Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: ‘ The Jacks Today / Great Britain ‘

Mon Jan 13, 2020 5:44 pm

Steve Zodiak wrote:
Bluedodo wrote:The site below describes itself as "the premier information site for Swansea City football club"

In its head to heads it includes Welsh cup, Sherpa etc etc

I trust this is enough to silence roathie on the matter now or will he again now argue that fans of his own club are also wrong.

What is it roathie surely both Cardiff and Swansea fans can't be wrong?? Or do you really still believe your way of doing the head to head is correct.
https://www.scfc2.co.uk/cardiff-city-v- ... tatistics/

A few results there that I don't like. In my opinion they are a bit irrelevant and therefore should not be taken into consideration. Not necessary to deal with the facts, it's my opinion that counts and so I think I will pick and choose which matches are relevant to me. ;)

It’s not about “not liking”, it’s about relevance.

If you wish to show why you think certain matches are irrelevant and show respected sources that back up that view then I would say you are entitled to that opinion.

However I don’t think there will be any reputable site that would pick and choose matches on a match by match basis. It would either be in the English football pyramid or in it and outside it.

You are of the opinion that it’s all relevant. I echo other football sites and feel only the English pyramid is relevant. But as I have told you before, if it makes you feel better to want to count these other local cup competitions then feel free. I haven’t once told you not to.

Mon Jan 13, 2020 5:49 pm

welshcasual wrote:
Bluedodo wrote:Ha ha again its in front of you and you can't help yourself, fans of your club put out a clear head to head.

Stop saying others... That site is on first page of Google searches for head to head.

Im done here ive laughed at you too much today.

You are done because you know I am right.

Why do I have to stop saying others? Because it takes your argument away? That site is on the first page of google because it is the most popular h2h database on the internet... and it only counts the English pyramid matches.

You keep pretending to laugh, I’ll keep knocking em down :thumbup: :wave:

Your obsession with this club and forum is bizarre. 420 posts in 3 weeks! Get a life you sad prick.

Mon Jan 13, 2020 5:53 pm

Escott1927 wrote:
welshcasual wrote:
Bluedodo wrote:Ha ha again its in front of you and you can't help yourself, fans of your club put out a clear head to head.

Stop saying others... That site is on first page of Google searches for head to head.

Why do I have to stop saying others? Because it takes your argument away? That site is on the first page of google because it is the most popular h2h database on the internet... and it only counts the English pyramid matches.

Your obsession with this club and forum is bizarre. 420 posts in 3 weeks! Get a life you sad prick.

Which club? Swansea? I’ve had that since I was 8, not leaving me any time soon, sorry.

Yeah about 15 posts a day I reckon, lots of fan mail and interest I’m afraid. That’s what comes with being a draw on here. :wave:

Mon Jan 13, 2020 5:57 pm

welshcasual wrote:
Steve Zodiak wrote:
Bluedodo wrote:The site below describes itself as "the premier information site for Swansea City football club"

I trust this is enough to silence roathie on the matter now or will he again now argue that fans of his own club are also wrong.

What is it roathie surely both Cardiff and Swansea fans can't be wrong?? Or do you really still believe your way of doing the head to head is correct.

A few results there that I don't like. In my opinion they are a bit irrelevant and therefore should not be taken into consideration. Not necessary to deal with the facts, it's my opinion that counts and so I think I will pick and choose which matches are relevant to me. ;)

If you wish to show why you think certain matches are irrelevant and show respected sources that back up that view then I would say you are entitled to that opinion.

However I don’t think there will be any reputable site that would pick and choose matches on a match by match basis. It would either be in the English football pyramid or in it and outside it.

You are of the opinion that it’s all relevant. I echo other football sites and feel only the English pyramid is relevant. But as I have told you before, if it makes you feel better to want to count these other local cup competitions then feel free. I haven’t once told you not to.

Respected sources like scfc2? or even Wikipedia for example. There are plenty of respected sources that consider the Welsh Cup to be a legitimate competition. I presume EUFA are a respected source, they accept the Welsh Cup winners into Europe and I assume they keep full records as to how these teams qualified.They obviously place a certain amount of importance in it . Then again, these sources deal with facts and thankfully not your opinions. Perhaps they will read this forum and realise that it is your opinion that counts and put a stop to the Welsh Cup winners participating in their future competitions, or even recommend the Welsh FA scraps this cup because Roathy finds it irrelevant.

Mon Jan 13, 2020 6:04 pm

Steve Zodiak wrote:
welshcasual wrote:
Steve Zodiak wrote:

Respected sources like scfc2? or even Wikipedia for example. There are plenty of respected sources that consider the Welsh Cup to be a legitimate competition. I presume EUFA are a respected source, they accept the Welsh Cup winners into Europe and I assume they keep full records as to how these teams qualified.They obviously place a certain amount of importance in it . Then again, these sources deal with facts and thankfully not your opinions. Perhaps they will read this forum and realise that it is your opinion that counts and put a stop to the Welsh Cup winners participating in their future competitions, or even recommend the Welsh FA scraps this cup because Roathy finds it irrelevant.

You didn’t read my post correctly, I said:-

“If you wish to show why you think certain matches are irrelevant and show respected sources that back up that view then I would say you are entitled to that opinion. However I don’t think there will be any reputable site that would pick and choose matches on a match by match basis. It would either be in the English football pyramid or in it and outside it.”

This was in response to you saying you find some of the results irrelevant because you dislike the result or something along those lines. My point was that what I disregard as irrelevant is echoed by respected sites, so if you wish to select matches to discard due to irrelevance then as long as there is a respected site that also echoes that view and you can explain why then no doubt it will be a valid opinion.

What you have done is shown two sites (one a third rate swans site and Wikipedia) that have taken them all into consideration. Which I said is an option if you feel you need to count local competitions. I however go along with the other sources and only regard the ones in the English pyramid worthy of counting.

You are more than welcome to count them all, just don’t expect others to follow suit that’s all.

Mon Jan 13, 2020 6:13 pm

Steve Zodiak wrote:
welshcasual wrote:
Steve Zodiak wrote:

Ahhh get it now Steve he is only counting games in English pyramid system! All the other games we played Swansea are not recorded by him? Only welsh FA, UEFA recognise welsh cup winners but not the games played in it? We shall just have to take his word for it that matches outside pyramid system doesn't count as competitive games because he knows best. :o

Mon Jan 13, 2020 6:16 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
Steve Zodiak wrote:
welshcasual wrote:
Steve Zodiak wrote:

Ahhh get it now Steve he is only counting games in English pyramid system! All the other games we played Swansea are not recorded by him? Only welsh FA, UEFA recognise welsh cup winners but not the games played in it? We shall just have to take his word for it that matches outside pyramid system doesn't count as competitive games because he knows best. :o

I didn’t say they aren’t valid competitions, I didn’t say people didn’t record them and I didn’t say they weren’t competitive games. I said they were irrelevant, which is why I and others only count the matches within the English pyramid on competitions you can qualify for through it.

You are arguing against argument nobody has made. But I guess that’s easier than arguing against word perfect sense. :laughing6:

Mon Jan 13, 2020 6:17 pm

... plus you seem to forget you are pretending to have me on ignore :laughing6:

Mon Jan 13, 2020 6:23 pm

welshcasual wrote:
Escott1927 wrote:
welshcasual wrote:

Which club? Swansea? I’ve had that since I was 8, not leaving me any time soon, sorry.

Yeah about 15 posts a day I reckon, lots of fan mail and interest I’m afraid. That’s what comes with being a draw on here. :wave:

I’m not sure what is more pathetic. The fact that you spend so much time on a cardiff city forum or the fact that you’re proud of it...

Mon Jan 13, 2020 6:23 pm

Escott1927 wrote:
welshcasual wrote:
Escott1927 wrote:
welshcasual wrote:

I’m not sure what is more pathetic. The fact that you spend so much time on a cardiff city forum or the fact that you’re proud of it...

... Or the fact you can’t stand it :laughing6:

Mon Jan 13, 2020 6:33 pm

welshcasual wrote:
Escott1927 wrote:
welshcasual wrote:
Escott1927 wrote:
welshcasual wrote:

Don’t flatter yourself. It’s odd behaviour. Very sad.

Mon Jan 13, 2020 6:43 pm

I don’t count fixtures that occurred outside of the traditional time kick off for the relevant period. In need the modern day, that’s anything outside of Saturday at 3pm. Does anyone have the stats?

I’m taking my European flag to the next Cardiff game as well. Go team!

Mon Jan 13, 2020 6:48 pm

103 Barmy Army wrote:I don’t count fixtures that occurred outside of the traditional time kick off for the relevant period. In need the modern day, that’s anything outside of Saturday at 3pm. Does anyone have the stats?

I’m taking my European flag to the next Cardiff game as well. Go team!

If you can find reputable stat based football sites that echo your views then I would be willing to listen to the reasoning, until that time I will dismiss it.

You can take whatever flag you like to a football match, if that’s what you identify with then go for your life :thumbup:

Mon Jan 13, 2020 6:49 pm

Escott1927 wrote:
welshcasual wrote:
Escott1927 wrote:
welshcasual wrote:
Escott1927 wrote:
welshcasual wrote:

Don’t flatter yourself. It’s odd behaviour. Very sad.

I’m not flattered, it was an observation.

Id like to know what % of your posts are to, or about me. Must be abnormally high... :laughing6:

Mon Jan 13, 2020 7:27 pm

Welshcasual Just let it go dude, you lost and you're making a bigger tit of yourself with every post, it's beyond cringey now and you're really embarrassing yourself

Mon Jan 13, 2020 7:33 pm

As soon as I saw the thread, I knew it would include the self-made successful entrepreneur spouting his views. What I will say, is that this time he's not including full facts and being subjective to suit an agenda, very unlike his self proclaimed stance on debate and dare I say it, he's wrong/incorrect...That's all I need to say.

Mon Jan 13, 2020 7:48 pm

Ive emailed every English club thats won the welsh cup and told them to wipe it from their history.

As its not in their pyramid its irrelevant.

Mon Jan 13, 2020 11:05 pm

Bluebird1990 wrote:Welshcasual Just let it go dude, you lost and you're making a bigger tit of yourself with every post, it's beyond cringey now and you're really embarrassing yourself

What have I lost? Apart from the will to live after expressing the same view about 39 times :laughing6:

Mon Jan 13, 2020 11:06 pm

Bluedodo wrote:Ive emailed every English club thats won the welsh cup and told them to wipe it from their history.

That’s a silly email. Nobody has suggested to wipe it from their history, what is being suggested is that it is irrelevant.

Mon Jan 13, 2020 11:09 pm

Bluebird_87 wrote:As soon as I saw the thread, I knew it would include the self-made successful entrepreneur spouting his views. What I will say, is that this time he's not including full facts and being subjective to suit an agenda, very unlike his self proclaimed stance on debate and dare I say it, he's wrong/incorrect...That's all I need to say.

Another that used to pretend I’m a troll and has clearly now admitted I use full facts. It’s amazing what comes out when one has an opinion instead of fact based statements isn’t it, suddenly “usually I’m fantastic” etc etc etc

There is nothing wrong or incorrect about what I have said. I, like others find flashes outside the English football tier irrelevant. It’s as simple as that, there is no “wrong”, you may disagree of course, but there is no “wrong”. :thumbup:

Mon Jan 13, 2020 11:28 pm

9 pages I'm impressed :occasion5:

welsh .png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Tue Jan 14, 2020 12:35 am

Fusilier52 wrote:9 pages I'm impressed :occasion5:

welsh .png

:laughing6: I’m sure there are several more left in it of the same question being asked, same answer being given... only for that answer to then be changed to something nobody said, they argue against that made up stand point... only for me to then answer and explain again... then that answer gets changed... only for... you get the picture :lol:

Tue Jan 14, 2020 1:31 am

i just f*cking hate the cunts. always have, always will :bluescarf: :ayatollah: :bluescarf:

Tue Jan 14, 2020 7:08 am

welshcasual wrote:
Bluedodo wrote:Ive emailed every English club thats won the welsh cup and told them to wipe it from their history.

That’s a silly email. Nobody has suggested to wipe it from their history, what is being suggested is that it is irrelevant.

The cup wins are irrelevant according to YOU so just wipe it, it was nothing.

Doesn't it show just how daft your claim is and how youve manipulated stats to suit your end game.

In fact i dont know why im typing this youve been told kd enough times.

Tue Jan 14, 2020 8:59 am

plymouthbloobirds wrote:i just f*cking hate the cunts. always have, always will :bluescarf: :ayatollah: :bluescarf:

I find it strange that someone so young can hate a person whom he’s never met .May I suggest you live a little ,explore the world, gain more of life’s experiences and I bet you’ll discover there’s more to hate than a follower of a football Club :thumbup:

Tue Jan 14, 2020 9:17 am

Bluedodo wrote:
welshcasual wrote:

Doesn't it show just how daft your claim is and how youve manipulated stats to suit your end game.

Irrelevant in the eyes of Roathy, but facts suggest not in the eyes of many other Jacks. The last time Swansea and Cardiff met in a Welsh Cup final was in the same season that Swansea came 6th in the top flight. A quick check on attendances show that the cup final leg played at the Vetch attracted a bigger gate than seven of their top flight league matches that season, and was comparable with many other of their home league games. In fact, the gate was almost 16k, a good crowd in anyone's eyes at the old ground. Swansea won the cup that season and played two teams in Europe the following season including Paris Saint Germain. For the record, both home legs attracted far lower attendances than the "irrelevant" Welsh Cup Final a few months earlier.

Tue Jan 14, 2020 9:38 am

All this proves is that Sharon can't do exactly what he expects from us.

He promotes debate, but only on his terms.

Tue Jan 14, 2020 9:40 am

Steve Zodiak wrote:
Bluedodo wrote:
welshcasual wrote:

Irrelevant in the eyes of Roathy, but facts suggest not in the eyes of many other Jacks. The last time Swansea and Cardiff met in a Welsh Cup final was in the same season that Swansea came 6th in the top flight. A quick check on attendances show that the cup final leg played at the Vetch attracted a bigger gate than seven of their top flight league matches that season, and was comparable with many other of their home league games. In fact, the gate was almost 16k, a good crowd in anyone's eyes at the old ground. Swansea won the cup that season and played two teams in Europe the following season including Paris Saint Germain. For the record, both home legs attracted far lower attendances than the "irrelevant" Welsh Cup Final a few months earlier.

Fantastic research. But you'll get the usual 'read my post' 'i didn't say that' nonsense from him.

Tue Jan 14, 2020 10:46 am

Bluedodo wrote:
welshcasual wrote:

Being irrelevant and making them disappear are two different things. I am fully aware we have played other times, but I and others only count the English system because we feel the rest are irrelevant. I am unsure why you find this so hard to accept.

Tue Jan 14, 2020 10:48 am

jimmy_rat wrote:All this proves is that Sharon can't do exactly what he expects from us.

He promotes debate, but only on his terms.

What do you mean?

Surely the opposite is true, I am the one completely tolerant of the views on this thread. I have said several times that if people feel the need to count these Welsh cups and FAW Premier cups then they are more than welcome to. But I along with others don’t see it that way.

How is that on my terms? :roll: