Mon Jan 13, 2020 1:01 pm

Steve Zodiak wrote:
welshcasual wrote:
Steve Zodiak wrote:
welshcasual wrote:
Steve Zodiak wrote:
welshcasual wrote:
Steve Zodiak wrote:
I would class the Welsh Cup as far more relevant than some of the other Mickey Mouse cups I mentioned previously. Winning those cups was not a means of qualifying for Europe. You have mentioned European games yourself when describing some of Swansea's recent and historical successes, and one of my biggest nights was watching Real Madrid at NP. Without winning the Welsh Cup, none of us would have those great European nights to remember. The fact we can no longer play in the competition is irrelevant, we no longer play in the Sherpa Vans Trophy, a) because it no longer exists and b) because we are unable to due to our league positions. Nevertheless, those results will always stand, the matches cannot be removed from the history books.Neither team will ever play in the European Cup Winners Cup again, but that is no reason to discard the results which will stand forever in the history of both clubs. It is not an opinion but fact that the two clubs have met 109 times in competitive matches. Even if you remove those FAW Premier Cup games (which will still remain in the football history books forever) Cardiff still have the better record.

That's all well and good but that's a personal choice.

It is not my personal choice that Cardiff and Swansea have met 109 times in all competitions. I can't choose how many times they have played one another, That is factual information, something you normally choose to deal in.

Most sites will show h2h in English football which is the system we play in. All those competitions listed are in or were in the system we play in.

It is your choice as to what you deem as relevant.

These sites in the main also don't deem it relevant hence why they don't count them.

Neither Cardiff nor Swansea will ever compete in the European Cup Winners Cup again. Does that mean that our past results in that competition can now be ignored meaning that Cardiff never actually reached the semi-final against Hamburg, or the quarter final against Real Madrid. My final comment on the subject is to ask you a question (answer can be found in places such as Cardiff's records, probably Swansea's records although I have not looked, and Wikipedia ). How many times have Cardiff and Swansea met in competitive matches? Not looking for an opinion or an answer based on selected competitions, looking for factual information on the actual number of recognised competitive matches that have taken place. Not looking for what you or I deem relevant. Simply looking for undeniable facts, and I think we both know the answer whichever slant you may decide to put on things. Once again, in ALL officially recognised competitions, how many times have Cardiff and Swansea competed against each other?

The Cup winners cup was a competition that absorbed into the UEFA Cup or the Europa League as it is now known, of which you can still play in. We did after we won the cup.

So in the English system which we play in and competitions that can be reached via this system, be that defunct absorbed or still going is 68 times. The record stands at:-

28 wins Swansea
18 draws
22 wins Cardiff

https://www.11v11.com/teams/swansea-cit ... ff%20City/

Think you mis-read my question. I asked the fairly straightforward question of how many times have the two sides met in all officially recognised competitions? Here is a bit of copying and pasting (something I usually tend not to do):-

Results summary
From 109 competitive games:
Cardiff City 44 Wins
Swansea City 36 Wins
28 Draws
Last Result
Cardiff City
Swansea City

12 January 2019
EFL Championship,
Cardiff City Stadium, Cardiff, Wales
Attendance: 28,528

I don’t know, I haven’t taken any notice of things I find irrelevant.

I told you how many times we have played in English competition and the record.

If you want to claim FAW Premier cups and the like then go for it, I’m not stopping you. But I along with most of the other historical based sites will go with what is relevant, and that is English competition or competitions you could or can qualify for within it.

The record stands at:-

28 wins Swansea
18 draws
22 wins Cardiff

Re: ‘ The Jacks Today / Great Britain ‘

Mon Jan 13, 2020 1:08 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
Steve Zodiak wrote:
welshcasual wrote:
Steve Zodiak wrote:
welshcasual wrote:
Steve Zodiak wrote:
welshcasual wrote:
Steve Zodiak wrote:
I would class the Welsh Cup as far more relevant than some of the other Mickey Mouse cups I mentioned previously. Winning those cups was not a means of qualifying for Europe. You have mentioned European games yourself when describing some of Swansea's recent and historical successes, and one of my biggest nights was watching Real Madrid at NP. Without winning the Welsh Cup, none of us would have those great European nights to remember. The fact we can no longer play in the competition is irrelevant, we no longer play in the Sherpa Vans Trophy, a) because it no longer exists and b) because we are unable to due to our league positions. Nevertheless, those results will always stand, the matches cannot be removed from the history books.Neither team will ever play in the European Cup Winners Cup again, but that is no reason to discard the results which will stand forever in the history of both clubs. It is not an opinion but fact that the two clubs have met 109 times in competitive matches. Even if you remove those FAW Premier Cup games (which will still remain in the football history books forever) Cardiff still have the better record.

It is not my personal choice that Cardiff and Swansea have met 109 times in all competitions. I can't choose how many times they have played one another, That is factual information, something you normally choose to deal in.

Most sites will show h2h in English football which is the system we play in. All those competitions listed are in or were in the system we play in.

These sites in the main also don't deem it relevant hence why they don't count them.

Neither Cardiff nor Swansea will ever compete in the European Cup Winners Cup again. Does that mean that our past results in that competition can now be ignored meaning that Cardiff never actually reached the semi-final against Hamburg, or the quarter final against Real Madrid. My final comment on the subject is to ask you a question (answer can be found in places such as Cardiff's records, probably Swansea's records although I have not looked, and Wikipedia ). How many times have Cardiff and Swansea met in competitive matches? Not looking for an opinion or an answer based on selected competitions, looking for factual information on the actual number of recognised competitive matches that have taken place. Not looking for what you or I deem relevant. Simply looking for undeniable facts, and I think we both know the answer whichever slant you may decide to put on things. Once again, in ALL officially recognised competitions, how many times have Cardiff and Swansea competed against each other?

The Cup winners cup was a competition that absorbed into the UEFA Cup or the Europa League as it is now known, of which you can still play in. We did after we won the cup.

So in the English system which we play in and competitions that can be reached via this system, be that defunct absorbed or still going is 68 times. The record stands at:-

28 wins Swansea
18 draws
22 wins Cardiff

Think you mis-read my question. I asked the fairly straightforward question of how many times have the two sides met in all officially recognised competitions? Here is a bit of copying and pasting (something I usually tend not to do):-

Results summary
Cardiff City 44 Wins
Swansea City 36 Wins
28 Draws
Last Result
Cardiff City
Swansea City

12 January 2019
EFL Championship,

Didnt misread it he chose not to answer a simple question even I understood... instead done the usual roathy side step which hes expert at.... :mrgreen:

I had him on ignore for quite a while Allan, but thought perhaps he may have changed so that a sensible debate may be possible. Obviously I was wrong. I think he needs to contact the Welsh FA, Swansea City FC and Cardiff City FC to inform them that he has decided to re-write history and delete many of our competitive games from the record books. Glad he didn't do it many years back, we may never have got the chance to play the likes of Real Madrid. I doubt if there is anyone else who is going to pretend that these matches are irrelevant. The fans who attended these games certainly didn't. Anyway, no point in debating with someone who is not prepared to accept factual information, an argument he often uses when telling everyone they are wrong and he is right. Be interesting to see if he actually answers the question I asked regarding all competitive matches between the two sides. Probably not which is why future debate is pointless.

Mon Jan 13, 2020 1:15 pm

welshcasual wrote:
Steve Zodiak wrote:
welshcasual wrote:
Steve Zodiak wrote:
welshcasual wrote:
Steve Zodiak wrote:
welshcasual wrote:
Steve Zodiak wrote:

28 wins Swansea
18 draws
22 wins Cardiff

Results summary
Cardiff City 44 Wins
Swansea City 36 Wins
28 Draws
Last Result
Cardiff City
Swansea City

12 January 2019
EFL Championship,

I don’t know, I haven’t taken any notice of things I find irrelevant.

I told you how many times we have played in English competition and the record.

If you want to claim FAW Premier cups and the like then go for it, I’m not stopping you. But I along with most of the other historical based sites will go with what is relevant, and that is English competition or competitions you could or can qualify for within it.

The record stands at:-

28 wins Swansea
18 draws
22 wins Cardiff

There are plenty of things we all find irrelevant. That does not mean they did not take place. Like I said previously, even if you ignore the FAW Premier cup, that only knocks two wins off the overall Cardiff number of wins. Even you cannot discount the Welsh Cup. The rest of the football world deemed it relevant enough as a means of qualifying for a major European tournament.

Mon Jan 13, 2020 1:20 pm

I didn’t say they didn’t take place, I said that I and other people along with historical football sites find them irrelevant. In the English football system we have played 68 times.

You don’t have to find them irrelevant if you don’t want to. As I said, it’s up to you.

Mon Jan 13, 2020 1:20 pm

Steve Zodiak wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
Steve Zodiak wrote:
welshcasual wrote:
Steve Zodiak wrote:
welshcasual wrote:
Steve Zodiak wrote:
welshcasual wrote:
Steve Zodiak wrote:

28 wins Swansea
18 draws
22 wins Cardiff

Results summary
Cardiff City 44 Wins
Swansea City 36 Wins
28 Draws
Last Result
Cardiff City
Swansea City

12 January 2019
EFL Championship,

Didnt misread it he chose not to answer a simple question even I understood... instead done the usual roathy side step which hes expert at.... :mrgreen:

I had him on ignore for quite a while Allan, but thought perhaps he may have changed so that a sensible debate may be possible. Obviously I was wrong. I think he needs to contact the Welsh FA, Swansea City FC and Cardiff City FC to inform them that he has decided to re-write history and delete many of our competitive games from the record books. Glad he didn't do it many years back, we may never have got the chance to play the likes of Real Madrid. I doubt if there is anyone else who is going to pretend that these matches are irrelevant. The fans who attended these games certainly didn't. Anyway, no point in debating with someone who is not prepared to accept factual information, an argument he often uses when telling everyone they are wrong and he is right. Be interesting to see if he actually answers the question I asked regarding all competitive matches between the two sides. Probably not which is why future debate is pointless.

He won't answer your question, he'll just recycle the same garbage he's been spewing on this thread

Mon Jan 13, 2020 1:22 pm

Steve Zodiak wrote:

... says the bloke that was trying to make out that Sala was possibly being mocked en masse due to the Swansea fans doing the ‘swim away’. :lol: :shock:

One of, if not the, stupidest things I have read on here... and that is truly saying something :laughing6:

Mon Jan 13, 2020 1:27 pm

welshcasual wrote:
Steve Zodiak wrote:

... says the bloke that was trying to make out that Sala was possibly being mocked en masse due to the Swansea fans doing the ‘swim away’. :lol: :shock:

One of, if not the, stupidest things I have read on here... and that is truly saying something :laughing6:

Instead of changing the subject, try answering my original question. I guess it's hard for some people to admit they are wrong. You are making yourself look more stupid with each post, and I am not much better by being dull enough to be responding to you.

Mon Jan 13, 2020 1:29 pm

Steve Zodiak wrote:
welshcasual wrote:
Steve Zodiak wrote:

Instead of changing the subject, try answering my original question. I guess it's hard for some people to admit they are wrong. You are making yourself look more stupid with each post, and I am not much better by being dull enough to be responding to you.

So you are happy to talk about me. But when I talk about you then it’s off the table? You aren’t that thick surely?

What on earth am I wrong about? :roll:

I did answer you, what you mean is I didn’t give the answer you want.... right? :laughing6:

Mon Jan 13, 2020 1:32 pm

Re the thread headed Jack Swimming Actions and Roath's above comments. I do not find Sala's death to be something that should be used in arguments. Anyone (but this idiot) reading my comments in that thread will see quite clearly that I was siding with the Swansea fans and stated that this swim away gesture has been going on long before the Sala accident.

Mon Jan 13, 2020 1:34 pm

Steve Zodiak wrote:Re the thread headed Jack Swimming Actions and Roath's above comments. I do not find Sala's death to be something that should be used in arguments. Anyone (but this idiot) reading my comments in that thread will see quite clearly that I was siding with the Swansea fans and stated that this swim away gesture has been going on long before the Sala accident.

You said you “doubted” it was about Sala but you couldn’t be sure.

Stop backtracking.

Mon Jan 13, 2020 1:37 pm

welshcasual wrote:
Steve Zodiak wrote:
welshcasual wrote:
Steve Zodiak wrote:

So you are happy to talk about me. But when I talk about you then it’s off the table? You aren’t that thick surely?

I did answer you, what you mean is I didn’t give the answer you want.... right? :laughing6:

How many times have Cardiff and Swansea met in all competitions? Don't make yourself look stupid. The answer is easily found. Clue - ALL official competitions, leave out the FAW cup if it pleases you. Are you going to answer the question?

Mon Jan 13, 2020 1:41 pm

Steve Zodiak wrote:
welshcasual wrote:
Steve Zodiak wrote:
welshcasual wrote:
Steve Zodiak wrote:

How many times have Cardiff and Swansea met in all competitions? Don't make yourself look stupid. The answer is easily found. Clue - ALL official competitions, leave out the FAW cup if it pleases you. Are you going to answer the question?

Haven’t we been through this once? So you are now asking me to leave out certain competitions? Talk about contradictions.

I don’t know how many games we have played outside of English football, it’s irrelevant to me.

I know how many we have played in English football if that helps. 68. We won 28, drew 18 and Cardiff won 22.

Not sure how many more times I can answer that same question Steve.

Mon Jan 13, 2020 1:55 pm

welshcasual wrote:
Steve Zodiak wrote:
welshcasual wrote:
Steve Zodiak wrote:
welshcasual wrote:
Steve Zodiak wrote:

Haven’t we been through this once? So you are now asking me to leave out certain competitions? Talk about contradictions.

I don’t know how many games we have played outside of English football, it’s irrelevant to me.

I know how many we have played in English football if that helps. 68. We won 28, drew 18 and Cardiff won 22.

Not sure how many more times I can answer that same question Steve.

So you are not going to answer my simple question. I suppose when you are wrong it is easier to use diversionary tactics in an attempt to save face. Anyway, I will leave you to it, if you believe Cardiff and Swansea winning the Welsh Cup thus qualifying for a major European competition is irrelevant, then that is your perogative. I just hope you realise it is not me who has made you look utterly ridiculous with this argument, you have succeeded in doing that all by yourself without any help from me or anyone else. Have a nice day.

Mon Jan 13, 2020 2:00 pm

Steve Zodiak wrote:
So you are not going to answer my simple question. I suppose when you are wrong it is easier to use diversionary tactics in an attempt to save face. Anyway, I will leave you to it, if you believe Cardiff and Swansea winning the Welsh Cup thus qualifying for a major European competition is irrelevant, then that is your perogative. I just hope you realise it is not me who has made you look utterly ridiculous with this argument, you have succeeded in doing that all by yourself without any help from me or anyone else. Have a nice day.

What do you mean I am not going to answer it? I have about 3 times now.

What am I supposed to be wrong about exactly? People start claiming that when they are losing a debate, it’s old hat.

I along with others as well as the historical football sites count the competition we play in. The English football pyramid. If you want to count FAW Premier cups and all of that then nobody is stopping you, not sure what you are getting so worked up over?

I love the fact you are trying to tell someone about stupidity when you have just tried to link the swim away with the Sala incident. As I said, probably THE single stupidest thing ever to be typed in the history of this forum. Bar none. :? :shock:

Mon Jan 13, 2020 2:04 pm

Zodiak give it up.... Roathie the other day was argueing his own club were wrong about the loan deal.

Watch him start that up again now....

Hes using the "English pyramid" as it suits him, its frankly ridiculous to discount every competitive match between the 2 clubs and i can't see any jacks agreeing with him either.

But rest assured if all competitive matches swung it swanseas way he use them all.

Mon Jan 13, 2020 2:08 pm

Bluedodo wrote:Zodiak give it up.... Roathie the other day was argueing his own club were wrong about the loan deal.

Hes using the "English pyramid" as it suits him, its frankly ridiculous to discount every competitive match between the 2 clubs and i can't see any jacks agreeing with him either.

But rest assured if all competitive matches swung it swanseas way he use them all.

I didn’t say they were wrong, I said they were catering to their lowest common denominator. Meaning that many people who read it wouldn’t understand what a break clause was. He is guaranteed to be here until the end of the season at least so that is an easier piece to write. However should nobody exercise the break clause then the full 18 month contract will of course be fulfilled. It really isn’t difficult.

As for the rest of it, I can’t explain that any clearer either. Maybe complain to these guys too:-

Mon Jan 13, 2020 2:12 pm

welshcasual wrote:
Bluedodo wrote:Zodiak give it up.... Roathie the other day was argueing his own club were wrong about the loan deal.

I didn’t say they were wrong, I said they were catering to their lowest common denominator. Meaning that many people who read it wouldn’t understand what a break clause was. He is guaranteed to be here until the end of the season at least so that is an easier piece to write. However should nobody exercise the break clause then the full 18 month contract will of course be fulfilled. It really isn’t difficult.

As for the rest of it, I can’t explain that any clearer either. Maybe complain to these guys too:-

Who was talking to you?

Mon Jan 13, 2020 2:12 pm

Bluedodo wrote:
welshcasual wrote:

Who was talking to you?

When?

Mon Jan 13, 2020 2:22 pm

welshcasual wrote:

Are you going to answer the question? How many competitive games in all competitions have Cardiff and Swansea played. Just as well we have never met in the final of the European Cup. I guess would we could disregard the result as the match was not played in the English pyramid system. I suppose Liverpool should forget about their European wins, weren't played in England. The English FA recognises European competitions in the same way as the Welsh FA. The Welsh Cup is an official competition in the same way that the FA Cup is, except in the world of Roathy. Can't explain it any clearer, appears you are the only person who for some reason cannot grasp this. In an attempt to make things easier for you, do you recognise the Welsh Cup as sanctioned by the Welsh FA is an official tournament? If you do, why do you not accept that Welsh Cup matches between Cardiff and Swansea do not form part of the official records in the world of Roathy?

Mon Jan 13, 2020 2:28 pm

Steve Zodiak wrote:
welshcasual wrote:

Are you going to answer the question? How many competitive games in all competitions have Cardiff and Swansea played. Just as well we have never met in the final of the European Cup. I guess would we could disregard the result as the match was not played in the English pyramid system. I suppose Liverpool should forget about their European wins, weren't played in England. The English FA recognises European competitions in the same way as the Welsh FA. The Welsh Cup is an official competition in the same way that the FA Cup is, except in the world of Roathy. Can't explain it any clearer, appears you are the only person who for some reason cannot grasp this. In an attempt to make things easier for you, do you recognise the Welsh Cup as sanctioned by the Welsh FA is an official tournament? If you do, why do you not accept that Welsh Cup matches between Cardiff and Swansea do not form part of the official records in the world of Roathy?

You mean am I going to answer it.. again? Considering I have answered it three times already, I don’t particularly want to - but I will one more time, a fourth time.

I don’t know how many outside of English football we have played, it’s an irrelevance to me, others and many historical football sites - hence why I don’t know it. I do know how many we have played in the English system though, 68. Swansea have won 28, we have drawn 18 and Cardiff have won 22.

As I said, if it makes you feel better to include FAW Premier cups and the like then go for it, nobody will stop you or argue with you for doing so. But it won’t be relevant to many. Can’t be any clearer than that Steve.

Mon Jan 13, 2020 2:58 pm

welshcasual wrote:
Steve Zodiak wrote:
welshcasual wrote:

You mean am I going to answer it.. again? Considering I have answered it three times already, I don’t particularly want to - but I will one more time, a fourth time.

I don’t know how many outside of English football we have played, it’s an irrelevance to me, others and many historical football sites - hence why I don’t know it. I do know how many we have played in the English system though, 68. Swansea have won 28, we have drawn 18 and Cardiff have won 22.

As I said, if it makes you feel better to include FAW Premier cups and the like then go for it, nobody will stop you or argue with you for doing so. But it won’t be relevant to many. Can’t be any clearer than that Steve.

Didn't ask about the FAW Premier cups, a fairly trivial competition in most people's minds, a bit like the Sherpa Van's Trophy and a few others which you chose to include, possible because Swansea won in most cases. Do you recognise the Welsh Cup as an official football competition, and if so, why do you believe these results are irrelevant and should be scrapped from our records? Not a difficult question really, is the Welsh Cup as sanctioned by the Welsh FA an official football tournament? A simple yes or no will suffice.

Mon Jan 13, 2020 3:05 pm

Steve Zodiak wrote:
Didn't ask about the FAW Premier cups, a fairly trivial competition in most people's minds, a bit like the Sherpa Van's Trophy and a few others which you chose to include, possible because Swansea won in most cases. Do you recognise the Welsh Cup as an official football competition, and if so, why do you believe these results are irrelevant and should be scrapped from our records? Not a difficult question really, is the Welsh Cup as sanctioned by the Welsh FA an official football tournament? A simple yes or no will suffice.

So you also think some competitions are trivial now? The FAW Premier cup is an “official competition” too, it’s just one that holds no relevance to me, others and most historical football sites. Had we played in Europe against eachother then I would happily count that as it is a competition we can qualify for in the system we reside.

The Sherpa Vans trophy is just a sponsor, like the Coca Cola cup. It is the football league trophy that is still in existence today in the English system. :thumbup:

Mon Jan 13, 2020 3:10 pm

welshcasual wrote:
Steve Zodiak wrote:

So you also think some competitions are trivial now? The FAW Premier cup is an “official competition” too, it’s just one that holds no relevance to me, others and most historical football sites. Had we played in Europe against eachother then I would happily count that as it is a competition we can qualify for in the system we reside.

The Sherpa Vans trophy is just a sponsor, like the Coca Cola cup. It is the football league trophy that is still in existence today in the English system. :thumbup:

Do you recognise the Welsh Cup as sanctioned by the Welsh FA an official football competition. Yes or No will answer the question just fine. Not much point in you replying saying you have answered this question, we both know perfectly well you have not.

Mon Jan 13, 2020 3:13 pm

Steve Zodiak wrote:
welshcasual wrote:
Steve Zodiak wrote:

Do you recognise the Welsh Cup as sanctioned by the Welsh FA an official football competition. Yes or No will answer the question just fine. Not much point in you replying saying you have answered this question, we both know perfectly well you have not.

All competitions are official, even friendlies are official. My point isn’t one of official nature, my point is one of relevance.

Hence why I, others and most other historical based football sites only find relevance in the English system records, to discount such nonsense like the FAW sanctioned and offical FAW Premier Cup and such like which you described as “trivial”.

Mon Jan 13, 2020 3:28 pm

welshcasual wrote:
Steve Zodiak wrote:
welshcasual wrote:
Steve Zodiak wrote:

All competitions are official, even friendlies are official. My point isn’t one of official nature, my point is one of relevance.

Hence why I, others and most other historical based football sites only find relevance in the English system records, to discount such nonsense like the FAW sanctioned and offical FAW Premier Cup and such like which you described as “trivial”.

Do you think the Welsh Cup which gives the winners access to European competition is a relevant competition? Would you discount it as nonsense when Swansea won the competition which resulted in them playing in Europe? As an additional point, I would point out that your comparison of the Coca Cola Cup with the Sherpa Van Trophy is incorrect. The Coca Cola Cup was as you correctly say in effect the League Cup open to all 92 league sides, while the Sherpa Van Trophy was open only to clubs in Div 3 and Div 4. I would say the Coca Cola Cup was a far more prestigious cup than the Sherpa Van's Trophy or the Johnson Paint Trophy, the latter being open to lower league sides only.

Mon Jan 13, 2020 3:37 pm

Steve Zodiak wrote:
Do you think the Welsh Cup which gives the winners access to European competition is a relevant competition? Would you discount it as nonsense when Swansea won the competition which resulted in them playing in Europe? As an additional point, I would point out that your comparison of the Coca Cola Cup with the Sherpa Van Trophy is incorrect. The Coca Cola Cup was as you correctly say in effect the League Cup open to all 92 league sides, while the Sherpa Van Trophy was open only to clubs in Div 3 and Div 4. I would say the Coca Cola Cup was a far more prestigious cup than the Sherpa Van's Trophy or the Johnson Paint Trophy, the latter being open to lower league sides only.

Irrelevant to most of us in sure, yes. If someone asks me how many trophies the club has won, I can’t imagine I would be reeling off Welsh Cups, no.

My comparison with the Coca Cola cup is not incorrect, the Coca Cola cup and the Sherpa Van Trophy are competitions very much alive in English competition today, they are both rebranded with sponsorship. Whether it is only open to tiers 3 and 4 is irrelevant, it is the system in which we play in.

Prestige is not the question. Relevance is.

Mon Jan 13, 2020 3:56 pm

welshcasual wrote:
Steve Zodiak wrote:

Irrelevant to most of us in sure, yes. If someone asks me how many trophies the club has won, I can’t imagine I would be reeling off Welsh Cups, no.

My comparison with the Coca Cola cup is not incorrect, the Coca Cola cup and the Sherpa Van Trophy are competitions very much alive in English competition today, they are both rebranded with sponsorship. Whether it is only open to tiers 3 and 4 is irrelevant, it is the system in which we play in.

That clarifies matters then. The Welsh Cup with it's access to Europe is an irrelevance in your eyes. And yet you quote Swansea's European progress in the past with some pride, despite the fact that without winning the Welsh Cup, Swansea would never have had the opportunity to participate in the Welsh Cup. I would imagine that if Cardiff and Swansea were still participating in the Welsh Cup with a European place being the reward, you would in all probability be the only supporter of a Welsh club who would deem the competition to be irrelevant.

Mon Jan 13, 2020 4:06 pm

Steve Zodiak wrote:
welshcasual wrote:
Steve Zodiak wrote:

That clarifies matters then. The Welsh Cup with it's access to Europe is an irrelevance in your eyes. And yet you quote Swansea's European progress in the past with some pride, despite the fact that without winning the Welsh Cup, Swansea would never have had the opportunity to participate in the European Cup. I would imagine that if Cardiff and Swansea were still participating in the Welsh Cup with a European place being the reward, you would in all probability be the only supporter of a Welsh club who would deem the competition to be irrelevant.

Mon Jan 13, 2020 4:08 pm

Steve Zodiak wrote:
welshcasual wrote:
Steve Zodiak wrote:

That clarifies matters then. The Welsh Cup with it's access to Europe is an irrelevance in your eyes. And yet you quote Swansea's European progress in the past with some pride, despite the fact that without winning the Welsh Cup, Swansea would never have had the opportunity to participate in the Welsh Cup. I would imagine that if Cardiff and Swansea were still participating in the Welsh Cup with a European place being the reward, you would in all probability be the only supporter of a Welsh club who would deem the competition to be irrelevant.

Their fans called the what is the caribou cup a Micky mouse cup because we were in final! Changed tune when they won it!...
Seems to be a trait of swans fans judging by our friends responses to you , cups only relevant if they win it. :laughing6:

Steve cant believe you are still trying to win an argument with someone who cant lose an argument at any cost.. :roll:

Mon Jan 13, 2020 4:13 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
Steve Zodiak wrote:
welshcasual wrote:
Steve Zodiak wrote:

Their fans called the what is the caribou cup a Micky mouse cup because we were in final! Changed tune when they won it!...
Seems to be a trait of swans fans judging by our friends responses to you , cups only relevant if they win it. :laughing6:

Seems that way Allan. Can see I made a mistake in previous post, should have read Swansea would never have had the opportunity to participate in the European Cup. Anyway, that's enough from me. Going to have the Cardiff fans on this forum telling me off for being dragged into Roath's world of fantasy if I continue. Back on ignore I think.