Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Updated : " Four Cardiff fans arrested "

Sun Jan 26, 2020 1:23 pm

UPDATED:

All Released with NO charges :thumbright: :thumbright: :bluebird:

The stewards have been interviewed by the police and I believe there will be no more arrests and no investigation.
This is the end of the matter.

Just wish media would now state this :thumbright:

BBC

Thames Valley Police say four male Cardiff City fans were arrested for "alleged racially aggravated abuse" during Saturday's 1-1 FA Cup draw at Reading.

In a statement the force said those arrested were a a 15-year-old from Caerphilly, a 16-year-old from Abergavenny, a 21-year-old from Crickhowell, and a 24-year-old from Caerphilly.

"All four have been released under investigation," Thames Valley Police added.

"The force will continue to work in partnership with the clubs and South Wales Police."

Warnings relating to the alleged incidents were issued via the public address system at Madejski Stadium.

On Saturday Cardiff City said in a statement they were aware of the allegations.

"We will be speaking with Reading Football Club, Thames Valley Police and South Wales Police (in attendance with our travelling support) to ascertain the facts of the matter," said the Bluebirds.

"We will conduct these conversations with the relevant authorities before making any further comment."

A Football Association spokesperson says they are aware of the allegations and will also be investigating.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: " Four arrested "

Sun Jan 26, 2020 1:33 pm

I was at the game and didn’t hear anything aside from the anti English stuff which arguably is racist but also was sung by the majority not just four people.

But if I’m honest it wouldn’t surprise me if there is something to it.

Sun Jan 26, 2020 1:37 pm

maccydee wrote:I was at the game and didn’t hear anything aside from the anti English stuff which arguably is racist but also was sung by the majority not just four people.

But if I’m honest it wouldn’t surprise me if there is something to it.

I was near the Reading fans and I’d say the anti English / Welsh chanting was 50/50

Sun Jan 26, 2020 1:42 pm

15 year old and a 16 year old bet there parents must be proud lol again chanting was back and forth anti english anti welsh theres no way they got done for the chanting they must have said something straight towards steward

Sun Jan 26, 2020 1:42 pm

Lots of boys been giving bans for no reasons at all and one got knicked for sticking up for himself.
Disgraceful club.

Sun Jan 26, 2020 1:43 pm

Lets wait & see what our clubs official investigations unveils.

Unfortunately, both National & local journalistic media have jumped on this bandwagon from a great height,,, and they will winkle out anything in order too not only discredit, but also demonise Cardiff City FC supporters.

Sun Jan 26, 2020 1:45 pm

Chippy82 wrote:15 year old and a 16 year old bet there parents must be proud lol again chanting was back and forth anti english anti welsh theres no way they got done for the chanting they must have said something straight towards steward

Just because they are young you decide to hit out at them? I could tell you what happened to me at the Swansea game and you would understand my view. Lots of youngsters are getting associated wrongly and police are treating them 100x worse than the adults.

Sun Jan 26, 2020 1:52 pm

HARRYccfc1927 wrote:
Chippy82 wrote:15 year old and a 16 year old bet there parents must be proud lol again chanting was back and forth anti english anti welsh theres no way they got done for the chanting they must have said something straight towards steward

Just because they are young you decide to hit out at them? I could tell you what happened to me at the Swansea game and you would understand my view. Lots of youngsters are getting associated wrongly and police are treating them 100x worse than the adults.
because a large majority of the time its these youngsters that are the problem sadly

Sun Jan 26, 2020 1:53 pm

Decided there guilty have you?

Sun Jan 26, 2020 1:56 pm

Bluedodo wrote:

Omg touched a nerve have I said there guilty no I havent what I'm saying is theres no way only four people would have been arrested for anti english chanting it would have been more its obv theres something more to it

Sun Jan 26, 2020 2:05 pm

I am amazed all the defending and denials going on over the last 24 hours without anyone knowing the story. Being somewhere doesn’t mean you will automatically hear someone abusing someone else. There was clearly enough evidence at the time to arrest 4 people.

England isn’t a race so those saying it must be a Welsh/English thing are mistaken. It would be xenophobic abuse not racially motivated abuse which is what they were arrested for.
Last edited by Magicalempire on Sun Jan 26, 2020 2:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sun Jan 26, 2020 2:06 pm

Magicalempire wrote:I am amazed all the defending and denials going on over the last 24 hours without anyone knowing the story. Being somewhere doesn’t mean you will automatically hear someone abusing someone else. There was clearly enough evidence at the time to arrest 4 people.
that's what I've been saying theres no way it was for the basic chanting something else has happend it seems

Sun Jan 26, 2020 2:10 pm

Magicalempire wrote:I am amazed all the defending and denials going on over the last 24 hours without anyone knowing the story. Being somewhere doesn’t mean you will automatically hear someone abusing someone else. There was clearly enough evidence at the time to arrest 4 people.

England isn’t a race so those saying it must be a Welsh/English thing are mistaken. It would be xenophobic abuse not racially motivated abuse which is what they were arrested for.

If they been done for anti english then it's going open a massive can worms

Sun Jan 26, 2020 2:12 pm

HARRYccfc1927 wrote:Lots of boys been giving bans for no reasons at all and one got knicked for sticking up for himself.
Disgraceful club.

If after this theres been a mistake from reading then they need to apologise and quick

Sun Jan 26, 2020 2:13 pm

Chippy82 wrote:

It won’t be for that, no chance.

They clearly say “racially motivated”. Now arrests have been made I think people should now start to take a step back from the denials and victim mentality and consider distancing themselves from this group of fans and condemning their alleged actions. Of course making no final judgements until a full investigation has taken place - but I have found the reaction quite distasteful to be honest.

Sun Jan 26, 2020 2:14 pm

They will make an example of them for sure with all the hype,

:bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluebird:

yes the rest of us were fully aware of the difference between racism and xenophobia before you googled and then typed what you had found out . but you were not there either and do not know the story yourself and if you think the police need what you call ..enough evidence .. to arrest someone at football your living in cookoo land and do not and never have gone to games..

Sun Jan 26, 2020 2:16 pm

Magicalempire wrote:
Chippy82 wrote:

It won’t be for that, no chance.

They clearly say “racially motivated”. Now arrests have been made I think people should now start to take a step back from the denials and victim mentality and consider distancing themselves from this group of fans and condemning their alleged actions. Of course making no final judgements until a full investigation has taken place - but I have found the reaction quite distasteful to be honest.

I have and had my head bit off I been going down city since 91 away since 94 never once heard any of this at all

Sun Jan 26, 2020 2:21 pm

dogfound wrote:

yes the rest of us were fully aware of the difference between racism and xenophobia before you googled and then typed what you had found out . but you were not there either and do not know the story yourself and if you think the police need what you call ..enough evidence .. to arrest someone at football your living in cookoo land and do not and never have gone to games..

Googled the difference between racism and xenophobia? :laughing6:

What an odd thing to say. I take it you had no idea then?... like “cookoo”, probably a new species maybe?

The fact you are defending this group is outrageous. But I expect no less.

Sun Jan 26, 2020 2:23 pm

:bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluebird:

Sun Jan 26, 2020 2:24 pm

Chippy82 wrote:
Bluedodo wrote:

Omg touched a nerve have I said there guilty no I havent what I'm saying is theres no way only four people would have been arrested for anti english chanting it would have been more its obv theres something more to it

Your comment " their parents must be so proud"

Why make that comment if you havent decided their guilty?

There might have been a 15 year old child shitting himself in police custody having not done anything but on the word of a steward.

Sun Jan 26, 2020 2:25 pm

Magicalempire wrote:
dogfound wrote:

What an odd thing to say. I take it you had no idea then?... like “cookoo”, probably a new species maybe?

Roathieeeeeee bluebirds bluebirds bluebirds.

Sun Jan 26, 2020 2:29 pm

Magicalempire wrote:
dogfound wrote:

im not defending anyone, just pointing out you started off telling everyone they didn't know the story ,then go on to inform everyone how clear it is TO YOU what had actually happened , although you don't know what exactly happened either..

Sun Jan 26, 2020 2:32 pm

dogfound wrote:
Magicalempire wrote:
dogfound wrote:

im not defending anyone, just pointing out you started off telling everyone they didn't know the story ,then go on to inform everyone how clear it is TO YOU what had actually happened , although you don't know what exactly happened either..

Dog you forget he is expert on anything and everything! and he was at game so he knows exactly what was said as was standing next to the fans in question? How can you question his knowledge and expertise ? :mrgreen:

Sun Jan 26, 2020 2:33 pm

dogfound wrote:
Magicalempire wrote:
dogfound wrote:

Eh?

People are saying they must have been arrested for Wales/England stuff. Read the threads and endless comments on it. They have been arrested for “racially aggravated abuse” - it’s clear to everyone (not me) that these arrests have been made for RACIAL ABUSE not xenophobia which is what others are guessing it is.

Sun Jan 26, 2020 2:34 pm

Can those who know about the process please educate me.

What does arrested for "alleged racially aggravated abuse" actually mean ? Does an arrest mean they are charged ? Is it the same thing ?

If they are charged does that mean they will end up in magistrates court ?

Is there any precedent of anti region or country chanting ?

Is a country or region a race ?

Sun Jan 26, 2020 2:39 pm

llan bluebird wrote:Can those who know about the process please educate me.

What does arrested for "alleged racially aggravated abuse" actually mean ? Does an arrest mean they are charged ? Is it the same thing ?

They are released under investigation so it's on going and if enough evidence is found they will then be charged with what they were arrested for? But presume resident expert will enlighten us all about thus.... As for chanting against English what' happens when next clubs fans sing anti welsh chants? Presumably they will be warned as well and so forth going to get interesting me thinks..

Sun Jan 26, 2020 2:40 pm

llan bluebird wrote:Can those who know about the process please educate me.

Arrests can be made if there are reasonable grounds to suggest an offence has been committed.

They will need to have sufficient evidence before charging them. Otherwise it will be a pointless exercise in court.

Race in human terms means a group of people with distinct physical or behavioural differences or traits. Abuse between Welsh and English will be xenophobic abuse and not racially aggravated abuse as they were arrested for.

The Wales/England thing seems to be a misinformed guess started on this forum. The arrests and the section they were arrested under suggests quite something different.

Sun Jan 26, 2020 2:41 pm

Bluedodo wrote:
Chippy82 wrote:
Bluedodo wrote:

Your comment " their parents must be so proud"

Why make that comment if you havent decided their guilty?

There might have been a 15 year old child shitting himself in police custody having not done anything but on the word of a steward.
what would you be proud if your 15-16 year old was arrested for alleged racist homophobic comments even if found not guilty hardly something to be proud of end of the day its plainly obvious it's not down to the chanting otherwise the question needs to be asked why only 4 they have obv said something to steward who has then reported them if the steward has heard wrong then reading fc and that steward should apologise but let's wait and see