Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Dave Jones - Give Him Some backing

Wed Aug 25, 2010 10:59 am

Dave Jones deserves so much more credit. As said earlier most teams would have crumbled after the play off final and with all our money worries off the pitch he could of walked away.

Like him or hate him Jones has bulit a great team (not squad yet). Know other manager would of chased Craig bells and created a exiciting team to watch with so little backing.

Jones has renewed our hope and re-lit the cardiff city fans passion for the season. I feel people need to drop there negative ego's towards Jones and give him some loyal support - just like he has given the club over the last few years.

Without him we would of been another Derby, Cov, Watford mid table no hope's for the last few seasons.

Some may not agree??................................... :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: Dave Jones - Give Him Some backing

Wed Aug 25, 2010 11:03 am

CFS wrote:Dave Jones deserves so much more credit. As said earlier most teams would have crumbled after the play off final and with all our money worries off the pitch he could of walked away.

Like him or hate him Jones has bulit a great team (not squad yet). Know other manager would of chased Craig bells and created a exiciting team to watch with so little backing.

Jones has renewed our hope and re-lit the cardiff city fans passion for the season. I feel people need to drop there negative ego's towards Jones and give him some loyal support - just like he has given the club over the last few years.

Without him we would of been another Derby, Cov, Watford mid table no hope's for the last few seasons.

i agree with you just let him do his job, we got prob best team we ever had, lets sit back enjoy it :) :ayatollah:

Wed Aug 25, 2010 11:04 am

I was in the undecided camp over Jones until the January transfer window. But the way he was let down and lied to, my opinion of him changed overnight. The way both he and the players were galvanised in the 2nd half of the season was nothing short of miraculous and deserve all the credit they can get.

He still has his faults, but, for me now, his qualities far outweigh them

Wed Aug 25, 2010 11:23 am

Nottage Blue wrote:I was in the undecided camp over Jones until the January transfer window. But the way he was let down and lied to, my opinion of him changed overnight. The way both he and the players were galvanised in the 2nd half of the season was nothing short of miraculous and deserve all the credit they can get.

He still has his faults, but, for me now, his qualities far outweigh them

Got to be honest, since the "Great Capitulation" at the end of the season before last, I was firmly in the "Jones Out" camp and argued my position consistently on the "Other Place."
Over the Summer, when it became clear that DJ was going to be at Cardiff for another season, I thought at the time that he might be getting the resources to mount a serious automatic challenge - as time passed, Ledley chipped off and nothing else happened I thought I had misread what was happening.
I thought DJ was brilliant on Sky Sports News the day the Craig Bellamy story broke, when he handled the interviewer confidently and reminded everybody who was watching that he had a career prior to Cardiff City - my estimation of the guy leapt up; it was almost as if DJ had the belief that finally he had the resources to get promoted and seven points from three games is a pretty good start for beaten play off finalists from the previous season.
Now all DJ has to do is fix the defence, and unless last night's defeat was the start of a trademark DJ run of losses, I'm now out of the "Jones Out" camp.

Wed Aug 25, 2010 11:39 am

CFS wrote:Dave Jones deserves so much more credit. As said earlier most teams would have crumbled after the play off final and with all our money worries off the pitch he could of walked away.

I agree that DJ has done a good job at Cardiff City but IMO there is no bigger ego at our club than DJ's himself. Having watched his pre match interview on Monday I couldn't believe it when he spent over 10 minutes spouting nonsense about the local media and "People" in this part of the world.

It is a fact of life that football managers receive criticism from fans, the media, club chairman and sometimes players. It goes with the job, part and parcel, IMO DJ would do well to take a good look at himself every now and again and not just have a go at everyone else when things go wrong. His post match interview last night is a classic example it was everyone else to blame except himself.

He picked the team, he choose the tactics, he decided to leave Ross & Gavin out of the team at the last moment even though they are still Cardiff players. IMO his reasons for this was that he didn't want Ross playing well and scoring last night having made the decision he can leave the club.

As a club we needed to win that game last night because we need the additional revenue another game would supply, would we have won the Carling Cup this season no but we could have earned a great deal of money if we had gone further. Who will DJ blame should we miss a future tax payment because of cashflow problems and have another transfer embargo placed on us. Believe me with his ego it will not be himself!

I have watched the Bluebirds for 40 years and no manager has been given the support that DJ has, this season in particular, and if he fails to deliver again then it is not unreasonable for people to question him and his future at the club.

Having said that as fans we should concentrate on affecting what we can affect and that is support the team. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Aug 25, 2010 11:49 am

castleblue wrote:

I agree that DJ has done a good job at Cardiff City but IMO there is no bigger ego at our club than DJ's himself. Having watched his pre match interview on Monday I couldn't believe it when he spent over 10 minutes spouting nonsense about the local media and "People" in this part of the world.

It is a fact of life that football managers receive criticism from fans, the media, club chairman and sometimes players. It goes with the job, part and parcel, IMO DJ would do well to take a good look at himself every now and again and not just have a go at everyone else when things go wrong. His post match interview last night is a classic example it was everyone else to blame except himself.

He picked the team, he choose the tactics, he decided to leave Ross & Gavin out of the team at the last moment even though they are still Cardiff players. IMO his reasons for this was that he didn't want Ross playing well and scoring last night having made the decision he can leave the club.

As a club we needed to win that game last night because we need the additional revenue another game would supply, would we have won the Carling Cup this season no but we could have earned a great deal of money if we had gone further. Who will DJ blame should we miss a future tax payment because of cashflow problems and have another transfer embargo placed on us. Believe me with his ego it will not be himself!

I have watched the Bluebirds for 40 years and no manager has been given the support that DJ has, this season in particular, and if he fails to deliver again then it is not unreasonable for people to question him and his future at the club.

Having said that as fans we should concentrate on affecting what we can affect and that is support the team. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thats ridiculous mate. Leeds and Cardiff agreed a fee. Jones is under instructions to cut the wage bill
before signing new players. It would have been madness to play Ross last night. Had he broken a leg or
done himself some damage we'd have been stuck with a crock. If he'd scored a goal against Peterboro
it wouldnt have suddenly made him worth so much more to the club?

Wed Aug 25, 2010 11:52 am

castleblue wrote:

I agree with that. Maybe sooner depending on results in the Championship, but for now, let's see what unfolds. You are right about one thing, 99% of fans can either support the team, or not support the team - that's all they can affect.

Wed Aug 25, 2010 11:58 am

castleblue wrote:he decided to leave Ross & Gavin out of the team at the last moment even though they are still Cardiff players. IMO his reasons for this was that he didn't want Ross playing well and scoring last night having made the decision he can leave the club.

Or it could have been that, if the 2 of them played last night, they would have been cup tied and that would have reduced their value to potential buyers, in this case Leeds. And, having agreed a fee with Leeds, it was probably agreed between the 2 clubs that the players concerned would nopt play last night

Wed Aug 25, 2010 12:52 pm

Both Ross & Gavin were changed and going out to warm up before being sent back to the changing room, IMO it is inconceiveable given that the club had posted on it's own website, 9 hours earlier that a fee had been agreed with Leeds, that there was suddenly an agreement in place not to cup tie them.

Both were already cup tied after playing in the previous round against Burton Albion, believe me this decision was made by our manager. If both didn't realise before last night that they had no future at the club then they do now both Ross and Gavin can now be added to the list of players driven out of the club by DJ.

Look no one can argue that if they had been injured during the game then that would have had an affect on the proposed transfer, but that situation was a reality the moment the club agreed a fee with Leeds. How on earth were they both allowed to change for the pre match warm up before being recalled.

They must have been told they were in the match squad as was the kit man who had obviously put all their match kit out ready for them.

Look I am not saying sack DJ all I am saying is he needs to look at himself he is far from perfect. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Aug 25, 2010 4:09 pm

I got DJ's Back :old:

Wed Aug 25, 2010 8:16 pm

How any fan can slate DJ is beyond me that man has done wonders with this club over the last 5 and a half seasons! hes worked on a shoestring budget with little or no options but to play boring tactics due to lack of serious competition for places in the squad over the last 5 years!!! Ross and gavin rae don;t have a future at the club not because of jones but because we now have a suqad with far better players than we did last year, would rae get a game with drinkwater and olifinjana and koumas who can all play his position??? ANSWER NOOOOOO!!!!
mcphail will now struggle to get games... Mccormack and DJ clearly fell out last year partly to do with ross's obvious dislike for miachael chopra getting all the headlines upon his city return, ross clearly thought he was the biggest player at the club but when a goalscorer and fans favourite like chopra returns ross was always going to be second best, he has put on weight FACT and various sources suggest he has more interest in drinking than training so we paid £100k for him take the £600k move on and get someone in who clearly isn;t going to runi harmony in squad...... i think ross is very talented no doubts but DJ doesn;t just drop players for no reason something has gone n in background and it started when chops came back!!
the only difference for DJ now is that the expectation is now higher at the club and he will recieve fans stabbing him in the back for a poor result and as for carling cup revenue what a f*cking JOKE! ever wondered why arsenal, chelsea , man united don;t give 2 fucks about it??? arsenal play a worse squad than they do now andd they aint won f**k all for 7 seasons!! its only £100k to the winner and don;t say what about ticket sales, what the measely 5000 fans that actually turn up, costs nearly that many tickets for stewards and policing and staff all around the ground hardly worth it plus away team gets cut of ticket sales!! ANSWER POINTLESS!!! focus on the league thats our goal and DJ no's that so lets get off his back wer are only 3 games into season and we are on 7 points i'd have taken that 3 weeks ago say cut the guy some slack he is probably the best CCFC manager in our history so far!!! who else on the market is better than him now?? plus he gets the best from players? whitts, bothroyd( now a fantastic player hasn't settled anywhere in his career to date and says himself he feels at home here!!! chops is playin football again DJ all the way whoever doesn;t support the manager may as well not support the boys either!!!