Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: " Four arrested "

Sun Jan 26, 2020 2:42 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
llan bluebird wrote:Can those who know about the process please educate me.

What does arrested for "alleged racially aggravated abuse" actually mean ? Does an arrest mean they are charged ? Is it the same thing ?

If they are charged does that mean they will end up in magistrates court ?

Is there any precedent of anti region or country chanting ?

Is a country or region a race ?

They are released under investigation so it's on going and if enough evidence is found they will then be charged with what they were arrested for? But presume resident expert will enlighten us all about thus.... As for chanting against English what' happens when next clubs fans sing anti welsh chants? Presumably they will be warned as well and so forth going to get interesting me thinks..

I cant see it being anti welsh english stuff but we wait and see

Sun Jan 26, 2020 2:42 pm

pembroke allan wrote:

They are released under investigation so it's on going and if enough evidence is found they will then be charged with what they were arrested for? But presume resident expert will enlighten us all about thus.... As for chanting against English what' happens when next clubs fans sing anti welsh chants? Presumably they will be warned as well and so forth going to get interesting me thinks..

No they won’t be warned as that’s not racist.

I’m yet to hear of Tannoy system xenophobic warnings in football between British clubs.

Sun Jan 26, 2020 2:46 pm

Chippy82 wrote:
Bluedodo wrote:
Chippy82 wrote:
Bluedodo wrote:
Chippy82 wrote:15 year old and a 16 year old bet there parents must be proud lol again chanting was back and forth anti english anti welsh theres no way they got done for the chanting they must have said something straight towards steward

Decided there guilty have you?

Omg touched a nerve have I said there guilty no I havent what I'm saying is theres no way only four people would have been arrested for anti english chanting it would have been more its obv theres something more to it

Your comment " their parents must be so proud"

Why make that comment if you havent decided their guilty?

There might have been a 15 year old child shitting himself in police custody having not done anything but on the word of a steward.
what would you be proud if your 15-16 year old was arrested for alleged racist homophobic comments even if found not guilty hardly something to be proud of end of the day its plainly obvious it's not down to the chanting otherwise the question needs to be asked why only 4 they have obv said something to steward who has then reported them if the steward has heard wrong then reading fc and that steward should apologise but let's wait and see

If the stewards was abused by just 4 fans why was there an announcement to all city fans? Normal procedure is to report the fans and police go in to bring them out once identified.. not accuse all fans of using abusive chants. That is inherently wrong and defamatory against fans not chanting what was reported to be said. Extremely poor from whoever authorised the announcement..

Sun Jan 26, 2020 2:50 pm

pembroke allan wrote:If the stewards was abused by just 4 fans why was there an announcement to all city fans? Normal procedure is to report the fans and police go in to bring them out once identified.. not accuse all fans of using abusive chants. That is inherently wrong and defamatory against fans not chanting what was reported to be said. Extremely poor from whoever authorised the announcement..

Only 4 were arrested, that isn’t to say more weren’t guilty of it. They didn’t blame all your fans from what I have read. They stated that there should be a stop to the racially motivated abuse coming from away supporters, I haven’t heard anyone state they specifically said all away fans.

Sun Jan 26, 2020 2:53 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
Chippy82 wrote:
Bluedodo wrote:
Chippy82 wrote:
Bluedodo wrote:
Chippy82 wrote:15 year old and a 16 year old bet there parents must be proud lol again chanting was back and forth anti english anti welsh theres no way they got done for the chanting they must have said something straight towards steward

Omg touched a nerve have I said there guilty no I havent what I'm saying is theres no way only four people would have been arrested for anti english chanting it would have been more its obv theres something more to it

There might have been a 15 year old child shitting himself in police custody having not done anything but on the word of a steward.
what would you be proud if your 15-16 year old was arrested for alleged racist homophobic comments even if found not guilty hardly something to be proud of end of the day its plainly obvious it's not down to the chanting otherwise the question needs to be asked why only 4 they have obv said something to steward who has then reported them if the steward has heard wrong then reading fc and that steward should apologise but let's wait and see

If the stewards was abused by just 4 fans why was there an announcement to all city fans? Normal procedure is to report the fans and police go in to bring them out once identified.. not accuse all fans of using abusive chants. That is inherently wrong and defamatory against fans not chanting what was reported to be said. Extremely poor from whoever authorised the announcement..

Who ever allowed that announcement was shocking the 4 could have been ejected and nothing be said like I said theres more to come from this guaranteed its weird

Sun Jan 26, 2020 2:54 pm

Chippy82 wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
Chippy82 wrote:
Bluedodo wrote:
Chippy82 wrote:
Bluedodo wrote:

Who ever allowed that announcement was shocking the 4 could have been ejected and nothing be said like I said theres more to come from this guaranteed its weird

When the announcement was made I've never seen 2.5 k people aoo bemused

Sun Jan 26, 2020 3:00 pm

What does arrested for "alleged racially aggravated abuse" actually mean ? Does an arrest mean they are charged ? Is it the same thing ?

In theory chanting anti-English/Welsh songs can be considered 'racist' because racism has a wide definition which includes 'nationality'.

However, it only becomes an offence if it is within earshot of someone likely to be offended by the chanting. At a guess it could have been an English born steward who reported them? But if that is the case then what about the 2000 odd other fans who chanted the same?

If this is the case then it is about time we started complaining about anti-Welsh chants although I find them more funny than offensive.

Sun Jan 26, 2020 3:04 pm

Why is this clown still being allowed to spout his nonsense?! - innocent until proven guilty. We're not living in Mexico! Anyone can report a crime, it doesn't mean it happened. Let's wait until the investigation is complete before giving your expert advice :lol:

Tony Blue Williams wrote:

In theory chanting anti-English/Welsh songs can be considered 'racist' because racism has a wide definition which includes 'nationality'.

However, it only becomes an offence if it is within earshot of someone likely to be offended by the chanting. At a guess it could have been an English born steward who reported them? But if that is the case then what about the 2000 odd other fans who chanted the same?

If this is the case then it is about time we started complaining about anti-Welsh chants although I find them more funny than offensive.

Racism does not include nationality. At all.

It is appearance as behavioural based, not nationality. Again, that’s xenophobic not racist.

This Welsh/English thing is just a way to cover it with a less offensive scenario. It’s literally been fabricated on this forum in front of our very eyes.

Magicalempire wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:If the stewards was abused by just 4 fans why was there an announcement to all city fans? Normal procedure is to report the fans and police go in to bring them out once identified.. not accuse all fans of using abusive chants. That is inherently wrong and defamatory against fans not chanting what was reported to be said. Extremely poor from whoever authorised the announcement..

Only 4 were arrested, that isn’t to say more weren’t guilty of it. They didn’t blame all your fans from what I have read. They stated that there should be a stop to the racially motivated abuse coming from away supporters, I haven’t heard anyone state they specifically said all away fans.

So the tannoy announcement was directed at away fans your "words!!" Guess that doesnt mean the 2.5k city fan's so who was it directed at? And dont say just the ones shouting abuse? Because not even you know how many were doing it :lol:

Sun Jan 26, 2020 3:05 pm

Bluebird_87 wrote:Why is this clown still being allowed to spout his nonsense?! - innocent until proven guilty. We're not living in Mexico! Anyone can report a crime, it doesn't mean it happened. Let's wait until the investigation is complete before giving your expert advice :lol:

Which bit specifically do you think is nonsense? All of what I have said it fact, it isn’t an opinion.

Sun Jan 26, 2020 3:05 pm

:bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluebird:

Sun Jan 26, 2020 3:07 pm

Magicalempire wrote:
Bluebird_87 wrote:Why is this clown still being allowed to spout his nonsense?! - innocent until proven guilty. We're not living in Mexico! Anyone can report a crime, it doesn't mean it happened. Let's wait until the investigation is complete before giving your expert advice :lol:

Which bit specifically do you think is nonsense? All of what I have said it fact, it isn’t an opinion.

Only fact is 4 arrested for an offence that is it anything else is hearsay... whatever crap you expand this story with is just your opinion for what its worth :old:

Sun Jan 26, 2020 3:09 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
Magicalempire wrote:

Only fact is 4 arrested for an offence that is it anything else is hearsay... whatever crap you expand this story with is just your opinion for what its worth :old:

... And that offence is racially aggravated abuse, yes.

So not Welsh/English stuff. Racism.

Sun Jan 26, 2020 3:11 pm

Magicalempire wrote:

It is appearance as behavioural based, not nationality. Again, that’s xenophobic not racist.

This Welsh/English thing is just a way to cover it with a less offensive scenario. It’s literally been fabricated on this forum in front of our very eyes.

Racism is based on the definition within the Equality Act 2010 which states

"In the Equality Act, race can mean your colour, or your nationality (including your citizenship). It can also mean your ethnic or national origins, which may not be the same as your current nationality. For example, you may have Chinese national origins and be living in Britain with a British passport."

Sun Jan 26, 2020 3:12 pm

:bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluebird:

Sun Jan 26, 2020 3:13 pm

Magicalempire wrote:

Who said I was talking to you? :wave: strange chap.

Sun Jan 26, 2020 3:15 pm

Magicalempire wrote:

Racism is based on the definition within the Equality Act 2010 which states

"In the Equality Act, race can mean your colour, or your nationality (including your citizenship). It can also mean your ethnic or national origins, which may not be the same as your current nationality. For example, you may have Chinese national origins and be living in Britain with a British passport."

Yes, nationality based on behavioural or physical appearance. Hence the Chinese is an example.

English to Welsh have no clear behavioural or physical differences and is not classed as racism.

“Racism is the belief in the superiority of one race over another. It may also mean prejudice, discrimination, or antagonism directed against other people because they are of a different race or ethnicity. Modern variants of racism are often based in social perceptions of biological differences between peoples.”

Sun Jan 26, 2020 3:16 pm

Bluebird_87 wrote:
Magicalempire wrote:

Ah so not me then, good stuff.

Sun Jan 26, 2020 3:17 pm

:bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluebird:

Sun Jan 26, 2020 3:20 pm

Magicalempire wrote:
Bluebird_87 wrote:
Magicalempire wrote:

Ah so not me then, good stuff.

. .
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sun Jan 26, 2020 3:24 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
Magicalempire wrote:

So the tannoy announcement was directed at away fans your "words!!" Guess that doesnt mean the 2.5k city fan's so who was it directed at? And dont say just the ones shouting abuse? Because not even you know how many were doing it or perhaps you do as probably sitting next to the fans chanting...:lol:

Sun Jan 26, 2020 3:26 pm

Why do you feel the need to converse with this jack prick all the time? He can’t say anything as the only team with a known racist element are the Jacks and that’s a fact.

Sun Jan 26, 2020 3:28 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
Magicalempire wrote:

So the tannoy announcement was directed at away fans your "words!!" Guess that doesnt mean the 2.5k city fan's so who was it directed at? And dont say just the ones shouting abuse? Because not even you know how many were doing it or perhaps you do as probably sitting next to the fans chanting...:lol:

All of those arrested were away fans, they came from the away section where the abuse was heard. The tannoy announcement was correct in asking the abuse coming from the away section to stop. Did you expect the tannoy announcer to name them individually to request them to stop? :laughing6:

Sun Jan 26, 2020 3:29 pm

Canton104 wrote:Why do you feel the need to converse with this jack prick all the time? He can’t say anything as the only team with a known racist element are the Jacks and that’s a fact.

These arrests suggest otherwise. How many arrests have we had over racist abuse out of interest?

Aye

Sun Jan 26, 2020 3:34 pm

Really the police never get it wrong when arresting someone with what they are charging them with, look it has not been said what they will be charging them with all it says is arrested for allegedly racial abuse. When it is announced what they are going to be charged with after invesigation, then people can make their mind up. Until then people are just guessing

Sun Jan 26, 2020 3:35 pm

Magicalempire wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
Magicalempire wrote:

All of those arrested were away fans, they came from the away section where the abuse was heard. The tannoy announcement was correct in asking the abuse coming from the away section to stop. Did you expect the tannoy announcer to name them individually to request them to stop? :laughing6:

Well if you went into a room of 100 people and shouted for room to stop shouting abuse how many would think it was directed at them without naming names? They would all think it was at whole room...
So what's difference with tannoy announcement aimed specifically at 2.5k fans in away end they assume it was aimed at all of them :old:

Sun Jan 26, 2020 3:38 pm

pembroke allan wrote:

Well if you went into a room of 100 people and shouted for room to stop shouting abuse how many would think it was directed at them without naming names? They would all think it was at them .!
So what's difference with tannoy announcement aimed specifically at 2.5k fans in away end they assume it was aimed at all of them :old:

If there was 100 people in the living room and 100 people in a kitchen and there was a small section of racist abuse coming from the living room, there would be absolutely nothing wrong with saying “can the racist abuse coming from the living room please stop”.

The racist abuse was allegedly coming from the away section (arrests since seem to corroborate that). So the announcement to request the racist abuse coming from the away end to stop is absolutely justified.

Sun Jan 26, 2020 3:44 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
Magicalempire wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
Magicalempire wrote:

Well if you went into a room of 100 people and shouted for room to stop shouting abuse how many would think it was directed at them without naming names? They would all think it was at whole room...

I was there and as you say the announcement was aimed at all of us. He said that it was a message for the away supporters. You cant get any clearer than that. The problem is that to save face these 4 will be thrown under a bus by the police and the Football authorities.

Sun Jan 26, 2020 3:45 pm

JJ1927 wrote:I was there and as you say the announcement was aimed at all of us. He said that it was a message for the away supporters. You cant get any clearer than that. The problem is that to save face these 4 will be thrown under a bus by the police and the Football authorities.

So you have decided they are innocent? :shock: