Mon Jan 27, 2020 12:59 am

moonboots wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
Steve Zodiak wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
Steve Zodiak wrote:
dogfound wrote:
tcblue wrote:
dogfound wrote:this place should have never existed , need a second referendum.

Yeah, you’re right, let’s be run by England cuck.

Let’s take power from the Welsh people (voted for in two referendums #Brexit) and leave them with less than people in London and Manchester.

If we remove our national parliament we should also remove all other national institutions, starting with national sporting teams.

We are either a country or a county. Your call you sniveling rat

obviously news to you but we had a welsh football / rugby team long before we had that assembly down the bay.

i fully understand you and the anti welsh loons not wanting another referendum though...

If I remember correctly only around 50% bothered to vote when the question of a Welsh Assembly came up, and those in favour won by around 6,000 votes. I didn't bother myself, as like many others, I never believed that the "in favour of" campaign had the slightest chance of winning. I wouldn't be surprised that should another vote be held now, that would be the end of the Assembly. I can't say that I have noticed any fantastic changes since the Welsh Assembly came into being, and looking at the quality of our AM's, that should not be too surprising. If you were able to dissect the skull of every AM, I doubt if you would be able to put together one complete brain between them.

Assembly was voted in by some people living in Cardiff it was neck and neck until last votes from cdf were counted it's those votes that made the difference between victory and defeat for assembly. :o

Yes, Wasn't it around half a million in favour and much the same against apart from a handful of votes? Too many people like me around who didn't bother because we thought it would never get off the ground. I suppose I can't moan about it too much, it's only here because of the likes of me who couldn't be bothered to get off my arse and put a tick on the ballot paper.

If remember rightly it was extremely close to close to call and Cardiff area was last to vote and those votes got it passed it was in low thousands the victory margin! Not sure if people would vote for wag again if given choice. :shock:

You obviously don't remember it as well as you think as Cardiff voted AGAINST the Assembly. :thumbright:

Stand corrected it was carmarthen that swung the vote well was last area to reveal their votes.. carmarthen voted yes with 13k majority so no surprise there? but overall yes vote was around 6750 votes.... :thumbup:

Re: OT - Completley shocking move by Welsh Assembly

Mon Jan 27, 2020 1:12 am

It was Carmarthen that tipped the balance right at the last minute. I will never forgive them.

In theory there is nothing wrong with having a Welsh Government but the problem is the morons that get voted into power. I fear that the people who continually vote for the ruling partied down The Bay may just be misguided enough to vote for Welsh independence.

Mon Jan 27, 2020 1:36 am

pembroke allan wrote:
moonboots wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
Steve Zodiak wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
Steve Zodiak wrote:
dogfound wrote:
tcblue wrote:

Let’s take power from the Welsh people (voted for in two referendums #Brexit) and leave them with less than people in London and Manchester.

If we remove our national parliament we should also remove all other national institutions, starting with national sporting teams.

obviously news to you but we had a welsh football / rugby team long before we had that assembly down the bay.

i fully understand you and the anti welsh loons not wanting another referendum though...

If I remember correctly only around 50% bothered to vote when the question of a Welsh Assembly came up, and those in favour won by around 6,000 votes. I didn't bother myself, as like many others, I never believed that the "in favour of" campaign had the slightest chance of winning. I wouldn't be surprised that should another vote be held now, that would be the end of the Assembly. I can't say that I have noticed any fantastic changes since the Welsh Assembly came into being, and looking at the quality of our AM's, that should not be too surprising. If you were able to dissect the skull of every AM, I doubt if you would be able to put together one complete brain between them.

Assembly was voted in by some people living in Cardiff it was neck and neck until last votes from cdf were counted it's those votes that made the difference between victory and defeat for assembly. :o

Yes, Wasn't it around half a million in favour and much the same against apart from a handful of votes? Too many people like me around who didn't bother because we thought it would never get off the ground. I suppose I can't moan about it too much, it's only here because of the likes of me who couldn't be bothered to get off my arse and put a tick on the ballot paper.

If remember rightly it was extremely close to close to call and Cardiff area was last to vote and those votes got it passed it was in low thousands the victory margin! Not sure if people would vote for wag again if given choice. :shock:

You obviously don't remember it as well as you think as Cardiff voted AGAINST the Assembly. :thumbright:

Stand corrected it was carmarthen that swung the vote well was last area to reveal their votes.. carmarthen voted yes with 13k majority so no surprise there? but overall yes vote was around 6750 votes.... :thumbup:

I stayed up to watch , and it was a surprise , well at least to Ron Davies and his cronies who had all but thrown the towel in and were actually leaving where ever it was they had gathered with faces liked smacked arses.. opinion polls had suggested Carmarthen would be close...turned out the biggest majority by numbers of the night { was 23k not 13k and had the majority been even as high as 19,997 which would still have been the biggest of the night ..no would have won } ... ive never believed it. the Blair government were desperate for a yes and had thrown their full weight behind it..

Mon Jan 27, 2020 9:45 pm

tcblue wrote:

Er, ok... county.

Tue Jan 28, 2020 12:15 am

dogfound wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
moonboots wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
Steve Zodiak wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
Steve Zodiak wrote:
dogfound wrote:
tcblue wrote:

I stayed up to watch , and it was a surprise , well at least to Ron Davies and his cronies who had all but thrown the towel in and were actually leaving where ever it was they had gathered with faces liked smacked arses.. opinion polls had suggested Carmarthen would be close...turned out the biggest majority by numbers of the night { was 23k not 13k and had the majority been even as high as 19,997 which would still have been the biggest of the night ..no would have won } ... ive never believed it. the Blair government were desperate for a yes and had thrown their full weight behind it..

Was a typo error meant 23k.... 49k for 26k against :o