Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: CCFC FANS ONLY...THE MOOD

Tue Jan 28, 2020 1:50 am

The mood should be great. We back in blue and that’s all that matters right? We didn’t care what league we in as long as we in blue that’s more important than the football. I for one loving that we back in blue. When I get down I lift myself up by remembering the time in red. Simples.

Playing in blue is the be all and end all. Anything else doesn’t matter a jot.

Tue Jan 28, 2020 7:08 am

dogfound wrote:
bluesince62 wrote:
dogfound wrote:
Canton104 wrote:
Danny Says wrote:
Canton104 wrote:Are we forgetting it was Warnock who pissed all the money away and then off he popped when he knew he’d been found out. No wonder the blokes hated.

Hated by who?

Seriously?

hated by a few people that think you get Messi for half a crown.
did an amazing job here and it will be a long time before we get lucky like that again..

He did an amazing job as you said,I'm pretty sure that canton,is taking the "hatred" from other clubs fans? As hatred for him from our fans? We all probably hated him when he was the opposition manager :lol: otherwise I don't get the hatred bit,the same as I don't buy the belief that Warnock was "hounded out" from the club either,as on the latter,where is the evidence of that? Where were the demonstrations and banners at games?? A few fans,of which I was one,voiced our opinions after the derby games,that perhaps he should go,but certainly not hounded out,I said back then that he should maybe go, with head held high,than to hang on and let it sour further.only opinions,none of which I believe we're enough (from me especially ) to bother him? as I said, most opposing fans hated Warnock, and the team he happened to manage,because we all knew what was coming :thumbup: :old: :bluebird:

no he mentioned this pissing the money nonsense..
thing is, you look at nelson and flint and no they are not as good as Bruno and sol { before injury } or are vaulks and pack as good as camarasa and gunner etc etc... but the amount spent actually tells you that they are not going to be surely ?
as for the reaction...embarrassing on a Chernobyl scale...

Pissing money nonsense :lol: look at the players he over paid for and we’re either stuck with or had to get rid of at a major loss. The football under him was rubbish and once his hoof ball tactics were found out he jumped ship.

Tue Jan 28, 2020 7:25 am

We’ve had a few great seasons under Sir N and enjoyed the ride especially after Paul Trollope / Russel Slade .
My expectation for this season was based on NW comments of ‘giving it a go if we get relegated’ last season which clearly wasn’t the case from the ins/outs over the summer.
The mood this season has been reflected by that and by what has been seen on the pitch in the style of football imho.
We have not progressed under Harris but tbh ,he has delivered good results.
I couldn’t name his first 11 or see the board give him any money to improve the squad significantly...which is ironic when we let a big money signing in Madine leave for nothing.
The positives under Neil H are the results are good overall and he seems to be taking the FA cup seriously which could get Sheff Utd down here .
End of the day , anyone who has supported city for a long time (I started in 1973) knows these are good days in comparison ....and I will always support the Bluebirds whether I like the manager , the board or the football etc etc ...

Wed Jan 29, 2020 12:18 am

Blueman39 wrote:We’ve had a few great seasons under Sir N and enjoyed the ride especially after Paul Trollope / Russel Slade .
My expectation for this season was based on NW comments of ‘giving it a go if we get relegated’ last season which clearly wasn’t the case from the ins/outs over the summer.
The mood this season has been reflected by that and by what has been seen on the pitch in the style of football imho.
We have not progressed under Harris but tbh ,he has delivered good results.
I couldn’t name his first 11 or see the board give him any money to improve the squad significantly...which is ironic when we let a big money signing in Madine leave for nothing.
The positives under Neil H are the results are good overall and he seems to be taking the FA cup seriously which could get Sheff Utd down here .
End of the day , anyone who has supported city for a long time (I started in 1973) knows these are good days in comparison ....and I will always support the Bluebirds whether I like the manager , the board or the football etc etc ...

Yes,the statement from Warnock was what had most believing we would be challenging for top two,he said when he left they were dood enough to achieve it,still :shock: just shows me managers say what fans want to hear mostly.the madine situation is unclear,as the club and player chose to tell us it was a mutual agreement, which can mean several things.there were rumours put up here, that he had been fighting in Newcastle? ? If so I cannot see the club paying him up for any remaining time on contract,as I understand,that in his position, would come under gross misconduct? ? But are you suggesting it was Harris who told the club to get shot? Not forgetting Harris went on record as saying he really liked him as a player?? Anyway madine s leaving,has hardly going to have much of an impact on form imho,your last line sums things up beautifully for me,that's old school support,I salute you. :thumbup: :old: :bluebird:

Wed Jan 29, 2020 12:48 am

Have to say,I am pleasantly surprised, the thread in the main has remained very amicable, no real issues as such,but I feel I have to say, after tonight's fantastic win for us,I am more convinced there is a certain mood around supporters on this forum,regarding the manager, and it doesn't sit right with me :? I have tonight read two separate posts, by the owner of this forum,which are conflicting to the extent I think is blatant "agenda setting" in his report," they played ok both half's of the game" they usually have a poor first half,not tonight,etc etc,fair report in my eyes :thumbup: but the I stumble across a topic to do with the football being dire,his reply was in agreance with the op,and he also stars "the manager says he is happy with the squad" I say things as I see them,and to me the agenda with him,is the manager!! I wasn't over the moon with him being given the job,but as usual I along with most,will get behind the manager (whoever that happens to be) and the team we all so obviously love,I state in the op,all opinions are welcomed,but can be challenged if your view is different,without screaming obscenities back and forth. :thumbup: :old: :bluebird:

Wed Jan 29, 2020 2:48 am

tangledupinblue wrote:My mood is one I have experienced many times over the years, frustrated, underwhelmed and a little sadness. Frustration over the failure to capatalise on 2 promotions, big crowds, attracting new fans and failing to ride the crest of the Welsh teams “Together Stronger” wave at Euro 16. Underwhelmed, by the squad that Neil Warnock and the transfer committee have left their equally underwhelming choice of manager to work with. And sadness, as I really thought Tan had got the bug, returning us to blue, debt to equity, but it seems not. No more video interviews offering assurances and commitment, staying away from games, a football club needs love from above to give it a chance to evolve and prosper, clearly we are not getting that, based on all this , we will do well to maintain our level in the foreseeable future, which is a mid table championship team. I will support Harris until 10 games in for next season, he deserves that. Much rather have him than Warnock, but was absolutely a yes man cost cutting appointment and was the one candidate I did not want,

Sick of the snipers on here who can’t help themselves but ridicule and name call those who dare not agree with their opinions, we have lost excellent contributors over the years thanks to them, they can’t seem to cope when they get disagreed with.

Onwards and hopefully upwards :bluescarf: :bluebird:

Agreed

Wed Jan 29, 2020 7:34 am

Isawgarystevensscoreagoal wrote:
tangledupinblue wrote:My mood is one I have experienced many times over the years, frustrated, underwhelmed and a little sadness. Frustration over the failure to capatalise on 2 promotions, big crowds, attracting new fans and failing to ride the crest of the Welsh teams “Together Stronger” wave at Euro 16. Underwhelmed, by the squad that Neil Warnock and the transfer committee have left their equally underwhelming choice of manager to work with. And sadness, as I really thought Tan had got the bug, returning us to blue, debt to equity, but it seems not. No more video interviews offering assurances and commitment, staying away from games, a football club needs love from above to give it a chance to evolve and prosper, clearly we are not getting that, based on all this , we will do well to maintain our level in the foreseeable future, which is a mid table championship team. I will support Harris until 10 games in for next season, he deserves that. Much rather have him than Warnock, but was absolutely a yes man cost cutting appointment and was the one candidate I did not want,

Sick of the snipers on here who can’t help themselves but ridicule and name call those who dare not agree with their opinions, we have lost excellent contributors over the years thanks to them, they can’t seem to cope when they get disagreed with.

Onwards and hopefully upwards :bluescarf: :bluebird:

Agreed

:thumbup: