Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: ‘ The Jacks Today / Great Britain ‘

Sun Jan 12, 2020 6:51 pm

Felixstowe_jack wrote:
welshcasual wrote:
Bluebird1990 wrote:
ccfcninian wrote:
Felixstowe_jack wrote:You would never think there were 26000 home fans at legoland today no support at all and 5000 empty seats.

It is now over six years since Cardiff scored against Swansea.

Head to head this century

Swansea won 5
3 draws
Cardiff won 3

Have a look at the stats on the overall meetings you thick fucker, Cardiff have more wins overall and still had better support than you scruffy shite, now f**k off back to that shithole of a town you came from

Its not his fault, he thinks football only started when Swansea were in the Prem

Not that much different are they? The record since English football records began...

68 meetings

28 wins Swansea
18 draws
22 wins Cardiff

This century or last century Swansea still ahead.

Don’t say that, a couple of them are a bit fragile today.

Sun Jan 12, 2020 6:52 pm

Felixstowe_jack wrote:
welshcasual wrote:
Bluebird1990 wrote:
ccfcninian wrote:
Felixstowe_jack wrote:You would never think there were 26000 home fans at legoland today no support at all and 5000 empty seats.

Swansea won 5
3 draws
Cardiff won 3

Have a look at the stats on the overall meetings you thick fucker, Cardiff have more wins overall and still had better support than you scruffy shite, now f**k off back to that shithole of a town you came from

Its not his fault, he thinks football only started when Swansea were in the Prem

Not that much different are they? The record since English football records began...

68 meetings

28 wins Swansea
18 draws
22 wins Cardiff

Awwww hes got to have something to cheer him up coming from there! :laughing6:

Sun Jan 12, 2020 7:02 pm

103 Barmy Army wrote:I was quite happy with my “England, England give us a song” chant taking off in the Canton after witnessing the UJ. :lol:

Thought the Jacks were the loudest away fans to visit this season prior to kick off, the first 5 minutes and after the game had ended. The remainder, they were generally quiet, but credit where credit is due for their behaviour during the minutes applause. :thumbright:

Good vocal support from the Canton Stand today, however the Ninian Park days of all four stands singing are a long distant memory.

Why should they be given credit for joining in the minutes applause without being abusive?

Sun Jan 12, 2020 7:36 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
Felixstowe_jack wrote:
welshcasual wrote:
Bluebird1990 wrote:
ccfcninian wrote:

Swansea won 5
3 draws
Cardiff won 3

68 meetings

28 wins Swansea
18 draws
22 wins Cardiff

Not sure you can pick which competitions to include when comparing stats. Why leave the Welsh Cup results out of the records, but include things like the Freight Rover Trophy, Sherpa Vans Trophy, Autoglass Trophy etc. If you just select certain competitions to compile a head to head record but leave out results in other competitons simply because you lost, you are not really going to get a full and accurate record of the entire history between the two clubs. There have been 109 competitive games between Cardiff and Swansea, but either side can claim the most wins if a certain percentage of those games are omitted from the records. I wouldn't have thought it makes much sense to pretend the other games never took place.

Sun Jan 12, 2020 7:44 pm

Steve Zodiak wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
Felixstowe_jack wrote:
welshcasual wrote:
Bluebird1990 wrote:
ccfcninian wrote:

Swansea won 5
3 draws
Cardiff won 3

68 meetings

28 wins Swansea
18 draws
22 wins Cardiff

Not sure you can pick which competitions to include when comparing stats. Why leave the Welsh Cup results out of the records, but include things like the Freight Rover Trophy, Sherpa Vans Trophy, Autoglass Trophy etc. If you just select certain competitions to compile a head to head record but leave out results in other competitons simply because you lost, you are not really going to get a full and accurate record of the entire history between the two clubs. There have been 109 competitive games between Cardiff and Swansea, but either side can claim the most wins if a certain percentage of those games are omitted from the records. I wouldn't have thought it makes much sense to pretend the other games never took place.

Steve this is your typical Swansea fans answer to most things very selective in what they put on here because they hate to be wrong or made to look bad! :old:

Sun Jan 12, 2020 7:49 pm

BroBlue wrote:Quietest derby I have seen, nowhere near living up to the rep gained from previous encounters. Oh well game on for next time I guess.

Thought the atmosphere was crap today. Where have all the Cardiff songs from years past gone. Scumsea must think we've gone soft

Sun Jan 12, 2020 8:13 pm

CF23 Bluebird wrote:
BroBlue wrote:Quietest derby I have seen, nowhere near living up to the rep gained from previous encounters. Oh well game on for next time I guess.

Thought the atmosphere was crap today. Where have all the Cardiff songs from years past gone. Scumsea must think we've gone soft

I blame that bloody drum at the back of Canton. Gets on my bloody nerves.

Sun Jan 12, 2020 8:18 pm

welshcasual wrote:
103 Barmy Army wrote:
welshcasual wrote:
103 Barmy Army wrote:
Bambasbestbuddy22 wrote:
welshcasual wrote:
103 Barmy Army wrote:
welshcasual wrote:
103 Barmy Army wrote:I was quite happy with my “England, England give us a song” chant taking off in the Canton after witnessing the UJ. :lol:

Thought the Jacks were the loudest away fans to visit this season prior to kick off, the first 5 minutes and after the game had ended. The remainder, they were generally quiet, but credit where credit is due for their behaviour during the minutes applause. :thumbright:

Good vocal support from the Canton Stand today, however the Ninian Park days of all four stands singing are a long distant memory.

It is a British flag not an English one.

Genuine question. As someone who for personal reasons has the utmost respect for the UJ (despite it having zero representation of Wales), why do Swansea choose it over a Welsh flag?

“Swansea” don’t as such. There are a few supporters that are proud to be British and have a couple of flags.

You will see more Welsh flags than anything else at Swansea home games.

You didn't answer his question. They are at Swansea games only in wales and not cardiff games. So why at swansea?

I’m intrigued to know if Swansea fans supporting a Welsh club also take the UJ - which has an English representation, but as we’ve established not a Welsh one - to away games against English opposition? I’m confident they do.

For what it’s worth, I am fiercely proud of being British, but if the answer to the aforementioned question is yes, I can’t get my head around that from a sporting spectators perspective.

Some do I’m sure. But again it isn’t an English flag.

Flags aren’t designed to be the opposite of the team you play, they are a representation of personal identity. Those that own union jacks are proud of their British identity.

Identity? Including the symbolic Red Cross of St George element to represent England and overlooking the fact it has absolutely nothing to represent Wales. I can’t get my head around a Welsh person doing such a thing at a sporting event. Then again, I would expect to see an English Swansea fan with an English flag with Swansea City on as opposed to the UJ.

Whilst playing in the English football pyramid, you’re effectively supporting the opposition more than your own team, unless playing in Europe of course.

How do you know they are Welsh? Do you know them then?

Wales are part of Britain. Wales isn’t on the European flag either but they are in Europe.

Not sure what your hang up is with regards to a sporting event though, you seem to think a flag is a form of aggression, maybe others don’t use flags in that way?

I’ve never claimed to know they were Welsh, hence the additional example of the English flag. That applies to all nationalities.

You must have misunderstood me if you think my interpretation of a flag is in any way aggressive. Furthermore, I’ve used the word “support” on several occasions and that is my interpretation of why a fan would take a flag to a “sporting event.” Ideally one that has nothing to do with the opposition if possible, especially as there’s an an alternative that actually represents Wales. I’ve never taken the European flag to a Cardiff City game for that exact reason. :lol:

Whilst I can imagine the topic to be slightly embarrassing from a Swansea City perspective, surely you can see the logic? Is this a wind up?

Sun Jan 12, 2020 8:26 pm

Danny Says wrote:

Why should they be given credit for joining in the minutes applause without being abusive?

Whilst I agree with you in principle, unfortunately there are many idiots in the world who have tarnished previous moments of reflection. It was good to see club rivalries put aside temporarily as some things are more important than football. I wouldn’t read into my comment too much. :thumbup:

Sun Jan 12, 2020 8:40 pm

Steve Zodiak wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
Felixstowe_jack wrote:
welshcasual wrote:
Bluebird1990 wrote:
ccfcninian wrote:

Swansea won 5
3 draws
Cardiff won 3

68 meetings

28 wins Swansea
18 draws
22 wins Cardiff

Thats what he does, he twists and manipulates things to suit his narrative, he's a moron.

Sun Jan 12, 2020 9:46 pm

The away end has now been fumigated, and any trace of vermin removed.

Sun Jan 12, 2020 10:53 pm

welshcasual wrote:
Bambasbestbuddy22 wrote:
welshcasual wrote:
Bambasbestbuddy22 wrote:
welshcasual wrote:I was shocked how quiet the ground was. Only the Swans fans coming through on the TV, not sure if microphone placements helped but very poor atmosphere compared to the first match.

Ha ha ha ha I knew it. I said a long time ago you are an armchair supporter. If you bothered to attend your teams games instead of sitting in your bedroom with a microwave meal and a sticky keyboard then you would really know what different atmospheres are about.

I live 21,000 miles round trip away.

Nearly right :roll: :lol:

Obviously 100% right with what I said then I think you will find...not nearly right. Not so clever now are we eh?

Aye, a former season ticket holder who left the UK for professional reasons and is now a very successful international businessman who owns a fabulous house in the Gold Coast... is an armchair fan with a microwave meal :laughing6:

I have probably spent more on Swansea football club than you have earned in a lifetime and been to more matches than you have odd thoughts. And that is saying something :laughing6:

As I said... nearly.

What a pretentious prick! Probably suffers from small knob syndrome

Sun Jan 12, 2020 11:35 pm

Stairway to Merthyr wrote:
welshcasual wrote:
Bambasbestbuddy22 wrote:
welshcasual wrote:
Bambasbestbuddy22 wrote:
welshcasual wrote:I was shocked how quiet the ground was. Only the Swans fans coming through on the TV, not sure if microphone placements helped but very poor atmosphere compared to the first match.

Ha ha ha ha I knew it. I said a long time ago you are an armchair supporter. If you bothered to attend your teams games instead of sitting in your bedroom with a microwave meal and a sticky keyboard then you would really know what different atmospheres are about.

I live 21,000 miles round trip away.

Nearly right :roll: :lol:

Obviously 100% right with what I said then I think you will find...not nearly right. Not so clever now are we eh?

Aye, a former season ticket holder who left the UK for professional reasons and is now a very successful international businessman who owns a fabulous house in the Gold Coast... is an armchair fan with a microwave meal :laughing6:

I have probably spent more on Swansea football club than you have earned in a lifetime and been to more matches than you have odd thoughts. And that is saying something :laughing6:

As I said... nearly.

What a pretentious prick! Probably suffers from small knob syndrome

Arrogant maybe, pretentious certainly not. Ta :thumbup:

Sun Jan 12, 2020 11:39 pm

Steve Zodiak wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
Felixstowe_jack wrote:
welshcasual wrote:
Bluebird1990 wrote:
ccfcninian wrote:

Swansea won 5
3 draws
Cardiff won 3

68 meetings

28 wins Swansea
18 draws
22 wins Cardiff

Because we play in the English pyramid.

If you search Swansea v Cardiff h2h then most will only show the games in the English system which is 68.

I’m not pretending we haven’t played other games, I’m just questioning their relevance. I remember watching an FAW Premier cup match with three quarters of a reserve side, that’s not something I recall ever happening in a derby in the English system. Can you?

Sun Jan 12, 2020 11:40 pm

CF23 Bluebird wrote:

Don’t be silly, it was the microphone apparently.

Sun Jan 12, 2020 11:45 pm

103 Barmy Army wrote:
welshcasual wrote:
103 Barmy Army wrote:
welshcasual wrote:
103 Barmy Army wrote:
Bambasbestbuddy22 wrote:
welshcasual wrote:
103 Barmy Army wrote:
welshcasual wrote:

It is a British flag not an English one.

Genuine question. As someone who for personal reasons has the utmost respect for the UJ (despite it having zero representation of Wales), why do Swansea choose it over a Welsh flag?

“Swansea” don’t as such. There are a few supporters that are proud to be British and have a couple of flags.

You will see more Welsh flags than anything else at Swansea home games.

You didn't answer his question. They are at Swansea games only in wales and not cardiff games. So why at swansea?

I’m intrigued to know if Swansea fans supporting a Welsh club also take the UJ - which has an English representation, but as we’ve established not a Welsh one - to away games against English opposition? I’m confident they do.

For what it’s worth, I am fiercely proud of being British, but if the answer to the aforementioned question is yes, I can’t get my head around that from a sporting spectators perspective.

Some do I’m sure. But again it isn’t an English flag.

Flags aren’t designed to be the opposite of the team you play, they are a representation of personal identity. Those that own union jacks are proud of their British identity.

Identity? Including the symbolic Red Cross of St George element to represent England and overlooking the fact it has absolutely nothing to represent Wales. I can’t get my head around a Welsh person doing such a thing at a sporting event. Then again, I would expect to see an English Swansea fan with an English flag with Swansea City on as opposed to the UJ.

Whilst playing in the English football pyramid, you’re effectively supporting the opposition more than your own team, unless playing in Europe of course.

How do you know they are Welsh? Do you know them then?

Wales are part of Britain. Wales isn’t on the European flag either but they are in Europe.

Not sure what your hang up is with regards to a sporting event though, you seem to think a flag is a form of aggression, maybe others don’t use flags in that way?

I’ve never claimed to know they were Welsh, hence the additional example of the English flag. That applies to all nationalities.

You must have misunderstood me if you think my interpretation of a flag is in any way aggressive. Furthermore, I’ve used the word “support” on several occasions and that is my interpretation of why a fan would take a flag to a “sporting event.” Ideally one that has nothing to do with the opposition if possible, especially as there’s an an alternative that actually represents Wales. I’ve never taken the European flag to a Cardiff City game for that exact reason. :lol:

Whilst I can imagine the topic to be slightly embarrassing from a Swansea City perspective, surely you can see the logic? Is this a wind up?

Ok well I’m very confused by what you are wanting then?

You asked me why do some Swansea fans use the Union Jack, I told you that they are proud of being British. You accepted that but couldn’t understand why they would take it to a sporting event. I told you that they see flags as personal identity and not a form of taunting or aggression which makes the fact that it is at a sporting event irrelevant, it has to do with identity not sport.

Why would this topic be embarrassing?

Maybe you should say what you think or ask what you want to know. All this skirting around pretending to ask questions you don’t really want to know the answer to is weird. You have been answered every time. I’m unsure what else you are looking for? We have a South Korean flag at some home games too, when they attend. :thumbright:

Mon Jan 13, 2020 12:01 am

re : the original post. There's only one UK flag in the photo? Lots of Welsh ones though.

So the title should be renamed 'The Jacks Today / Wales', or simply 'the Jacks Today'

It's embarrassing enough

Mon Jan 13, 2020 9:21 am

welshcasual wrote:
Steve Zodiak wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
Felixstowe_jack wrote:
welshcasual wrote:
Bluebird1990 wrote:
ccfcninian wrote:

Swansea won 5
3 draws
Cardiff won 3

68 meetings

28 wins Swansea
18 draws
22 wins Cardiff

Because we play in the English pyramid.

If you search Swansea v Cardiff h2h then most will only show the games in the English system which is 68.

I’m not pretending we haven’t played other games, I’m just questioning their relevance. I remember watching an FAW Premier cup match with three quarters of a reserve side, that’s not something I recall ever happening in a derby in the English system. Can you?

I would class the Welsh Cup as far more relevant than some of the other Mickey Mouse cups I mentioned previously. Winning those cups was not a means of qualifying for Europe. You have mentioned European games yourself when describing some of Swansea's recent and historical successes, and one of my biggest nights was watching Real Madrid at NP. Without winning the Welsh Cup, none of us would have those great European nights to remember. The fact we can no longer play in the competition is irrelevant, we no longer play in the Sherpa Vans Trophy, a) because it no longer exists and b) because we are unable to due to our league positions. Nevertheless, those results will always stand, the matches cannot be removed from the history books.Neither team will ever play in the European Cup Winners Cup again, but that is no reason to discard the results which will stand forever in the history of both clubs. It is not an opinion but fact that the two clubs have met 109 times in competitive matches. Even if you remove those FAW Premier Cup games (which will still remain in the football history books forever) Cardiff still have the better record.

Mon Jan 13, 2020 9:25 am

Steve Zodiak wrote:
I would class the Welsh Cup as far more relevant than some of the other Mickey Mouse cups I mentioned previously. Winning those cups was not a means of qualifying for Europe. You have mentioned European games yourself when describing some of Swansea's recent and historical successes, and one of my biggest nights was watching Real Madrid at NP. Without winning the Welsh Cup, none of us would have those great European nights to remember. The fact we can no longer play in the competition is irrelevant, we no longer play in the Sherpa Vans Trophy, a) because it no longer exists and b) because we are unable to due to our league positions. Nevertheless, those results will always stand, the matches cannot be removed from the history books.Neither team will ever play in the European Cup Winners Cup again, but that is no reason to discard the results which will stand forever in the history of both clubs. It is not an opinion but fact that the two clubs have met 109 times in competitive matches. Even if you remove those FAW Premier Cup games (which will still remain in the football history books forever) Cardiff still have the better record.

That's all well and good but that's a personal choice.

Most sites will show h2h in English football which is the system we play in. All those competitions listed are in or were in the system we play in.

Mon Jan 13, 2020 9:33 am

welshcasual wrote:
Steve Zodiak wrote:

It is not my personal choice that Cardiff and Swansea have met 109 times in all competitions. I can't choose how many times they have played one another, That is factual information, something you normally choose to deal in.

Most sites will show h2h in English football which is the system we play in. All those competitions listed are in or were in the system we play in.

Mon Jan 13, 2020 9:35 am

Steve Zodiak wrote:
welshcasual wrote:
Steve Zodiak wrote:

It is not my personal choice that Cardiff and Swansea have met 109 times in all competitions. I can't choose how many times they have played one another, That is factual information, something you normally choose to deal in.

It is your choice as to what you deem as relevant.

These sites in the main also don't deem it relevant hence why they don't count them.

Mon Jan 13, 2020 10:31 am

CF23 Bluebird wrote:

Yo do realise singing a song rather loudly doesn't make you hard :lol: , I agree though the atmosphere was piss poor , the odd chant form the canton stand but that was it , it was mostly Swansea which you would expect from the away end, but the previous fixture that was poor by the away support

Mon Jan 13, 2020 10:38 am

Fusilier52 wrote:
CF23 Bluebird wrote:

Yo do realise singing a song rather loudly doesn't make you hard :lol: , I agree though the atmosphere was piss poor , the odd chant form the canton stand but that was it , it was mostly Swansea which you would expect from the away end, but the previous fixture that was poor by the away support

The Swansea fans were poor. Made some noise at the start of the game but were then pretty quite for the rest of it. Made more noise after the final whistle than they did during the game. Celebrating like they just won promotion. Overall it was shit atmosphere which has been the case all season down there.

Mon Jan 13, 2020 10:42 am

Fusilier52 wrote:
CF23 Bluebird wrote:

Agreed

Mon Jan 13, 2020 10:56 am

I think its the same in these new all seated bowls, need to bring back standing area's
it aint the same anymore ..
on the game its safe to say no ones going anywhere soon,

Mon Jan 13, 2020 12:23 pm

welshcasual wrote:
Steve Zodiak wrote:
welshcasual wrote:
Steve Zodiak wrote:

These sites in the main also don't deem it relevant hence why they don't count them.

Neither Cardiff nor Swansea will ever compete in the European Cup Winners Cup again. Does that mean that our past results in that competition can now be ignored meaning that Cardiff never actually reached the semi-final against Hamburg, or the quarter final against Real Madrid. My final comment on the subject is to ask you a question (answer can be found in places such as Cardiff's records, probably Swansea's records although I have not looked, and Wikipedia ). How many times have Cardiff and Swansea met in competitive matches? Not looking for an opinion or an answer based on selected competitions, looking for factual information on the actual number of recognised competitive matches that have taken place. Not looking for what you or I deem relevant. Simply looking for undeniable facts, and I think we both know the answer whichever slant you may decide to put on things. Once again, in ALL officially recognised competitions, how many times have Cardiff and Swansea competed against each other?

Mon Jan 13, 2020 12:33 pm

Steve Zodiak wrote:
welshcasual wrote:
Steve Zodiak wrote:
welshcasual wrote:
Steve Zodiak wrote:

Neither Cardiff nor Swansea will ever compete in the European Cup Winners Cup again. Does that mean that our past results in that competition can now be ignored meaning that Cardiff never actually reached the semi-final against Hamburg, or the quarter final against Real Madrid. My final comment on the subject is to ask you a question (answer can be found in places such as Cardiff's records, probably Swansea's records although I have not looked, and Wikipedia ). How many times have Cardiff and Swansea met in competitive matches? Not looking for an opinion or an answer based on selected competitions, looking for factual information on the actual number of recognised competitive matches that have taken place. Not looking for what you or I deem relevant. Simply looking for undeniable facts, and I think we both know the answer whichever slant you may decide to put on things. Once again, in ALL officially recognised competitions, how many times have Cardiff and Swansea competed against each other?

The Cup winners cup was a competition that absorbed into the UEFA Cup or the Europa League as it is now known, of which you can still play in. We did after we won the cup.

So in the English system which we play in and competitions that can be reached via this system, be that defunct absorbed or still going is 68 times. The record stands at:-

28 wins Swansea
18 draws
22 wins Cardiff

https://www.11v11.com/teams/swansea-cit ... ff%20City/

Mon Jan 13, 2020 12:35 pm

Steve Zodiak wrote:
welshcasual wrote:
Steve Zodiak wrote:
welshcasual wrote:
Steve Zodiak wrote:

Your wasting your time Steve everyone accepts the official stats as provided by the clubs but he wont accept this as he will lose his argument about how many times we've played them in competitive games..... how anyone can say playing Swansea in welsh cup ect ect is not a competitive game is behond comprehension if not a competitive game what was it? Talking about clutching at straws he's clutching at greasy pole and is sliding slowly down it... :D

Mon Jan 13, 2020 12:39 pm

welshcasual wrote:
Steve Zodiak wrote:
welshcasual wrote:
Steve Zodiak wrote:
welshcasual wrote:
Steve Zodiak wrote:

The Cup winners cup was a competition that absorbed into the UEFA Cup or the Europa League as it is now known, of which you can still play in. We did after we won the cup.

So in the English system which we play in and competitions that can be reached via this system, be that defunct absorbed or still going is 68 times. The record stands at:-

28 wins Swansea
18 draws
22 wins Cardiff

Think you mis-read my question. I asked the fairly straightforward question of how many times have the two sides met in all officially recognised competitions? Here is a bit of copying and pasting (something I usually tend not to do):-

Results summary
From 109 competitive games:
Cardiff City 44 Wins
Swansea City 36 Wins
28 Draws
Last Result
Cardiff City
Swansea City

12 January 2019
EFL Championship,
Cardiff City Stadium, Cardiff, Wales
Attendance: 28,528

Mon Jan 13, 2020 12:49 pm

Steve Zodiak wrote:
welshcasual wrote:
Steve Zodiak wrote:
welshcasual wrote:
Steve Zodiak wrote:
welshcasual wrote:
Steve Zodiak wrote:

28 wins Swansea
18 draws
22 wins Cardiff

Think you mis-read my question. I asked the fairly straightforward question of how many times have the two sides met in all officially recognised competitions? Here is a bit of copying and pasting (something I usually tend not to do):-

Results summary
From 109 competitive games:
Cardiff City 44 Wins
Swansea City 36 Wins
28 Draws
Last Result
Cardiff City
Swansea City

12 January 2019
EFL Championship,
Cardiff City Stadium, Cardiff, Wales
Attendance: 28,528

Didnt misread it he chose not to answer a simple question even I understood... instead done the usual roathy side step which hes expert at.... :mrgreen: