Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: ‘ The Jacks Today / Great Britain ‘

Mon Jan 13, 2020 4:13 pm

Steve Zodiak wrote:That clarifies matters then. The Welsh Cup with it's access to Europe is an irrelevance in your eyes. And yet you quote Swansea's European progress in the past with some pride, despite the fact that without winning the Welsh Cup, Swansea would never have had the opportunity to participate in the European Cup. I would imagine that if Cardiff and Swansea were still participating in the Welsh Cup with a European place being the reward, you would in all probability be the only supporter of a Welsh club who would deem the competition to be irrelevant.

European Cups aren’t an irrelevance because we can qualify for them via the English system we play in. We got there by winning the League Cup.

If we were still playing in the Welsh Cup I may have a different view, but we aren’t and arguably shouldn’t have been.. so I don’t. Which is why I, others and most historical football sites don’t count such competitions and instead look at the relevant clashes in the English pyramid. Not sure why you are getting so worked up, I already said you can count them if you feel you need to.

Mon Jan 13, 2020 4:17 pm

welshcasual wrote:
Steve Zodiak wrote:That clarifies matters then. The Welsh Cup with it's access to Europe is an irrelevance in your eyes. And yet you quote Swansea's European progress in the past with some pride, despite the fact that without winning the Welsh Cup, Swansea would never have had the opportunity to participate in the European Cup. I would imagine that if Cardiff and Swansea were still participating in the Welsh Cup with a European place being the reward, you would in all probability be the only supporter of a Welsh club who would deem the competition to be irrelevant.

European Cups aren’t an irrelevance because we can qualify for them via the English system we play in. We got there by winning the League Cup.

If we were still playing in the Welsh Cup I may have a different view, but we don’t... so I don’t. Which is why I, others and most historical football sites don’t count such competitions and instead look at the relevant clashes in the English pyramid. Not sure why you are getting so worked up, I already said you can count them if you feel you need to.

Don't need to count them. Takes 10 seconds to Google Wikipedia. The full history is there for all to see. If you want to pretend a lot of those games never took place, that's fine with me. If you prefer just select the games you won, get a 100% win ratio for yourself then.

Mon Jan 13, 2020 4:34 pm

Steve Zodiak wrote:
welshcasual wrote:

If we were still playing in the Welsh Cup I may have a different view, but we don’t... so I don’t. Which is why I, others and most historical football sites don’t count such competitions and instead look at the relevant clashes in the English pyramid. Not sure why you are getting so worked up, I already said you can count them if you feel you need to.

Don't need to count them. Takes 10 seconds to Google Wikipedia. The full history is there for all to see. If you want to pretend a lot of those games never took place, that's fine with me. If you prefer just select the games you won, get a 100% win ratio for yourself then.

Im not pretending they didn’t take place, I’m making the point they are irrelevant to me, others and a lot of historical data football sites. I’m also not taking all the ones we won, I like others, are taking the relevance of the English football system historical data.

Mon Jan 13, 2020 4:47 pm

Steve Zodiak wrote:
welshcasual wrote:

The Battle of Hastings is fairly irrelevant to me. It still forms a part of history, and nothing anyone says will change that or remove it from the historical records. Doesn't matter what is irrelevant to an individual, you cannot change history. The facts speak for themselves. As much as you may not like it, all our matches are documented, and you can pick and choose their relevance all you like, the FACTS are that we have played 109 competitive games. Whether you like those competitions is of no importance, they happened - FACT.

Mon Jan 13, 2020 4:52 pm

Only roathie couod look at a head to head and pick and choose which games are relevant and which are irrelevant.

He never fails to make me laugh the crackpot.

Mon Jan 13, 2020 4:53 pm

Bluedodo wrote:Only roathie couod look at a head to head and pick and choose which games are relevant and which are irrelevant.

Only me... and most other historical football sites.

Close.

Mon Jan 13, 2020 4:57 pm

Steve Zodiak wrote:
The Battle of Hastings is fairly irrelevant to me. It still forms a part of history, and nothing anyone says will change that or remove it from the historical records. Doesn't matter what is irrelevant to an individual, you cannot change history. The facts speak for themselves. As much as you may not like it, all our matches are documented, and you can pick and choose their relevance all you like, the FACTS are that we have played 109 competitive games. Whether you like those competitions is of no importance, they happened - FACT.

The Battle of Hastings was a battle between two very current counties in the same political climate, the only thing that has changed is the weapons. Nobody is saying we are changing history, it is being said that some results are of an irrelevance, which is why I, others and most other historical football data sites only consider clashes in the English football system. It isn’t about whether I like the competitions, it isn’t about whether they happened, it’s about the relevance of them. Can’t be any more clear than that.

Mon Jan 13, 2020 4:57 pm

Bluedodo wrote:Only roathie couod look at a head to head and pick and choose which games are relevant and which are irrelevant.

He's lost this argument but he doesnt know it or can't see it.. :lol:

Mon Jan 13, 2020 5:00 pm

pembroke allan wrote:

He's lost this argument but he doesnt know it... :lol:

That’s what all the desperate people say. I’m more than happy to continue repeating the same things over and over again, echoing the football sites people regularly look upon for H2H records.

If that’s losing the argument and saying it helps you sleep at night then go for your life. It doesn’t change the fact that these sites only list English competitions though, for the reasons I have stayed. :thumbup:

Mon Jan 13, 2020 5:00 pm

To be honest he has surprised me this time. He normally quotes factual information which is hard to argue against. This time he is giving an opinion as to which competitions he deems to be relevant. Whether or not I agree with him as to the relevance of these various competitions is not important. I have simply quoted facts which cannot be argued against (unless you are Roathy). It is not even up for debate really, the two clubs have met 109 times over the years. This is not my opinion, these matches were played and the results are readily available for anyone who might be interested. Not sure why anyone would dispute proven factual information. Then again, hard to know what goes through his mind.

Mon Jan 13, 2020 5:02 pm

welshcasual wrote:

Close.

Just you..... Your picking snd choosing.... Crack on.... Me I'll take the full head to head between both clubs.

Picking and choosing ha ha I'm still laughing.

Mon Jan 13, 2020 5:03 pm

Steve Zodiak wrote:

To be honest he has surprised me this time. He normally quotes factual information which is hard to argue against. This time he is giving an opinion as to which competitions he deems to be relevant. Whether or not I agree with him as to the relevance of these various competitions is not important. I have simply quoted facts which cannot be argued against (unless you are Roathy). It is not even up for debate really, the two clubs have met 109 times over the years. This is not my opinion, these matches were played and the results are readily available for anyone who might be interested. Not sure why anyone would dispute proven factual information. Then again, hard to know what goes through his mind.

Like I said steve hes lost the argument everyone can see that even swans fans but strangely he doesnt! :old:

Mon Jan 13, 2020 5:04 pm

Steve Zodiak wrote:

So you have gone from me being a wind up merchant and a troll... to me normally making sound and factual points that are hard to argue with? Something tells me you have been telling fibs all this time then?

Again, nobody is denying they took place, the relevance of them is being questioned. I along with others don’t put any importance on them which is why they don’t count them. You may well do and are welcome to count them if you like. Not sure what you are arguing about to be honest.

Mon Jan 13, 2020 5:04 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
Steve Zodiak wrote:

Like I said steve hes lost the argument everyone can see that even swans fans but strangely he doesnt! :old:

Planet swans are deeply embarrassed.

Mon Jan 13, 2020 5:06 pm

Bluedodo wrote:
welshcasual wrote:

Close.

Just you..... Your picking snd choosing.... Crack on.... Me I'll take the full head to head between both clubs.

Picking and choosing ha ha I'm still laughing.

https://www.11v11.com/teams/swansea-cit ... ff%20City/

Ta :thumbright:

Bluedodo wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
Steve Zodiak wrote:

Planet swans are deeply embarrassed.

Planetswans :laughing6:

welshcasual wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:

That’s what all the desperate people say. I’m more than happy to continue repeating the same things over and over again, echoing the football sites people regularly look upon for H2H records.

If that’s losing the argument and saying it helps you sleep at night then go for your life. It doesn’t change the fact that these sites only list English competitions though, for the reasons I have stayed. :thumbup:

I think you will find a lot of people (rightly or wrongly) use Wikipedia as a point of reference. Others will use official books relating to club history. I can assure you Wikipedia while not being a favourite of mine, is spot on with the historical fixtures between our clubs, up to and including yesterday's game. However, if you disagree with factual information, there is nothing anyone can do to correct you. Facts are facts in the eyes of most people, you are obviously the exception.

welshcasual wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:

I think you will find a lot of people (rightly or wrongly) use Wikipedia as a point of reference. Others will use official books relating to club history. I can assure you Wikipedia while not being a favourite of mine, is spot on with the historical fixtures between our clubs, up to and including yesterday's game. However, if you disagree with factual information, there is nothing anyone can do to correct you. Facts are facts in the eyes of most people, you are obviously the exception.

Mon Jan 13, 2020 5:09 pm

Steve Zodiak wrote:
welshcasual wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:

If someone was going to look up a h2h between two clubs then they would use the google search engine that houses databases designed to carry this information. I can’t think of any single person that would go on wikipedia for such information, unless they were looking for obscure extra information that databases have deemed irrelevant.

I don’t know why you keep implying I am denying they took place. I am questioning the relevance. Not sure I can keep repeating that.

Mon Jan 13, 2020 5:14 pm

pembroke allan wrote:

He knows he has lost the argument Allan, so does everyone else. Unfortunately, he is one of these people who can never be wrong and so twists things to suit his agenda. He is still in denial about the fact we have played each other 109 times, even though it is well documented and cannot be argued against. If he were to agree to us playing each other 109 times, he would then have to agree with how many each side won.

Mon Jan 13, 2020 5:18 pm

Steve Zodiak wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:

He knows he has lost the argument Allan, so does everyone else. Unfortunately, he is one of these people who can never be wrong and so twists things to suit his agenda. He is still in denial about the fact we have played each other 109 times, even though it is well documented and cannot be argued against. If he were to agree to us playing each other 109 times, he would then have to agree with how many each side won.

Probably argue game wasnt won in 90mins in the welsh cup so not relevant.. :laughing6:

Mon Jan 13, 2020 5:23 pm

welshcasual wrote:
Steve Zodiak wrote:
welshcasual wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:

If someone was going to look up a h2h between two clubs then they would use the google search engine that houses databases designed to carry this information. I can’t think of any single person that would go on wikipedia for such information, unless they were looking for obscure extra information that databases have deemed irrelevant.

I don’t know why you keep implying I am denying they took place. I am questioning the relevance. Not sure I can keep repeating that.

So you acknowledge the fact that the two sides have played each other 109 times. In that case I assume you will also accept that Cardiff have won more of those fixtures than Swansea. Whatever your opinion of relevance is, these are the facts, not opinions. I think we finally be making some progress. Now you have admitted these fixtures took place, it should be easy for someone of your intelligence to carry out a quick check as to how many of these fixtures Swansea won. Wasn't difficult was it? We all post things that are subsequently proven wrong, just a matter of you admitting it. No more from me, no point in me repeating facts and you repeating opinions.

Mon Jan 13, 2020 5:24 pm

Felixstowe_jack wrote:You would never think there were 26000 home fans at legoland today no support at all and 5000 empty seats.

It is now over six years since Cardiff scored against Swansea.

Head to head this century

Swansea won 5
3 draws
Cardiff won 3

Actually there was 28/000 there but think of it you’re not a big draw to us anymore but we still pulled in more than you oh I forgot you’re only got a small ground which you have rented off the council since the Liberty was built legoland is ours and we own our own ground you was going to build a new stand but I forgot you didn’t because you couldn’t fill it

Mon Jan 13, 2020 5:26 pm

The site below describes itself as "the premier information site for Swansea City football club"

In its head to heads it includes Welsh cup, Sherpa etc etc

I trust this is enough to silence roathie on the matter now or will he again now argue that fans of his own club are also wrong.

What is it roathie surely both Cardiff and Swansea fans can't be wrong?? Or do you really still believe your way of doing the head to head is correct.
https://www.scfc2.co.uk/cardiff-city-v- ... tatistics/

Mon Jan 13, 2020 5:30 pm

Steve Zodiak wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:

You sound like you are trying to convince yourself there Steve. I know no such thing of course because I clearly haven’t, which is why you are still frustratedly plugging away at the fact I do not agree with you and am able to tell you quite eloquently why not, which is also backed by historical sites.

You keep returning to an argument I have never made. I have never disputed how many times we have played, I am disputing the relevance of those played outside the English football pyramid.

Mon Jan 13, 2020 5:33 pm

Bluedodo wrote:The site below describes itself as "the premier information site for Swansea City football club"

I trust this is enough to silence roathie on the matter now or will he again now argue that fans of his own club are also wrong.

What is it roathie surely both Cardiff and Swansea fans can't be wrong?? Or do you really still believe your way of doing the head to head is correct.

Scfc2? :laughing6:

Again you are arguing against an argument I have never made. I didn’t say we haven’t played the amount of times Steve says like some kind of mantra. I am questioning the relevance of them, which is why I and others only find relevance in those played in the English football pyramid.

Mon Jan 13, 2020 5:36 pm

welshcasual wrote:
Bluedodo wrote:The site below describes itself as "the premier information site for Swansea City football club"

Scfc2? :laughing6:

Again you are arguing against an argument I have never made. I didn’t say we haven’t played the amount of times Steve says like some kind of mantra. I am questioning the relevance of them, which is why I and others only find relevance in those played in the English football pyramid.

Ha ha again its in front of you and you can't help yourself, fans of your club put out a clear head to head.

Stop saying others... That site is on first page of Google searches for head to head.

Im done here ive laughed at you too much today.

Mon Jan 13, 2020 5:36 pm

Steve Zodiak wrote:
So you acknowledge the fact that the two sides have played each other 109 times. In that case I assume you will also accept that Cardiff have won more of those fixtures than Swansea. Whatever your opinion of relevance is, these are the facts, not opinions. I think we finally be making some progress. Now you have admitted these fixtures took place, it should be easy for someone of your intelligence to carry out a quick check as to how many of these fixtures Swansea won. Wasn't difficult was it? We all post things that are subsequently proven wrong, just a matter of you admitting it. No more from me, no point in me repeating facts and you repeating opinions.

I haven’t looked into it. I haven’t confirmed or denied as it isn’t something I know. The only relevant information I know is how many we have played in the English football pyramid and what that record is.

Why do you mean now I have admitted they took place? Can you point out where I denied that? I said I question the relevance of them, which is why I, others and most other football data sites don’t count them.

What do you mean “we all post things that are subsequently proven wrong”? Can you tell me what I have said that has been proven wrong?

Mon Jan 13, 2020 5:39 pm

Bluedodo wrote:Ha ha again its in front of you and you can't help yourself, fans of your club put out a clear head to head.

Stop saying others... That site is on first page of Google searches for head to head.

Im done here ive laughed at you too much today.

You are done because you know I am right.

Why do I have to stop saying others? Because it takes your argument away? That site is on the first page of google because it is the most popular h2h database on the internet... and it only counts the English pyramid matches.

You keep pretending to laugh, I’ll keep knocking em down :thumbup: :wave:

Mon Jan 13, 2020 5:40 pm

A few results there that I don't like. In my opinion they are a bit irrelevant and therefore should not be taken into consideration. Not necessary to deal with the facts, it's my opinion that counts and so I think I will pick and choose which matches are relevant to me. ;)