Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

OT - Completley shocking move by Welsh Assembly

Sat Jan 25, 2020 9:10 pm

Just seen that the Welsh Government are making Relationship and Sex Education and Religious Education compulsory in Welsh schools for kids between 3 and 16.

Regardless of what you think on whether these classes are good or bad is not the point I'm getting at here by the way. (Whole different discussion)

The bit that I find really shocking is that they went to the effort of undertaking a consultation with the public on these proposed school reforms specifically on RSE and RE and nearly 90% of respondents answered NO to the question:

Do you agree with making age and developmentally appropriate RSE compulsory for 3-16 years?

To me, this shows that the Welsh Gov. are not just out of touch with the populace they are in open revolt against them.

What is the point in conducting such a survey if you are going to implement something that goes against the wishes of nearly 90% of the population?

It may seem like a small matter that is flying under the radar, especially for those without kids (I have two young ones which is why I picked up on it in the first place) but the wider implication that the policymakers within the Welsh Gov. could act with such breathtaking arrogance and disregard for the populace is pretty damn terrifying when you stop and think about it.

Link to the summary of responses (the question I quoted is number 6)
https://gov.wales/sites/default/files/c ... ulum_1.pdf

Link to BBC article saying RSE and RE is being made compulsory
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-51177649

Re: OT - Completley shocking move by Welsh Assembly

Sat Jan 25, 2020 9:33 pm

ealing_ayatollah wrote:Just seen that the Welsh Government are making Relationship and Sex Education and Religious Education compulsory in Welsh schools for kids between 3 and 16.

Regardless of what you think on whether these classes are good or bad is not the point I'm getting at here by the way. (Whole different discussion)

The bit that I find really shocking is that they went to the effort of undertaking a consultation with the public on these proposed school reforms specifically on RSE and RE and nearly 90% of respondents answered NO to the question:

Do you agree with making age and developmentally appropriate RSE compulsory for 3-16 years?

To me, this shows that the Welsh Gov. are not just out of touch with the populace they are in open revolt against them.

What is the point in conducting such a survey if you are going to implement something that goes against the wishes of nearly 90% of the population?

It may seem like a small matter that is flying under the radar, especially for those without kids (I have two young ones which is why I picked up on it in the first place) but the wider implication that the policymakers within the Welsh Gov. could act with such breathtaking arrogance and disregard for the populace is pretty damn terrifying when you stop and think about it.

You should realise that wag are self opinionated bunch of overpaid civil servants! They love being the 1st to do something whether it's good or stupid for the people like stop smoking on beach? The list is endless of pointless ideas they come up with. :o

Sat Jan 25, 2020 9:56 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
ealing_ayatollah wrote:Just seen that the Welsh Government are making Relationship and Sex Education and Religious Education compulsory in Welsh schools for kids between 3 and 16.

You should realise that wag are self opinionated bunch of overpaid civil servants! They love being the 1st to do something whether it's good or stupid for the people like stop smoking on beach? The list is endless of pointless ideas they come up with. :o

Yeah fair point. It's just the fact that they went to the effort of asking the public their opinion and then in the face of overwhelming objection to their policy went ahead and put it into place anyway that really pisses me off. :banghead:

Sat Jan 25, 2020 10:22 pm

ealing_ayatollah wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:

Yeah fair point. It's just the fact that they went to the effort of asking the public their opinion and then in the face of overwhelming objection to their policy went ahead and put it into place anyway that really pisses me off. :banghead:

Well it's not 1st time theyve done it .. but as answer didn't suit their agenda they ran roughshod over the people to get their way. :o

Sun Jan 26, 2020 12:17 pm

100% agree with all posts above.

The WAG Labour administration steamroller crazy political policies with impunity and it seems that it is just to be seen as the FIRST to implement them. (Fool's,Not political pioneers) :oops:

Most of these policies are unwelcome and unnecessary.

The sex and relationship primary and secondary schools policy is not supported by 90% of us in Wales yet the Labour controlled WAG push it through (We know better than you, they are saying !)

Labour WAG, has committed to introduce a Bill to remove the defence of reasonable punishment by parents (Called the smacking ban) - this will mean that normal loving parents can go to prison for reasonable chastisement of their children (a loving tap on the legs, backside, hand, etc) - the existing law on abuse already covers anything beyond this by abusive parents. This policy is 70% not supported by us in Wales yet the Labour controlled WAG push it through (We know better than you, they are saying !)

M4 relief road debacle, Cardiff Airport purchase, Labour WAG support for staying in EU even though we voted to leave, Etc, Etc,Etc.(We know better than you, they are saying !)

I was Born and raised in Cardiff - spent plenty of years away in Military and now living in Mid Wales (Powys). Whilst I lived in Cardiff, I remember that the people from the North and Mid Wales communities used to always Moan that the South Got Everything and I too used to think that they were just moaners. Then when I moved here I found that they are fully justified in their moaning and to the extent that Rural Wales gets virtually forgotten by the WAG.

It is beyond laughable that the largest area of Wales (Powys), Has NO general Hospital at all and the WAG pay millions of pounds for Powys residents to use Hospitals over the Border in England ?(Shrewsbury, Telford, Gabowen, Stoke, etc) Whats that all about in a progressive self Governing Wales?
powys.png

I had a heart attack at home in 2017 and the ambulance arrived in Shrewsbury Hospital after 1Hr 10min then transferred to Stoke another 35 min's for treatment. Thank God I am still here :old:

There are countless other WAG policies that leave me speechless and just do not make sense at all.

A few, and I mean a few policies passed have done well but too many bad ones in my view.

I do not see how this will ever get any better until we remove the lunatics from running the asylum !
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sun Jan 26, 2020 12:53 pm

Just as bad here the 1st minister was our am and he approved downgrading local hospital!
Where I live is a 20+ minute drive to A&E at 50mph if can go that fast.. under blue lights no quicker as ambulance cannot go that fast on minor rds.... they want too move A&E 15miles further away what chance does anyone having heart attack or is seriously injured have if ambulance needs to travel upto 25miles to house then 15mls to a&e ? As for airport no problem with that as ever since it was sold previously it was left to rot by various owners at least it is getting investment and passenger numbers are increasing! And no pint comparing with Bristol as two totally different demographic areas population wise compared to rhoose...

Sun Jan 26, 2020 2:30 pm

These DIP STICKS need to let these children grow up they will leard soon enough.

Sun Jan 26, 2020 2:34 pm

this place should have never existed , need a second referendum.

Sun Jan 26, 2020 5:11 pm

It is the Welsh Government doing this, not the Assembly.

Please just take 30 seconds to google and understand the difference.

Sun Jan 26, 2020 5:15 pm

dogfound wrote:this place should have never existed , need a second referendum.

Yeah, you’re right, let’s be run by England cuck.

Let’s take power from the Welsh people (voted for in two referendums #Brexit) and leave them with less than people in London and Manchester.

If we remove our national parliament we should also remove all other national institutions, starting with national sporting teams.

We are either a country or a county. Your call you sniveling rat

Sun Jan 26, 2020 5:42 pm

tcblue wrote:

Let’s take power from the Welsh people (voted for in two referendums #Brexit) and leave them with less than people in London and Manchester.

If we remove our national parliament we should also remove all other national institutions, starting with national sporting teams.

Who fecking cares,as long as wag don’t put the price of beer up,cesspit of arseholes.
As for you,if you had 2 heads you’d be twice as dull.

Sun Jan 26, 2020 6:05 pm

tcblue wrote:

obviously news to you but we had a welsh football / rugby team long before we had that assembly down the bay.

i fully understand you and the anti welsh loons not wanting another referendum though...

Sun Jan 26, 2020 6:09 pm

tcblue wrote:It is the Welsh Government doing this, not the Assembly.

Get rid assembly the welsh gvmnt goes aswell! Same difference one goes other does aswell :thumbup:

Sun Jan 26, 2020 6:11 pm

dogfound wrote:
tcblue wrote:

obviously news to you but we had a welsh football / rugby team long before we had that assembly down the bay.

i fully understand you and the anti welsh loons not wanting another referendum though...

This poster as MO of roathy :laughing6:

Sun Jan 26, 2020 6:22 pm

dogfound wrote:
tcblue wrote:

If I remember correctly only around 50% bothered to vote when the question of a Welsh Assembly came up, and those in favour won by around 6,000 votes. I didn't bother myself, as like many others, I never believed that the "in favour of" campaign had the slightest chance of winning. I wouldn't be surprised that should another vote be held now, that would be the end of the Assembly. I can't say that I have noticed any fantastic changes since the Welsh Assembly came into being, and looking at the quality of our AM's, that should not be too surprising. If you were able to dissect the skull of every AM, I doubt if you would be able to put together one complete brain between them.

Sun Jan 26, 2020 6:27 pm

Steve Zodiak wrote:
dogfound wrote:
tcblue wrote:

If I remember correctly only around 50% bothered to vote when the question of a Welsh Assembly came up, and those in favour won by around 6,000 votes. I didn't bother myself, as like many others, I never believed that the "in favour of" campaign had the slightest chance of winning. I wouldn't be surprised that should another vote be held now, that would be the end of the Assembly. I can't say that I have noticed any fantastic changes since the Welsh Assembly came into being, and looking at the quality of our AM's, that should not be too surprising. If you were able to dissect the skull of every AM, I doubt if you would be able to put together one complete brain between them.

Assembly was voted in by some people living in Cardiff it was neck and neck until last votes from cdf were counted it's those votes that made the difference between victory and defeat for assembly. :o

Sun Jan 26, 2020 6:38 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
Steve Zodiak wrote:
dogfound wrote:
tcblue wrote:

Assembly was voted in by some people living in Cardiff it was neck and neck until last votes from cdf were counted it's those votes that made the difference between victory and defeat for assembly. :o

Yes, Wasn't it around half a million in favour and much the same against apart from a handful of votes? Too many people like me around who didn't bother because we thought it would never get off the ground. I suppose I can't moan about it too much, it's only here because of the likes of me who couldn't be bothered to get off my arse and put a tick on the ballot paper.

Sun Jan 26, 2020 6:45 pm

Steve Zodiak wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
Steve Zodiak wrote:
dogfound wrote:
tcblue wrote:

Yes, Wasn't it around half a million in favour and much the same against apart from a handful of votes? Too many people like me around who didn't bother because we thought it would never get off the ground. I suppose I can't moan about it too much, it's only here because of the likes of me who couldn't be bothered to get off my arse and put a tick on the ballot paper.

If remember rightly it was extremely close to close to call and Cardiff area was last to vote and those votes got it passed it was in low thousands the victory margin! Not sure if people would vote for wag again if given choice. :shock:

Sun Jan 26, 2020 7:07 pm

Steve Zodiak wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
Steve Zodiak wrote:
dogfound wrote:
tcblue wrote:

Blair wanted it mate, labour Mps who were against devolution were subject to a party whip.. and despite the 3 biggest parties in Wales backing it flat out it still only managed the support of 26% of our eligible voters..

Sun Jan 26, 2020 7:08 pm

Pretty sure everyone above this post referred to the Welsh Government or WAG (Welsh Assembly Government) which officially became the Welsh Government after the elections for the National Assembly For Wales in 2011.

Not sure if anyone actually has confused the two terms before your comment - but either way it's an odd hill to make a stand on and kind of misses the point a bit.

Sun Jan 26, 2020 7:25 pm

ealing_ayatollah wrote:

Pretty sure everyone above this post referred to the Welsh Government or WAG (Welsh Assembly Government) which officially became the Welsh Government after the elections for the National Assembly For Wales in 2011.

Not sure if anyone actually has confused the two terms before your comment - but either way it's an odd hill to make a stand on and kind of misses the point a bit.

We are all aware of what we are referring to but think he is trying to be clever and not succeeding. Did say got MO of roathy and got no reply to suggestion.... :laughing6:

Sun Jan 26, 2020 7:43 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
ealing_ayatollah wrote:

We are all aware of what we are referring to but think he is trying to be clever and not succeeding. Did say got MO of roathy and got no reply to suggestion.... :laughing6:

you might well be correct mate... a welsh nationalist loon version, he hasn't been one of those before.

Sun Jan 26, 2020 8:52 pm

dogfound wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
ealing_ayatollah wrote:

you might well be correct mate... a welsh nationalist loon version, he hasn't been one of those before.

Never know with him hes had so many egos bet even he gets confused as plenty of times he replies to one of his alter egos.. anyway hes not hard to detect or ignore :old:

Sun Jan 26, 2020 8:59 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
dogfound wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
ealing_ayatollah wrote:

Never know with him hes had so many egos bet even he gets confused as plenty of times he replies to one of his alter egos.. anyway hes not hard to detect or ignore :old:

I don't know why he doesn't start his own forum using all of his many user names. He could have hours of long discussions amongst himself, and it would have far more members than most football forums.

Sun Jan 26, 2020 9:11 pm

The people have twice voted and each time it was tight...

Personally, I voted an emphatic NO both times and would do so again

An absolute waste of time, effort and money and they do nothing that the Welsh Office couldn't do (possibly) cheaper and more effectively!

Sun Jan 26, 2020 9:19 pm

tcblue wrote:

So in your opinion what good has the WAG done for Wales ? and by your repsonse above I'm guessing its going to be all positives

Sun Jan 26, 2020 10:55 pm

Sven wrote:

The people have twice voted and each time it was tight...

Personally, I voted an emphatic NO both times and would do so again

An absolute waste of time, effort and money and they do nothing that the Welsh Office couldn't do (possibly) cheaper and more effectively!

totally agree , generally they go against public opinion..M4 relief rd, Brexit , education.. whatever the public think ,they go against.

Sun Jan 26, 2020 11:09 pm

I’ll break it down for you English nonces.

Anti Welsh Parliament = anti power residing in Wales
Anti powers residing with Welsh people = anti-Welsh

Simples.

If you don’t like the decisions made coming from Cathays Park (not Cardiff Bay, look it up if you need to) then you get to vote them out every 5 years.

That is democracy. In fact, democracy in Wales is cheaper and more democratic in Wales because we have PR. AMs are quite literally the lowest paid politicians in the UK.

I’m talking about principle here, not practice. I dislike Labour immensely.

If you want to be English, then go there. We’ve had two referendums since 99. If I’ve learned anything from Brexit (and I dislike Brussels as much as London), we don’t repeat referendums.

Sun Jan 26, 2020 11:24 pm

tcblue wrote:I’ll break it down for you English nonces.

Anti Welsh Parliament = anti power residing in Wales
Anti powers residing with Welsh people = anti-Welsh

Simples.

If you don’t like the decisions made coming from Cathays Park (not Cardiff Bay, look it up if you need to) then you get to vote them out every 5 years.

That is democracy. In fact, democracy in Wales is cheaper and more democratic in Wales because we have PR. AMs are quite literally the lowest paid politicians in the UK.

I’m talking about principle here, not practice. I dislike Labour immensely.

If you want to be English, then go there. We’ve had two referendums since 99. If I’ve learned anything from Brexit (and I dislike Brussels as much as London), we don’t repeat referendums.

of course you can repeat referendums .. it was not the first referendum on Europe, wasn't the first for devolution . and the SNP are campaigning for another re independence in Scotland at the moment.....
so..the revolutionary anti welsh people lunaloop actually learned zero, zilch ,sweet FA.
so go put your military gear on meet with your joke revolutionary piss heads nutter mates and go march around some village in Powys...

Mon Jan 27, 2020 12:09 am

pembroke allan wrote:
Steve Zodiak wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
Steve Zodiak wrote:
dogfound wrote:
tcblue wrote:

If remember rightly it was extremely close to close to call and Cardiff area was last to vote and those votes got it passed it was in low thousands the victory margin! Not sure if people would vote for wag again if given choice. :shock:

You obviously don't remember it as well as you think as Cardiff voted AGAINST the Assembly. :thumbright: