Just get out and let someone decent have a go
paulh_85

Harris Should Walk

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: Harris Should Walk

Postby Bluebird Always » Wed Jan 01, 2020 4:37 pm

I was all for giving him a chance but i have to agree with this post.
Embarrassing , worst performance for many years.
Took the game to Sheff Wed and won. But today?
Have all our players been partying with Harris last night. seems like.
Do the honourable thing Harris and resign!
Bluebird Always

Postby Grangetown blue » Wed Jan 01, 2020 4:41 pm

It won't happen unfortunately
Grangetown blue

Postby 2blue2handle » Wed Jan 01, 2020 4:45 pm

not up to it and never was, I'd take anyone right now.
2blue2handle

Postby Llan_Blue » Wed Jan 01, 2020 4:48 pm

Never going to walk away will wait to be sacked for a pay day
Llan_Blue

Postby Grangetown blue » Wed Jan 01, 2020 4:48 pm

Bring back Dave Jones till end of the season at least then we will see good football
Grangetown blue

Postby 2blue2handle » Wed Jan 01, 2020 4:51 pm

get Warnock back, he loves a club to fix.
2blue2handle

Postby Grangetown blue » Wed Jan 01, 2020 4:54 pm

I'd rather see a manager that likes to play football so no to Warnock for me lol
Grangetown blue

Postby fred keenor » Wed Jan 01, 2020 4:54 pm

Could bellers have done worse?
fred keenor

Postby Llan_Blue » Wed Jan 01, 2020 4:56 pm

fred keenor wrote:Could bellers have done worse?

No
Llan_Blue

Postby Grangetown blue » Wed Jan 01, 2020 4:56 pm

I would have gave it to bellers for the season to see if he's cut for it
Grangetown blue

Postby 2blue2handle » Wed Jan 01, 2020 4:58 pm

Llan_Blue wrote:

No

can't stand Bellamy and never wanted him but Harris is a lot worse than expected and I had a very low opinion to start with. I'd even take Bellamy right now.
2blue2handle

Postby OriginalGrangeEndBlue » Wed Jan 01, 2020 4:58 pm

2blue2handle wrote:get Warnock back, he loves a club to fix.

Can’t we just swop Harris for Warburton?
:laughing6:
OriginalGrangeEndBlue

Postby 2blue2handle » Wed Jan 01, 2020 4:59 pm

OriginalGrangeEndBlue wrote:

Can’t we just swop Harris for Warburton?
:laughing6:

struggling Millwall didn't even want Harris :banghead:
2blue2handle

Postby welshcasual » Wed Jan 01, 2020 5:01 pm

paulh_85 wrote:Just get out and let someone decent have a go

Paul the time to get rid of Warnock was pre season, I said this at the time and was ridiculed by the usual lot and the overzealous mod.

I said keeping Warnock even knowing it is his last year makes no sense at all, especially then giving him money to spend on Warnock type players like Glatzel and Flint. When he was pushed then the squad would only be geared towards hoof ball managers and you wouldn’t get anywhere.

So whilst I agree the manager is useless, there isn’t a great deal that can be done. There is no way the squad you have can play possession or quick short passing football. There needs to be a radical overhaul at the club but keeping Warnock has made that incredibly hard both financially and logistically.
welshcasual

Postby davids » Wed Jan 01, 2020 5:10 pm

No point in getting rid of him.

The clowns who run the club have no f*cking clue as far as appointing a decent manager is concerned - Warnock was the exception that proved the rule.

Any replacement for Harris would have to be cheap and willing to work with a board that has no idea how the football side of a club should be run.
davids

Postby Bluehants » Wed Jan 01, 2020 5:11 pm

He has to.

Might only be his second loss, but it’s been atrocious throughout. Lucky wins, stake draws and probably 1 decent performance...that’s it. I heard him say earlier those points at home against Preston and Millwall were good points...WTF!

This has been coming - he’s full of sound bites and nothing else. Good result on Sunday, but to follow up with that is shocking - knew within 2 minutes when we just sat back that we weren’t up for it.

No coincidence how much better Millwall have got since he left them.
Bluehants

Postby dogfound » Wed Jan 01, 2020 5:33 pm

it could be worse no matter what name you throw out.. im talking purely about results.. 4 wins 4 draws 2 defeats. what other new Cardiff manager has bettered that ? someone could have come in and had a Trollope type start and us now be worried about relegation..
im peed of 2 just saying it as is..
dogfound

Postby Bluehants » Wed Jan 01, 2020 6:33 pm

dogfound wrote:

it could be worse no matter what name you throw out.. im talking purely about results.. 4 wins 4 draws 2 defeats. what other new Cardiff manager has bettered that ? someone could have come in and had a Trollope type start and us now be worried about relegation..

Problem is those stats in terms of results don’t tell the whole story.

Of the 4 wins - 2 were decent (Forest and Wednesday) and could be classed as more than we would have expected. The wins against Stoke and Barnsley were wins we should have got considering the positions of those teams and we were at home - but in both, we made massively hard work of getting them.

On the draws, Leeds and Charlton good draw and certainly Leeds was an unexpected point even going into the game. Home draws against Preston and Millwall though were certainly points dropped - but the manner of those draws made it even worse. Turgid and clueless.

Defeats - losing to Brentford away is nothing to be ashamed of, but today was appalling...and as others have said, had been coming.

His post match interview today was an exercise in blaming everyone but himself - players, past manager etc. He has had 10 games now which is more than enough time to start putting some kind of stamp on the side, but frankly it just isn’t happening.
Bluehants

Postby Bluebird Warrior » Wed Jan 01, 2020 6:34 pm

Board wont do shite. He'll have the rest of the season where we'll finish around 10th -12th, the board will keep him on and we'll go into next season as a mid table team around where we are and will have wasted another season where the board will either replace him during the season or at the end of next season. Look at millwall now.
Bluebird Warrior

Postby Chippy82 » Wed Jan 01, 2020 6:37 pm

Bluehants wrote:
dogfound wrote:

Of the 4 wins - 2 were decent (Forest and Wednesday) and could be classed as more than we would have expected. The wins against Stoke and Barnsley were wins we should have got considering the positions of those teams and we were at home - but in both, we made massively hard work of getting them.

On the draws, Leeds and Charlton good draw and certainly Leeds was an unexpected point even going into the game. Home draws against Preston and Millwall though were certainly points dropped - but the manner of those draws made it even worse. Turgid and clueless.

Defeats - losing to Brentford away is nothing to be ashamed of, but today was appalling...and as others have said, had been coming.

His post match interview today was an exercise in blaming everyone but himself - players, past manager etc. He has had 10 games now which is more than enough time to start putting some kind of stamp on the side, but frankly it just isn’t happening.

Not blaming him self must be following warnock because after every atrocious performance loss whatever he also blamed everyone but him self let's face it this team is no where near ready to challenge for promotion and sadly that's truth
Chippy82

Postby Plymuff Bloobird » Wed Jan 01, 2020 6:39 pm

I believe he will be sacked in about a years time,I would hazard a guess we will be about 14th when it happens.
Plymuff Bloobird

Postby dazza » Wed Jan 01, 2020 6:52 pm

It's his fault we are in this mess, he built the squad and then walked out knowing it wasn't good enough.
dazza

Postby tangledupinblue » Wed Jan 01, 2020 7:32 pm

No, could have been the Duncan Ferguson effect even!
tangledupinblue

Postby dogfound » Wed Jan 01, 2020 7:49 pm

Bluehants wrote:
dogfound wrote:

you can do this negative stuff to any clubs results. or the reverse with only if this that or the other.....but they are what they are..
im watching too mate and it looks a mess to me even when we win.. but he will be judged by results and they are decent..
dogfound

Postby paulh_85 » Wed Jan 01, 2020 8:54 pm

welshcasual wrote:

Paul the time to get rid of Warnock was pre season, I said this at the time and was ridiculed by the usual lot and the overzealous mod.

I said keeping Warnock even knowing it is his last year makes no sense at all, especially then giving him money to spend on Warnock type players like Glatzel and Flint. When he was pushed then the squad would only be geared towards hoof ball managers and you wouldn’t get anywhere.

So whilst I agree the manager is useless, there isn’t a great deal that can be done. There is no way the squad you have can play possession or quick short passing football. There needs to be a radical overhaul at the club but keeping Warnock has made that incredibly hard both financially and logistically.

I agree but a well loved manager was always going to get favour from the fans. Coming out on a retirement tour was a bad idea, and signing flint was even worse. (Which I said at the time)

This isn't an awful team suddenly though. And a good manager could still galvanise us into challenging for the top 6(with the help of a few loan players)

Harris has been poor though, even by the standards that most of the fans had here. When you lose a game 6-1 its never going to be all down to the manager and tactics, and the players are a disgrace. But that formation and set up today was a joke. I dont care that he's been here for only a month or so, he needs to go and bring in someone who knows how to manage a football team
paulh_85

Postby dogfound » Wed Jan 01, 2020 10:38 pm

paulh_85 wrote:
welshcasual wrote:

I agree but a well loved manager was always going to get favour from the fans. Coming out on a retirement tour was a bad idea, and signing flint was even worse. (Which I said at the time)

This isn't an awful team suddenly though. And a good manager could still galvanise us into challenging for the top 6(with the help of a few loan players)

Harris has been poor though, even by the standards that most of the fans had here. When you lose a game 6-1 its never going to be all down to the manager and tactics, and the players are a disgrace. But that formation and set up today was a joke. I dont care that he's been here for only a month or so, he needs to go and bring in someone who knows how to manage a football team

well he sure as hell isn't walking out on a 3 year contract..
and our board wouldn't sack him yet even if results were awful which they are not { today apart }
dogfound

Postby actionman » Thu Jan 02, 2020 2:46 pm

Anyone would struggle with these players etheridge can’t kick with his right foot let alone his left. Ralls pack bacuna vaulks to similar. Two centre backs Morrison flint can’t bring the ball out from the back. Murphy just doesn’t want to play for us aka zaha. Whyte fair league one player Madine no comment. Need I go on
actionman

Postby piledriver64 » Thu Jan 02, 2020 2:56 pm

davids wrote:No point in getting rid of him.

The clowns who run the club have no f*cking clue as far as appointing a decent manager is concerned - Warnock was the exception that proved the rule.

Any replacement for Harris would have to be cheap and willing to work with a board that has no idea how the football side of a club should be run.

Really ?

Malky and Warnock appointed by the same regime and both pretty successful from a footballing perspective. Failures are OGS, Slade and Trollope.

40% success rate in appointing managers, Man Utd would die for that !!
piledriver64

Postby Sneggyblubird » Thu Jan 02, 2020 3:25 pm

If Carlsberg did short termism.I think most of the above posters didn't want Harris appointed in the first place and yet have no viable blueprint themselves to offer apart from shouting dogs abuse.Ha it occurred to anyone that the players are struggling to play football after 3 seasons of Warnock ball.Haven't had a decent footballing team at this club since DJ was the manager and most were glad to see the back of him too.Harris should be allowed to tear this side up and start again.Even a fans choice manager would need more time than Harris has had.
Sneggyblubird

Next

Return to General Chat