Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: ‘ The Jacks Today / Great Britain ‘

Sun Jan 12, 2020 5:02 pm

welshcasual wrote:
103 Barmy Army wrote:
welshcasual wrote:
103 Barmy Army wrote:I was quite happy with my “England, England give us a song” chant taking off in the Canton after witnessing the UJ. :lol:

Thought the Jacks were the loudest away fans to visit this season prior to kick off, the first 5 minutes and after the game had ended. The remainder, they were generally quiet, but credit where credit is due for their behaviour during the minutes applause. :thumbright:

Good vocal support from the Canton Stand today, however the Ninian Park days of all four stands singing are a long distant memory.

It is a British flag not an English one.

Genuine question. As someone who for personal reasons has the utmost respect for the UJ (despite it having zero representation of Wales), why do Swansea choose it over a Welsh flag?

“Swansea” don’t as such. There are a few supporters that are proud to be British and have a couple of flags.

You will see more Welsh flags than anything else at Swansea home games.

You didn't answer his question. They are at Swansea games only in wales and not cardiff games. So why at swansea?

Sun Jan 12, 2020 5:03 pm

Bambasbestbuddy22 wrote:
welshcasual wrote:
Bambasbestbuddy22 wrote:
He didn't say it was an English flag. We chanted england england give us a song as a response to the union jack being as the welsh are not represented on it.

We could have chanted scotland or northern Ireland but england has the biggest effect. You really are a 1st class tool

The explanation makes as little sense as the song itself then.

Cheers :laughing6:

Got you there didn't i ha ha ha

No. It made no sense, that isn’t “getting” me.

Again, it is a British flag not an English one. The fact Wales aren’t represented on there is irrelevant, it’s still a British flag and not an English one.

Sun Jan 12, 2020 5:04 pm

welshcasual wrote:
Bluebird1990 wrote:
ccfcninian wrote:
Felixstowe_jack wrote:You would never think there were 26000 home fans at legoland today no support at all and 5000 empty seats.

It is now over six years since Cardiff scored against Swansea.

Head to head this century

Swansea won 5
3 draws
Cardiff won 3

Have a look at the stats on the overall meetings you thick fucker, Cardiff have more wins overall and still had better support than you scruffy shite, now f**k off back to that shithole of a town you came from

Its not his fault, he thinks football only started when Swansea were in the Prem

Not that much different are they? The record since English football records began...

68 meetings

28 wins Swansea
18 draws
22 wins Cardiff

108 meetings

Cardiff: 44
Draw: 27
Swansea: 36

Sun Jan 12, 2020 5:04 pm

Bambasbestbuddy22 wrote:

You didn't answer his question. They are at Swansea games only in wales and not cardiff games. So why at swansea?

If you didn’t think I answered his question then I can only urge you to read it again. This time slowly.

Sun Jan 12, 2020 5:06 pm

ccfcninian wrote:
108 meetings

The 68 meetings are in the English football system. The one we play in.

Sun Jan 12, 2020 5:08 pm

Bambasbestbuddy22 wrote:

There you go again promoting your success. You dont go to games any more and probably haven't for a good few years so go back to paying large amounts of money to get the football on your tv and assume that money is going into your club and I will continue to follow my team home and on the road and put real money into my amazing club.

Beach bench armchair. Thai micro meal. Lemongrass and black bean covered sticky keyboard. 100% right again

I’m not promoting anything other than facts.

Yes I do go to games, you assumed wrong. Yes I have been for “a good few years” again you assumed wrong. I don’t play large amounts of money to get the football on my TV and I don’t assume the money goes to the club, again you assumed wrong.

As I said... Nearly :laughing6:

Sun Jan 12, 2020 5:09 pm

welshcasual wrote:
Bambasbestbuddy22 wrote:
welshcasual wrote:
Bambasbestbuddy22 wrote:
He didn't say it was an English flag. We chanted england england give us a song as a response to the union jack being as the welsh are not represented on it.

We could have chanted scotland or northern Ireland but england has the biggest effect. You really are a 1st class tool

Again, it is a British flag not an English one. The fact Wales aren’t represented on there is irrelevant, it’s still a British flag and not an English one.

So.....I had you there then

Sun Jan 12, 2020 5:11 pm

Bambasbestbuddy22 wrote:
welshcasual wrote:
Bambasbestbuddy22 wrote:
welshcasual wrote:
Bambasbestbuddy22 wrote:

“Had me” where?

If you mean you said something silly that I called out as being nonsense, then yes well done. :laughing6:

Sun Jan 12, 2020 5:11 pm

welshcasual wrote:
Bambasbestbuddy22 wrote:

If you didn’t think I answered his question then I can only urge you to read it again. This time slowly.

No. I urge YOU to read it again as you haven't fully understood his question. No run along back and read it again....oh as long as it isn't stopping you attending your Thai meal

Sun Jan 12, 2020 5:13 pm

welshcasual wrote:
Bambasbestbuddy22 wrote:
welshcasual wrote:
Bambasbestbuddy22 wrote:
welshcasual wrote:
Bambasbestbuddy22 wrote:

“Had me” where?

If you mean you said something silly that I called out as being nonsense, then yes well done. :laughing6:

Credit where it's due. At least you own up when you are wrong

Sun Jan 12, 2020 5:14 pm

Bambasbestbuddy22 wrote:
welshcasual wrote:
Bambasbestbuddy22 wrote:

No. I urge YOU to read it again as you haven't fully understood his question. No run along back and read it again....oh as long as it isn't stopping you attending your Thai meal

He asked me why Swansea use the Union Jack, I answered him. Maybe you mean I didn’t give the answer you wanted? Doesn’t work like that.

If you stopped being so frustrated and jealous you may be able to follow a conversation :laughing6:

Sun Jan 12, 2020 5:14 pm

welshcasual wrote:
ccfcninian wrote:
108 meetings

Nice job twisting it to suit your narrative, its the games that matter not what system they were played in you sad f**k :lol:
Last edited by Bluebird1990 on Sun Jan 12, 2020 5:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sun Jan 12, 2020 5:15 pm

Bambasbestbuddy22 wrote:
welshcasual wrote:
Bambasbestbuddy22 wrote:
welshcasual wrote:
Bambasbestbuddy22 wrote:
welshcasual wrote:
Bambasbestbuddy22 wrote:

“Had me” where?

I certainly do, can’t remember the last time I was though. :thumbup:

Sun Jan 12, 2020 5:16 pm

Why do people keep ruining threads by replying to this ladyboy loving bin dipper?

Sun Jan 12, 2020 5:17 pm

welshcasual wrote:
Bambasbestbuddy22 wrote:
welshcasual wrote:
Bambasbestbuddy22 wrote:

He asked me why Swansea use the Union Jack, I answered him. Maybe you mean I didn’t give the answer you wanted? Doesn’t work like that.

If you stopped being so frustrated and jealous you may be able to follow a conversation :laughing6:

And still not going to answer his question?

Sun Jan 12, 2020 5:17 pm

Bluebird1990 wrote:
welshcasual wrote:
ccfcninian wrote:
108 meetings

Nice job twisting it to suit your narrative you sad f**k :lol:

No narrative laddie. Just sensible criteria as used by most:-

https://www.11v11.com/teams/swansea-cit ... ff%20City/

68 meetings

28 Swansea wins
18 draws
22 Cardiff wins

If you want to claim FAW Premier cup wins over our reserve sides then be my guest. :laughing6:

Sun Jan 12, 2020 5:18 pm

welshcasual wrote:
Bambasbestbuddy22 wrote:
welshcasual wrote:
Bambasbestbuddy22 wrote:
welshcasual wrote:
Bambasbestbuddy22 wrote:
welshcasual wrote:
Bambasbestbuddy22 wrote:

“Had me” where?

I certainly do, can’t remember the last time I was though. :thumbup:

Let me help you there....you admitted you were wrong around 5 minutes ago...give or take the time messages take to travel from canton to the gold coast

Sun Jan 12, 2020 5:20 pm

Bambasbestbuddy22 wrote:
Let me help you there....you admitted you were wrong around 5 minutes ago...give or take the time messages take to travel from canton to the gold coast

Where? I think your imagination is playing tricks on you again.

Remember what I said about being able to follow a conversation? :roll: :lol:

Sun Jan 12, 2020 5:22 pm

welshcasual wrote:
Bambasbestbuddy22 wrote:

Well I can see now how not to follow a conversation as you are showing me. Brilliant!! Daft and a jack....who would've thought those go together so well

Sun Jan 12, 2020 5:23 pm

Bambasbestbuddy22 wrote:
welshcasual wrote:
Bambasbestbuddy22 wrote:

Well I can see now how not to follow a conversation as you are showing me. Brilliant!! Daft and a jack....who would've thought those go together so well

Ah so you have now realised that no such event occurred.

We are getting somewhere. Good boy :laughing6:

Sun Jan 12, 2020 5:25 pm

welshcasual wrote:
Bambasbestbuddy22 wrote:
welshcasual wrote:
Bambasbestbuddy22 wrote:

Ah so you have now realised that no such event occurred.

We are getting somewhere. Good boy :laughing6:

Yes we are. You know how to admit you are wrong and follow a conversation. All this while enjoying your Thai meal. Brilliant

Sun Jan 12, 2020 5:25 pm

The reason Swansea could be heard louder on Television is down to what microphones the Producer of the Broadcast decided to use. Due to Cardiff’s version of Hymns And Arias being slightly raw the producer chose the away mics for the majority of the live television and radio broadcast.
Thats how it works.

In the ground though the jacks were very quiet.
Ive heard louder.

Sun Jan 12, 2020 5:27 pm

Orgz wrote:The reason Swansea could be heard louder on Television is down to what microphones the Producer of the Broadcast decided to use. Due to Cardiff’s version of Hymns And Arias being slightly raw the producer chose the away mics for the majority of the live television and radio broadcast.
Thats how it works.

Ive heard louder.

Well said. There we go Roathie. That puts another sock in that chopsy gob of yours

Sun Jan 12, 2020 5:27 pm

Bambasbestbuddy22 wrote:
Yes we are. You know how to admit you are wrong and follow a conversation. All this while enjoying your Thai meal. Brilliant

Admit I am wrong? Where? And about what?

I think you have relapsed. :laughing6:

Sun Jan 12, 2020 5:31 pm

Orgz wrote:The reason Swansea could be heard louder on Television is down to what microphones the Producer of the Broadcast decided to use. Due to Cardiff’s version of Hymns And Arias being slightly raw the producer chose the away mics for the majority of the live television and radio broadcast.
Thats how it works.

Ive heard louder.

I’m not sure that’s a good enough excuse and not one that makes much sense. Microphone decisions aren’t based on words to a song that you copied. We have “raw” songs as well, so that explanation doesn’t really stack up.

Considering there was 25,000 odd home fans you would expect that to be picked up on a high quality sound microphone. In fact it did when the Cardiff fans did muster the odd chant, which leaves the simple fact that the away fans were far more noticeable.

Sun Jan 12, 2020 5:32 pm

welshcasual wrote:
Bambasbestbuddy22 wrote:

Ooooh. Somebody appears to be biting!!! We are all wrong on occasion. You have taken the first steps by admitting it but you have to learn to bite your tongue now and let it go. And you could answer that guys question while you are at it

Sun Jan 12, 2020 5:32 pm

Bambasbestbuddy22 wrote:
Thats how it works.

Ive heard louder.

Well said. There we go Roathie. That puts another sock in that chopsy gob of yours

Now now, stop getting emotional. That can’t be any good for your already “fragile” mood shall we say. :roll:

Sun Jan 12, 2020 5:34 pm

welshcasual wrote:
Thats how it works.

Ive heard louder.

I’m not sure that’s a good enough excuse and not one that makes much sense. Microphone decisions aren’t based on words to a song that you copied. We have “raw” songs as well, so that explanation doesn’t really stack up.

Considering there was 25,000 odd home fans you would expect that to be picked up on a high quality sound microphone. In fact it did when the Cardiff fans did muster the odd chant, which leaves the simple fact that the away fans were far more noticeable.

Here we go again manipulating a thread to suit yourself. Orgz was bang on. You are wrong.

I thought you were making progress earlier admitting you were wrong but this is a big backward step

Sun Jan 12, 2020 5:34 pm

Bambasbestbuddy22 wrote:
welshcasual wrote:
Bambasbestbuddy22 wrote:

Ooooh. Somebody appears to be biting!!! We are all wrong on occasion. You have taken the first steps by admitting it but you have to learn to bite your tongue now and let it go. And you could answer that guys question while you are at it

Biting? It’s a conversation isn’t it? Am I not supposed to reply when someone is imagining parts of conversations to enquire where they are?

As I said, read the thread back slowly. You will see the answer explained perfectly and you will also hopefully become a lot less confused as to why chanting England at a British flag makes very little sense :thumbup:

Sun Jan 12, 2020 5:35 pm

welshcasual wrote:
Bambasbestbuddy22 wrote:
welshcasual wrote:
Bambasbestbuddy22 wrote:

Biting? It’s a conversation isn’t it? Am I not supposed to reply when someone is imagining parts of conversations to enquire where they are?

As I said, read the thread back slowly. You will see the answer explained perfectly and you will also hopefully become a lot less confused as to why chanting England at a British flag makes very little sense :thumbup:

Hmmmmmm. Once I caught a little fishy springs to mind