thomasblue wrote:
Nuclearblue wrote:
thomasblue wrote:
Nuclearblue wrote:
Chippy82 wrote:
bluesince62 wrote:
BluebirdWhitchurch wrote:
thomasblue wrote:
Llan_Blue wrote:I hope the club do everything it can to stick up for the fans.

People can call our fans lots of things but we definitely aren’t racist.

I dont think any clubs fans in the English leagues can be regarded as racist as a whole. Every club has dickheads in the stands and we are no different.
Whilst we are certainly not known for having racial tendencies as a set of fans it wouldnt suprise me if someone had a bit to much too drink and said something stupid.

Hopefully it was a misheard chant but if it was a racial slur then they should be banned for a long time.

If it's about the anti-english / anti-welsh songs then there are a lot of banning orders on the way to a lot of fans because it happens with thousands of people every weekend

If one of our own fans had come out with a racial slur I have no doubt those near him would make him instantly regret it

Well in all honesty,if it was a racist slur I would hope that would be the case,as the team he supports (if true at all mind!) Is full of players from different ethnic backgrounds.so would be strange,if not downright stupid? :old: :bluebird:

Well 4 been arrested no way would been for chanting obv comments been made

For singing the same sings as we all sing every game. Pathetic that’s all I can say about it mate

You dont know what was said. Just because you didnt here it doesnt mean it didnt happen. Nobody as far as I can see knows the exact words used by the 4 guys arrested.

I find it hard to believe it is over anti English songs

Not unless one of the Dads were lying. They have been released no charges but it was for the England chants

To be fair no dad is going to want to say his son was arrested for racist remarks. He is more likely to try and find the cheap way out saying it was anti english not racist

No he just wouldn’t say anything just keep his gob shut

Re: Updated: ‘ Racist chanting at Reading ‘

Sun Jan 26, 2020 8:47 pm

OK for those that are, there could of been racist abuse !! well I was there yesterday and no there wasn’t 100%. Who of these lads aiming there racist abuse at then ? The Reading fans ? They were if I remember rightly by the fence 99% white and for your liberals amongst us white Privileged males. FFS I know you would love there to be racist abuse so you can get on your all white ,ales are racist soapbox but three was nothing to see or hear at the game yesterday I’m so sorry to disappoint you :bluebird: :bluescarf:

Sun Jan 26, 2020 11:35 pm

Nuclearblue wrote:OK for those that are, there could of been racist abuse !! well I was there yesterday and no there wasn’t 100%. Who of these lads aiming there racist abuse at then ? The Reading fans ? They were if I remember rightly by the fence 99% white and for your liberals amongst us white Privileged males. FFS I know you would love there to be racist abuse so you can get on your all white ,ales are racist soapbox but three was nothing to see or hear at the game yesterday I’m so sorry to disappoint you :bluebird: :bluescarf:

thing is . all this over sensitivity and paranoia ,running around reporting anyone for anything which then brings on an OTT { better to be seen doing the correct thing } reaction waters down actual racism.. within the last few weeks we have seen the Spurs incident and 2 announcements at Reading . no arrests and no evidence of any wrong doing.. we are all shocked about yesterday but if it continues there will come a time when it just becomes the norm and a general consensus that its just another beaut over reacting..

Mon Jan 27, 2020 12:04 am

Right so have to say this! I am in my early 30s now and have been going down the city since I was about 9 down Ninian Park. My grandad first took my down, my dad was Asian and I’m mixed race, never thought this was important but feel the need to say some things now. I have NEVER felt anything other than welcome down the city and i go home and away. Me and my mates go as often as we can and I have never seen us chant anything remotely racist and we was there yesterday and I am certain that nothing racist was chanted. Me and the boys went down as we often do and other than the standard anti English songs NOTHING was remotely racist in any way. Let’s make reading tell us specifically what was chanted as I bet they won’t. I have lived in Cardiff my whole life and can genuinely count on one hand the amount of racism I’ve ever had in my 33 years.

Mon Jan 27, 2020 12:47 am

warnocksbarmyarmy wrote:Right so have to say this! I am in my early 30s now and have been going down the city since I was about 9 down Ninian Park. My grandad first took my down, my dad was Asian and I’m mixed race, never thought this was important but feel the need to say some things now. I have NEVER felt anything other than welcome down the city and i go home and away. Me and my mates go as often as we can and I have never seen us chant anything remotely racist and we was there yesterday and I am certain that nothing racist was chanted. Me and the boys went down as we often do and other than the standard anti English songs NOTHING was remotely racist in any way. Let’s make reading tell us specifically what was chanted as I bet they won’t. I have lived in Cardiff my whole life and can genuinely count on one hand the amount of racism I’ve ever had in my 33 years.

that's very much how I have always viewed our club and our fans mate.
thanks for coming on here and sharing your experiences.. :thumbup:

Mon Jan 27, 2020 12:16 pm

warnocksbarmyarmy wrote:Right so have to say this! I am in my early 30s now and have been going down the city since I was about 9 down Ninian Park. My grandad first took my down, my dad was Asian and I’m mixed race, never thought this was important but feel the need to say some things now. I have NEVER felt anything other than welcome down the city and i go home and away. Me and my mates go as often as we can and I have never seen us chant anything remotely racist and we was there yesterday and I am certain that nothing racist was chanted. Me and the boys went down as we often do and other than the standard anti English songs NOTHING was remotely racist in any way. Let’s make reading tell us specifically what was chanted as I bet they won’t. I have lived in Cardiff my whole life and can genuinely count on one hand the amount of racism I’ve ever had in my 33 years.

I am glad to hear that, thanks for posting, I have never heard anything either and was hoping this was the case, and that it was a mix up! :thumbup:

Mon Jan 27, 2020 5:26 pm

Llan_Blue wrote:So it’s looking just as I thought it would.

Unlike some (mods) I was pretty confident my fellow supporters aren’t racist pieces of shit.

Would you like to expand on that, fella? :?

Having re-read the whole thread, I know it wasn't me and other Mods are now wondering WTF you are on about, too! :roll:

Over to you, Big Dave Boi ;)

Mon Jan 27, 2020 5:42 pm

Sven wrote:

Unlike some (mods) I was pretty confident my fellow supporters aren’t racist pieces of shit.

Having re-read the whole thread, I know it wasn't me and other Mods are now wondering WTF you are on about, too! :roll:

I haven't noticed any mods suggesting our fans are racist. As far as I can see, they are posting the tweets etc of those people doing the accusing, but are certainly not agreeing with anything that these people are accusing us of.

Mon Jan 27, 2020 6:22 pm

Post of the week to you sir,well done for acting on the need to speak your peace,why not send that to reading fc to read :( and all the rag newspapers too.I admire you for saying as you feel. :notworthy: :old: :bluebird:

Mon Jan 27, 2020 7:01 pm

Steve Zodiak wrote:
Sven wrote:

I haven't noticed any mods suggesting our fans are racist. As far as I can see, they are posting the tweets etc of those people doing the accusing, but are certainly not agreeing with anything that these people are accusing us of.

Steve, it simply hasn't happened ;)

We're just intrigued as to what he will say :thumbright:

We Mods/Admins are ALL of the opinion that this club's supporters are far from being racist and (possibly) have the best record of any in the country when it comes to that particular genre :clap:

Tue Jan 28, 2020 12:50 am

bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:Updated

The likes of The Sun newspaper should now be forced to rewrite their headline where it called the goings on in the away end as ‘vile’.
Trigger happy reporting as always when the ‘R’ word is involved.

Agree,but add to the fact it's cardiff city,and bang!it's headline news,before the outcome of the "arrests" :banghead: this will just be swept under the carpet, by the relevant authorities, and the FA. And the media will not apologise,neither will reading fc.it's f@cking disgusting, the treatment of us as fans, and the club :evil: :old: :bluebird: