Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: Harris Should Walk

Thu Jan 02, 2020 3:46 pm

paulh_85 wrote:
welshcasual wrote:
paulh_85 wrote:Just get out and let someone decent have a go

Paul the time to get rid of Warnock was pre season, I said this at the time and was ridiculed by the usual lot and the overzealous mod.

I said keeping Warnock even knowing it is his last year makes no sense at all, especially then giving him money to spend on Warnock type players like Glatzel and Flint. When he was pushed then the squad would only be geared towards hoof ball managers and you wouldn’t get anywhere.

So whilst I agree the manager is useless, there isn’t a great deal that can be done. There is no way the squad you have can play possession or quick short passing football. There needs to be a radical overhaul at the club but keeping Warnock has made that incredibly hard both financially and logistically.

I agree but a well loved manager was always going to get favour from the fans. Coming out on a retirement tour was a bad idea, and signing flint was even worse. (Which I said at the time)

This isn't an awful team suddenly though. And a good manager could still galvanise us into challenging for the top 6(with the help of a few loan players)

Harris has been poor though, even by the standards that most of the fans had here. When you lose a game 6-1 its never going to be all down to the manager and tactics, and the players are a disgrace. But that formation and set up today was a joke. I dont care that he's been here for only a month or so, he needs to go and bring in someone who knows how to manage a football team

He's had a tough start and performing better than Warnock has this season, some of those players let him down, I don't think they will all get a chance to do that again!

He did set up wrong against QPR but we were also hindered by injuries, he will sort that defence out for Swansea I'm sure and hopefully Ralls will be back!

Re: Harris Should Walk

Thu Jan 02, 2020 4:00 pm

Bluebina wrote:
paulh_85 wrote:
welshcasual wrote:
paulh_85 wrote:Just get out and let someone decent have a go

Paul the time to get rid of Warnock was pre season, I said this at the time and was ridiculed by the usual lot and the overzealous mod.

I said keeping Warnock even knowing it is his last year makes no sense at all, especially then giving him money to spend on Warnock type players like Glatzel and Flint. When he was pushed then the squad would only be geared towards hoof ball managers and you wouldn’t get anywhere.

So whilst I agree the manager is useless, there isn’t a great deal that can be done. There is no way the squad you have can play possession or quick short passing football. There needs to be a radical overhaul at the club but keeping Warnock has made that incredibly hard both financially and logistically.

I agree but a well loved manager was always going to get favour from the fans. Coming out on a retirement tour was a bad idea, and signing flint was even worse. (Which I said at the time)

This isn't an awful team suddenly though. And a good manager could still galvanise us into challenging for the top 6(with the help of a few loan players)

Harris has been poor though, even by the standards that most of the fans had here. When you lose a game 6-1 its never going to be all down to the manager and tactics, and the players are a disgrace. But that formation and set up today was a joke. I dont care that he's been here for only a month or so, he needs to go and bring in someone who knows how to manage a football team

He's had a tough start and performing better than Warnock has this season, some of those players let him down, I don't think they will all get a chance to do that again!

He did set up wrong against QPR but we were also hindered by injuries, he will sort that defence out for Swansea I'm sure and hopefully Ralls will be back!

its about time people stopped with the Warnock excuse...6-1 mate he should be accepting blame and putting it down to experience. this flip flopping between how good players are one week then threatening clear outs the next ..sorry but it don't wash.. he isn't going to clear any decks in January so why bother saying it..