Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: Cardiff City star Lee Tomlin declares Neil Warnock '

Fri Dec 06, 2019 3:05 pm

maccydee wrote:If there is ever a choice who I back between Neil Warnock and Lee Tomlin it’s Warnock every day. Tomlin wasn’t fit, wasn’t functioning to the best of his ability and certainly wasn’t earning the alleged 20k a week he was on.

He still isn’t worth that and at the age of 31 I wouldn’t automatically renew on the option unless Tomlin keeps his recent form up. I am sceptical whether he will.

What I certainly don’t appreciate is a sly dig at our best ever manager. Hopefully Bamba will put one on him in training for that.

"Hopefully Bamba will put one on him in training for that" what a stupid comment. Yes lets put our only creative outlet at risk of an injury :banghead:

Fri Dec 06, 2019 6:30 pm

Bluebird Warrior wrote:
maccydee wrote:If there is ever a choice who I back between Neil Warnock and Lee Tomlin it’s Warnock every day. Tomlin wasn’t fit, wasn’t functioning to the best of his ability and certainly wasn’t earning the alleged 20k a week he was on.

He still isn’t worth that and at the age of 31 I wouldn’t automatically renew on the option unless Tomlin keeps his recent form up. I am sceptical whether he will.

What I certainly don’t appreciate is a sly dig at our best ever manager. Hopefully Bamba will put one on him in training for that.

"Hopefully Bamba will put one on him in training for that" what a stupid comment. Yes lets put our only creative outlet at risk of an injury :banghead:

:?: what is a sly dig? I've read a lot worse on here regards neil Warnock, at least he waited till he had left,before saying something,f@ck me,someone even accused him of ACTING upset over emiliano sala's death (Worcester?) Tomlin reported back fit and raring to go,still Warnock refused to play him,even with 0 imagination and guile on the pitch,fans were screaming for him to play him,but he wouldn’t, he is the most talented at the club at present, as he has shown recently,and people moaning over his 20k wage? I had a go at the player on here regarding him letting himself down,not being fit etc,but I also said if he had returned fit this season (and he has )he should be playing a lot more regular than he was.if you believe the most naturally gifted player in the squad isn't worth his wage,what of the other misfits earning their keep?? :old: :bluebird:

Fri Dec 06, 2019 7:27 pm

bluesince62 wrote:
Bluebird Warrior wrote:

:?: what is a sly dig? I've read a lot worse on here regards neil Warnock, at least he waited till he had left,before saying something,f@ck me,someone even accused him of ACTING upset over emiliano sala's death (Worcester?) Tomlin reported back fit and raring to go,still Warnock refused to play him,even with 0 imagination and guile on the pitch,fans were screaming for him to play him,but he wouldn’t, he is the most talented at the club at present, as he has shown recently,and people moaning over his 20k wage? I had a go at the player on here regarding him letting himself down,not being fit etc,but I also said if he had returned fit this season (and he has )he should be playing a lot more regular than he was.if you believe the most naturally gifted player in the squad isn't worth his wage,what of the other misfits earning their keep?? :old: :bluebird:

at the end of the day if you were manager would you be in a rush to play someone who has let you down badly over people who have not.. raring to go :lol: :lol: :lol: yes won all the bleep tests did he, the reality is he struggles even now after 60 mins , god knows how fit he actually was.. yes as he said 2 stone lighter but if he and you think losing 2 stone makes you fit you are well mistaken..it helps but you don't become fit through weight loss..
half a dozen decent patches in games for 3 million quid ffs..this shouldn't even be given 1% credibility..
btw..he has played in 10 games this season and would have been more if not injured...so NW to some extent has played him...and the last 3 games for NW as many mins as his first 3 for this manager..
yes sly dig...from a serial very unreliable person...as for Worcester take it where it comes from..

Fri Dec 06, 2019 8:04 pm

Not forgetting he was so fat,couldn’t run,bad attitude and had a dream loan back to his beloved Posh where he failed miserably,other than that I really can’t see why NW wouldn’t play him

Fri Dec 06, 2019 11:14 pm

Escott1927 you are spot on.
Warnock is not beyond criticism. Some on this forum have a Warnock blindspot where every decision he makes cannot be questioned.
Like you say Tomlin is in a fairly extensive and bloody expensive list of signings by NW who have not had a run of matches during his tenure- Tomlin, Reid, Madine, Cunningham, even Murphy to some extent.

Quite simply Tomlin is probably our most gifted creative player at peak fitness, better than Hoilett.

He busted his nuts last summer getting his mind and body in top condition. Thankfully Neil Harris can see what he has and is giving him free reign. We are finally reaping the benefits.

Gary Madine- still hagnt scored but what a turn around in fortunes and performance. Why is that!? The current manager can see his attributes and crucially, trusts him and has given him a run of games.

No-one is a perfect manager, not Pep, not Mourinho, not Klopp, not Warnock, not Harris.
But if you spend allot of money on players then you need to be 100% sure and you need to back them and play them and give them confidence.

Sat Dec 07, 2019 1:39 am

Tuna Pasta Bake wrote:Escott1927 you are spot on.
Warnock is not beyond criticism. Some on this forum have a Warnock blindspot where every decision he makes cannot be questioned.
Like you say Tomlin is in a fairly extensive and bloody expensive list of signings by NW who have not had a run of matches during his tenure- Tomlin, Reid, Madine, Cunningham, even Murphy to some extent.

Quite simply Tomlin is probably our most gifted creative player at peak fitness, better than Hoilett.

He busted his nuts last summer getting his mind and body in top condition. Thankfully Neil Harris can see what he has and is giving him free reign. We are finally reaping the benefits.

Gary Madine- still hagnt scored but what a turn around in fortunes and performance. Why is that!? The current manager can see his attributes and crucially, trusts him and has given him a run of games.

No-one is a perfect manager, not Pep, not Mourinho, not Klopp, not Warnock, not Harris.
But if you spend allot of money on players then you need to be 100% sure and you need to back them and play them and give them confidence.

Glad you see it as I do,crucially for me,he had enough decency to wait until manager had left,how people can say losing two stone,doesn’t make you fit :o tell that to a diabetes sufferer :roll: ,I am honest enough to say I criticised his poor attitude and fitness,and rightly so at the time,he's admitted to having demons,came back 2 stone lighter,and was showing it of on social media, but according to some,that 6 pack appeared through just losing weight :laughing5: and as for Warnock, I promised not to slag the man off,as he brought the club and fans together again,but he was facing a small backlash from fans,scraming for Tomlin's creativity, and for him to be selected to play, imho a last roll of the diice so to speak,anyway he seems in a much better state of mind,which is only going to be of benefit to us,all opinion of course,but that's how I see it. :old: :bluebird:

Sat Dec 07, 2019 1:59 am

bluesince62 wrote:

Glad you see it as I do,crucially for me,he had enough decency to wait until manager had left,how people can say losing two stone,doesn’t make you fit :o tell that to a diabetes sufferer :roll: ,I am honest enough to say I criticised his poor attitude and fitness,and rightly so at the time,he's admitted to having demons,came back 2 stone lighter,and was showing it of on social media, but according to some,that 6 pack appeared through just losing weight :laughing5: and as for Warnock, I promised not to slag the man off,as he brought the club and fans together again,but he was facing a small backlash from fans,scraming for Tomlin's creativity, and for him to be selected to play, imho a last roll of the diice so to speak,anyway he seems in a much better state of mind,which is only going to be of benefit to us,all opinion of course,but that's how I see it. :old: :bluebird:

tell that to diabetes sufferers ? that's got to be top of the charts.
you do know he gets paid a 7 figure salary where being fit is the minimum requirement ?...and no your fitness isn't gauged on how thin you are, sorry its just not , in football a better gauge is being able to give more than a 60 minute performance .

Sat Dec 07, 2019 5:17 pm

dogfound wrote:
bluesince62 wrote:

tell that to diabetes sufferers ? that's got to be top of the charts.
you do know he gets paid a 7 figure salary where being fit is the minimum requirement ?...and no your fitness isn't gauged on how thin you are, sorry its just not , in football a better gauge is being able to give more than a 60 minute performance .

Losing weight increases fitness FACT! Especially if as he was a couple of stone overweight,and for your information,I used diabetes analogy,as I broke my neck 7 years ago,and over nxt 5 years through forced inactivity piled the weight on,and fell into the diabetes category, so for me,yes it does top the charts,as you eloquently put it ;) I didn't say thinness is a sign of how fit you are,but losing a few stone has massive impact on your wellbeing,absolutely a known medical fact,now if you are thin abd drop weight then obviously it has a detrimental effect,but we weren't talking about that,and how about today then? Full 90 mins,pops up with a crucial winner,has been performing decently last handful of games,can only be because he is now getting to full fitness,due to getting regular game time.and lastly,I dropped from nearly 15 stone to just shy of 1st, and I can assure you,I am fitter for it,hence no longer,am I diabetic :thumbup: with regular excersise also of course :thumbright: :old: :bluebird:

Sat Dec 07, 2019 5:48 pm

:oops: :shock: I meant to just shy of 13st not 1st :laughing5: :old: :bluebird: