Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: " CARDIFF CITY'S CAS EMILIANO SALA APPEAL "

Sat Dec 07, 2019 11:00 am

You’re the stupid one here Sven for putting words in the mouth of others. Can you find where I said the club do not have the right of appeal? anything can be appealed... I appealed a parking fine once on the off chance it would be overturned... it didn’t understandably as my appeal was futile ... but it did get delayed and extended the time in which I could pay the lower offer.

Sat Dec 07, 2019 12:28 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
BarryWelsh88 wrote:How am I being stupid? He was our player. He was announced as our player. For that to be the case there would have been no doubt in our club’s eyes that everything was sealed and delivered. Remember that we weren’t his first choice and that any last minute offer would probably have meant him not coming... the club was clearly in a position that they were ‘safe’ to announce and that this situation was not possible.

If he was our player why have fifa said city can appeal to CAS? Could it be that there is uncertainty! Fifa just adjudicated on whether city should pay nante installments not was contracts exchanged and legally binding..... the issue as arisen because faw submitted papers for international clearance to fifa as is practice, anyway we now know that all will be clear after CAS as done its work and they've looked at every aspect of the signing.. :thumbup:

FIFA have decided that following the issue of the International Transfer Certificate about 2 hours before ES got on that plane his transfer between Nantes and Cardiff was complete. Before any ITC can be issued his registration with the selling club MUST be cancelled, so on that basis who's player was he? Cardiff City no doubt about that now in my opinion.

There are many examples of where both FIFA and CAS when asked to decide on the status of a transfer where they apply one simple test , there is a Latin phrase which basically translates as "When is deal is done both parties should honour the deal". I believe the CAS will tell Cardiff City to honour the deal.

I understand why the club has decided to appeal, and I fully support it, because hopefully by the time the CAS give their decision we will have the AAIB and Coroner's reports and that will open a pathway to another legal course of action. But in simple football terms ES was a Cardiff City player and having agreed a deal Cardiff City will be expected to honour it.

I have no doubt that if he has to pay VT will pay afterall he eventually paid Scam Hammam, but he will not roll over and have his tummy tickled so expect legal action against anyone and everyone associated with arranging that flight.

Sadly I think this will go on for years.

:bluescarf: :bluescarf:

Sat Dec 07, 2019 12:35 pm

Sven wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
BarryWelsh88 wrote:How am I being stupid? He was our player. He was announced as our player. For that to be the case there would have been no doubt in our club’s eyes that everything was sealed and delivered. Remember that we weren’t his first choice and that any last minute offer would probably have meant him not coming... the club was clearly in a position that they were ‘safe’ to announce and that this situation was not possible.

If he was our player why have fifa said city can appeal to CAS? Could it be that there is uncertainty! Fifa just adjudicated on whether city should pay nante installments not was contracts exchanged and legally binding..... the issue as arisen because faw submitted papers for international clearance to fifa as is practice, anyway we now know that all will be clear after CAS as done its work and they've looked at every aspect of the signing.. :thumbup:

Sums it up nicely, Alan :thumbup:

Now that's why you're "stupid", BarryFraud88; because you won't accept (or more likely pretend not to) that City are entitled to appeal in just the same way the any other business and/or individual would

You clearly have a negative agenda and that's as clea/transparent as a newly cleaned window! ;)

how does that sum it up..? FIFA ..HAVE said he was our player..the player status committee report said the transfer of the player had to be considered VALDIDLY CONCLUDED between the parties.. there is no ALLOWING us to appeal , you have a right to appeal.. seems our case revolves around premier league registration forms being sent back that were incorrectly filled in by ourselves...not his actual registration as a Cardiff City player... don't see its much of an argument myself.. but courts and arbitration are never black and white

Sat Dec 07, 2019 3:36 pm

BarryWelsh88 wrote:You’re the stupid one here Sven for putting words in the mouth of others. Can you find where I said the club do not have the right of appeal? anything can be appealed... I appealed a parking fine once on the off chance it would be overturned... it didn’t understandably as my appeal was futile ... but it did get delayed and extended the time in which I could pay the lower offer.

Okay then, I'm stupid...if your perception of reality is the measure ;) :laughing6:

You clearly criticised the club you preport to support and you clearly do so at every opportunity, which in itself suggests you have a negative agenda

I'm not too concerned what you think of me. My shoulders are broad in all senses

Cardiff City FC have the right of appeal and I'm pretty darned sure that if someone was trying to get the odd £14m out me that I even remotely thought I need not pay, I would follow it up

Of course, you may see £14m as small change but it seems even £Billionaire Vincent Tan sees it a little differently

#BarryFraud88

Sat Dec 07, 2019 8:15 pm

dogfound wrote:
Sven wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:

Sums it up nicely, Alan :thumbup:

Now that's why you're "stupid", BarryFraud88; because you won't accept (or more likely pretend not to) that City are entitled to appeal in just the same way the any other business and/or individual would

You clearly have a negative agenda and that's as clea/transparent as a newly cleaned window! ;)

how does that sum it up..? FIFA ..HAVE said he was our player..the player status committee report said the transfer of the player had to be considered VALDIDLY CONCLUDED between the parties.. there is no ALLOWING us to appeal , you have a right to appeal.. seems our case revolves around premier league registration forms being sent back that were incorrectly filled in by ourselves...not his actual registration as a Cardiff City player... don't see its much of an argument myself.. but courts and arbitration are never black and white

So you are saying hes our player so what's the reason for appealing if fifa is saying same, are we Just doing it to prolong paying up? If CAS says we dont have to pay does that mean he is still our player but dont have to pay nante? Surely CAS is going to decide who holds sala contract at time of his death or is there something else to decide ?
Was it us with dodgy paperwork! I understood nante changed it thats why it was sent back for sala to sighn not city?