an owner in absentia at the moment, and I don’t think that works.

Not sure if he ever really wanted us. I think it was more a case of we wanted him.
Steve Zodiak

Postby bluebird58 » Sun Jan 26, 2020 7:18 pm

This board is by no means representative of the mood of the average supporter. At the home games in my area of the Ninian we manage to keep things in perspective- we don’t leave early, we don’t call for the manager to be sacked and we never boo individual players or the team. 95% of the supporters at the game fall into that category IMHO.

Of course the crowds will go down next season. That’s absolutely nothing to do with the standard of football. If we keep winning, the crowds will come back. Neither of our two recent promotion campaigns have produced entertaining attacking football, but we have attracted the fans who like to see us WIN. And once back in the Premier Leagued the crowds come flowing back.

My personal feeling is that unless we get in a relegation battle , Harris should be given a year before we judge him or replace him. Now is not the time to change .

I’d like to see more constructive arguments on this board, and less petty squabbling but I’m not sure that’s going to happen any time soon!
First game Cardiff v Coventry City 1967
bluebird58

Postby pembroke allan » Sun Jan 26, 2020 7:22 pm

rumpo kid wrote:Does VT want us, or is he trying to sell? He’s an owner in absentia at the moment, and I don’t think that works.

Plenty of absent owners in football its way the world is now, running football clubs is a business as we know businessmen run their empire from home base generally. So not sure it matters with tan not being around someone is running club thats for sure in his absence.
pembroke allan

Postby grange_end1927 » Sun Jan 26, 2020 7:51 pm

Only see us going backwards under Harris, all the fans who sit by me, say the same.
grange_end1927

Postby pembroke allan » Sun Jan 26, 2020 7:58 pm

grange_end1927 wrote:Only see us going backwards under Harris, all the fans who sit by me, say the same.

Next December will say if going backwards or not as until he gets chance to change certain players and get in players in positions we have required for 2 yrs but never addressed by NW... only then can we honestly say its his team and his style that is crap or good :thumbup:
pembroke allan

Postby grange_end1927 » Sun Jan 26, 2020 8:02 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
grange_end1927 wrote:Only see us going backwards under Harris, all the fans who sit by me, say the same.

Next December will say if going backwards or not as until he gets chance to change certain players and get in players in positions we have required for 2 yrs but never addressed by NW... only then can we honestly say its his team and his style that is crap or good :thumbup:

Mate, am i not allowed my opinion like the op says?

you mate attack everyones views :evil:

I say and see we are going backwards under Harris and that what i think, if that ok with you mate and so do thousands
grange_end1927

Postby Danny Says » Sun Jan 26, 2020 8:05 pm

Another gripe of mine and I suspect many is the lack of football knowledge in the boardroom with the self styled “ transfer committee” being constituted of people with little or no idea of how a modern day football club manages the FOOTBALL side.

I read a decent article yesterday about Brentford who attract young talent because they ie the young kids want to go to that club as they’ll get playing time. Our club attracts very little young talent rather seasoned experienced journeymen. How did they get Ollie Watkins? Next season if they make it to the PL (& I hope they do) with their new ground they won’t need to sell their best players.

The club needs IMO to step back and look at the FOOTBALL side and acquire people ‘upstairs’
who’ll know how to advance the club forwards in the 2020’s.
Danny Says

Postby Hopski » Sun Jan 26, 2020 8:07 pm

We are where we are and I'm not worried yet. Disappointed with some of our signings given the millions spent and apprehensive that Harris may be a Slade clone. Guess apathetic sums up the mood. No problem with VT as owner btw.
Everyone is entitled to my opinion
Hopski

Postby Forever Blue » Sun Jan 26, 2020 8:10 pm

Tan formed his committee on transfers/money quite a few years ago and said they were now in total control of it all and only they would decide on everything, contracts, players in/out/money etc etc, so they should take the blame.

They appointed Warnock and over saw everything.

They've appointed Harris and once again will over see everything.

So money made or lost on transfers they should take full responsibility :thumbright:

Forever Blue
Admin

Postby bluebird1972 » Sun Jan 26, 2020 8:13 pm

I just feel as a club we’ve wasted two opportunities to grow the clubs fan base and standing, and what’s even worse after both promotions we have been left with two squads that are awfully unbalanced and lacking any attacking promise or football style. I hope I’m wrong but I feel we will regret the lost opportunity over the next 10 years.
bluebird1972

Postby wez1927 » Sun Jan 26, 2020 8:16 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Tan formed his committee on transfers/money quite a few years ago and said they were now in total control of it all and only they would decide on everything, contracts, players in/out/money etc etc, so they should take the blame.

So money made or lost on transfers they should take full responsibility :thumbright:

Most successful time ever under tan facts don't lie tho :lol:
wez1927

Postby valleyrambill » Sun Jan 26, 2020 8:30 pm

I think we were unlucky to get relegated a bit more luck and better officials then we would have stayed up then we lost good players Bamba was injured Bruno left Gunnerson a big player in my eyes this has been proved this season we also lost Arter and Camerasa then Bobby Reid .

Beginning of the season Patterson was injured and is only now looking match fit .

We were all expecting to go for promotion and I think supporters turned on Warnock to soon yes we lost against the worzels and the Jacks in both games it could have gone either way but Warnock left and I still have a bad feeling about that he should have stayed until the end of the season and left in a better way.

I don't think the football has got better at all Millwall and Preston were the worst games at City since Slade was here and then the thrashing at QPR .

I didn't want Harris and how we are playing now and seeing Millwall now I still think he was the wrong appointment hearing supporters saying they wont be renewing next season is a worry as they feel the football is worse .

This league this year is a poor standard besides Brenford Leeds and Westbrom its all very poor and sadly we are with the poor standard as in a lot of games we should win we haven't.

Hope Harris proves me wrong and gets the team playing but Cant see it sadly
[color=#0040BF][/color]
valleyrambill

Postby Forever Blue » Sun Jan 26, 2020 8:39 pm

wez1927 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:Tan formed his committee on transfers/money quite a few years ago and said they were now in total control of it all and only they would decide on everything, contracts, players in/out/money etc etc, so they should take the blame.

Most successful time ever under tan facts don't lie tho :lol:

Wez, Agreed we have had some of most successful times in our history under Tan :thumbright: , but also some of our lowest ever times in our history. The Despicable Rebrand :evil: and also our highest debt in our history .

Forever Blue
Admin

Next

Return to General Chat