Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Chopra tackle

Tue Aug 24, 2010 10:21 am

Attached is the tackle that put Chops out for two to three months !
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Chopra tackle

Tue Aug 24, 2010 10:23 am

thats shocking how didnt the ref see that?

Tue Aug 24, 2010 10:25 am

f*cking disgusting !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :twisted:

Tue Aug 24, 2010 10:26 am

thats shocking!

Tue Aug 24, 2010 10:26 am

f*cking disgraceful.
And the ref didn't do anything.

Tue Aug 24, 2010 10:28 am

Terrible. Any update on Chops injury? How long is he out for?

Tue Aug 24, 2010 10:29 am

That tw*t's as bad as Claude Davis.

An absolute disgrace. Someone send it to Talksport so we can have a discussion on the damage Chopra's shin could have done to Andrews' studs.

Tue Aug 24, 2010 10:32 am

RICK+CCFC wrote:Terrible. Any update on Chops injury? How long is he out for?

2-3 months at least.

Tue Aug 24, 2010 10:36 am

Isn't the rule that if the ref took no action the Football League can take action. Surely City should be making a complaint to get them to look at this!!

He could easily have broken Chops leg.

Respect to Chops for struggling on for so long after it.

Tue Aug 24, 2010 10:41 am

The league should take action - against a referee who's so plainly looking straight at it and does nothing. However we are far more likely to see them be more concerned about how that picture ever saw the light of day. :roll:

Tue Aug 24, 2010 10:44 am

Occasional Violins wrote:The league should take action - against a referee who's so plainly looking straight at it and does nothing. However we are far more likely to see them be more concerned about how that picture ever saw the light of day. :roll:

defo NOT a penalty tho as its clearly outside the box :lol:

Tue Aug 24, 2010 10:53 am

This picture just confirms what we all seen on saturday - it was a blantant lunge

Hope the club look at trying to take this further if it's possible!

SHOCKING!

Tue Aug 24, 2010 11:46 am

I can't believe how the ref is looking straight at it! So ignorant! I'm a defender and I'm against these stud showing tackles and stamping tackles that have started to blight the game recently. The art of tackling really has become lost.

Tue Aug 24, 2010 12:08 pm

EVERYONE EMAIL THE FOOTBALL LEAGUE WITH THIS PICTURE :ayatollah:

Tue Aug 24, 2010 12:20 pm

TREV wrote:EVERYONE EMAIL THE FOOTBALL LEAGUE WITH THIS PICTURE :ayatollah:

Post the address and we can

OH get the swansea lot to do it they on 1st name terms :lol: :lol: :lol:

Tue Aug 24, 2010 12:28 pm

How come Annis was reffing? :)

Tue Aug 24, 2010 12:37 pm

F*cking descusting. :evil:

Tue Aug 24, 2010 12:38 pm

I didnt realise it was that bad, I guess he was lucky as that could easily have broke his leg

Tue Aug 24, 2010 1:29 pm

b*stard!!

Tue Aug 24, 2010 2:15 pm

I saw it from the Canton - how the ref missed it from 2 yards away is beyond me!!

That could easily of been an Eduardo or Ramsey injury, disgusting challenge. Surely the league could look to take retrospective action and ban the player?

Tue Aug 24, 2010 3:23 pm

at the end of the day, if a ref cant spot a tackle like that in a match from how far away he was then he shouldnt be allowed to referee another game. simple.

they should start banning referees for games if they fail to spot career threatening tackles like that, why no one from CCFC has mentioned that yet is unbelievable..

Tue Aug 24, 2010 4:20 pm

And I thought it was only us that moaned about refs :o

Pointless exercise as Sousa kept moaning so much last season that he made a rod for his own back.

Tue Aug 24, 2010 4:34 pm

bloo wrote:And I thought it was only us that moaned about refs :o

Pointless exercise as Sousa kept moaning so much last season that he made a rod for his own back.

You're probably correct Bloo.

However the FL are able to punish Thomas for the tackle as the ref did not see the incident (unbelievable given his positioning) and as such can take retrospective action.

As far as i'm concerned when a player commits an act of violence on the pitch the ban should be 3 games plus however long the injured party is out for. In this case if Chops is out for 3 months Thomas should be banned until Chops returns.

Tue Aug 24, 2010 4:39 pm

What I don't understand is why the ref didn't act on it, he's right there in full view. In the World Cup they were very tight on studs up tackles. If there was a hint of the studs showing then they were carded. I'm sure that in competitions gone by the refereeing carried on in to the league games for a while. Perhaps this ref didn't watch the WC.

Tue Aug 24, 2010 5:49 pm

Gareth (Wilts) wrote:
bloo wrote:And I thought it was only us that moaned about refs :o

You're probably correct Bloo.

However the FL are able to punish Thomas for the tackle as the ref did not see the incident (unbelievable given his positioning) and as such can take retrospective action.

As far as i'm concerned when a player commits an act of violence on the pitch the ban should be 3 games plus however long the injured party is out for. In this case if Chops is out for 3 months Thomas should be banned until Chops returns.

The refs are one big 'boys club'. Andy Caroll elbowed Monk in the face right in front of the ref last season and only got a yellow. He scored the equalizer :(
When players and mangers start moaning about refs it usually does no good and it proved so last season. The action they will take is an interview with the official with his assessor and a slap on the wrist.

Wed Aug 25, 2010 5:07 pm

Chops has got this photo as his profile picture on facebook !